I don't know if you guys have seen this video, but it claims to show the most popular Kdrama actors according to online searches, I guess. Scanned it and I noticed the distinct absence of JH. Now, I'm not claiming that JH is the most popular actor ever- he doesn't do enough rom coms for that <_< but for sure he needs to appear around 2010, right? They also did a similar vid for shows and actresses, and there I noticed Chuno didn't appear, but FTLY did appear (as You are my destiny) , strangely enough in 2014 and 2019 (I guess that COVID-19 made the show popular again), so there was a surge for JNR at those times, but again- JH is no where to be found in this list. Clearly whoever did the list didn't even include JH in the search he did. I made a comment and got a reply- maybe they will update the vid, as I saw they already updated the actresses vid. But this again raises my bafflement with JH's name being easily missed. This to me is clearly an extension of the lack of promotion we often see for his projects. Whose to blame? The Korean media? The fact that JH is married? or simply the lack rom coms in his repertoire?

edit: got an answer- they indeed forgot to add him to their search... :blink: And also added a link comparing his popularity to JNR. Interesting to see in which countries he is more popular...

Their answer:

sorry we forgot to add him. Here's a graph that shows his popularity: tinyurl.com/29rmajjo

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hopefully can get some news after the Lunar New Year holidays.. I am so bored already

When is that? I'm also bored.:foodie2: Have already rewatced Penthouse elephant and Rabbit and Lizard (still don't understand what's the deal with that lizard...) and am actually planning on watching the Merchant for the first time...

• Like 4

New Westwood S/S 2021 pics

143119905_1895497597292560_2475984166882

143668545_1895497577292562_6776060851535

143407843_1895497637292556_1903499610946

http://minishop.gmarket.co.kr/westwood#

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

When is that? I'm also bored. Have already rewatced Penthouse elephant and Rabbit and Lizard (still don't understand what's the deal with that lizard...) and am actually planning on watching the Merchant for the first time...

Holidays in SK from 11-13 Feb. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Jang Hyuk, Minho, Kang Daniel, Choi Ji Man..."Law of the Jungle" Official Poster Revealed

"Law of the Jungle" will premiere on the 20th Feb. In "Law of the Jungle-Pioneers," it depicts the Byeongman tribe who survives on a remote island where people have left by using abandoned houses. The Byung-man family is planning to launch a 72-hour survival drama that will grow through the passion of pioneering and passionate companionship.

The Byeongman tribe's survival site is a small island in Goheung, Jeollanam-do. The theme of this survival is to use the things left behind from abandoned houses and closed schools, where people's traces are disappearing and there are only weeds and spider webs, and to pioneer a survival site. In addition, they had to survive in the freezing cold weather, where the temperature dropped to minus 20 degrees Celsius at night.

In this episode of "The pioneers," all the super-special performers who have been "steamed" for a long time by "Law of the Jungle," but have rarely seen their faces, will appear.

First of all, Jang Hyuk, a "genius of charismatic action," responded to the "Jungle Love Call" for the first time in 10 years. Jang Hyuk is rumored to have made the production team's tongue stand out, boasting a legendary stamina that does not mind crossing the island by climbing high trees and building ships.

It was followed by SHINee Minho, who is indispensable when it comes to "enthusiasm," special forces-turned-trot singer Park Gun, and major leaguer Choi Ji-man, who challenged domestic entertainment for the first time, musical actor Ham Yeon-ji, Michelin Chef Song Hoon, actor Shin Seung-hwan, and comedian Choi Sung-min. Pioneers in different fields are expected to show their passion for survival as well as their extraordinary chemistry.

"Law of the Jungle" will premiere at 8:55 p.m. on 20th Feb night.

Source: SBS Entertainment News

30000667886_1280.jpg

• Thanks 3

From SBS Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (SBS now)

https://twitter.com/SBSNOW

https://www.instagram.com/sbsnow_insta/

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow

Experience temperature of minus 20 degrees. Pioneer a survival period in freezing cold weather!
SBS's Law of the Jungle - Pioneers - First episode airing on Saturday, February 20 at 8:55 p.m.

EtRIlJ3WgAUkoBp?format=jpg&name=medium

EtRIlJ3XcAg6Ozi?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk, Minho, Kang Daniel, Choi Ji Man..."Law of the Jungle" Official Poster Revealed

"Law of the Jungle" will premiere on the 20th Feb. In "Law of the Jungle-Pioneers," it depicts the Byeongman tribe who survives on a remote island where people have left by using abandoned houses. The Byung-man family is planning to launch a 72-hour survival drama that will grow through the passion of pioneering and passionate companionship.

The Byeongman tribe's survival site is a small island in Goheung, Jeollanam-do. The theme of this survival is to use the things left behind from abandoned houses and closed schools, where people's traces are disappearing and there are only weeds and spider webs, and to pioneer a survival site. In addition, they had to survive in the freezing cold weather, where the temperature dropped to minus 20 degrees Celsius at night.

In this episode of "The pioneers," all the super-special performers who have been "steamed" for a long time by "Law of the Jungle," but have rarely seen their faces, will appear.

First of all, Jang Hyuk, a "genius of charismatic action," responded to the "Jungle Love Call" for the first time in 10 years. Jang Hyuk is rumored to have made the production team's tongue stand out, boasting a legendary stamina that does not mind crossing the island by climbing high trees and building ships.

It was followed by SHINee Minho, who is indispensable when it comes to "enthusiasm," special forces-turned-trot singer Park Gun, and major leaguer Choi Ji-man, who challenged domestic entertainment for the first time, musical actor Ham Yeon-ji, Michelin Chef Song Hoon, actor Shin Seung-hwan, and comedian Choi Sung-min. Pioneers in different fields are expected to show their passion for survival as well as their extraordinary chemistry.

"Law of the Jungle" will premiere at 8:55 p.m. on 20th Feb night.

Source: SBS Entertainment News

Wow.. Great news! Though I would hv preferred news of a new drama. It's been a year since TMWYS. This is really a long long drama wait. Oh wait, is that his pal again with him?? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Prettysup @Ding77 I just told Gumi and she said, whaaattt??? That show is hard! (Apparently kind of extreme?) but the article says that JH impressed everyone with his stamina so I expect it to be exciting! 

I missed him sooooo muchhhhh! I hope this show has good ratings and also new drama announcement soon please!!!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

From SBS Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (SBS now)

https://twitter.com/SBSNOW

https://www.instagram.com/sbsnow_insta/

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow

Experience temperature of minus 20 degrees. Pioneer a survival period in freezing cold weather!
SBS's Law of the Jungle - Pioneers - First episode airing on Saturday, February 20 at 8:55 p.m.

My first thought when I saw this- Oh, no! JH is gonna die... :crazy: Doesn't he really hate the cold?! :PAnd also- thinking about his tent building skills that he showed in Yacht Expedition... ah... Doesn't look like he's very experienced with the outdoors :sweat_smile: And then I think about how he was in Real men, and I'm thinking- he's gonna be just fine. I hope...

17 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Wow.. Great news! Though I would hv preferred news of a new drama. It's been a year since TMWYS. This is really a long long drama wait. Oh wait, is that his pal again with him?? 

I also am not pleased that we still don't have news of a new acting project.... I adore him, but I want to see him act!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup @Ding77 I just told Gumi and she said, whaaattt??? That show is hard! (Apparently kind of extreme?) but the article says that JH impressed everyone with his stamina so I expect it to be exciting! 

Haha  I think he will be alright. Apparently this show used to be shot overseas but now because of the pandemic, they have moved it to shoot locally. So i think it should not be so hard?

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

My first thought when I saw this- Oh, no! JH is gonna die... :crazy: Doesn't he really hate the cold?! :PAnd also- thinking about his tent building skills that he showed in Yacht Expedition... ah... Doesn't look like he's very experienced with the outdoors :sweat_smile: And then I think about how he was in Real men, and I'm thinking- he's gonna be just fine. I hope...

The article talked about abandoned buildings and closed schools - i think maybe not so much outdoor this time given the weather? Anyway he is old enough, I am not worrying about him haha..

I wonder how many episodes will this be? It says 72 hours means they spent 3 days filming.

Would prefer some drama or movie news too, but just got to make do, better than nothing ..

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

From an interview with Kim Ryun Hee CP (what's a cp?) , who worked with JH in Voice and TMWYS (the translation is from this IG post https://www.instagram.com/p/CK0GyANJXOW/:

Interview of Kim Ryun Hee CP mentioned @ajincome .

-You worked with various actors in various works. Including "#luca,", do you have a favorite actor?

#JangHyuk of '#tellmewhatyousaw ' and Kim Jae Wook of ‘ The Guest'. Besides the two actors, the others are good too.

Jang Hyuk has a perfectionist side of learning. He digs into his character to the point where he says it's too much. So I can trust him for any character and leave it to him. The director, writer, and producer have been agonizing over the script before mentioning the details of the character. Sometimes people say, "He thought too hard." In that sense, I want to say that the actor prepares the character perfectly.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002929740

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha  I think he will be alright. Apparently this show used to be shot overseas but now because of the pandemic, they have moved it to shoot locally. So i think it should not be so hard?

The article talked about abandoned buildings and closed schools - i think maybe not so much outdoor this time given the weather? Anyway he is old enough, I am not worrying about him haha..

I wonder how many episodes will this be? It says 72 hours means they spent 3 days filming.

Would prefer some drama or movie news too, but just got to make do, better than nothing ..

I don’t worry because he already filmed it and he is fine. But, I do worry about these shows in any country but more in Asia. Remember that chinese actor who died doing these type of shows? Of course, even breathing is dangerous these days so why worry right? Lol I just want to see him again 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I don’t worry because he already filmed it and he is fine. But, I do worry about these shows in any country but more in Asia. Remember that chinese actor who died doing these type of shows? Of course, even breathing is dangerous these days so why worry right? Lol I just want to see him again 

Haha they don't always get fed so well though.  JH also hate starving.  However, they are also a lot more experienced now.  Still happy to hear at least get to see him soon.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Even breathing is dangerous lol. Yeah, u r so right. :joy: The actor from Taiwan wasn't filming so intense I think? But I think hyukie takes good care of himself and is a very healthy young man. He will be fine. 

42 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Haha they don't always get fed so well though.  JH also hate starving.  However, they are also a lot more experienced now.  Still happy to hear at least get to see him soon.

Yeah.. Still happy that we get to c him but why no drama sighhh :bawling: We desperately need a drama to tide us through this difficult time, at least something that we can rewatch and rewatch, right? 

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I missed him sooooo muchhhhh! I hope this show has good ratings and also new drama announcement soon please!!!

I watched a bit but found it boring, maybe i wasn't into the actors in the episode I tried. I am confident I can watch this if hyukie is in it. Lol. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

What comforts me is that it has already been filmed so it's not gonna affect any project he might be considering, and also the fact that there are two friends with him- Both Shin Seung-hwan and Minho, that is part of the shy club. This means that we will get a much more comfortable JH, that usually makes him sassier, like he was in Friends in Croatia. JH and Shin Seung-hwan together are hilarious! :) 

Also- thinking about- is this going to be for JH a long commercial for Westwood, like the fishing show was?! :D

• Like 3