On 12/27/2020 at 11:44 AM, DarlaRochelle said:

I have a question for anyone who has seen Tell Me What You Saw. I'm wondering how dark/creepy it is? I've heard Hyuk does an amazing job in it (I mean, naturally!) but I tend to get creeped out easily. I realize that everyone has a different gauge for this type of thing, so I guess I'm just trying to get a few general responses from those of you who have watched it.

Sorry for the late response, just wanted to add my two cents. I watched FTLY (2014) first then Thank You (2007) then TMWYS (2020) immediately after so the differences in roles (and his age/maturity as an actor too) were quite stark. While we have different levels of tolerance for these types of things, the fact that you're wondering how dark it is probably means you don't watch these types of shows often. So...

Yes it's dark and while I can tolerate darkness in general, this show has such a damp and gloomy mood overall that l I can only suggest it for JH and psycho show lovers. 

I loved his look and his whiskey-husky voice here though. I liked the two lead girls too. First third of the series was alright for me, middle third I think is what I enjoyed the most, last third I remember breezing through to get it over with (not bad but some parts just didn't click with me).

Oh and Happy New Year everyone! :wow1:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He loves sad songs.

He also said that he loves songs from the soundtrack of movies, as hokey and they might be :) When I heard him ask for "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston, "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion and "Angel" by Sarah McLaughlin, I swear I cringed! :D I'm around JH's age, so I know that these songs were indeed great hits, but they were played so many times on the radio and TV at the time, that nowadays I can't stand listening to them, especially "My heart will go own"! It seems that most of the songs in English that he likes are sugary hits from the 90s. Such a romantic!

I think the least hokey song that he mentioned was Zombie by The cranberries, which wasn't part of a film's soundtrack that I know, but it also was a hit. I personally can't stand that song either... :huh: 

I guess his taste in Korean music is a bit more diverse... or were the korean songs he mentioned were also hits?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

He also said that he loves songs from the soundtrack of movies, as hokey and they might be :) When I heard him ask for "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston, "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion and "Angel" by Sarah McLaughlin, I swear I cringed! :D I'm around JH's age, so I know that these songs were indeed great hits, but they were played so many times on the radio and TV at the time, that nowadays I can't stand listening to them, especially "My heart will go own"! It seems that most of the songs in English that he likes are sugary hits from the 90s. Such a romantic!

I think the least hokey song that he mentioned was Zombie by The cranberries, which wasn't part of a film's soundtrack that I know, but it also was a hit. I personally can't stand that song either... :huh: 

I guess his taste in Korean music is a bit more diverse... or were the korean songs he mentioned were also hits?

I guess he also didn't have time to listen to music, so the songs he knows would either be the soundtrack of  movies or commercials that he watched, or probably played when he was boxing at gym. He did mentioned it when he was on tvN's Life Bar.  :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Happy New Year to you all - been working hard to get this video done - hope you like it! I know it's not everyone's fave series, but it has stayed in my heart & mind after watching it. Was driving a couple of weeks ago and this song (one of my favorites for awhile now anyway) came on the radio and this video idea hit me! :) I admire the hard work Hyuk put into this series and figured it deserved some love!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Dear @DarlaRochelle Your video is just....Im so emotional. It’s like I suddenly remembered the hard life that Jicheol had and I’m crying again. To me, this drama is so heavy that I can’t rewatch it. It’s sad, in a hopeless kind of way but the production and acting was indeed so excellent that I felt like these people really existed (and they frustrated me very much) I always thought I would enjoy this drama more if it was a movie and your video sorta proves this. I loved it so much I’ve watched it about 10 times already. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Dear @DarlaRochelle Your video is just....Im so emotional. It’s like I suddenly remembered the hard life that Jicheol had and I’m crying again. To me, this drama is so heavy that I can’t rewatch it. It’s sad, in a hopeless kind of way but the production and acting was indeed so excellent that I felt like these people really existed (and they frustrated me very much) I always thought I would enjoy this drama more if it was a movie and your video sorta proves this. I loved it so much I’ve watched it about 10 times already. 

He sure had it rough!! In a way, I think pulling clips from it and putting a video together was kind of therapeutic for me in terms of my feelings about the show. If that makes sense. But I do agree - it's one I won't be rewatching any time soon, and it for sure could have worked great as a movie!! Thanks for always being kind with your comments about my videos - it means an awful lot.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Happy New Year to you all - been working hard to get this video done - hope you like it! I know it's not everyone's fave series, but it has stayed in my heart & mind after watching it. Was driving a couple of weeks ago and this song (one of my favorites for awhile now anyway) came on the radio and this video idea hit me! :) I admire the hard work Hyuk put into this series and figured it deserved some love!!

Bad papa definitely deserves some love. It was the 2nd Hyuk's drama that made me cry badly after FTLY. And I haven't mustered the courage to watch it a 2nd time yet. Thanks for the beautiful video!! It brought back those moments and feelings I had while watching the drama.

It was tough filming the drama too. I think Hyuk was hurt a couple of times while filming. Not just his leg injury, there was once when the door of the  MMA cage was not closed properly, and the opponent’s attack caused him to fly out of the cage, hurting his neck bone. I think @dramafan33 mentioned it to us before. So glad he won an award for his role. 

The way he studies his scripts tells a lot ...  

• Like 8

Tq @DarlaRochelle Your video is awesome, it captures those important and heart breaking moments in BP, our poor Ji-cheol. Yes, it's not my fav drama cos it is just too sad for me. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 @DarlaRochelle Yes, a friend who attended his fan meeting that year told me Jang Hyuk told this story and he mentioned how in that scene where his character cried while he was upside down, his tears came easily because he was in physical pain due to that accident. 

Ugh, poor sweet baby. He always gives his all to every project, that's for sure. Also, which leg injury are you referring to, @azureblue7? Sorry, some of these things I don't know about since I haven't been a fan for very long.

Thank you all for your kindness about the video!! :loveu:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

@DarlaRochelleNow, whenever I see you post a new vid I get excited! I can never predict the song that you will use, and the editing is superb! Keep it coming! :)

As to Bad papa- this show baffled me. I think I mentioned before that it wasn't an enjoyable watch to me, but I can't help respecting its bravery. The show doesn't try to pander, it doesn't try to make the reality look prettier than it is. It's strangely realistic for a show with sci-fi elements. We don't get the usual satisfying montage of him getting in shape or a show of joy at returning to boxing. It was clear that it wasn't about that for him- he just wanted to make money to provide for his family. I, as an audience, wanted  to see those things I got used to - but the show wasn't giving it to me. Also the relationship with the wife- at no point did we get a sexy moment, not even a single passionate kiss, that for us as audience is disappointing,  but for a couple that's been through so much together and apart, it kinda makes sense. It's a different relationship.

And finally something that I wondered about is the extent of involvement JH had with the script, as in the last conversation between husband and wife what the wife said is exactly what JH's real life wife (then girlfriend) said to him when he was in the army. So I wonder... :rubchin:

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

It was tough filming the drama too. I think Hyuk was hurt a couple of times while filming. Not just his leg injury, there was once when the door of the  MMA cage was not closed properly, and the opponent’s attack caused him to fly out of the cage, hurting his neck bone. I think @dramafan33 mentioned it to us before. So glad he won an award for his role. 

He won an award for Bad papa? I didn't know that...

The way he studies his scripts tells a lot ...  

I remember seeing him working in Dragon club was part of the reason why I became his fan. JH felt so different from the rest of the guys. It amazed me that even though he was doing this TV show, he didn't allow it to influence what he normally does or what he needs to do, whether it means to work out in the morning for hours or to sacrifice his down time for work. His work ethics were inspiring to me. Still are...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Ugh, poor sweet baby. He always gives his all to every project, that's for sure. Also, which leg injury are you referring to, @azureblue7? Sorry, some of these things I don't know about since I haven't been a fan for very long.

Thank you all for your kindness about the video!! :loveu:

He was using a crutch when he appeared at his fans support truck  and told them that he had strained his ligament shooting the fight scene of Ep.15&16 of bad papa. You can see the pic at my IG post below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpZk2dAh6De/?igshid=2feclwz3ec6m

45 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

He won an award for Bad papa? I didn't know that...

Yes, he won the Best Male Actor Award at the award ceremony of '2018 Grimae Awards'' held at the KBS festival in Yeouido, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul on 7 December 2018. You can check out my posts below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BraU5SUhNhX/?igshid=wilbro57ypm4

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrHKKlQnLmt/?igshid=1omdr3ojaqyle

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrHNgainkVN/?igshid=1ftlz7525ejrg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

He sure had it rough!! In a way, I think pulling clips from it and putting a video together was kind of therapeutic for me in terms of my feelings about the show. If that makes sense. But I do agree - it's one I won't be rewatching any time soon, and it for sure could have worked great as a movie!! Thanks for always being kind with your comments about my videos - it means an awful lot.

BPP is 1 of my fav drama because it's so "everyday life" imo. About a marriage gone sour, about a teenager kid (kind of rebellious) about the struggles of a breadwinner trying so hard to bring home the dough. About illness of a loved ones. If we look at people around us, we may encounter people whom we know in similar situations. I like drama like this but this one is really sad. Ji Cheol is such a sad man who doesn't communicate with his wife (a typical mistake in a long marriage).  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes, he won the Best Male Actor Award at the award ceremony of '2018 Grimae Awards'' held at the KBS festival in Yeouido, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul on 7 December 2018. You can check out my posts below.

Oh, thanks for the reminder.  How can I forget about this award?  Yes, sure glad he won this for BPP.  He deserved it.

@DarlaRochelle Great video from you as usual and glad you've made a video for this drama.  As @Dramafan mentioned, its hard to rewatch BPP becos of the hard life JC had, and seeing him keeps getting beaten is not easy too.  There're also certain parts which are frustrating to me.  Nonetheless, I do rewatch this but at a very slow pace as it gets quite heavy towards the end.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He was using a crutch when he appeared at his fans support truck  and told them that he had strained his ligament shooting the fight scene of Ep.15&16 of bad papa. You can see the pic at my IG post below.

didn't he use a crutch also when he filmed the scene of climbing on that building to save that kid? 

Just saw this clip from Healing camp with JNR that I've never seen- interesting to hear that JH's shyness is actually not that rare...

• Like 6