57 minutes ago, corey said:

Well, afer a series of disappointments this sping I also concluded that K-Dramas are a waste of time for me. However, I think there will be no more JH dramas for some time. My bet is not earlier than late 2021. JH seems to be enjoying his reality shows too much :( Waste of a great actor if you ask me.

Not sure that JH not appearing in K dramas is such a waste. I mean, look at the last shows he did, they weren't very good. He was great, but the show- not so much. Even MC, the only reason it was half good was JH's contribution to it. The way I see it, the only way it wouldn't be a waste of JH's time would be if he will finally decide to get more involved in the writing of the script.

BTW, @Biology Lesson, I haven't been posting much recently because I have been binge-watching.... Taiwanese damas!

OMG, what a breath of fresh air. Girls are not dumb/coy/doormat, guys are mostly manly-looking and parents are supporting and lovig their children rather than beating them with baseball bats...

Well- give me a recommendation! :) 

I actually have been watching Turkish shows lately, and I saw a really good one! It's called İçerde ("undercover" in English?), great acting all around- both leads were fantastic (especially the blond actor, the other lead played in the show that @budgeriementioned recently), great drama! What I love about Turkish shows is that they delve into their characters... The only problem- the show is very looooooong! :sweat_smile: That's the biggest problem with Turkish shows, too many episodes... I would just watch the first 5 episodes and the last 10. The rest are fun, but redundant... 

Oh, and I also saw a fun romantic comedy- Mr. Wrong (Bay Yanlış). Loved the premise, and the characters were fun all around! and this show wasn't as long 

• Like 3

Maybe I will try Nirvana in Fire, sound promising... :) 

You sure? You fine with 54 episodes drama?

OMG, what a breath of fresh air. Girls are not dumb/coy/doormat, guys are mostly manly-looking and parents are supporting and lovig their children rather than beating them with baseball bats...

Love your description! Dumb, doormat, baseball bats!

What I love about Turkish shows is that they delve into their characters... The only problem- the show is very looooooong! :sweat_smile: That's the biggest problem with Turkish shows, too many episodes... I would just watch the first 5 episodes and the last 10. The rest are fun, but redundant... 

The other day, I just browse through a pakistan drama. OMG, it took so long just to kiss! I actually got bored waiting for them to kiss :blink:

6 minutes ago, corey said:

Here you are: Behind Your Smile.

You're making me want to re watch it. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

This doesn't sound like JH was embarrassed by the Running man clip, but KJK. JH is just distracted :) JH's zing at the end is hilarious! :D

"Running Man" Jang Hyeok and Yang Se-chan, imitating Kim Jong-guk, said, "Don't Cha Tae-hyun call you often?" Chattering

[SBS Entertainment News | Editor Kim Hyo-jung] Jang Hyuk misunderstood Yang Se-chan as Kim Jong-guk. On the 8th, SBS'Running Man' held a Jeju Island Package Tour Race. On this day's broadcast, the members called their acquaintances and proceeded with a mission to win when they first noticed that they were not themselves. Accordingly, Kim Jong-guk decided to call Jang Hyuk to replace Yang Se-chan. Yang Se-chan eagerly imitated Kim Jong-guk's voice to pretend to be Kim Jong-guk. The members who saw this made fun of, "Aren't you making it too mean?" Kim Jong-guk also asked, "What do you usually think of me. What am I?" Next, Yang Se-chan, who called Jang Hyuk, naturally said, "Hyuk, where are you?" In response, Jang-hyuk chatted without any doubt, saying, "I'm on the Olympic street right now. I have to take the kids and go home and then go to Gangneung. And Jang Hyuk asked, "Aren't you calling Taehyun these days?" Yang Se-chan said, "Hey, I'm going to die. I keep calling. Why is Taehyun always drinking and calling?" Then Jang Hyeok said, "He's been plugged in these days. You keep calling because you don't answer the phone" and "I've already been dragged a couple of times." Seeing this, Yoo Jae-seok took his mobile phone and asked, "Where is Hyuk?" So Jang Hyuk asked, "Who? Who is it?" Then Yoo Jae-seok replied, "This is Jae-suk," and made a laugh. Even afterwards, Jang Hyuk kept confused between Kim Jong-guk's voice and the voices of other members, saying, "We're not very close," he made Kim Jong-guk abandon.

런닝

https://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10010078116&plink=TWEET&cooper=TWITTER

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Wow this is some insane skill man!! Love it! Is this for his birthday gift this year? 

No, not his birthday gift. The IG owner wrote for commission work. Heard it is very expensive..a few thousands USD 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi @DarlaRochelle I am the fan who posted your video here a while ago 

I love Chuno (mostly Daegil) and your video is the best I’ve ever since for this drama. You are amazingly talented! I actually shared your FMV with friends who aren’t even fans of JH and they were so impressed! One of them was convinced to watch the drama because of it :wow1:

Anyway like everyone else, I welcome you here! I also loooove FTLY, Beautiful Mind and Thank You. I encourage you to watch Money Flower (I love this drama with passion, JHs acting and character is amazing) and another I’d like to recommend is My Country, even though he is not the lead, his character of Bang Won and his acting is mesmerizing and so incredibly sexy, it still drives me crazy

And I think, if you miss JHs quirky acting some romance and having chemistry with the female lead, Shine or go crazy would be a good choice. I have my issues with that drama but it was a fun watch

Have fun and again, Welcome! :loveu:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, budgerie said:

Love your description! Dumb, doormat, baseball bats!

The other day, I just browse through a pakistan drama. OMG, it took so long just to kiss! I actually got bored waiting for them to kiss :blink:

It's 40 mins each episode so around 36 hours total. The first episode was hard for me to follow, they were introducing 19 characters! And I had trouble initially with the faces and names but I was hooked by the 3rd episode. It was actually through Money Flower that I discovered Nirvana in Fire (both have smart/determined leads on a quest for justice; different setting and character relationships though) and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it :)

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well- give me a recommendation! :) 

7 hours ago, corey said:

Well, afer a series of disappointments this sping I also concluded that K-Dramas are a waste of time for me.

Maybe because I only started watching k-dramas again this year so I've only been watching completed series from the past few years but I can wholeheartedly recommend Flower of Evil (this and Yacht Expedition are the only ones I watched/am watching as they aired). Excellent pacing and story execution, lead female character is smart, loved the romance. I haven't finished it yet but this might possibly be among my top kdrama couples.

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I love Chuno (mostly Daegil) and your video is the best I’ve ever since for this drama. You are amazingly talented! I actually shared your FMV with friends who aren’t even fans of JH and they were so impressed! One of them was convinced to watch the drama because of it 

And I think, if you miss JHs quirky acting some romance and having chemistry with the female lead, Shine or go crazy would be a good choice. I have my issues with that drama but it was a fun watch

I agree! Just the thumbnail image of that FMV by @DarlaRochelle (I didn't even watch it yet because I'm afraid of spoilers) together with everyone's comments about it made me excited to watch Chuno. Just need to finish Midas my goodness *hides myself in shame*

What a spot-on description of Shine or Go Crazy. It really has quirky acting (very) slightly reminiscent of FTLY and he's quite handsome here (in comparison with his only other sageuk series I've watched, TWDR) and while I have a bunch of issues with it too, I'm enjoying it as well (especially when I compare it with the other Wang So story, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo).

Edited by Jiyuu
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

Well I just finished watching Icerde that had 114 (!) episodes of around 1h each episode :)  So 54 episodes is peanuts for me now! :sweat_smile:I  admit some episodes I either FF or went off to cook or take a shower while the episodes were playing :D But I did manage to finish it!

I will try, though these days I'm watching the British comedy show Red Dwarf and I'm enjoying it, so maybe later... :) 

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

If the Pakistani drama is anything like Indian dramas, than I'm surprised they have any kisses at all! Though, I did hear that the shows produced for Netflix are quite good...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looks like you are similar to me in your JH revelation story- I also started with FTLY and continued to BM- both remain my favorites of JH's shows :) Bad papa... that's a hard show...

I have to say loved your music choice in both your vids ! The one in the FTLY vid is so sweet... Can I tempt you to do a vid for BM?

:please:

Yes, Bad Papa has been rough, for sure! I'm nearing the end...

Thanks about the music - I won't rule out a BM video! I kind of just go by what I'm feeling the most inspired by, so those 2 videos came about pretty naturally -  thanks for the suggestion!

12 hours ago, Ding77 said:

This is definitely old photo but I so love this set of photos. :kiss_wink:

Awwww thank you so much. My all time fav FTLY. Yeah, the heartache I felt when I was watching it through the night and crying so badly and woke up with swollen eyes the next day hahaha. U hv to watch his real self in variety shows, you will love him even more for his shyness and sometime even a little quirky cute. Don't miss out Carefree Travellers. That's a very good one too. 

Ooh, I just about missed Carefree Travelers - thank you!!! I will check it out!

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually have been watching Turkish shows lately, and I saw a really good one! It's called İçerde ("undercover" in English?), great acting all around- both leads were fantastic (especially the blond actor, the other lead played in the show that @budgeriementioned recently), great drama! What I love about Turkish shows is that they delve into their characters... The only problem- the show is very looooooong! :sweat_smile: That's the biggest problem with Turkish shows, too many episodes... I would just watch the first 5 episodes and the last 10. The rest are fun, but redundant... 

Oh, and I also saw a fun romantic comedy- Mr. Wrong (Bay Yanlış). Loved the premise, and the characters were fun all around! and this show wasn't as long 

I love İçerde! It got a little draggy and long in the middle but the final few episodes and the brothers' relationship made up for it, haha! That may be my favorite Turkish drama after Siyah Beyaz Aşk & Erkenci Kuş. And yes, their shows sure are long!! Make kdramas seem so short in comparison! Also kdramas seem to do much better at wrapping things up. :)

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Hi @DarlaRochelle I am the fan who posted your video here a while ago 

I love Chuno (mostly Daegil) and your video is the best I’ve ever since for this drama. You are amazingly talented! I actually shared your FMV with friends who aren’t even fans of JH and they were so impressed! One of them was convinced to watch the drama because of it :wow1:

Anyway like everyone else, I welcome you here! I also loooove FTLY, Beautiful Mind and Thank You. I encourage you to watch Money Flower (I love this drama with passion, JHs acting and character is amazing) and another I’d like to recommend is My Country, even though he is not the lead, his character of Bang Won and his acting is mesmerizing and so incredibly sexy, it still drives me crazy

Have fun and again, Welcome! :loveu:

Well, thank you for sharing it & for your kind words!! So glad it's helped someone to start watching the show too - very cool.

Yes, MF keeps being mentioned - I think I will have to check it out! And I will keep My Country in mind too. :)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

It's 40 mins each episode so around 36 hours total. The first episode was hard for me to follow, they were introducing 19 characters! And I had trouble initially with the faces and names but I was hooked by the 3rd episode. It was actually through Money Flower that I discovered Nirvana in Fire (both have smart/determined leads on a quest for justice; different setting and character relationships though) and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it :)

IKR. Even for me, who grew up watching Taiwan/Hong Kong drama & subsequently China drama, also found it difficult to watch NIF initially due to the number of characters. The only plus point is that I'm kinda "familiar" with the actors/actresses, some of whom I like so it's not so bad watching even though I was confused who acts as who... :phew:

Well I just finished watching Icerde that had 114 (!) episodes

Should I try this? Can you briefly tell me the plot?

If the Pakistani drama is anything like Indian dramas, than I'm surprised they have any kisses at all! Though, I did hear that the shows produced for Netflix are quite good...

Ok, after waiting eternity for them to kiss, it's not much different from k drama kisses where they glued their lips together & the camera turn around them (making me dizzy).

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

IKR. Even for me, who grew up watching Taiwan/Hong Kong drama & subsequently China drama, also found it difficult to watch NIF initially due to the number of characters. The only plus point is that I'm kinda "familiar" with the actors/actresses, some of whom I like so it's not so bad watching even though I was confused who acts as who... :phew:

For me it's all new. I will try and see how I like it...

Should I try this? Can you briefly tell me the plot?

Oh, yes! I would definitely recommend that show! The story is about two brothers, whose dad used to be a hit man working for a gangster. The dad gets arrested, so in order to insure that dad will keep quiet, the gangster kidnaps the younger son when he was 3 yrs old. Years later what happens is that the older brother works undercover for the police trying to get the gangster, while the younger brother infiltrates the police, working undercover FOR the gangster, who he regards as his father.

The show is really great, filled with great actors and characters. What I loved is that the show fleshes out almost all the characters, even the small (or big :) ) goons working for the gangster. And as I said, I was especially impressed with the actor playing the younger brother. His character is the kind I wish JH would play- very smart, very capable, and yet very damaged and vulnerable. At a certain point, he started to fall apart, and his acting was amazing! I was watching and I was wishing to see JH play a character in a situation like that. This is what I wished PJ would have gone through in MF, but he never did. As @DarlaRochelle said, in the middle the show does get draggy, but the final episodes make up for it. 

10 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Yes, Bad Papa has been rough, for sure! I'm nearing the end...

Thanks about the music - I won't rule out a BM video! I kind of just go by what I'm feeling the most inspired by, so those 2 videos came about pretty naturally -  thanks for the suggestion!

Whatever you chose will be great. I'm guessing if you watch MC, you'd want to make a video about BW. He's that kind of a character :)

Also I noticed you did a video with Audrey Hepborn, and it's funny cause I once compared JH to her, as both of them aged so well, and my theory is that it's due to their personality. The more you age, the more you personality is etched into your face. So if you have a good personality, you age beautifully :) 

I love İçerde! It got a little draggy and long in the middle but the final few episodes and the brothers' relationship made up for it, haha! That may be my favorite Turkish drama after Siyah Beyaz Aşk & Erkenci Kuş. And yes, their shows sure are long!! Make kdramas seem so short in comparison! Also kdramas seem to do much better at wrapping things up. :)

In that case- I will try these other shows you mentioned :)  I do wish for JH a show that is a combination of the Turks' great character building, plots and love stories, with the low episode number of K dramas. Though I'm not sure I'd object for a long show with JH, especially if the show is as good as Icerde is. I will even probably not FF in that case :D

34 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Oh my what did I just see..

Did you see this one? From the same person...:o:sweat_smile: This person actually made a movie with her editing- 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Did you see this one? From the same person...:o:sweat_smile: This person actually made a movie with her editing- 

Lol, no I didn't.  Maybe we should get person on our team except videos with our drama ideas for JH.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Hm..saw running man.  Since he doesn't have his usual laugh when he makes a mistake, I felt it was on purpose

I think he did laugh but it was too noisy. He was also very confused that it is so funny. So I think it is not scripted.:joy:

More pics posted by Heo Kyung-hwan 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHW6x-RBuVu/?igshid=8p4a6575dlvj

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Whatever you chose will be great. I'm guessing if you watch MC, you'd want to make a video about BW. He's that kind of a character :)

Also I noticed you did a video with Audrey Hepborn, and it's funny cause I once compared JH to her, as both of them aged so well, and my theory is that it's due to their personality. The more you age, the more you personality is etched into your face. So if you have a good personality, you age beautifully :) 

Ooh, that's making me want to watch MC. :)

Yes, I love Audrey Hepburn! And I like that theory of yours! 

38 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

In that case- I will try these other shows you mentioned :)  I do wish for JH a show that is a combination of the Turks' great character building, plots and love stories, with the low episode number of K dramas. Though I'm not sure I'd object for a long show with JH, especially if the show is as good as Icerde is. I will even probably not FF in that case :D

Oh yes, if you've never seen İbrahim Çelikkol in the role of Ferhat Aslan in Siyah Beyaz Aşk you may want to do yourself a favor & check it out! The show is far from perfect but that character alone (incredible acting) plus the chemistry between the two leads makes it worth a watch. Not to mention the gorgeous OST.

• Like 2