1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Zoi posted this heartwarming scene from movie Swordsman. Taeyul is so sweet...showing his affection through his actions.

Sweet.  Swordsman is showing in Vietnam on 11-13-20.  I also hope it does well there.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prettysup

• azureblue7

• Biology Lesson

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had to show my friends on here one of my Christmas presents  Hope you all had a blessed Christmas.  

Finally got to watch Hyuk's movie on the big screen! Guess it was not surprising that I saw more men than women watching the movie. Probably the genre appeals more to male audience. Anyway, I was supe

Hi, everyone!  I'm Darla. I am new here and have browsed a bit but haven't posted before. I didn't discover Jang Hyuk until recently and have been making my way through his dramas after first seeing h

Well, finally  watched The Swordsman, with the gracious help of @azureblue7 :heartxoxo:

And I can say that JH's fight scenes are amazing! Absolutely amazing! Very little of JH's scenes felt sped up, I might have noticed maybe three instances that were, but the rest felt natural. Most of it felt very real, in the way JH slammed into the ground and into walls and other things. People were comparing his character to John Wick, but he actually felt more real than that. More vulnerable, and yet capable. I do wish they didn't spoil so many of the fight scenes, but even though they did, to watch them whole was a delight! Instead of reminding me of John Wick, JH's character reminded me more of OHJ from TMWYS in his matter of fact treatment of killing.

What I didn't like I will put in spoilers :) 

Spoiler

My problems with the movie, beside not understanding anything :) , were that it felt too short, the action took too long to start, and that we didn't get see Gorotai really fight until the end, so they didn't really show us why he was so dangerous. Also, since the girl was in danger for just a short time, we didn't get to see that much of her dealing with her captivity, so I didn't really care about the girl.

If I compare this movie to Taken, in Taken the daughter was kidnapped in the beginning of the movie, and then the movie constantly switched between the daughter and her dad. Whenever we saw the daughter we felt the danger that she was in and her behavior made us like her and understand his urgency. This is what I think the Swordsman was lacking...

Now I will wait for the subtitles to come out :) 

I hope that this movie will be considered successful enough to warrant a sequel. I want to see more of JH's character... :D

• Like 5

Hi, everyone!  I'm Darla. I am new here and have browsed a bit but haven't posted before. I didn't discover Jang Hyuk until recently and have been making my way through his dramas after first seeing him in FTLY and falling quite hard for him, like so many others have. :)  I'm currently enjoying Yacht Expedition too and am looking forward to the upcoming episodes! Just thought since fellow fans are in this forum some may like to see this Dae Gil video I made, if there are Chuno fans among us. Hopefully you might enjoy it! 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
19 minutes ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Hi, everyone!  I'm Darla. I am new here and have browsed a bit but haven't posted before. I didn't discover Jang Hyuk until recently and have been making my way through his dramas after first seeing him in FTLY and falling quite hard for him, like so many others have. :)  I'm currently enjoying Yacht Expedition too and am looking forward to the upcoming episodes! Just thought since fellow fans are in this forum some may like to see this Dae Gil video I made, if there are Chuno fans among us. Hopefully you might enjoy it! 

Hello Darla. Welcome aboard. :) So nice to see new fans coming in. It gets lonely sometimes haha. Tq for the video! Though I didn't really enjoy Chuno that much, but I've watched a large number of DG's clips on YouTube lol. Do hop in here more often hehe. 

• Like 5
55 minutes ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Hi Darla welcome here! Your video of Daegil is awesome!! He is my first JH drama and still my ultimate favourite character 

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

A picture taken with a little fan. 

I think he must be filming River's grave at that time, looking at that outfit.

Finally.. I was getting kind of worried seeing him boxing in the gym when director and other actors keeps posting filming site pics 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Welcome aboard, Darla! Your great video was actually posted here last week by another fan, as it is so impressive! Great job! :approves:I also am not a fan of Chuno, though I loved JH's performance in it, and your video managed to highlight some of the best moments of his performance there, so I really enjoyed it... FTLY was also my firsl JH show, and I never looked back... :) 

• Like 4

Thanks for the welcome, guys! :heartxoxo:

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Welcome aboard, Darla! Your great video was actually posted here last week by another fan, as it is so impressive! Great job! :approves:I also am not a fan of Chuno, though I loved JH's performance in it, and your video managed to highlight some of the best moments of his performance there, so I really enjoyed it... FTLY was also my firsl JH show, and I never looked back... :) 

Oh cool! Glad it found its way here! :) I had fun making it, haha. And yes, he was so divine in FTLY that as soon as I finished I watched Beautiful Mind, Chuno, Thank You, and am currently nearing the end of Bad Papa. 

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Thanks for the welcome, guys! :heartxoxo:

Oh cool! Glad it found its way here! :) I had fun making it, haha. And yes, he was so divine in FTLY that as soon as I finished I watched Beautiful Mind, Chuno, Thank You, and am currently nearing the end of Bad Papa. 

Hi Darla, welcome to the group.  Do you have a favorite out of the ones you watch so far?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Welcome Darla!:fullofhearts: Really love your video , it made me want to rewatch Chuno again. Glad you discovered him and you're watching his current variety show too! Did it surprise you that he's so different off screen?

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hi Darla, welcome to the group.  Do you have a favorite out of the ones you watch so far?

Thanks! :heart4: I think FTLY with have a permanent residence in my heart since it was my first. And his character in that is just so quirky and endearing. I found Thank You very heartwarming & charming and I'm a Gong Hyo Jin fan anyway so I enjoyed seeing them paired up. Beautiful Mind kept me guessing and it was interesting to see him act completely differently than he had in FTLY (that was the first one I watched after finishing FTLY). I loved his parts in Chuno but wasn't quite as interested in the other storylines, tbh. And the ending ripped my heart out, of course. I've really been enjoying Bad Papa, as well, although I know I'm in for more heartbreak with that one. So I guess to answer your question, I've enjoyed them all in different ways, but maybe FTLY still claims that favorite spot. And I know there are still many I haven't seen. I've heard Shine Or Go Crazy mentioned and Money Flower as well so I may check those out too...

21 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Welcome Darla!:fullofhearts: Really love your video , it made me want to rewatch Chuno again. Glad you discovered him and you're watching his current variety show too! Did it surprise you that he's so different off screen?

Thanks!!! That's so kind!

Yeah, I'm currently watching Urban Cops & Dragon's Club too, in addition to Yacht Expedition. When I had just finished FTLY and would see him in interview clips I was surprised at how soft-spoken he is and how sometimes he seems shy. Maybe the shyness part depends on who he's around? He's less shy in Dragon's Club, probably since he's known those guys so long. But yeah, it's pretty incredible how different he is when he's not in character! He's so incredibly endearing.

I actually have a Fated To Love You video too so I'll go ahead & throw that in this post in case anyone wants to check it out. It was therapeutic to make after sobbing my heart out over that show, haha!

Edited by DarlaRochelle
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, DarlaRochelle said:

I actually have a Fated To Love You video too so I'll go ahead & throw that in this post in case anyone wants to check it out. It was therapeutic to make after sobbing my heart out over that show, haha!

Love this video! And welcome Darla to this forum. Hope you’ll enjoy staying here talking about our fav actor! and yessss, you need to watch Money Flower soon. It’s a masterpiece, his acting in there. 

ln other news, I had actually thought JH posted an old picture of his on his IG few minutes ago, but now I’m starting to think that it could be his character in the new movie, Gang Neung? The hairstyle looks similar to that bloody filming picture the last time haha. 

• Like 6
32 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

ln other news, I had actually thought JH posted an old picture of his on his IG few minutes ago, but now I’m starting to think that it could be his character in the new movie, Gang Neung? The hairstyle looks similar to that bloody filming picture the last time haha. 

That was what I thought too.

Pics-Art-11-08-01-14-03.jpg

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Love this video! And welcome Darla to this forum. Hope you’ll enjoy staying here talking about our fav actor! and yessss, you need to watch Money Flower soon. It’s a masterpiece, his acting in there. 

You mean this one? I think this one is an old one... 

this fan posted these pictures a few days before he changed his picture, so I think this fan thinks it was because JH saw her post. Not sure, as her post is in Portuguese-

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

this fan posted these pictures a few days before he changed his picture, so I think this fan thinks it was because JH saw her post. Not sure, as her post is in Portuguese-

Haha ok that’s possible. But does he lurk on Twitter?

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha ok that’s possible. But does he lurk on Twitter?

I think she posted it also on IG :)  For sure he saw that drawing of his character in The swordsman  on IG. But I have been wondering about his sudden activity on IG. For months he hardly posted, and then suddenly he starts posting often and changing his account picture every few days. Is it possible that he's bored on set, so he's messing around with IG?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think she posted it also on IG :)  But I have been wondering about his sudden activity on IG. For months he hardly posted, and then suddenly he starts posting often and changing his account picture every few days. Is it possible that he's bored on set, so he's messing around with IG?

I think he used his latest pic from this fan's post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHThQvfpfXG/?igshid=1na2056u2tjs2

• Like 3

Thanks!  I think FTLY with have a permanent residence in my heart since it was my first. And his character in that is just so quirky and endearing. I found Thank You very heartwarming & charming and I'm a Gong Hyo Jin fan anyway so I enjoyed seeing them paired up. Beautiful Mind kept me guessing and it was interesting to see him act completely differently than he had in FTLY (that was the first one I watched after finishing FTLY). I loved his parts in Chuno but wasn't quite as interested in the other storylines, tbh. And the ending ripped my heart out, of course. I've really been enjoying Bad Papa, as well, although I know I'm in for more heartbreak with that one. So I guess to answer your question, I've enjoyed them all in different ways, but maybe FTLY still claims that favorite spot. And I know there are still many I haven't seen. I've heard Shine Or Go Crazy mentioned and Money Flower as well so I may check those out too...

Yeah, I'm currently watching Urban Cops & Dragon's Club too, in addition to Yacht Expedition. When I had just finished FTLY and would see him in interview clips I was surprised at how soft-spoken he is and how sometimes he seems shy. Maybe the shyness part depends on who he's around? He's less shy in Dragon's Club, probably since he's known those guys so long. But yeah, it's pretty incredible how different he is when he's not in character! He's so incredibly endearing.

Looks like you are similar to me in your JH revelation story- I also started with FTLY and continued to BM- both remain my favorites of JH's shows :) Bad papa... that's a hard show...

I have to say loved your music choice in both your vids ! The one in the FTLY vid is so sweet... Can I tempt you to do a vid for BM?

:please:

• Like 3

202011081420310410-2-20201108142251416.j

Jang Hyuk overcomes his water phobia in an emergency

Actor Jang- hyuk is expected to overcome the fear of water and get it into the sea.

In the third episode of MBC Every1's'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' (hereinafter'Yacht Expedition') aired on November 9th, the crew started a full-scale sailing along the west coast. The appearance of heading to the destination uninhabited island Sanggonggyeongdo unfolds. Expectations are raised as people who experience unpredictable sea sailing on the Han River are different from actual training.

At the end of the last two broadcasts, attention was focused on the appearance of an emergency situation on the'Yacht Expedition', which went smoothly after departure. Captain Seung-jin Kim informed the crew that something was wrapped around the propeller, and accordingly, the situation was foreshadowed to enter the water and dismantle the obstacle, raising tensions.

In the midst of this, Jang Hyuk drew attention as Captain Kim Seung-jin, who asked who would enter the sea, he replied "I'll go in" without hesitation. In contrast to the image of 'Action Craftsman' who is good at Jeet June Do, Jang Hyuk confessed that he is the weakest in the sea and left a strong first impression as a Busan man with water phobia. The images of the younger siblings surprised by Jang Hyuk's unexpected support amplified the curiosity.

In the released scene in the third episode, Jang Hyuk, the'biggest brother who is weakest in water', is diving into the sea. He got rid of his fear of water and got it, but dismantling the obstacles in the sea was not easy. Jang Hyuk tried to dive to the bottom of the hull and repeated it, doing his best to solve the crisis of the'yacht expedition'.

It is said that Choi Yeo-jin, Heo Gyeong-hwan, and Soo-you also added strength by sending worried gazes on the yacht. Captain Seungjin Kim also praised Jang Hyuk's courage, saying, "I thought you couldn't jump because you were scared, but you jumped in"

Translated from https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000353050

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

You mean this one? I think this one is an old one... 

this fan posted these pictures a few days before he changed his picture, so I think this fan thinks it was because JH saw her post.  

This is definitely old photo but I so love this set of photos. :kiss_wink:

Thanks!  I think FTLY with have a permanent residence in my heart since it was my first. And his character in that is just so quirky and endearing. I found Thank You very heartwarming & charming and I'm a Gong Hyo Jin fan anyway so I enjoyed seeing them paired up. Beautiful Mind kept me guessing and it was interesting to see him act completely differently than he had in FTLY (that was the first one I watched after finishing FTLY). I loved his parts in Chuno but wasn't quite as interested in the other storylines, tbh. And the ending ripped my heart out, of course. I've really been enjoying Bad Papa, as well, although I know I'm in for more heartbreak with that one. So I guess to answer your question, I've enjoyed them all in different ways, but maybe FTLY still claims that favorite spot. And I know there are still many I haven't seen. I've heard Shine Or Go Crazy mentioned and Money Flower as well so I may check those out too...

I actually have a Fated To Love You video too so I'll go ahead & throw that in this post in case anyone wants to check it out. It was therapeutic to make after sobbing my heart out over that show

Awwww thank you so much. My all time fav FTLY. Yeah, the heartache I felt when I was watching it through the night and crying so badly and woke up with swollen eyes the next day hahaha. U hv to watch his real self in variety shows, you will love him even more for his shyness and sometime even a little quirky cute. Don't miss out Carefree Travellers. That's a very good one too. 

• Like 6
  • Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - current variety 'National Bang Bang Cook Cook', upcoming movie 'Tomb of the River’