12 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

We can watch it through the Hawaii Film Festival app/website next month (Nov 5-15). I think single tickets are around 15usd(?). Since we're not in the US we just need to use a VPN before watching. I use ProtonVPN for my Viki needs (because most of JH's older shows are available only in the US region). I like it because their basic plan is 100% free, easy to use and secure (no ads or spyware). I'm really excited!

Oh that's good! I am an IT-idiot so I don't know how to use VPN haha.. But since it is showing in 55 regions I think u can still hope for it to be shown at ur region. This show must be watched on the BIG SCREEN for the full effect. The swordsplay and the sound effects are daebak! Clang clang clang, whooooosh....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh that's good! I am an IT-idiot so I don't know how to use VPN haha.. But since it is showing in 55 regions I think u can still hope for it to be shown at ur region. This show must be watched on the BIG SCREEN for the full effect. The swordsplay and the sound effects are daebak! Clang clang clang, whooooosh....

Hopefully I'll be able to meet big screen TY. :fullofhearts:

• Like 5

English name of new noir movie - River’s Grave

Actress Han Sun-hwa is expected to make her big screen debut with the movie "Gangneung."

Han added a picture of waves, praying hands and film emoticons to her Instagram account on Wednesday. The photo draws attention as it contains a script of "Gangneung," which reads screenplay and director Yoon Jong-bin.

The movie 'Gangneung' is a noir film about gangsters trying to take over Gangneung for their own benefit. Starring actor Jang Hyuk, he will play the role of a Korean-Chinese-born gangster who has grown into a private loan business, acting as a cold-blooded villain.

With the filming to start this month, Han Sun-hwa's surprise release of her drinking coffee in Gangneung, followed by her own announcement to fans of her appearance in "Gangneung."

Han Sun-hwa, who turned into an actress after the group Secret, has been active in various works, including dramas such as "Rosey Lovers," "God's Gift-14 Days," "Self-light Office," "The Great Temptation," "Save Me 2" and "The Convenience Store's New Star." She is also set to appear in JTBC's new drama "Undercover," which is scheduled to air in 2021.

In particular, "Gangneung" is expected to be Han's big screen debut. Attention is drawn to what role Han Sun-hwa, who has also been acclaimed for her impressive acting skills in the drama, will play in the Noir film "Gangneung."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Oh the poll for the worst drama is finished. Makes me want to check out Wok of Love, Tazza and Merchant Gaekju soon (to get the bad dramas out of the way).

To be honest, I'm not looking forward much to Yacht Expedition because I didn't enjoy the first episode of Hometown Flex much. I don't like it when the guests are deprived of breakfast and lunch etc. Maybe korean variety shows aren't my thing?

But I'm watching his show Urban Cops/City Cops right now and I really like it. I like all the three celebrities in it: JH, Jo Jae Yun (he's Golta from Empress Ki) and Lee Tae Hwan (W: Two Worlds & What's Wrong With Secretary Kim) plus their work with the real chief investigator (dubbed Crime Hunter lol). At the end of each episode is a sort of epilogue, one had a surprise birthday cake for JH snippet and another was JH's love for bread (he doesn't seem to mind the carbs, saw him eating ramyun for breakfast too). And he's really not fussy, when they were deciding the bedroom assignments he just went ahead and decided to "get" the couch. Has anyone here seen it?

I want to watch Real Men too but it's not on Viki, Netflix or Viu and the parts I saw they had the no breakfast and lunch thing again.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

Oh the poll for the worst drama is finished. Makes me want to check out Wok of Love, Tazza and Merchant Gaekju soon (to get the bad dramas out of the way).

To be honest, I'm not looking forward much to Yacht Expedition because I didn't enjoy the first episode of Hometown Flex much. I don't like it when the guests are deprived of breakfast and lunch etc. Maybe korean variety shows aren't my thing?

But I'm watching his show Urban Cops/City Cops right now and I really like it. I like all the three celebrities in it: JH, Jo Jae Yun (he's Golta from Empress Ki) and Lee Tae Hwan (W: Two Worlds & What's Wrong With Secretary Kim) plus their work with the real chief investigator (dubbed Crime Hunter lol). At the end of each episode is a sort of epilogue, one had a surprise birthday cake for JH snippet and another was JH's love for bread (he doesn't seem to mind the carbs, saw him eating ramyun for breakfast too). And he's really not fussy, when they were deciding the bedroom assignments he just went ahead and decided to "get" the couch. Has anyone here seen it?

I want to watch Real Men too but it's not on Viki, Netflix or Viu and the parts I saw they had the no breakfast and lunch thing again.

Actually I like Merchant, Bong Sam is cute and u get 41 episodes of Hyuk in a meaty role with a lot screen time haha.... WOL u can just fast forward or skip those parts without him .. Tazza I think u don’t have to try, I don’t even know what’s happening

And to be honest, I didn’t watch Urban Cops or Real Men in full

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

I love Urban Cops too. Actually I like all his variety shows, except City Fisherman. Oh, u don't like Hometown Flex? I do, a lot. But my fav would be Friends in Croatia and Carefree Travelers. Too bad only one ep of Friends in Croatia has eng subs. I enjoy his older variety shows like Family Outing and Healing Camp too. He's just like a big innocent kid in those shows haha. Real Men is a gem as well but again sadly, only few eps have eng subs. 

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Actually I like Merchant, Bong Sam is cute and u get 41 episodes of Hyuk in a meaty role with a lot screen time haha.... WOL u can just fast forward or skip those parts without him .. Tazza I think u don’t have to try, I don’t even know what’s happening

And to be honest, I didn’t watch Urban Cops or Real Men in full

Yeah, Merchant wasn't so bad for me too, at least we get to see JH ALL THE TIME haha. WOL is the worst! Haha. If I had watched it on TV, I would have broken my ff button. :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

33 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

WOL was so bad (for me), I fast forward more than I watched the drama. Merchant was so long & tiring to watch (for me). Tazza...I yawn yawn...

33 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

Are you able to read Mandarin subtitles? I previously watched it in chinese website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jiyuu said:

I like his role in Wok of love but like @Ding77mentioned, it was a torture to go through the entire episode just for his 8 or 9 minutes appearance in the drama..

I enjoyed urban cops too! If you like it , you will certainly enjoy Real men more. But only a few eps have subs. But I managed to watch the entire show 3 times with Chinese subs. Just show how much I like him in it. Maybe you should try watching the episodes that are subbed first.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Same here.. I prefer Merchant than Tazza...i think it's because he looks cute..haha

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

How many times do I have to say that he just looks insanely young in this hairstyle!! It really makes him reverse at least 15 years in age! 

And that white shirt!!

:eats:

USA fans, tickets are now available for sale!

Link ➡️ https://hiff.org/hiff40/

Tickets- $8.00
Date - Nov. 5th thru Nov. 15
English subs

**BONUS** 72 hour access to the movie!!

Cr. IG Margie_vasquez

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

I can say that the only thing that I liked about Tazza is the number of co-stars in that show that became JH friends ever since. That's the best thing about that show- the people that JH met while doing it :) 

I didn't like Hometown Flex either, though the second episode was much better, and it was interesting to see how many men confessed to being fans of JH in that episode. I also don't like the Variety shows that are all about being funny and playing games. Clearly those shows are less for JH, though people do seem to love him in them. I would recommend the travel shows he did- to the grand canyon and Croatia, the chinese opera thing was nice too, as well as his trip to Mongolia. Have you seen his appearance recently in the Giant veterans show? It was sweet to see his reunion with some of the guys from the travel show to the Grand canyon. 

I think most here watched Urban cops- I really like that show, and it really suits JH as it has a mission to it. He really took it seriously and did great. It's fascinating to see his process- how he at first just observes, says very little, and then, when it's time to implement what he learned, he's fully prepared! :) 

As to him taking the couch- I think he took it since he gets up early to work out, and he didn't want to wake his roommate every morning. 

You can find all the Real men episodes on YouTube, if you want, though only the first two episodes he did have subtitles. But I can say I watched them all raw :)  They are  a lot of fun, even without understand what they are saying...

This is the first episode he appeared in- 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Are you able to read Mandarin subtitles? I previously watched it in chinese website.

Unfortunately, just English for me :sweat:

15 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

...the entire episode just for his 8 or 9 minutes appearance in the drama..

I enjoyed urban cops too! If you like it, you will certainly enjoy Real men more. But only a few eps have subs. But I managed to watch the entire show 3 times with Chinese subs. Just show how much I like him in it. Maybe you should try watching the episodes that are subbed first.

Same here.. I prefer Merchant than Tazza...i think it's because he looks cute..haha

Tickets- $8.00
Date - Nov. 5th thru Nov. 15
English subs

Yay! The ticket is cheaper than I expected.

Okay, I think I get the general consensus now for his 3 worst:

• WOL - someone found his character cute but 8mins exposure means he's not even supporting role or second lead (like in TWDR or as Bang Won x2), and this is in the successful heels of Money Flower right? So he took the role purely for fun and for a change of pace?
  • Tazza - it seems like the role and/or the story is so forgettable that people are actually dispassionate about it?
  • Gaekju - the problems some have with it (the length, the FL, and maybe the tedious merchant sageuk plot) seem like something I can work/plow my way through somehow

• Like 2

I love Merchant too, for the moral that the story displayed. Can't finish WOL and still don't watch Tazza. Honestly, I want to put My Country for the worst drama too but his performance there was so good. 

On the side note, anyone here who still doesn't vote for My Ultimate Oppa? He fall so far behind now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I love Merchant too, for the moral that the story displayed. Can't finish WOL and still don't watch Tazza. Honestly, I want to put My Country for the worst drama too but his performance there was so good. Anything beside that, I loath. 

He is too good in MC to label it as bad haha, but also, serious FF issue. I hope someone will string all his scenes together to make one BW's version of MC. For me, MC and MF are superior, acting wise. :approves:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh I understand now ...Gangneung means 江陵 in Chinese, and literally it is indeed River’s grave!! 

I thought Gangneung is the name of a place, like Gangnam. Maybe like a place with a lot of gangsters haha. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

U mean not or now?

I checked the link. Definitely now :)

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I can say that the only thing that I liked about Tazza is the number of co-stars in that show that became JH friends ever since. That's the best thing about that show- the people that JH met while doing it :) 

I didn't like Hometown Flex either, though the second episode was much better, and it was interesting to see how many men confessed to being fans of JH in that episode. I also don't like the Variety shows that are all about being funny and playing games. Clearly those shows are less for JH, though people do seem to love him in them. I would recommend the travel shows he did- to the grand canyon and Croatia, the chinese opera thing was nice too, as well as his trip to Mongolia. Have you seen his appearance recently in the Giant veterans show? It was sweet to see his reunion with some of the guys from the travel show to the Grand canyon. 

I think most here watched Urban cops- I really like that show, and it really suits JH as it has a mission to it. He really took it seriously and did great. It's fascinating to see his process- how he at first just observes, says very little, and then, when it's time to implement what he learned, he's fully prepared! :) 

As to him taking the couch- I think he took it since he gets up early to work out, and he didn't want to wake his roommate every morning. 

You can find all the Real men episodes on YouTube, if you want, though only the first two episodes he did have subtitles. But I can say I watched them all raw :)  They are  a lot of fun, even without understand what they are saying...

Thanks for the Real Men link. I've only seen one episode of Hometown Flex and half of Urban Cops so I guess it's too early to give up on JH in variety shows. I will watch ep2 to wash away the ep1 after taste. I remember cringing that JH chose the seaside restaurant for their lunch (because it's too hot) but the others' complaints about the discomfort of walking and sun (I distinctly remember LSG's face whom I usually like in his dramas and interviews) felt very real to me and it seemed to make JH uncomfortable and he shrank even more into the background. One thing good I remember is that the old ladies manning the seaside restaurant recognized him immediately as Chuno. Ten years on and people still remember you for a role means it such a big, big deal I guess.

One question I have is for the repeat co-stars thingie going on. Is it coincidence that a lot of his co-stars in previous dramas appear in the next? Or is it because of factors like same director or same genre etc.? I read that he recommended the Midas bad guy for TWDR but how about the others?

• Like 4