39 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

He has such high tolerance with the hair in his eye. I hv the urge to grab a pair of scissors to snip it haha. :lol:

All I want him to do is just push the hair back! That's it! But he never does. <_< The only time I saw him do that is in TMWYS, after he pommeled that first "guy" in ep 6, and he was so sexy doing that... Maybe that's why he doesn't do that? Too sexy? :D

39 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Haha yeah, I super duper love that scene. I love it when the FL touches him. :love:

I really think that LDH was the most natural with JH. I don't think that I've seen any of the other actresses touch his hair so naturally... Maybe the actress from Penthouse elephant?

• Like 6
  • Replies 23.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prettysup

• azureblue7

• Biology Lesson

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had to show my friends on here one of my Christmas presents  Hope you all had a blessed Christmas.  

Finally got to watch Hyuk's movie on the big screen! Guess it was not surprising that I saw more men than women watching the movie. Probably the genre appeals more to male audience. Anyway, I was supe

Hi, everyone!  I'm Darla. I am new here and have browsed a bit but haven't posted before. I didn't discover Jang Hyuk until recently and have been making my way through his dramas after first seeing h

:hwaiting2:Finally got to watch Hyuk's movie on the big screen! Guess it was not surprising that I saw more men than women watching the movie. Probably the genre appeals more to male audience. Anyway, I was super excited even before entering the theatre..thank goodness we wear masks nowadays, or people might be wondering why I had this smile plastered on my face the whole time..lol.:Ohboy3:

When JH first appeared on the screen, actually my first thought was , hey why the makeup was so..erm dark on him and his daughter. But it fits their roles. As the movie went on, I thought he got a little fairer and more handsome.   (Maybe he was spending more time on the chase and  less time hunting under the hot sun? Hahaha) :eats2:

I LOVE his action scenes soooo much! I saw a few people leaning forward when it came to his fighting scenes. He was soooo good! I'm in awe! You can totally tell he did all the actions himself. His expressions when he was fighting are sooo cool and still so good looking.  I thought the bullets scene in the movie can be quite tricky if not done properly because it can be seen as too exaggerating. But here, I thought it looked quite believable. And he did it in one shot! Wow! 

I thought the casting of MinHyuk as Taeyul's younger self was great! Frankly speaking, I wish less scenes were revealed in the trailers. But overall I still enjoyed it very much. And I loveeeee the ending:byebye2: 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2
50 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Finally got to watch Hyuk's movie on the big screen! Guess it was not surprising that I saw more men than women watching the movie. Probably the genre appeals more to male audience. Anyway, I was super excited even before entering the theatre..thank goodness we wear masks nowadays, or people might be wondering why I had this smile plastered on my face the whole time..lol.

When JH first appeared on the screen, actually my first thought was , hey why the makeup was so..erm dark on him and his daughter. But it fits their roles. As the movie went on, I thought he got a little fairer and more handsome.   (Maybe he was spending more time on the chase and  less time hunting under the hot sun? Hahaha) 

I LOVE his action scenes soooo much! I saw a few people leaning forward when it came to his fighting scenes. He was soooo good! I'm in awe! You can totally tell he did all the actions himself. His expressions when he was fighting are sooo cool and still so good looking.  I thought the bullets scene in the movie can be quite tricky if not done properly because it can be seen as too exaggerating. But here, I thought it looked quite believable. And he did it in one shot! Wow! 

I thought the casting of MinHyuk as Taeyul's younger self was great! Frankly speaking, I wish less scenes were revealed in the trailers. But overall I still enjoyed it very much. And I loveeeee the ending 

Did you count how many ppl in the theater with u? I counted a total of 10 including myself haha. Yeah more guys than woman watching, especially those who went alone.

The actions were really good, but as u said, I think we were too spoiled by the trailers and reviews already so nothing surprisingly about the storyline there.

Oh and I noticed that Taeyul’s name was not mentioned throughout the movie?

• Like 8
45 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Did you count how many ppl in the theater with u? I counted a total of 10 including myself haha. Yeah more guys than woman watching, especially those who went alone.

The actions were really good, but as u said, I think we were too spoiled by the trailers and reviews already so nothing surprisingly about the storyline there.

I think there was slightly more than 10 people there. 

Ya...the way he fought is so impactful, not the "for show only" kind. It really felt like he's going to hurt someone with the force that he's using. I think I forgot to blink and breathe...:omg:

Now to think of it, you're right about his name not being mentioned!! 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

21 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think there was slightly more than 10 people there. 

Ya...the way he fought is so impactful, not the "for show only" kind. It really felt like he's going to hurt someone with the force that he's using. I think I forgot to blink and breathe...

I never really count, but i think there's also about 10 ppl  in the theatre with me today.

And I agree with you, it'll be a more exciting journey if we're not spoiled by the trailers.  Good thing they never show the dual with Joe Taslim.  It's so exciting and I was so scare for TY.  But I felt the dual should be longer though.  

The storyline is indeed quite simple and predictable, but well carried out.  I like JH portrayal of TY here.  So soft and vulnerable in peaceful times, that he make you feel like protecting him.  But once he's pushed to a corner, and left with no choice, he's a fierce and merciless fighter.  

I'll be watching again tmr, this time with my sis.  Hopefully there'll be more ppl in the theatre tmr.  

Ahh, now I can't shake off the soft-spoken yet brave TY from my mind.  Shall hug him to sleep tonight... :heart2beat:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I like JH portrayal of TY here.  So soft and vulnerable in peaceful times, that he make you feel like protecting him.  But once he's pushed to a corner, and left with no choice, he's a fierce and merciless fighter.  

I'll be watching again tmr, this time with my sis.  Hopefully there'll be more ppl in the theatre tmr.  

Ahh, now I can't shake off the soft-spoken yet brave TY from my mind.  Shall hug him to sleep tonight... 

Yes! You're right.. I love his transformation too! You can see how his eyes totally changed. I think there will be more people tomorrow and over the weekend too. 

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I never really count, but i think there's also about 10 ppl  in the theatre with me today.

And I agree with you, it'll be a more exciting journey if we're not spoiled by the trailers.  Good thing they never show the dual with Joe Taslim.  It's so exciting and I was so scare for TY.  But I felt the dual should be longer though.  

The storyline is indeed quite simple and predictable, but well carried out.  I like JH portrayal of TY here.  So soft and vulnerable in peaceful times, that he make you feel like protecting him.  But once he's pushed to a corner, and left with no choice, he's a fierce and merciless fighter.  

Ahh, now I can't shake off the soft-spoken yet brave TY from my mind.  Shall hug him to sleep tonight... 

16 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes! You're right.. I love his transformation too! You can see how his eyes totally changed. I think there will be more people tomorrow and over the weekend too. 

Actually I was quite surprised there were 10 ppl watching with me on a Thursday. Thot I’ll be having the whole theatre to myself haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Yayyyyyyyy @Prettysup @azureblue7 @AgnesO your reviews have made me so excited!!!! Much more than any other “professional” review I’ve read before

Specially what @AgnesOsaid about TY being soft and making one want to protect him! Awwwww I already love puppy TY baby!

I’m happy and jelly that you guys got to see him on a big screen! Please watch him many times! Thank you for sharing your impressions :Megathanks:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

When JH first appeared on the screen, actually my first thought was , hey why the makeup was so..erm dark on him and his daughter. But it fits their roles. As the movie went on, I thought he got a little fairer and more handsome.   (Maybe he was spending more time on the chase and  less time hunting under the hot sun? Hahaha) 

Oh i wanted to say something about his look.. initial part he looked sooooo handsome !! I don’t understand why ppl will say he looks bad in this movie. It’s only near the ending part that I feel they put too much eyeliner for him? Otherwise he is superb good looking in this movie. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh i wanted to say something about his look.. initial part he looked sooooo handsome

Is it the same look in the trailer with the messy hair or a different look? I’m so sad I can’t get to watch it, it’s not airing in my country :cries:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

Ahh, now I can't shake off the soft-spoken yet brave TY from my mind.  Shall hug him to sleep tonight... :heart2beat:

What you said here about the softness and vulnerability of Tae Yul makes me understand what JH was talking about when he said he schooled himself to simplify his expressions:

""I simplified my facial expressions and tried to be subtle in delivering them," says Jang, speaking through and English translator." 

He's such a good and complex actor, being able to create a unique character no matter what the plot is... I want to watch it too!! :criesariver:

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looking so good, and, again, how I wish I could reach out and just move that curl from his face :)  but- How would you define his voice? I don't even know how to describe it- it's so soft, so low but also gravely...

I like his voice here. Maybe he wanted it to be easy for interpreter so he tried to speak very gravely and clearly. 

and he's so cuteee smiling when the interviewer gave him 11/10 for his sword skill. lol :heart2beat:

• Like 7

This article gives more info about the upcoming movie... Sound better and better-

Jang Hyuk Suits As A Savage Anti-Hero In An Upcoming Neo-Noir Project

By Kimley | October 16, 2020

JANG HYUK IS RUTHLESS AND UNFORGIVING- AT LEAST IN HIS NEXT MOVIE.

The upcoming film 강릉 Gangneung (working title) by screenwriter Yoon Young-bin, will display a cruel and villainous side of the actor.
Gangneung is a neo-noir movie about gangsters who are motivated by their selfish interest to take over Gangneung. Chronicling the lives of gangsters, the movie will try to deconstruct the kind of world they live in. As outlaws of the society, their lives will be portrayed as a survival game on a daily basis.

A CUNNING ANTI-HERO

Jang Hyuk will suit up for a character who adapted with a brutal and violent means to survive. Taking the role of Minseok, he is painted as someone with a cynical perspective of the world.

Being a loan shark has made him a fearsome figure in Gangneung. As a cold-blooded and bestial person, he preys mercilessly on the lowly people through the power of money.

The chameleon actor shared his thoughts about his new project. “It was new because it seems to be a new noir that I can show in 2020. Minseok is a character that can be interpreted three-dimensionally rather than flat, so it has come to be attractive, and I am looking forward to being able to draw dreamy and colorful while communicating with the director.”

After playing a series of heroic and endearing roles in the past, Jang Hyuk welcomed the idea of depicting a character with an antagonistic qualities. “I will be able to work with actors who are good at acting in a wonderful place called Gangneung. So I will try to express a convincing antagonist. So please look forward to it.”

Although he had previously portrayed a villainous character in Ordinary People as a manipulative person with a thirst for power, he is sure to give a different flavor to Minseok’s character in Gangneung.

Gangneung will start filming this October.

https://www.hellokpop.com/tv-movies/jang-hyuk-gangneung/

• Thanks 5
7 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Is it the same look in the trailer with the messy hair or a different look? I’m so sad I can’t get to watch it, it’s not airing in my country :cries:

Where are you? Is your country not among the 55 countries Swordsman will be released to? :cry:

Well I’m in the USA so I’ll have the option to watch it in the Hawaii Film Festival app in the month of November. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Is it the same look in the trailer with the messy hair or a different look? I’m so sad I can’t get to watch it, it’s not airing in my country 

It is the same messy hair look.

8 hours ago, nyk said:

same here 

now I am just anticipating for Yacht Expedition. 

@Prettysup @azureblue7 @AgnesO  what scores do you give for the movie? :)

I will give it 7/10. Probably more had I not been spoiled by all the trailers and teasers and spoiler reviews.

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

This article gives more info about the upcoming movie... Sound better and better-

Yeah an anti-hero is what I want, not an antagonist.

Quote:

An antihero is the main character of a story, but one who doesn't act like a typical hero. Antiheroes are often a little villainous.

Traditionally, the protagonist — main character and focus — of a story has been a hero: someone good, noble, and brave. However, some stories change things up by having an antihero instead. An antihero may not be heroic at all. TV shows have featured antiheroes who are mobsters, drug dealers, crooked cops, and even serial killers. An antihero is kind of like a villain, or a mix of a hero and a villain. Antiheroes are complex characters, which is why they’re popular.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I wish less scenes were revealed in the trailers. But overall I still enjoyed it very much.

So, can you tell me (private message also can) if TY died in the end? I don't want to watch a show which he died. Also the identity of TY daughter, is it what we speculated before, some royalty? But you're right, the trailer sort of gave the whole story away already. Last night I heard the radio (chinese channel) introduced the movie & the DJ almost like telling the whole story....

• Like 2
  • Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - current variety 'National Bang Bang Cook Cook', upcoming movie 'Tomb of the River’
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic