3 hours ago, nyk said:

I feel like this movie will be dramatic focus. not like a typical gangster movie with many fighting scenes. 

and it's about story from old era right? curious how his outfit will be.  

It’s from an old era? Oh that makes it a bit more interesting to me. And I wonder about his haircut/style too? will he keep the one he currently has? I like the options you like too @azureblue7

@Prettysup Do not pretend you are not thinking how this gangster in this very violent film might get injured many times :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

36 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Omg to this one below :sweat_smile:

Haha I think we are going to have a fun time speculating his hair again 

17 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Do not pretend you are not thinking how this gangster in this very violent film might get injured many times :P

No seriously I wasn’t hahaha 

50 minutes ago, nyk said:

lol aside from the story , I'm just excited about his look now. 

From the pics Zoi posted on the previous page, I think it’s retro style ?

• Like 3

POLL alert!

ah chingus, time for another poll. as suggested by @budgerie, here is the poll for the worst drama. what was bad about it? did you drop it? did you complete it just for Jang Hyuk? did you wipe it from your memory as soon as you finished watching? pick your choices (top of page) and share your thoughts on why you didn't enjoy the drama at all.

:waves:

re: @partyon

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

46 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Omg to this one below :sweat_smile:

lol JH can look cute in this hairstyle. :D 

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

From the pics Zoi posted on the previous page, I think it’s retro style ?

yeah it looks like that. so I think it must events occurred many years ago. 

He can get injured multiple times but please don't die. :Please: 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Lmangla Oops! I only chose one and I had a couple more. No way to edit these right? 

yea, unfortunately the platform does not allow you to edit your choices for the poll once submitted. but you can always share your thoughts in post. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

POLL alert!

ah chingus, time for another poll. as suggested by @budgerie, here is the poll for the worst drama.

Thank you so much for this poll! I'm so happy that WOL top the list (hahaha)! My wicked mind hope it stayed top of the list :D This drama is everything wrong for me. Probably because I (we) just crossed over from MF where PJ was such a formidable person, in WOL, Chil Sung character was so inferior to PJ + I also thought JH acting wasn't as good as he was in MF, the same for Lee Mi Sook. Chil Sung character was (to me) a cartoon gangster. The FL of the drama irritated me alot, not the actress, but the character in which she acted as. I literally fast forwarded to Chil Sung scenes only. And I wonder why did the writer make Chil Sung meet the Vet 4x & nothing else after that?? She said if they meet 5x she would take it that they are destined to be together so what's the point of meeting 4x when the writer didn't have the intention to make them together??

4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Thank you so much for this poll! I'm so happy that WOL top the list (hahaha)! My wicked mind hope it stayed top of the list :D This drama is everything wrong for me. Probably because I (we) just crossed over from MF where PJ was such a formidable person, in WOL, Chil Sung character was so inferior to PJ + I also thought JH acting wasn't as good as he was in MF, the same for Lee Mi Sook. Chil Sung character was (to me) a cartoon gangster. The FL of the drama irritated me alot, not the actress, but the character in which she acted as. I literally fast forwarded to Chil Sung scenes only. And I wonder why did the writer make Chil Sung meet the Vet 4x & nothing else after that?? She said if they meet 5x she would take it that they are destined to be together so what's the point of meeting 4x when the writer didn't have the intention to make them together?? And as I said before in earlier post, I have liking for 2nd FL syndrome...I definitely prefer the Vet to the FL of WOL.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Thank you so much for this poll! I'm so happy that WOL top the list (hahaha)! My wicked mind hope it stayed top of the list :D This drama is everything wrong for me. Probably because I (we) just crossed over from MF where PJ was such a formidable person, in WOL, Chil Sung character was so inferior to PJ + I also thought JH acting wasn't as good as he was in MF, the same for Lee Mi Sook. Chil Sung character was (to me) a cartoon gangster. The FL of the drama irritated me alot, not the actress, but the character in which she acted as. I literally fast forwarded to Chil Sung scenes only. And I wonder why did the writer make Chil Sung meet the Vet 4x & nothing else after that?? She said if they meet 5x she would take it that they are destined to be together so what's the point of meeting 4x when the writer didn't have the intention to make them together??

Haha, same here, I also voted for WOL. So whenever I complain JH not doing anything, I also hope he won't simply do another WOL-like project to squeeze in between his works. I'd rather he appear in some 1 or 2 episodes of variety show than another WOL. He's definitely not at an age where he has to settle for a 2nd ML role yet, unless it is a heavy weight 2nd ML like MC. :P

10 hours ago, nyk said:

lol JH can look cute in this hairstyle. :D 

yeah it looks like that. so I think it must events occurred many years ago. 

He can get injured multiple times but please don't die. 

Nooooo, not that hair plssss haha. 

And Yessss, please don't die too. :lol:

• Like 4

@budgerie I guess I can totally understand the let down that was WOL and Chilsung after seeing the masterful Piljoo

This time my vote was for Gaekju, mostly because the drama was tedious and Bongsam was an irritatingly dense square “too good” and at times dumb character :P My other votes would’ve been for Voice and Iris 2 but I pressed send too fast. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Wow!! He's  going to be the antagonist!!

1602650200014-828319873.jpg

Actor Jang Hyuk turns into a ruthless knave.

On October 14, according to his agency, Jang Hyuk has confirmed to appear in the movie 'Gangneung' (screenwriter Yoon Young-bin). It will show the essence of a cruel and vicious villain.

'Gangneung' is a work that tells the story of gangsters trying to occupy Gangneung for their own benefit. Jang Hyuk took on the role of'Minseok', a Korean-Chinese gangster who grew up in the private loan business. Since he was a character who had no choice but to become brutal and strong to live, he is expected to take on the peak of his cold-blooded acting.

Jang Hyuk said, “It was new because it seems to be a new noir that I can show in 2020. 'Minseok' is a character that can be interpreted three-dimensionally rather than flat, so it has come to be attractive,  and I am looking forward to being able to draw dreamy and colorfully while communicating with the director. I am happy to be able to work with actors who are good at acting in a wonderful place called Gangneung, and I will try to express a convincing antagonist, so please look forward to it.”

Jang Hyuk previously showed a refined antagonist in the movie 'Ordinary Person'. Expectations for a different antagonist to be shown in this work are increasing.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000340192

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, azureblue7 said:

Actor Jang Hyuk turns into a ruthless knave.

On October 14, according to his agency, Jang Hyuk has confirmed to appear in the movie 'Gangneung' (screenwriter Yoon Young-bin). It will show the essence of a cruel and vicious villain.

'Gangneung' is a work that tells the story of gangsters trying to occupy Gangneung for their own benefit. Jang Hyuk took on the role of'Minseok', a Korean-Chinese gangster who grew up in the private loan business. Since he was a character who had no choice but to become brutal and strong to live, he is expected to take on the peak of his cold-blooded acting.

Jang Hyuk said, “It was new because it seems to be a new noir that I can show in 2020. 'Minseok' is a character that can be interpreted three-dimensionally rather than flat, so it has come to be attractive,  and I am looking forward to being able to draw dreamy and colorfully while communicating with the director. I am happy to be able to work with actors who are good at acting in a wonderful place called Gangneung, and I will try to express a convincing antagonist, so please look forward to it.”

Jang Hyuk previously showed a refined antagonist in the movie 'Ordinary Person'. Expectations for a different antagonist to be shown in this work are increasing.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000340192

If they do this correctly, if they allow JH to create a complex character- this can be a great movie! I hope JH will produce a performance closer to PJ rather then the character from Ordinary Person. I want to see PJ let loose!!! 

Also- that picture! I can't get over that picture! The expression on JH's face... Wow! It was obviously taken in the same photoshoot used for the calendar, before JH filmed MC, but I don't remember seeing it, or even the shirt he's wearing...

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh Yu Oh-seong is the protagonist?

39 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Also- that picture! I can't get over that picture! The expression on JH's face... Wow! It was obviously taken in the same photoshoot used for the calendar, before JH filmed MC, but I don't remember seeing it, or even the shirt he's wearing...

Yeah they have a lot of hidden pictures

• Like 3