OK, if I understood the translation correctly in this season of Yacht expedition the guys will be obtaining their yachting license and do the islands tour idea that the captain suggested at the end of the first season. At least, I think this is what this says. The translation is really bad... and it's gonna start on october 26! Very soon!

If any of you can give a better translation, please do...

Edit: reading some of the comments I realise that the first season hasn't ended yet! I guess I didn't see all the episodes, and the poor guys did do the islands tour at the end :) I felt so sorry for them, but I can say that once they decided to cancel the original plan, the episodes that I did see became cringey to me as you could feel the forced joviality from the guys, while it was so clear they just wanted to go home! I hope JH's experience will be better...

'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning', Jang Hyeok-Choi Yeo-jin-Heo Gyeong-hwan-Soyou confirmed appearance.. First broadcast on October 26 [Official]

[Herald POP = Reporter Cheon Yoon-hye]'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' Jang Hyuk-Choi Yeo-jin-Huh Gyeong-Hwan-Soyu has confirmed their appearance as NEW members.

MBC Every1's'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning', first aired on October 26th, is a sailing journal program with bare hands and bare feet hitting the body from the bottom. Draw. Jingu, Choi Si-won, Ki-Ha, and Song Ho-jun are raising expectations with a yacht sailing program that connects the popular'Yacht Expedition'.

Previously,'Yacht Expedition' unfolded the unstoppable real voyage adventure of the Pacific Ocean of four men, while'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' tells the story of a more familiar and close yacht. It is expected that the process of obtaining a yacht license and challenging the long run along the west coast will give the yacht's'chin' charm.

To this end, actors Jang Hyeok, Choi Yeo-jin, singer Soo-Yoo, and comedian Heo Gyeong-hwan joined together. Interest is focused on the unimaginable synergy of the '4 yachts' that the four people with various charms will create what kind of fresh combination they will create, and the enthusiasm is already great. First of all, Jang Hyeok, a passionate man in the entertainment industry, is going to the sea reception this time. Jang Hyeok, who has honed various skills at the level of a martial artist beyond acting as an action actor, reserves the'Yacht Master' with his extraordinary athleticism. Expectations are added to the performance of the reserve captain Jang Hyeok who will heat the yacht.

Choi Yeo-jin, the'Sports Goddess' who has been doing all-kill water leisure, recently gained a lot of attention by revealing her daily life, whose hobby is'material'. Choi Yeo-jin, who has studied various water sports and obtained a rowing license, is predicting a boss character on a yacht who leads the crew of'Yo Al. Mot'.

Marine Boy (?) Heo Gyeong-hwan from Tongyeong, Gyeongsangnam-do is planning to play an active part as an atmosphere maker on the yacht. Heo Gyeong-hwan, who recently won a silver medal in a fitness competition, is going to challenge the yacht this time. It will play an active role as the official stone for'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning', such as chores and cooking, and is expected to provide pleasant energy.

As the youngest member, Soo Soo, a former Sistar member of the song'Girl Crush', who has an attractive tone, joined. It is said that Soyou gave off a passion for cooking and made the crew enjoyable. 'Leisure Doll', who recently revealed his daily life boasting high-level wake surfing skills, is expected to capture viewers with its healthful charm.

'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' is set to convey the charm of various islands that we did not know about with the beautiful west coast sea in the background. It is expected to present a blue sea and various healing attractions to viewers exhausted from Corona 19. MBC Every1's'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' is scheduled for the first broadcast on Monday, October 26th at 8:30 pm, following the current'Yacht Expedition'.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003351392

202010081300462734450_20201008130144_01_20201008130223953.jpg?type=w430

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Jang Hyuk X Joe Taslim to hold a live overseas conference - proof of high expectations

The best entertainment film "The Swordsman," which captivated all generations with its legendary sword fighting action, will hold a overseas live conference for major media outlets including Singapore and Indonesia thanks to enthusiastic responses from overseas beyond Korea.

After the abolition of Gwanghae-gun, the real chase action "The Swordsman," begins as Joseon's top swordsman Taeyul, who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his missing daughter, is drawing attention by announcing the holding of a live overseas conference on October 12 (Monday).

Actor Jang Hyuk, who played Joseon's best swordsman "Taeyul" in the movie "The Swordsman," and Indonesian national actor Joe Taslim, who plays the role of Gurutai, a Qing dynasty royal family who covets chaos, will have a meaningful time to answer questions about the film with major Asian media. The overseas live conference, which will be held for about 40 major media outlets in Asia, including Singapore and Indonesia, will be held in a non-face-to-face press conference that will be broadcast live on screen due to the COVID-19 situation.

Actor Jang Hyuk will participate in Korea, Joe Taslim in Indonesia, and major Asian media in Singapore and Indonesia respectively. In addition, after the overseas live conference, actors Jang Hyuk and Joe Taslim are scheduled to hold individual 1:1 video interviews with major media in Singapore and Indonesia, realizing the Asian media's keen interest in the film.

Meanwhile, the movie is scheduled to be screened across various Asian countries including Singapore on October 15, Taiwan on October 16, Indonesia on October 28, and Vietnam on end October.  28. A live conference was organized  at the request of overseas distributors despite the difficulty of the actors participating in local promotions due to the COVID-19 situation, and Jang Hyuk and Joe Taslim were glad to respond to the request of overseas movie fans.

In response, K-Movie Entertainment, which is in charge of overseas distribution of "The Swordsman," said, "We expect it to be a meaningful place to introduce Korean action films to Asian audiences such as those in Singapore and Indonesia."

The movie "The Swordsman," which is receiving enthusiastic attention and response from movie fans around the world, is currently being screened in theaters across Korea.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202010081537244057038_1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So happy for those of you in Singapore who get to watch! I can only hope they bring it to Netflix :crymeme:

and yes today we got a bucketload of good pictures from Westwood. I love this pictorial so much, even more than the pictorial for spring when he has his long hair. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Haha u decided which days to go already ? I am still waiting for them to release the screening schedule. 

I'm planning to go on the first day of screening.  I'm also waiting for the screening schedule.  You see any poster out yet?  Didn't get to go out these few days...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

So happy for those of you in Singapore who get to watch! I can only hope they bring it to Netflix 

and yes today we got a bucketload of good pictures from Westwood. I love this pictorial so much, even more than the pictorial for spring when he has his long hair. 

Even it's out in Netflix, it will probably be next year I think. After the movie is not showing at theatres anymore. 

the wait is killing me.  :hackingspree:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Me too!! Here's some screencaps of his beauty in the film

20201008-224653-854.jpg
Pics-Art-10-08-09-25-36.jpg
Pics-Art-10-08-10-17-51.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, AgnesO said:

I'm planning to go on the first day of screening.  I'm also waiting for the screening schedule.  You see any poster out yet?  Didn't get to go out these few days...

No I had been working from home this week, so no chance to go out either. Anyway I hardly see any movie posters nowadays.  I can only watch  on the first day if the theatre near my workplace has a suitable evening slot coz I need to work in office that day. Otherwise it’s got to be the weekend. 

• Like 3

Hello. I’m Jiyuu, a new Jang Hyuk fan :) Apologizing for my first and very long post in advance but wanted to gush about him somewhere. Everything is fresh for me and this journey of diving into his portfolio of works is amazing.

GLIMPSES OF JH

I first saw him on Windstruck many years ago and remember thinking the main guy looks good but forgot about it and didn’t encounter him in any of the subsequent dramas I’ve watched sporadically through the years.

Amidst the pandemic, I went on full kdrama bingeing and finished more than 40 series! I saw mentions of JH for Iris 2 and as one of the many hot leads Gong Hyo Jin has been paired with (it’s true, GHJ really has been paired with a lot of my favorite actors). But when I checked his pics in those two dramas, it didn’t make much of an impression. (Later on, I realized it’s either the hair in those pics or simply because JH is best in motion.)

DISCOVERY & FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I watched Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo last August and was reading more about the historical figure Wang So which led to mentions/comparisons with Shine or Go Crazy. SOGC led me to Fated to Love You which luckily was on Netflix. I checked it though I didn’t expect much because I’ve seen similar plots in other dramas, romance novels and even shoujo manga.

So I spent the first 1.5 episodes fast-forwarding through a lot of the scenes in FTLY. I didn’t get the humor and cringed at what I found (then) were over-the-top antics. By the latter half of episode 2, I liked what I saw and stopped fast-forwarding. Kim Mi-Young is meek but with a quiet strength that I can’t help but root for, and Lee Geon is neither a jerk nor your usual chaebol. He’s dashing, surprisingly sensitive to the needs of others, and one-of-a-kind.

First time I watched FTLY I was crying and enjoying the angst fully. Second time I watched it I was laughing at all the OTT antics that I failed to appreciate fully before. I think that’s they key to enjoying FTLY. To not have hyped-up expectations for the series (not being familiar with JH is a plus) and being ready for the angst. I noticed those who watched it primarily for the “com” of its romcom tag ended up (mildly?) dissatisfied. But FTLY is a little piece of perfection for me.

AND SO A NEW FAN HAS BEEN "CONVERTED"

I cannot believe how in the world I could have missed his works but I’m happy I discovered him at a time when I can fully appreciate him more and he has tons of series for me to line-up watching. His range is truly astounding. I don’t think I’ve seen any other actor change his hair, mannerisms, and voice as distinctly as he does. His eyes speak volumes and his hands, his hands in FTLY were acting too!

It helps a lot that I like what I’ve seen/heard of his off-screen personality. “Boring and uneventful” by entertainment gossip standards but definitely “manly and swoon-worthy” in real life and/or if his actual self was the main lead for the kdrama of his life.

WHAT I'VE SEEN SO FAR (in the order I started each, hopefully sans spoilers)

Fated to Love You (2014, watched it 2x + some episodes more than 2x)

I cannot imagine anyone else playing the role of this endearingly eccentric CEO. JH as Lee Geon is loyal, takes responsibility, caring, self-sacrificing, hyper and energetic. The production has all these lovely details throughout the show and I believe it will be on my absolute favorite list for years to come.

Thank You (2007)

I rarely break my rule of avoiding pre-2010 dramas but I did out of curiosity both for JH and GHJ (I started this as I was midway through his FTLY and before finishing her Camellia). Here he plays a gifted doctor who’s grieving and bitter with the world. JH’s acting and the story are both good and I understand the drama’s appeal if I watched it at the same time as it was aired. The role, however, seems like it could be starred in by other equally good actors, not necessarily JH. I find this drama a good basis to juxtapose his versatility and evolution into the phenomenal actor that he is.

Tell Me What You Saw (2020)

It’s a nice watching him straight from an angry, impatient doctor in Thank You to an almost lifeless and detached, manipulative genius profiler Oh Yoon Jae. He looks fantastic in his winter coats, sunglasses and shoulder-length hair. The story and cast of TMWYS are good (though not as much in the 3rd part, maybe because I guessed the reveal early?). It probably won’t appeal to everyone as the story is a bit too dark (nearly all the antagonists are serial killers, not just regular criminals) but the lead girl’s country-naiveté portrayal and trust in OYJ balanced out the series from being all darkness.

Tree With Deep Roots (2011)

Maybe not his most handsome (I didn’t recognize him immediately in the first scene!) but I enjoyed JH here as a street-smart royal guard with a knack for getting tangled in others’ schemes. The story is quite different from other sageuks (the ones I have seen, at least) and most of the plot-twists are revealed when I didn’t expect it (not dragged on like in most series). Although, towards the end my interest waned a bit with too much internal dilemmas and soliloquies. Or maybe because I wasn’t too invested with the lead girl? I felt like Chae Yoon lost a bit of his shine with the love angle.

One question: did they tan/darken his skin here? His skin seemed way lighter (even a bit rosy pink) in FTLY and Midas.

The Flu (2013)

There’s something very comforting for me in watching the simplicity of disaster films. And JH as a dedicated rescue worker is a treat to watch. He’s dependable and softhearted, someone who absolutely cannot walk away from people in need. It feels like this character is closest to his personality and he even falls in love at first sight with the lead girl (although she’s not likable at first).

Midas (2011, been watching on and off)

Just finished episode 6 and it’s at times fascinating but mostly a painful watch. Kim Do Hyun is driven and ambitious to the point of abandoning everything. What keeps me going is he’s been faithful (so far!) and I’m hoping he’ll come back to his senses and come groveling for a second chance later on (buuuut what if I’m wrong). It helps also that I like Lee Min Jung. If anyone can encourage me to continue with the series, please do so.

Empire of Lust / Age of Innocence (2015, watched 2x including uncut version)

Watching this immediately upon finishing TWDR was perfect as I have bits of insight into the historical Lord Sambong/Jung Do Jun and a younger King Taejong (before his ascension). I understand too why JH would want another chance to portray the character of Yi Bang Won. I disagree with a comment I saw before that his role here is evil. He’s a lot of things: dissatisfied and cunning, someone to be wary of, a bit wild and brutal, but not one who took pleasure in violence and killing. He wanted his rightful place and, if possible, he wanted his friend beside him.

Ep. 3 cameo in The Producers

I liked this series but his cameo was a nice bonus. It was just for a minute but I smiled widely watching his cameo “interview” here using that soft, please understand me voice. I guess he looks awesome with long hair (for me) too.

= = = = =

End of fan-girling (for now). Thank you for those reading this and bearing with me as I lose my head a bit. I'll most probably start My Country next while Empire and TWDR are still fresh on my mind.

Really tempted to join in the Money Flower rewatch but I was thinking I should finish Midas first? I also wanted to save MF for last (together with Beautiful Mind) as it has rave reviews from people like DramaFan who enjoyed FTLY.  From the last poll votes, it was BM that’s second place, right?

I am afraid to watch Chuno (but know that I have to sooner or later) not just because it’ll be tragic but I’m afraid I won’t like the female lead (and she appears in three of his works!) which can hugely affect my enjoyment of the drama.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

Hello. I’m Jiyuu, a new Jang Hyuk fan :) Apologizing for my first and very long post in advance but wanted to gush about him somewhere. Everything is fresh for me and this journey of diving into his portfolio of works is amazing.

Welcome aboard. :) Read half of your post and loving it, always so happy and love to hear good words about our dear hyukie. :issohappy: Will surely continue to read your reviews later. Hehe. This is a great place to read everything about hyukie, u will love it. Do drop in more often. 

• Like 6

@Jiyuu Hello welcome here! It is always good to see JH having new fans~~

I read through your entire long post,  you are with the mass majority here who love him after watching FTLY. I am the exception here who hated that show haha. But after reading what you wrote, I am so tempted to give it another try?

About Midas, I hated that show, I don't know what it was talking about haha. I prefer action shows eg Chuno and Iris2. So my advice is just go join the MF re-watch and ditch Midas first .. but I do know some ppl who love Midas though.

I am not sure which country you are from, but I hope Swordsman gets screened in yours so you will have a chance to see the guy in action on the big screen. 

Hope to see u around more ~~ Btw u managed to follow ajincome?

• Like 4

@Jiyuu Oh my oh my! FTLY! I love love love it! Recently I shared here some deleted scenes from the drama but I plan to post them on my blog and put the link here. I’m sure you’ll appreciate those 

If you want to completely fall head over heels I suggest you quickly watch Money Flower (Maybe join the rewatch as suggested by Prettysup) and Beautiful Mind. In My Country he is also incredibly sexy so any of those three would work for the purpose of hooking you on Hyuk forever! :lol: The only issue with My Country is he is not the protagonist (although he completely steals the show imo)

Save Chuno for later, the female lead, really wasn’t a strong character. This drama is worth watching in my opinion because of JH, he won Daesang for it, but I would save it for later when you are more addicted lolol.

However this same couple was really good together in Robber (it might be worth it for you to break your rule, but I would also save it for later if I were you) 

P.S I just read that you actually want to save the best for last. I think you wrote on Stuck on Hyuk right? I tell you the same thing that I said there. Do not wait! Life is too short lol Well that’s my humble desperate advice as a fan who wants you to get totally hooked right now lolol

More P.S I love other dramas of his and characters of course, but I feel like the FTLY feeling is something hard to replicate. 

• Like 6

hi @Jiyuu welcome aboard to our family. Come join the calmness and sometimes the craziness here.

As for his drama, it's the matter of preferences. If you ask my opinion, you should try cont Midas. The second half when he came to his sense and his planning his revenge it's a joyful ride to watch. He smart and cunning there. I know all the stock discussion can be boring but I just love to watch his expression and his discussion with his team. Well, most of them is his friend in real life.

Also I encourage you to watch MF first coz of the rewatch. So you can join the discussion and made it more fun to watch. The insight can be helpful. One of the thing that make FTLY fun to watch for me is coz of discussion. It made you understand the inside joke better in some scene.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Have to agree with 

@Prettysup @dramafan33 that BW is incredibly badass sexy in My Country, :love: though he's not the ML which is so mehhh. :P I'm with you, I super duper love LG and I'm one of the minority who also love his character Yoo Gun in Iris2, while not crazy about MF and BM haha. But on my 2nd watch of BM, I have plans to do a 3rd time since there is no new drama from Hyukie. BM gets better and better hehe. And I want to complain again about Hyukie "Why are you soooo lazy @ajincome??" :cries3:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

Hi Jiyuu!! Welcome !! So happy to know that more people are discovering JH for the first time! Really hope Netflix will show more of his works.

I love reading your post!!! Like you, I already knew of him through pics but you're right about him being best appreciated in motion.

Do join us whenever you are free in our discussions here! :approves: 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

read through your entire long post,  you are with the mass majority here who love him after watching FTLY. I am the exception here who hated that show haha. But after reading what you wrote, I am so tempted to give it another try?

When I was reading @Jiyuu's post about FTLY, I was thinking about you. Please give it another chance. It will grow on you !

22 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

BM gets better and better hehe. And I want to complain again about Hyukie "Why are you soooo lazy @ajincome??" 

He just happened to have a normal long break like most other actors. Hahaha! I remembered many of his co stars mentioned he is the most hardworking actor they have ever met!!  I think he spoilt us. Anyway I think after the variety show, he should be taking up a drama. He did the same the past few years.. variety show then drama. I really hope so.

Anyway, happy Friday everyone! Here's a pic of our cutie "listening " intently to our "conversations".

IMG-20201009-090531-121.jpg

6 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

One question: did they tan/darken his skin here? His skin seemed way lighter (even a bit rosy pink) in FTLY and Midas.

Maybe. They did that for him in The merchant as well as the current movie "Swordsman" too.

Here's  a post where he mentioned it in an interview 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGDDKULJDlB/?igshid=1f235qy3boy2u

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

When I was reading @Jiyuu's post about FTLY, I was thinking about you. Please give it another chance. It will grow on you !

But I already tried it, 2x? 3x?  I just found it too cringy for my haha. Maybe another day when the stars are aligned ...

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3