32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So, now that all known promotions appearances from JH are done, what do we do now? I hope the filming of the Yacht show will start soon... I'm bored already... 

He must have heard u haha..

Btw promotions for The Swordsman are not done yet, we still have the Asian Conference in October.

120236021_1784869838355337_3697238845482

120245294_1784869868355334_5204718772332

120200124_1784869895021998_3190011646178

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

He must have heard u haha..

I will post bored messages more often... :D

Btw promotions for The Swordsman are not done yet, we still have the Asian Conference in October.

Oh, right! Great! I hope he will do something else with his hair, though, as, like @budgerie, I'm liking the straightened, middle parted hairdo less and less. Kinda makes him look like an elementary school student :)  All he needs to do it leave it messy, like it was in the live chat. That was great!

These are actually really good pictures... He has a good eye! 

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, corey said:

I tell you what - I have read on the add and subtract thread that they are planning Money Flower Re-watch event! I would be definitely on board with that, I want to discuss again whether Kang Pil Joo and Mal Ran "did it" or no! :D

Well, MF is not my favorite show, but I was planning on rewatching it just for JH's performance... So- I'm in! How do we do this? :approves:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, corey said:

I tell you what - I have read on the add and subtract thread that they are planning Money Flower Re-watch event! I would be definitely on board with that, I want to discuss again whether Kang Pil Joo and Mal Ran "did it" or no! :D

Sorry I don't get you. What do you mean? Yes, me too want to know if both did it on episode 8 (if I remember correctly).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Sorry I don't get you. What do you mean? Yes, me too want to know if both did it on episode 8 (if I remember correctly).

Haha, why do u all think they did it? I duno if it was only me, but I was quite certain they did not. :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, corey said:

@budgerie, Well, in the drama part of the forum you can see bumped up threads for old dramas with the title Re-Watch (there is Empress Ki going on right now and Faith). Some forum members re-watch the drama and re-cap the episodes in their order and then people discuss.

Since the PD and writer of Money Flower were not really explicit about this particular activity between KPJ and Mal Ran, I was asking about this in this thread, and then I remember someone else watched Money Flower and also asked this question ... So it is a fun topic for discussion because it is not clear... I am always curious what different takes people have, what is their understanding of the subtle acting and clues left for us in the drama.

Oh ok, water must have got into my brain. I thought MF will be re broadcasted again & this time with people discussing about the drama. I thought this would be so interesting.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, corey said:

@budgerie, Well, in the drama part of the forum you can see bumped up threads for old dramas with the title Re-Watch (there is Empress Ki going on right now and Faith). Some forum members re-watch the drama and re-cap the episodes in their order and then people discuss.

Since the PD and writer of Money Flower were not really explicit about this particular activity between KPJ and Mal Ran, I was asking about this in this thread, and then I remember someone else watched Money Flower and also asked this question ... So it is a fun topic for discussion because it is not clear... I am always curious what different takes people have, what is their understanding of the subtle acting and clues left for us in the drama.

I'm in the "they didn't do it" camp, mainly because of they way the acted, especially in the big reveal scene... Rewatching this show will make me again think about things that  could have been done better, and really frustrated me in my first watch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, right! Great! I hope he will do something else with his hair, though, as, like @budgerie, I'm liking the straightened, middle parted hairdo less and less. Kinda makes him look like an elementary school student :)  All he needs to do it leave it messy, like it was in the live chat. That was great!

I hope so too! With his long fringe, I can imagine how messy it might look in the strong winds at sea unless he uses my clips. :approves:

Otherwise, he can tie up his fringe up like the boxing clip below! I love it!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0p6T1HnF4h/?igshid=1d20hrjydc4qc

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, @Prettysup, I am of two minds, really. Why give us all these hints, if they did not do it? The shirtless scene, the hand grabbing scene just before the time gap, the romantic date, the looks Pil Joo gives Mal Ran. And on the other hand, I just cannot imagine a man with a shred of feelings getting into bed with his enemy. If they really did it, it would have been the end of me feeling sorry or swooning over Pil Joo (I cannot say I like him or admire him - I feel sorry and attracted to him). But sleeping with Mal Ran would have been soooo disgusting in my eyes.

I think the ambiguity that we get from the show is kinda a result of what we discussed earlier- inconsistency of writing, that comes from sudden change in the writers intentions as the show progresses and with viewers reactions.

My theory is that initially there wasn't supposed to be a sexual aspect to PJ's and MR's relationship. I think he was supposed to be to her just as he was called in the beginning- her loyal dog. I'm guessing that the sexual aspect started to be inserted into show due to the chemistry between the actors, that made every interaction between them filled with sexual tension, and the sensuality of JH's performance. The control and the way he moved made his performance very sensual. And also there is the issue of the actress herself and what she said about JH later :) 

I think the writers did mean to suggest that they slept together in the scene in which he closed her bedroom door, but I'm guessing that the negative reaction from the viewers to that suggestion, made the writers try to reel it back, and they reverted to the suggestion of MR being attracted to PJ, and PJ acting as if he also was, while despising her in reality.

This is my theory- I think it's just inconsistency in writing. It's not the only aspect in which the writing was inconsistent...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, @Prettysup, I am of two minds, really. Why give us all these hints, if they did not do it? The shirtless scene, the hand grabbing scene just before the time gap, the romantic date, the looks Pil Joo gives Mal Ran. And on the other hand, I just cannot imagine a man with a shred of feelings getting into bed with his enemy. If they really did it, it would have been the end of me feeling sorry or swooning over Pil Joo (I cannot say I like him or admire him - I feel sorry and attracted to him). But sleeping with Mal Ran would have been soooo disgusting in my eyes.

@Prettysup, I am curious, why does being JH fan afecct your judgement on this topic?

I’m the opposite, if he had slept with Mal Ran I would’ve felt sorrier for Piljoo. It would’ve meant that he was willing to go so low for his revenge because he was that much in pain. It would mean that he was truly lost. But I love Piljoo without a doubt even with and maybe because of his twistedness, so obviously I sided completely with him. 

And about the scene, they totally wanted to make us wonder if they did it or not. But then in the big reveal scene, she was so excited that it seemed like she was looking forward to their first time. She acted like she had never even been kissed before. 

P.S I don’t recall negative reactions from the korean audience regarding that “did they or did they not do it” scene. 

Also, the energy between Piljoo and Mal Ran is weird and almost incestuous from their first encounter when she picks him up from jail and brings him golden tofu. He was supposed to be her new “dog” and replaced the driver in every way even as a sexual partner or toy (at least in her twisted mind) And she lusted over Piljoo ever since he was a teenager, cause she acted “weird” with the younger actor too. So, I don’t see any inconsistency here.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Hey, BTW- speak about being bored, I just listened to a recent podcast reviewing Volcano High. It's very informative and very positive about JH. About the movie not so much... :) so you guys might like to listen to it, if you have the time-

http://podcastonfire.com/podcasts/wkc/whatskoreancinema50.mp3

They also reviewed Flu, and next they will also review Innocent thing. for all their reviews-

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL3BvZGNhc3RvbmZpcmUuY29tL2NhdGVnb3J5L3doYXRzLWtvcmVhbi1jaW5lbWEvZmVlZC8?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi9ob3J6ZLsAhUMKhoKHefwDqkQ4aUDegQIARAC&hl=en-IL

Edit: their review for Flu is also interesting. Essentially showing that people who watch only Korean cinema, generally don't know JH that much. But an amusing thing was how they thought JH was in his 20s when he did Flu, and were shocked to hear he was around 36 (he was actually 38, right?).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Is this JH in the picture? I dont think so right?

I was wondering too but the silhouette doesn't look like him. He could be the one snapping the photo maybe? Edit: But I just saw the cropped photo by @azureblue7, it does look like him now. :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

POLL alert!

hey ya chingus, we are in october! here's a fun poll for you to look back and click (top of page) your favourite 3 dramas of Jang Hyuk. what are your choices? share your thoughts on why those 3 dramas have a special place in your heart!

:eatscookie:

re: @partyon

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

As a non-JH fan, I would say they did it.

But as a JH fan, I would say they didnt. :tounge_xd:

Why? I'm curious...

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

With his long fringe, I can imagine how messy it might look in the strong winds at sea unless he uses my clips.

Please can you teach him to use clips the correct direction....:D

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

but I'm guessing that the negative reaction from the viewers to that suggestion, made the writers try to reel it back, and they reverted to the suggestion of MR being attracted to PJ, and PJ acting as if he also was, while despising her in reality.

This is my theory- I think it's just inconsistency in writing. It's not the only aspect in which the writing was inconsistent...

Frankly, it's kinda hard for me to accept it if PJ slept with MR. When he was a kid at his father's funeral, MR already is a mother. So what's the age gap between them?

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

But then in the big reveal scene, she was so excited that it seemed like she was looking forward to their first time. She acted like she had never even been kissed before.

I have a slight different opinion here. I seemed to think they've done it because of the way MR acted. Like she's had it the 1st time, she's looking forward for their 2nd time (hahaha) so she takes caution to dress up specially. And when PJ told her he knows her top to bottom, yiaks, that suggest something.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Frankly, it's kinda hard for me to accept it if PJ slept with MR. When he was a kid at his father's funeral, MR already is a mother. So what's the age gap between them?

I think PJ was around 13-14 when he met her, and she probably was in her late 20s-early 30s, so an age gap of 12-16 years? Essentially the same age difference between JH and LMS. 

About the possibility of a man and a woman with this age gap sleeping together- If I'm honest, and seeing how LMS looked at the time, it's not a stretch for me to accept a sexual relationship between them. Theoretically. This is why I wished JH and LMS would act in a romantic show together.

My bigger problem was the fact that she essentially killed his brother and mother. That would be the bigger objection for me :) 

I have a slight different opinion here. I seemed to think they've done it because of the way MR acted. Like she's had it the 1st time, she's looking forward for their 2nd time (hahaha) so she takes caution to dress up specially. And when PJ told her he knows her top to bottom, yiaks, that suggest something.

:) you might have a point there

at the gym today...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, corey said:

@Prettysup, I am curious, why does being JH fan afecct your judgement on this topic?

40 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Why? I'm curious...

Because I do not like my hero to be 'tainted' - or as u said, disgusting.

Anyway it is something we will not have an answer to, so no point pondering over it haha.

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

I was wondering too but the silhouette doesn't look like him. He could be the one snapping the photo maybe? Edit: But I just saw the cropped photo by @azureblue7, it does look like him now. :P

So it is him? Hmm....... i am not so sure

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So it is him? Hmm....... i am not so sure

Yes, it's him. If you take a look at my screencap of him in Christine's video of them on the yacht (Hyuk is the one in the middle) and his IG pic, he's wearing the same clothes.

Pics-Art-10-01-06-56-44.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes, it's him. If you take a look at my screencap of him in Christine's video of them on the yacht (Hyuk is the one in the middle) and his IG pic, he's wearing the same clothes.

:) Oh, good... He is in his ajumma clothing again... :joy: I wonder what do his pants have against his shoes that they never want to meet?! 

@azureblue7 what video?

• LOL 3