12 minutes ago, qynn said:

I think you're going to be disappointed, as the silly looking beard is a typical sageuk look and hanging around the court plotting is the typical sageuk plot. 

there are some posts that I've seen that make me think we will get some variety (in terms of location, not beard. The silly beard will probably be there...:confused:). 

I saw this post showing that the show has been already shot in several different locations across Korea, so hopefully, we will have more than some of out of the court scenes- 

Another thing that makes me hopeful are the rest of the pics that JH's friend posted, all outside. The one he shot with JH has them both wearing fancy clothes, but in the other pics, we see JH's friend in simpler ones, so I hope JH's character will not be hanging around the court too much.

I don't know why, but the description of his role makes me think it will be similar to the role of Do Dam Daek (played by Song Ok Sook, MY's mom from FTLY)- powerful but not from the ruling class. 

Still, @qynn, you are probably right, as you have seen much more Segueks than I have, and I can't imagine this show will be the outlier, so I can't get too excitet about this show...

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson I’m finally rewatching My Country (I know you didn’t like it) but, one thing I saw positive in that show is that it was dynamic, at least visually (unfortunately most action scenes didn’t feature JH). The fashion was nicer imo but that’s because we saw some Goryeo fashion as opposed to purely Joseon, which was much more simple and imo boring. I really hope the new drama shows more locations than the average sageuk too. The “look” featured on the picture his friend took is definitely not my favorite either (one reason I hated the Merchant among many more reasons, was JHs look in it) 

Is this character going to be in the military or is he a politician/intelectual? In terms of fashion, it would be better if he was in the military and wore armour rather the cloaks and bunny hats 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I’m finally rewatching My Country (I know you didn’t like it) but, one thing I saw positive in that show is that it was dynamic, at least visually (unfortunately most action scenes didn’t feature JH). The fashion was nicer imo but that’s because we saw some Goryeo fashion as opposed to purely Joseon, which was much more simple and imo boring. I really hope the new drama shows more locations than the average sageuk too. The “look” featured on the picture his friend took is definitely not my favorite either (one reason I hated the Merchant among many more reasons, was JHs look in it) 

Oh, I actually liked JH's part in the show, the rest I simply FF.:D  I thought JH's look in it was amazing, except for when he had to wear court clothes (that he's wearing in the recent pic) . I don't know why those had to be so shapeless... A big reason why JH looked so good in MC, was the fact that most of the time, it simply was his natural hair. That's also why I'm dissappointed by the show currently being shot, as JH didn't get to grow out his real hair, so we will see lots of wigs and hats. ugh...

But looking at the picture again, I'm a bit hopeful that he won't have the silly looking fake beard at least, as I don't think he would have put his mask on his chin, had he been wearing a fake beard. So I guess that is something, at least... 

26 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Is this character going to be in the military or is he a politician/intelectual? In terms of fashion, it would be better if he was in the military and wore armour rather the cloaks and bunny hats 

It's not clear what his character is. As usualy the show's description is too criptic...

• Like 2

Goryeo fashion really is way cooler! Joseon is comparatively so homogenous and shapeless, especially the hanbok. My Country is heading toward the later Joseon silhouettes, but way more interesting and flattering to the figure, and it had much nicer costumes than most dramas. The fabric was really sumptuous, the clothes were properly fitted, and characters all wore a variety of different outfits and got dishevelled sometimes like real human beings. Not always being buttoned all the way up, their hair coming down, them looking natural in what they're wearing; that's so important for the characters and the period to be tangible. It made it feel so much more lived in and authentic than those shows where it's like the characters sleep in their perfectly starched uniforms with their horsehair headbands glued on and seem constantly conscious of being in a costume.

I was also low key dreading the new show would end up one of those 'constant headband and/or hat' affairs, which was pretty much guaranteed when he cut his hair so short, and it looks like it's going that way. :unamused:

I got sort of bizarrely furious about this with Tree With Deep Roots and Sungkyunkwan Scandal, because their topknots never move and the headbands never come off. Once I noticed it, it bothered me more and more lmao, particularly in Scandal since it's a romcom and it just became so sexless and stiff. I wanted to reach through the screen and ruffle everyone. I have a lot of problems with My Country as it turned out, but visually it was absolutely spectacular.  It looks like a feature film not tv.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

17 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson but waiiittt, Im more confused now lol! I guess their relationship status is “It’s complicated” :P

I'm still confused, in spite of the subs. Does this means that the sex just payed for the interest of her debt? And that she wanted more than just sex? But that goes against the first scene in which she was cuddling him... Or did I miss understood? Does him asking "can you bear me?" means that they haven't had sex?! 

It's so annoying that these two had only three scenes together, so that whatever there is between them couldn't have been more developed

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this means he's only taking interest to keep her in debt on purpose to avoid admitting they're actually in a relationship (which she wants them to be) or if he's undercharging her and covering the principal himself.

My guess for the line after the kiss is he's asking, 'do you think you could handle being with me if there were no pretence of business?'

But it makes total sense she has feelings for him. That seemed clear from her body language whatever else was going on.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

here's the kiss scene, with subs, translated by the poster using google somehow- 

I don't get it. I remember he mentioned something in his interview about her character as someone to bring some kind of humanity, compassion to him, something like this, I really need subs.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

I don't get it. I remember he mentioned something in his interview about her character as someone to bring some kind of humanity, compassion to him, something like this, I really need subs.

Oh, you are right! He did say that! How in those two scenes do we get his human side?! Waiting for the subs...

• Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, Biology Lesson said:

I wish JH did a show that was focused on Bang Won from the get go, and didn't have to slip in Bang won's story and his amazing performance in between the lamer main story of MC. JH's performance was wasted on MC, for sure!

Did you guys see there is actually a Bang Won drama out now..sigh

• Like 3

In the mean time, while we're waiting for anything new, JNR did an interview recently and someone mentioned she chose JH in one of her questions. Scanned the intereview and found the part in which JH is mentioned, only as usual, I have no idea what is being said, except for it probably being about a "romantic drama" and the other option she had to choose from is a rapper yang dong geun with whom JNR did a show once... Anyone can shed light on this?

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

In the mean time, while we're waiting for anything new, JNR did an interview recently and someone mentioned she chose JH in one of her questions. Scanned the intereview and found the part in which JH is mentioned, only as usual, I have no idea what is being said, except for it probably being about a "romantic drama" and the other option she had to choose from is a rapper yang dong geun with whom JNR did a show once... Anyone can shed light on this?

Mmm.. I thought I heard Jang Ki-yong instead of Jang Hyuk in the question asked.:hushed:

• Like 1