I'm 174 m, so it's not that high,

Oh you're tall! I've always wanted to be tall but my parents aren't tall. I'm 1.6m. :bawling:

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Movies release date adjustments in SK announced today :

Mulan (Disney) : Sept 10 -> Sept 17 

The Swordsman (Jang Hyuk): Sept 17 -> Sept 23 

Ok at least Mulan & Swordman isn't together same date.

I had two failed attempts of growing Rapunzel hair.

When I was in school, I always admire those indian girls have long black hair & they plait it very nicely. And they always come to school with neat hair.

Thanks for highlighting

:piggydance:

differences between so many 'Condors'. I hope it doesn't have very bad CG.

Hahaha yes, so many condors. The ones I watched in 1983, be it Legend or Return, hardly has any CG. In that era, which is also why I like, fighting is fighting with sword or some weapon. Nowadays fighting is CG. But the 2008 version of the Legend is still ok. Some CG. I heard the latest version which is 2018 or 2019 has lots CG + after fighting, the actress still look as pretty as ever. :triumph:

The author of this story, his name is Jin Yong, he writes many stories & I wished JH would act in 1 of them. For example : Heavenly Sword & Dragon Sabre is another of my fav. The drama that JH said he wanted to do together with JNR was also written by this man. Title : Invincible East.

Last year he suddenly decided to skip rope (without warming up) and ended up with sprained knees.:sweat_smile:

Oh dear! Hope it isn't serious. I have locked kneecap from time to time so my doc advised to just brisk walk & don't jog or run. Haiz...it goes with age. :bawling:

I think c-dramas do flying scenes a lot better, at least better than TWDR. Ddolbok didn't "fly" so smoothly. Lol

As I said before, 1 of my fav c drama is TJOF, which has lots of flying which I wished JH would do a role like this. Lots of flying. The actress (Zhao Li Ying) in 1 of her interviews said, it's tough. Once you wear the "hanging thing", you literally wear it the whole day because it's troublesome to take off & put back. So you just wear it for the day & as & when you're needed to be hung up, they just hook the thing & you together. Sometimes they're hung in the air for a long time & have to control urine for a long time because she's in the air.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh you're tall! I've always wanted to be tall but my parents aren't tall. I'm 1.6m. :bawling:

The author of this story, his name is Jin Yong, he writes many stories & I wished JH would act in 1 of them. For example : Heavenly Sword & Dragon Sabre is another of my fav. The drama that JH said he wanted to do together with JNR was also written by this man. Title : Invincible East.

Oh dear! Hope it isn't serious. I have locked kneecap from time to time so my doc advised to just brisk walk & don't jog or run. Haiz...it goes with age. :bawling:

As I said before, 1 of my fav c drama is TJOF, which has lots of flying which I wished JH would do a role like this. 

Welcome to the petite group hehe I'm 1.6 m too. I kept wishing to grow another 5 cm but my wish was never granted. :bawling:

If he does Invincible East, our hyukie will be a castrated master! :scream:

Brisk walking is a good form of exercise. Keep it up. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I found it messy in the stills too. But when you watch him in action, in the trailer, he carries those messy locks pretty well! I thought he looks the role, rugged, sexy and deadly....I think only he can do that!

I mean... look at his eyes.

faint for the third time...:heart2beat:

Pics-Art-08-26-10-17-17.jpg

I can understand your fainting spell... JH with a messy hair, rugged look plus that look, that look is just... let me join you... :heart2beat:

I've also been watching the trailer so many times, and suddenly a thought came to me.. he'll be perfect as Hwi in My Country, but his role as BangWon is also perfect.  In fact any role he takes will be perfect... ah I don't care, as long as he's the lead in any movies or dramas to satisfy my craving, as long as I can see him, to my eyes he's perfect.... :highonflowers:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Welcome to the petite group hehe I'm 1.6 m too. I kept wishing to grow another 5 cm but my wish was never granted. :bawling:

I grew not upwards but sideways...!!!

If he does Invincible East, our hyukie will be a castrated master!

:scream:

The c drama changed the plot. The invincible one is the lady instead of the man. So the man need'nt need to be castrated. LOL...

But I tried to visualise JNR in this invincible role. I don't see her up to it (sorry I don't mean to offend anyone who's her fan). I just don't see she can take up an invincible role.

Brisk walking is a good form of exercise. Keep it up.

Thank you! I walk an average of 3-4km per day but my weight/size is still the same only the kneecap became more sore. :bawling:

• Like 3

Speaking of Mulan - I saw the Chinese version of it, with VIcki Zhao Wei- and I liked it a lot!

Oh yes, Vicki Zhao Wei is any time a better actress than Liu Yi Fei. Vicki rose to stardom in My fair Princess (1998) which was a big hit at that time.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I can understand your fainting spell... JH with a messy hair, rugged look plus that look, that look is just... let me join you... :heart2beat:

I've also been watching the trailer so many times, and suddenly a thought came to me.. he'll be perfect as Hwi in My Country, but his role as BangWon is also perfect.  In fact any role he takes will be perfect... ah I don't care, as long as he's the lead in any movies or dramas to satisfy my craving, as long as I can see him, to my eyes he's perfect.... 

Haha I like his rugged look too. Actually I don’t like him too clean or white eg Money Flower or FTLY which so many of u like. Wish we can have more stills of Tae-yul 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

56 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I've also been watching the trailer so many times, and suddenly a thought came to me.. he'll be perfect as Hwi in My Country, but his role as BangWon is also perfect.  In fact any role he takes will be perfect... ah I don't care, as long as he's the lead in any movies or dramas to satisfy my craving, as long as I can see him, to my eyes he's perfect.... :highonflowers:

Hwi copied Taeyul's hairstyle lol. And I have to say I super duper agree with you! As long as he's the ML, just go back to work soon, plssss.. 

50 minutes ago, corey said:

I am doing yoga - been practising for several years now. I am sure JH does some sort of stretching exeercise in addtion to his boxing, too - I still cannot get over the fact that he can do full Upavistha Konasana even without warming and pre-stretching - like he did in the dormitory duirng The Real Man. I can do it, but not immediately, I have to warm up and stretch first. And you need to practise every day, otherwise muscles and joints very quickly go back to their lazy state.

Edit: @budgerie - it is a common myth that exercise results in weight loss...It never does for me. It only maks me more hungry. However, it indirectly helps reduce weight - it is as follows: you burn calories in muscles - exercise develops muscle - you baseline metobolism goes up., which helps burning calories. However, if you do not pair exercise with changing eating pattern, it may even result in gaining weight... bacause if you increase you muscle mass, you need fuel to feed it... so you feel hungry...

So blesses are those you are graced by fast metabolism and are not prone to gaining weight....

It scares me everytime I see him doing the thumb push-up. :sleepy: 

If I may, let me share a bit on weight maintenance. I think it is simple mathematics, for me. Of course, my parents are very slim, so my sis and I are generally very small sized. But still, we are what we eat, I think that's the rule of thumb. The input must not be more than the output. As long as we don't over eat, keep to 3 meals a day with small amount of healthy snacks if u feel hungry between meals, and do regular exercise, I think we can maintain a healthy weight even as our metabolism slows down as we get older. Many of my friends are forever trying to lose weight but they are always over eating, after that they go on diet. The cycle goes on and on. So I think, it has to be habitual, embedded in our lifestyles : eat healthy and exercise regularly. Actually, I don't know how JH can maintain his weight by eating so much. I suspect he doesn't eat that much on normal days when he's not recording for any show. He did put on quite a bit of weight during MF and DB. Maybe it's easy for him to lose the weight since he's so disciplined. 

56 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

50 minutes ago, corey said:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, corey said:

Is this My fair Princess any good? I will try to find a version with Eng sub. I also saw VZW in "Painted Skin" - that was also very enjoyable.

@corey

Spoiler

(Sorry cos is off topic so I put spoiler). My Fair Princess was good in that year 1998 but now you may find it old fashioned. The other actress with Vicki Zhao Wei is Ruby Lin. They have 2 other adaptation in 2003 & 2011 but I liked the original 1998 version.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I think nobody as petite as me. Lol. 160 still tall for me coz I'm 145 or mb 144. This is me if we're in the photobooth.

Ahh finally found someone shorter than me hehe.. I am 158. Weight has never been a problem for me, I just need to lose fats at the right places, not the weight.

Anyway here is the news of the SK movies rescheduling. The Swordsman is mentioned too.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421989wpp/space-sweepers-and-other-films-postpone-premieres-due-to-covid-19

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Ahh finally found someone shorter than me hehe.. I am 158. Weight has never been a problem for me, I just need to lose fats at the right places, not the weight.

Anyway here is the news of the SK movies rescheduling. The Swordsman is mentioned too.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421989wpp/space-sweepers-and-other-films-postpone-premieres-due-to-covid-19

Aha! I'm the same height as you! Same case as you too.. 

So I guess it's good news that Swordsman doesn't meet Mulan? I read someone posted that it will premiere in Korea first and much later in other countries like Indonesia..  I wonder how true it is.. 

I have been watching the preview on CGV over and over again too. I like his voice there, it's  like Piljoo or Bangwon..very calm.

Let me go watch again before I sleep..:eats2:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Aha! I'm the same height as you! Same case as you too.. 

So I guess it's good news that Swordsman doesn't meet Mulan? I read someone posted that it will premiere in Korea first and much later in other countries like Indonesia..  I wonder how true it is.. 

I have been watching the preview on CGV over and over again too. I like his voice there, it's  like Piljoo or Bangwon..very calm.

Let me go watch again before I sleep..

Well if the reception in Korea is good then they will surely release it in other countries too. Anyway we have waited 3 years for it, what’s one more week? 

• Like 4

Just now, Prettysup said:

Well if the reception in Korea is good then they will surely release it in other countries too. Anyway we have waited 3 years for it, what’s one more week? 

U r right! Let's just hope it does well. One more week is just abt rewatching some old stuff w/o subs lol. 

Screenshot-20200827-222046-com-google-an

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

33 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

After watching, I'm  back to comment.  In his shows, Daegil had a scar in his face, Bang Won had a scar too and now Taeyul. Hope the scar brings him good luck!

But if that comes true, does it mean he gonna have scars for all his future roles ? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@AgnesO Lol! I thought the same when he said “That child is my country” I was like “Hello Hwi” :D

You guy have covered so many topics! I can’t keep up!

@corey I hear you on the weight struggles. Im now working out with a trainer (via zoom) three times a week, 40 mins. I know its not a lot but, I used to do none so its an improvement. Im trying to go back to Yoga twice a week (so that’ll be 5 times a week) Anyway Ive been doing this steadily for a year and I have not lost one pound. But on the positive side, I did get “some” more energy and definitely my health overall improved. My health last year was terrible. I ended up in the hospital at some point. Anyway long story but the bottomline is I think the exercise, even though mild compared to others, helped a lot. Now, the eating part, Ive tried everything Atkins, Keto, Vegan (guilt about the poor animals also playing a part here) now Im vegetarian and counting macros but, the struggle continues. I can’t say Ive succeeded but, at least I am healthier now.  

• Like 8

8 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Let me go watch again before I sleep..:eats2:

And you're eating pop corn before you sleep! Unhealthy! Hahaha! I thought it sounded more like BW.

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Im vegetarian and counting macros but, the struggle continues. I can’t say Ive succeeded but, at least I am healthier now.  

May I ask what's for your protein? I'm thinking of trying vegetarian but I can't...I love chicken :grimace:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, budgerie said:

And you're eating pop corn before you sleep! Unhealthy! Hahaha! I thought it sounded more like BW.

May I ask what's for your protein? I'm thinking of trying vegetarian but I can't...I love chicken :grimace:

Yeah, I really want to go vegan too though I love meat, but isn't it inconvenient if u r the only one in the family to go vegan. But eating vegetarian food doesn't mean one can definitely lose weight lol. :fatso:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

34 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Yeah, I really want to go vegan too though I love meat, but isn't it inconvenient if u r the only one in the family to go vegan. But eating vegetarian food doesn't mean one can definitely lose weight lol. :fatso:

Exactly, actually what Im doing is trying to eat a lot more veggies above other foods but one “mistake” a vegan person can do is eat a lot of rice, pasta etc and this way, instead of losing weight one gains weight. Im doing this more for health reasons and because I feel bad for animals who are raised in bad conditions etc. But I struggle with temptations all the time. 

@budgerie

Well, since Im a vegetarian or like Fiesty said, an “opportunist”, not vegan, I still eat eggs (I wish I could quit but its hard) very ocasional dairy (greek yogurt) and quinoa, chickpeas, tofu, tempeh as sources of protein. I even eat fish. So I guess Im an ovo-lacto-pescatarian = oportunist :lol: But yeah, kudos to strict Vegans. I don’t know how they do it. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

If you love chicken then don't leave it. You can just reduce your intake like once in a week or twice in a month and can also give special treat to yourself on your birthday and festivals.:yum:

Getting protein fron vegetarian diet is not difficult even if you don't consume dairy. But there are other nutrients like vitamin B12, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, iron etc which vegans should worry about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1