33 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't care for Disney movies too much. I only liked Beauty & the Beast, Enchanted(mainly because I like Amy Adams) and recently Tangled. I think Frozen is overrated !

Are Disney movies popular in Korea? 

I've read story of Mulan and liked it but Liu Yiffei is too wooden.

JH and his daughter love Frozen. :lol:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

At any rate, Mulan being Disney will probably draw the parents and children crowd that are not the target audience for The Swordsman, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't start to seriously promote the movie. They need to start appearing on various entertainment and variety shows. I noticed that the reaction from Indonesian media looks to be more enthusiastic than the Korean one. They need to start seriously pushing the movie in Korea!

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

wooden in her acting. At least she could show some expression when fighting..

In "return of the condor hero" her role was supposed to be icy cold, expressionless & nonchalant. This drama was deemed a success although I've seen better adaptation by HK artistes. Subsequently all her other roles also became like this, not the role but her :blink:

9 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

JH and his daughter love Frozen. :lol:

So we have to like Frozen too? Hahaha! :tounge_wink:But when I was a kid, I like Rapunzel. I wanted a hair like Rapunzel. But I don't have a castle for the him to climb up....!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

At any rate, Mulan being Disney will probably draw the parents and children crowd that are not the target audience for The Swordsman ,but that doesn't mean that the shouldn't start to seriously promote the movie. They need to start appearing on various entertainment shows and variety shows. I noticed the the reaction from Indonesian media looks to be more enthusiastic than the Korean one. They need to start seriously pushing the movie in Korea!

I agree. Saw Joe Taslim posting the trailer on his IG and it really got a lot of attention. I'm also surprised many comments about JH too. Seems like Hyuk is rather popular in Indonesia too.:love:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, budgerie said:

In "return of the condor hero" her role was supposed to be icy cold, expressionless & nonchalant. This drama was deemed a success although I've seen better adaptation by HK artistes. Subsequently all her other roles also became like this, not the role but her :blink:

So we have to look Frozen too? Hahaha! :tounge_wink:

I haven't liked LYF in any role yet. Her condor role (which is supposed to be stiff) is best suited for her I think, yet like you said, there are other actresses who did better in the XLN role. And I didn't like HXM's portrayal of YG too. 

No, I didn't mean that. :P But I like Disney animated films and have watched quite a lot of them, Frozen is not my fav though. Lol. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

I haven't liked LYF in any role yet. Her condor role (which is supposed to be stiff) is best suited for her I think, yet like you said, there are other actresses who did better in the XLN role. And I didn't like HXM's portrayal of YG too. 

The one I liked best is the 1983 HK series, ML Andy Lau, FL Idy Chan.

5 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

No, I didn't mean that. :P But I like Disney animated films and have watched quite a lot of them, Frozen is not my fav though. Lol. 

Hey, I was only pulling your leg. Isn't it that we like oppa so we have to also like the things that oppa like? We should start drinking latte soon. Hahaha!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Yeah went google and saw this news on Indonesia site, google translated :

10 Facts about the Korean Movie The Swordsman, there are Joe Taslim and Jang Hyuk!

Good news comes from the South Korean film industry because the film The Swordsman is rumored to be showing soon. Yups, The Swordsman film is ready to be released on 17 September.

What's interesting is that this film stars an Indonesian actor who is none other than Joe Taslim. So, before watching The Swordsman, let's look at the facts about the film.

1. The film The Swordsman is an action - historical genre. It will definitely make you excited!

2. The plot of this film tells the story of three of the best warriors who accidentally met their own reasons. What is it about?

3. They are Jang Hyuk and Jung Man-sik who come from Joseon. Another one is Joe Taslim from the Qing dynasty.

4. Yups, Joe Taslim is known as the only Indonesian artist who co-starred in the film The Swordsman. Proud!

5. The film The Swordsman is known to have finished shooting in September 2017. However, unfortunately this project's release was delayed.

6. Other cast members besides the three warriors include Choi Jin-ho, Kim Hyun-soo, Jang Hyun-sung, and Min Hyuk

7. It is said that Jang Hyuk plays Tae Yool, a father who has lost an eye. He must fight to save his kidnapped daughter

8. The three warriors will be united by the chaos brought by the Ming-Qing transition. What's the problem?

9. Through Joe Taslim's upload on Instagram, the filming of The Swordsman took three months

10. Even though the movie The Swordsman is not airing in Indonesia, Joe Taslim is still excited and proud of it!

opuspictures-20200826-141409-4-7101e0ac6

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/erfah-nanda-2/10-fakta-film-korea-the-swordsman-ada-joe-taslim-dan-jang-hyuk-lho/9

• Thanks 8

Seriously, the Indonesian media is putting out more items on The Swordsman than I'm seeing from the Korean media. Here there should be a vid of Joe Taslim talking about his experience shooting with JH. Can anyone see it? It doesn't work for me...

https://20.detik.com/e-flash/20200827-200827037/pengalaman-seru-joe-taslim-syuting-bareng-jang-hyuk?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=oa&utm_content=20detik&utm_campaign=cmssocmed

• Like 6

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

In "return of the condor hero"

So we have to like Frozen too? Hahaha! :tounge_wink:But when I was a kid, I like Rapunzel. I wanted a hair like Rapunzel. But I don't have a castle for the him to climb up....!!!!

Is this same "Condor" drama that you were talking about earlier?

JH's daughter will like Tangled more after growing up.:fiercebunny:

I actually tried growing my hair like Rapunzel when I was in school but it didn't work.:sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

43 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I went to watch Mulan trailer on CGV after @Prettysupmentioned about it. Frankly speaking, it didn't look impressive..  Liu Yi fei looks a little too frail executing those moves and yes, wooden in her acting. At least she could show some expression when fighting.. sorry  Yi fei's fans. I'm spoiled by JH..:approves:

This cute nodding Dino reminds me of hyukie. Lol. 

15 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hey, I was only pulling your leg. Isn't it that we like oppa so we have to also like the things that oppa like? We should start drinking latte soon. Hahaha!

Yeshhhh :joy: He's good influence, I have taken to committing myself to daily 2 hours of exercise for a few years now, but of course I can't make it to his level of intensity, and I can't do rope skipping haha. Come, let's join hyukie to be fit! B)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

4 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

This cute nodding Dino reminds me of hyukie. Lol. 

He does, doesn't he? I'm watching the preview and at the same time I can't believe that that intense, scary guy is the same cute unicorn (or nodding dinosaur :) ) we saw in the Hometown flex of the Giant veteran... how can that be the same guy?! JH is magical!

4 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Yeshhhh :joy: He's good influence, I have taken to committing myself to daily 2 hours of exercise for a few years now, but of course I can't make it to his level of intensity, and I can't do rope skipping haha. Come, let's join hyukie to be fit! B)

You too?! Inspired by him, not only did I start taking boxing lessons, but for the first time in my long life I've started waking up at 5:00 in the morning every day and go for a walk with my friends! and I've never been an early riser! Even for school I used to wake up 15 minute before needing to leave the house. So for me- it's a miracle! All because of JH...

But, like you- skipping rope is not my forte... 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

JH's daughter will like Tangled more after growing up.:fiercebunny:

I actually tried growing my hair like Rapanzel when I was in school but it didn't work.:sweat_smile:

when I reading this I can't help feeling old. lol. Tangled come out on 2010 and you're in school? wow. 

I hate Frozen with all my passion. lol. can't stand it. people found Olaf funny I found him rather annoying. hahaha. 

I recall I watch Condor once. but i don't know which version. Maybe late 90 or early 2000 coz I remember i still in school. 

Also kinda OT, what with k-drama trend nowadays with older female lead and younger male lead. It make me think female star in their 40 got it easy compare to male star. The new casting news is about Son Ye Jin with Kang Haneul, Alice will be premiere with Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun. Kim Hae Ae still got offer left and right. also all drama always center about 30 or 40 woman struggle and life stories. Nothing about 40 something man. I'm salty because less good script for our Hyukie. who said man got it easy than woman? lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

47 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

The one I told you about, is Legend of the Condor Hero. The ML was the actor in NIF. It's the 2008 series. Return of the Condor Hero is the series after Legend. It's the next generation story, as in the ML FL children. I don't recommend you Return because it's not as interesting as Legend. If you like the actor in NIF, try his Legend of the Condor Hero. His popularity rocketed after this drama.

Me old lady cannot skipping rope now...I shall just brisk walk. Hahaha! :P

I recall I watch Condor once. but i don't know which version. Maybe late 90 or early 2000 coz I remember i still in school. 

There are many adaptations but I like best is the 1983 HK version Legend of the Condor Hero & the 2008 mainland version. As for Return of the Condor Hero, I like the 1983 HK version best.

During this time, HK entertainment industry was booming so there were many shows that were good came from HK artistes.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

You too?! Inspired by him, not only did I start taking boxing lessons, but for the first time in my long life I've started waking up at 5:00 in the morning every day and go for a walk with my friends! and I've never been an early riser! Even for school I used to wake up 15 minute before needing to leave the house. So for me- it's a miracle! All because of JH...

Yes, he is my inspiration! :heart: Why is rope skipping so hard yet it looks so easy when he does it? I've tried so many times, watched so many vid but as small sized as I am, I still jump like an elephant, as if I weigh 70 kg. :bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

39 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Yes, he is my inspiration! :heart: Why is rope skipping so hard yet it looks so easy when he does it? I've tried so many times, watched so many vid but as small sized as I am, I still jump like an elephant, as if I weigh 70 kg. :bawling:

I know exactly what you mean!! :( I remember I looked at my boxing trainer, and he was moving so lightly, like he weighed nothing, and I whined to him "How is it that you move like that, and I move like I have two tree trunks instead of legs?!" and He told me- "you need to jump rope. A lot!"... So, obviously, he was no help... <_<

hmmm... also, I actually weigh more than 70 kg... :blink: I'm 174 m, so it's not that high, but when I hear that JH weighs less than I do, that a bit shocking... :joy:

• Like 5

Jang Hyuk's "The Swordsman" postponed...September 17th to 23rd

The release of the film "The Swordsman" starring Jang Hyuk will be postponed for a week.

The movie "The Swordsman," which is scheduled to be released on September 17, has postponed its release date to 23rd, a week later. The movie was originally scheduled to be released on Sept 17, but after watching the trend due to the spread of Corona 19, the movie finally decided to postpone the release for a week, as announced on 27 Aug.

On the same day, when the daily confirmed number of people first surpassed 400, a number of films set to be released in September, including the films "New Mutant," "Mulan" and "Destructive Surgeons," postponed their releases.

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action that begins when Taeyul, the best swordsman in Joseon Dynasty, raises his sword again to find his daughter, set after the abolition of Gwanghaegun. It is eye-catching with action scenes starring Jang Hyuk.

The trailer begins with a scene in which Taeyul (Jang Hyuk), Joseon's best swordsman, who lived with his back to the world, reappeared. Gurutai (Jo Taslim), a member of the Qing Dynasty's royal family, and his group of swordsmen will kidnap Tae-ok (Kim Hyun-soo), the daughter of Tae-yul, and he will raise the sword again to save his daughter.

Jang Hyuk will perform difficult actions and perform realistic sword actions that has never been seen before. Joe Taslim, who starred in Hollywood blockbusters such as "The Fast and the Furious: The Maxim" and "Star Trek Beyond," and Jeong Man-sik, Jang Hyun-sung, Kim Hyun-soo, Lee Na-kyung and Lee Min-hyuk are also in the cast.

376443_474701_5223.jpg

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=376443

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

Movies release date adjustments in SK announced today :

The New Mutants (Marvel): Sept 3 -> Sept 10 

Mulan (Disney) : Sept 10 -> Sept 17 

The Swordsman (Jang Hyuk): Sept 17 -> Sept 23 

Space Sweepers (Song Joong-ki) : Sept 23 -> TBA 

Pawn (Ha Ji-won): Sept -> TBA 

Devil Plasticizer (Animation) : Sept 2 -> TBA

Well, at least The Swordsman has a date instead of TBA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, yoeda said:

Tangled come out on 2010 and you're in school? wow. 

I hate Frozen with all my passion.

drama trend nowadays with older female lead and younger male lead. It make me think female star in their 40 got it easy compare to male star. 

I loved Rapunzel since I was in elementary school, Tangled came much later. I was in school in 2010 too but by then I had two failed attempts of growing Rapunzel hair. :headbang:

I don't hate Frozen but I think there are much better Disney movies.

Probably because most of audience of K- dramas consist of 40 something ajjumas. 

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

The one I told you about, is Legend of the Condor Hero. The ML was the actor in NIF. It's the 2008 series. Return of the Condor Hero is the series after Legend. It's the next generation story, as in the ML FL children. I don't recommend you Return because it's not as interesting as Legend. If you like the actor in NIF, try his Legend of the Condor Hero. His popularity rocketed after this drama.

Me old lady cannot skipping rope now...I shall just brisk walk. Hahaha! :P

Thanks for highlighting :piggydance:

differences between so many 'Condors'. I hope it doesn't have very bad CG.

My dad ran marathons in his youth but he gave up every form of exercise later. Last year he suddenly decided to skip rope (without warming up) and ended up with sprained knees.:sweat_smile:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I know exactly what you mean!! :( I remember I looked at my boxing trainer, and he was moving so lightly, like he weighed nothing, and I whined to him "How is it that you move like that, and I move like I have two tree trunks instead of legs?!" and He told me- "you need to jump rope. A lot!"... So, obviously, he was no help... <_<

hmmm... also, I actually weigh more than 70 kg... :blink: I'm 174 m, so it's not that high, but when I hear that JH weighs less than I do, that a bit shocking... :joy:

Oh, thx! Then I shall try to jump more then maybe I'll be able to eventually make it. Lol

13 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I loved Rapunzel since I was in elementary school, Tangled came much later. I was in school in 2010 too but by then I had two failed attempts of growing Rapunzel hair. :headbang:

I don't hate Frozen but I think there are much better Disney movies.

Probably because most of audience of K- dramas consist of 40 something ajjumas. 

Thanks for highlighting :piggydance:

differences between so many 'Condors'. I hope it doesn't have very bad CG.

My dad ran marathons in his youth but he gave up every form of exercise later. Last year he suddenly decided to skip rope (without warming up) and ended up with sprained knees.:sweat_smile:

I think c-dramas do flying scenes a lot better, at least better than TWDR. Ddolbok didn't "fly" so smoothly. Lol

• Like 2