28 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

He seems to hv the tendency to keep his hair quite long, maybe easier to work around for his next project, either to just cut it or use long hair if it's sageuk? Anyway, he looks so cute with a pony tail bouncing in the gym. :P

Why is it taking so long to announce his next drama? I wonder if he even has a drama to work on considering now the 2nd wave of covic in SK. Haiz!

Knowing more languages is definitely a good thing, u hv to thank your parents for that hehe. :lol:

I've always wanted to learn music. I admire people who can do music. But my parents didn't believe in music. They were academic parents :(

I wanted to self learn some basic Korean, I wonder if that is do-able without going to proper classes. Lol. My sis has just started an online class to learn Spanish just for the purpose of watching Spanish drama w/o eng subs, and it requires 5 hours a day which is too intensive and time consuming for me lol. :joy: 

IDK about you but I find that self learning, you really need to have self discipline/motivation. It might work the 1st week but after that can tend to get lazy. Going to class is like you have no choice cos you already paid the fee so have to go + you get to interact with classmates to speak the language too. Just my opinion.

Btw, any viet fans here? I can never tell the difference between thai language & vietnam language. Are they even similar in any ways?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@yoeda Was Green Hornet even good? I believe the character was sort of a mute right? So maybe that’s not the reason :P

Also, isn’t it common for koreans to study abroad, specially in the USA? I had no problem finding people who understood english in Seoul. I’ve heard Japan is a lot more closed in that sense. 

Anyway, it is beneficial for everyone to learn many languages for so many reasons. It’s always a plus, imo and the more languages, the better. 

Anyway, congratulations to us for 1000 pages! Let’s Paaaarty!

I try to watch it but found it boring. Mind you I'm an action movie fan but just nahhh. Never finish it. lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

Knowing more languages is definitely a good thing, u hv to thank your parents for that hehe. :lol: I wanted to self learn some basic Korean, I wonder if that is do-able without going to proper classes. Lol. My sis has just started an online class to learn Spanish just for the purpose of watching Spanish drama w/o eng subs, and it requires 5 hours a day which is too intensive and time consuming for me lol. :joy: 

Haha I tried to self learn basic Korean too, but it is hard. All the circles and lines make my eyes go gaga...

48 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Why is it taking so long to announce his next drama? I wonder if he even has a drama to work on considering now the 2nd wave of covic in SK. Haiz!

Thot he is doing some noir movie?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

46 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I've always wanted to learn music. I admire people who can do music. But my parents didn't believe in music. They were academic parents :(

IDK about you but I find that self learning, you really need to have self discipline/motivation. It might work the 1st week but after that can tend to get lazy. Going to class is like you have no choice cos you already paid the fee so have to go + you get to interact with classmates to speak the language too. Just my opinion.

Btw, any viet fans here? I can never tell the difference between thai language & vietnam language. Are they even similar in any ways?

Viet here.  Viet use the normal English alphabet after the French colonization.  I don't think it sounds like Thai.  There's more similarities to Cantonese or even Mandarin because Vietnam also was colonize by Chinese.

Yea, self-learning is hard hence I said lets do it as in maybe some group games etc might be more motivation.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Viet here.  Viet use the normal English alphabet after the French colonization.  I don't think it sounds like Thai.  There's more similarities to Cantonese or even Mandarin because Vietnam also was colonize by Chinese.

@phoenix24

Spoiler

My SIL is a vietnamese from Vung Tau. But when I hear her speak, sometimes sounds like thai. :lol:And I love vietnamese spring roll.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I tried to self learn basic Korean too, but it is hard. All the circles and lines make my eyes go gaga...

Thot he is doing some noir movie?

Yeah, the characters look so cute to me, more like art work lol. 

But that wasn't confirmed, right? I've seen news that many filmings are on going in SK, maybe it's only JH playing it safe and in the mean time looking for whatever he's looking for lol. He should do a real action film something like The Berlin File or Cold Eyes since he's real good in action, before he gets too old for that. 

6 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I want drama...many many episodes drama. :lol:

Me too!! Many many episodes long drama. Lol. 

Are we all hanging out here today waiting for preview /photos? :lol:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, corey said:

I once heard a saying that 60% of English words are French words which are mispronounced. 

Especially confusing is " ㄹ " which can be pronounced as l or r

If someone learns a very phonetic script first(like me) then its likely that he/she will mispronounce/missspel 95% English words for a while.:sweatingbullets: 

Silent letters are another irritating aspect of English. 

Hangul was easy for me because it's similiar to Indian scripts. Still don't know how to pronounce " ㄹ " though.

6 hours ago, budgerie said:

I was kinda 'gifted' in the language department :lol: but I sucked big time in math/physic/chemistry. To answer your question, by virtue of birth, I'm chinese (hahaha). I could speak/understand (apart from english) malay & mandarin + 4 other dialect group. 

I always loved maths/science and didn't hate languages either. Maths is not too different from languages, you just need to have patience to observe patterns. I'm planning to learn a new language but unable to settle on one. My first option was Mandarin but...but...but script is intimidating.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Yeah, the characters look so cute to me, more like art work lol. 

But that wasn't confirmed, right? I've seen news that many filmings are on going in SK, maybe it's only JH playing it safe and in the mean time looking for whatever he's looking for lol. He should do a real action film something like The Berlin File or Cold Eyes since he's real good in action, before he gets too old for that. 

Me too!! Many many episodes long drama. Lol. 

Are we all hanging out here today waiting for preview /photos? :lol:

haha actually that's how korean alphabet was taught to me.  They say learn it or associate the character with a picture.  Then you'll learn it faster and it stays longer in your memory.  ㅂ=b looks like bed 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Finally, JH posted about The Swordsman coming out... 

Oh great! My new instagram account cannot see ajincome's post anymore ,sigh..

7 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

haha actually that's how korean alphabet was taught to me.  They say learn it or associate the character with a picture.  Then you'll learn it faster and it stays longer in your memory.  ㅂ=b looks like bed 

I got interested in the Korean alphabet after watching TWDR

• Like 4

9 hours ago, corey said:

Especially confusing is " ㄹ " which can be pronounced as l or r, depending on its position (beginning, middle or end of a word) , or even without any rule whatsoever.

When ㄹ is located at the beginning of a word, it sounds more like an R.

Example: 라디오 (ra-di-o), 레슨 (re-seun), 로맨틱 (ro-man-tik)

When ㄹ is located between two vowels, it sounds like an R.

Example: 다리 (da-ri), 사랑 (sa-rang), 어렵다 (eo-ryeob-dda), 모르다 (mo-reu-da), 노력 (no-ryeok), 매력 (mae-ryeok)

When ㄹ located at the end of a word, it's pronounced more like an L.

Example: 딸 (ddal), 아들 (a-deul), 월 (weol), 달 (dal), 칼 (khal), 연필 (yeon-pil), 교실 (gyo-sil)

When ㄹ is followed by a consonant or followed by another ㄹ, it sounds like L.

Example: 딸기 (ddal-gi), 힘들다 (him-deul-da), 몰라 (mol-la), 살자 (sal-ja), 고릴라 (go-ril-la)

When ㄹ comes after any consonant except ㄴ, ㄹ is pronounced as N.

Example: 생리 (saeng-ni), 국립 (gung-nip), 능력 (neung-nyeok)

When ㄹ comes before or after an ㄴ, both ㄴ and ㄹ are pronounced as L .

Example: 한류 (hal-lyu), 신라 (sil-la), 신랑 (sil-lang), 달나라 (dal-la-ra)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

When ㄹ is located at the beginning of a word, it sounds more like an R.

Example: 라디오 (ra-di-o), 레슨 (re-seun), 로맨틱 (ro-man-tik)

When ㄹ is located between two vowels, it sounds like an R.

Example: 다리 (da-ri), 사랑 (sa-rang), 어렵다 (eo-ryeob-dda), 모르다 (mo-reu-da), 노력 (no-ryeok), 매력 (mae-ryeok)

When ㄹ located at the end of a word, it's pronounced more like an L.

Example: 딸 (ddal), 아들 (a-deul), 월 (weol), 달 (dal), 칼 (khal), 연필 (yeon-pil), 교실 (gyo-sil)

When ㄹ is followed by a consonant or followed by another ㄹ, it sounds like L.

Example: 딸기 (ddal-gi), 힘들다 (him-deul-da), 몰라 (mol-la), 살자 (sal-ja), 고릴라 (go-ril-la)

When ㄹ comes after any consonant except ㄴ, ㄹ is pronounced as N.

Example: 생리 (saeng-ni), 국립 (gung-nip), 능력 (neung-nyeok)

When ㄹ comes before or after an ㄴ, both ㄹ and ㄴ are pronounced as ㄹ.

Example: 한류 (hal-lyu), 신라 (sil-la), 신랑 (sil-lang), 달나라 (dal-la-ra)

So complicated!! :sweat_smile: @phoenix24 Does that mean u don't need subs to watch Korean dramas? Wow! 

47 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ding77 Yes, he should also do some steamy romance, before we all get too old for that :lol:

And yes yes yes we are all anxiously waiting for the preview/photos! 

Errr.. How steamy would u like it to be? Lol. I can't really stomach his Empire of Lust sex scene. :sweat_smile: Maybe up to the intensity in Thorn haha. He's our cute bunny! :lol: Actually when I read that he looked like JWS, and JWS had a film that was released in the same year as Thorn, so I checked it out. Sorry, can't remember the name of the film. It was fine watching JWS in those bed scenes, but our hyukie doing those scenes? I don't know. Lol. :P

• LOL 5

@Ding77 But I said “steamy romance”, those were not romantic! I want him in a romance again with some sexiness in it. It doesn’t have to be explicit. Something romantic like FTLY with the sexual tension of Money Flower but don’t leave it at the mere suggestion, etc.Something like that. 

Ok guys, at what time is that preview going to show up? 

BTW I purchased a korean course called “Talk to me in korean”, but I haven’t advanced much. I have barely learned to write my name in hangeul. Work has been hectic so I haven’t been able to dedicate time to it. 

Anyway, lets learn some korean with Lee Gun 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/lesson-1-wait/

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/09/17/please-teach-me-korean-lesson-2-save-me/

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/please-teach-me-korean-lesson-3-i-love-you/

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

So complicated!! :sweat_smile: @phoenix24 Does that mean u don't need subs to watch Korean dramas? Wow! 

Lol, I need sub too much thinking.   Their sentence structure is also reverse sometimes from English.  This is why it also take them some time to comprehend when listening to English as well.  I kind of took a break from learning Korean.  All my Korean partners disappear after covid.

4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Haha I remember coming across this.  Hence I say need more topics with oppa to motivate.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Ding77 But I said “steamy romance”, those were not romantic! I want him in a romance again with some sexiness in it. It doesn’t have to be explicit. Something romantic like FTLY with the sexual tension of Money Flower but don’t leave it at the mere suggestion, etc.Something like that. 

Ok guys, at what time is that preview going to show up? 

BTW I purchased a korean course called “Talk to me in korean”, but I haven’t advanced much. I have barely learned to write my name in hangeul. Work has been hectic so I haven’t been able to dedicate time to it. 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/09/17/please-teach-me-korean-lesson-2-save-me/

OK, my bad for the misunderstanding. I like your idea here. Super like.:heart:

Keep us updated if the course is do-able. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I haven't seen that many K rom coms but- is it me or is FTLY one of the only shows that actually has sexual tension in it, especially in the second half of the show? Not to mention the sexual frustration. Again, I admit that I couldn't make it through most of the rom coms that I tried to watch, but I've never seen a character so blatantly lusting after the woman. I mean, the cold shower, the screaming to the therapist that the snail is sexy, LG hand reaching for MY in bed, going after her while she was sleeping... As wacky as it was, I don't think I've ever seen in a kdrama sexual attraction being treated in such a candid way... I kinda wish that MY would have shown a bit more of it, but I guess that's too much to ask...

So I join you in your wish for a steamy romance. JH has proven that he can bring in the lust, so why not a good, romantic, steamy show? The theme of forbidden love is always good for developing sexual tension- so maybe a cop and a suspect in a crime? "Sea of love" had a very steamy love story in which a cop falls for a suspect. Maybe falling in love with his best friend's wife or maybe his brother's wife- "while you were sleeping" comes into mind or American's sweetheart, in which Julia Roberts falls in love with her sisters husband...  

But this time I want a mature actress that can be sexy. JNR is a lot of things, but she is not sexy, and even in FTLY in the BTS you could see she had problems with the intimate scenes... The only sexy actress that comes to my mind is LMS and actually the actress from Tazza. I think she had potential that wasn't allowed to be realized in Tazza. also, PSY was sexy in BM, not so much in MF... Any other actress?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2