27 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But there is a difference between doing romance drama, and doing the EXACT SAME romance drama over and over again.

Seems like K drama likes to do those "rich man poor girl" type of romance. The guy is some CEO & fallen in love with a commoner. Thai drama likes to do those "revenge love" type of drama. Marry the girl only to torture her but fall deeply in love with her.

Didn't he sort of fly already in DRT?

Er...I was referring to what I saw in c drama as in the ML can fly from this destination to another place. LOL. So drama right? 

I agree what you said about JNR fitting to that story. Actually after reading the premise to it, I don't understand the attraction to it, except for JH obsession with martial arts...

The C drama adaptation changed the premise also. Instead of the ML becoming feminine, the story changed that the FL is the formidable one & fallen in love with the ML. If we talk about this premise, I find JNR not suitable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Seems like K drama likes to do those "rich man poor girl" type of romance. The guy is some CEO & fallen in love with a commoner. Thai drama likes to do those "revenge love" type of drama. Marry the girl only to torture her but fall deeply in love with her.

I've never seen Thai dramas. Sounds... not good :) 

Er...I was referring to what I saw in c drama as in the ML can fly from this destination to another place. LOL. So drama right? 

You mean actually fly? Like Superman?! :lol: 

The C drama adaptation changed the premise also. Instead of the ML becoming feminine, the story changed that the FL is the formidable one & fallen in love with the ML. If we talk about this premise, I find JNR not suitable.

Yeah, that story didn't sound very attractive to me... I admit I have seen her only in Hello, monster, besides FTLY, and I wasn't impressed with her in that show... In FTLY I loved her, but I never tried watching her in anything else

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I've never seen Thai dramas. Sounds... not good :) 

If you're watching it for the 1st time, you'll just be "oh, what a shitty man she married" but you soon realise every drama is the same plot. I can only guess thai audience like this type of genre. There's a lot of dragging, a lot of pushing, a lot of struggling, etc.

You mean actually fly? Like Superman?! :lol: 

C drama has many of these. Supernatural powers. :lol:

Yeah, that story didn't sound very attractive to me... I admit I have seen her only in Hello, monster, besides FTLY, and I wasn't impressed with her in that show... In FTLY I loved her, but I never tried watching her in anything else

I wasn't impressed with her in SSBG or VIP. The Last Empress so so only. Maybe because I'm not her fan so I'm neutral where she's concerned. But I didn't even finish any of her drama except for SSBG because it's with JH.

@coreyAre you watching FTLY Japanese version?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, corey said:

I was actually going to ask you about it. Because I semed to be unable not find it - however, it turns out that I was just lazy in finding it. A 30 second search and I found it. It is only 10 ep long and I searched using the Japanese title - Unmei Kara Hajimaru Koi. I am sitting down to watch it now. I will of course relate my impressions :)

The drama is only 10 episode? I read reviews about it that it didn't match the standard of the other adaptations but again, this is very subjective. Ya, let us know how you feel since it's such a short drama. I didn't watch because the ML is too young for my liking.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, corey said:

And then WTF - ending??? Yes, the drama is only 10 eps long and the ending is WTF. The only explanation could be that this is only season 1 and there will be a sequel.

Er...so what's the ending? How did it end?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

One thing I always notice in people that talk to JH- they always have this slight smile on their face, like they are thinking "oh, he's so cute..."

I think he has a disarming smile, very warm and genuine so people can't help smiling back and warm up to him.

At the gym today finally!

:happy2:

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he has a disarming smile, very warm and genuine so people can't help smiling back and warm up to him.

Exactly! I was just thinking- I know that between actors there is a lot of envy. JH doesn't seem to be part of that, he just does his job, and seem to be glad to support everyone around him. But I wonder about other actors- can they maintain their envy, as JH is also a brilliant actor, once they meet him?

I noticed TvN now realized the gold mine they have in JH's quirky self, and they seem to be pushing his little funny moments from the show- him forgetting Busan dialect and the hot late incident :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCSrPb3nO2_/ 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Exactly! I was just thinking- I know that between actors there is a lot of envy. JH doesn't seem to be part of that, he just does his job, and seem to be glad to support everyone around him. But I wonder about other actors- can they maintain their envy, as JH is also a brilliant actor, once they meet him?

I noticed TvN now realized the gold mine they have in JH's quirky self, and they seem to be pushing his little funny moments from the show- him forgetting Busan dialect and the hot late incident :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCSrPb3nO2_/ 

The caption wrote , JH's onion charm.  Maybe like an onion, many layers of his charm to uncover .

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

It's just like the dragon brothers show. They were so happy to push all his cute and funny moments because this side of him is so different from his on screen persona. I hope more people will get to see this adorable side of him through this variety show. 

• Like 5

Apparently, Woo Do-Hwan is enlisting today, and this IG was posted that is really nice, quoting him about the impact that JH had on him... but since I can't embed it, here's the caption:

"Hwan joined the Army's 15th Infantry Division's boot camp located in Hwacheon County, Gangwon Province. ( If I have not mistaken Hyuk went for military service in GangwonDo before )

An interview during the divine fury period
Hwan said, "When I was 19 years old, I started acting after watching 'Chuno' drama," adding, "I never acted and I didn't know what acting was, but I felt a lot as a viewer when I watched 'Chuno.' "I wanted to be an actor and be a person who can have a good influence on people," he said.
"Jang Hyuk has no choice but to be a role model," he said. "I memorized all the lines of 'Chuno.' I watched 'Chuno' on PMP every day on my way from Anyang to the academy in Nonhyeon-dong," he added.

Hwan said, "I really wanted to meet Jang Hyuk one day, but I met him on JTBC's 'My Country' that is being filmed this time," and added, "I told him what I had kept in my heart for nine years." I started acting because of you. I was so happy that sunbae said thank you," he said with a smile.

Repost from @/woodohwan2017

Hwan also mentioned that Chuno is his most memorable drama of his life in an interview before."

Woo Do-Hwan always seems to have words of praise for JH, and it's kinda interesting because in the BTS footage of MC, he seemed really calm and cool around JH. The actor that played Hwi seemed more awe-struck :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCTlgQ1JyCk/ 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Woo Do-Hwan always seems to have words of praise for JH, and it's kinda interesting because in the BTS footage of MC, he seemed really calm and cool around JH. The actor that played Hwi seemed more awe-struck :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCTlgQ1JyCk/ 

I can understand that though sometime you don't want to bother the person you like by being that crazy fan.  Maybe he wanted to be seen as professional actor more since JH is serious when he works.

• Like 4