4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hmm but I like my heroes to be the good guy.. Never mind, he can act whatever he wants, I will just wait for nice pictures hehe..

Hmm, i hope his character will not be totally evil, someone who is grey will be good... dark grey would be fine too...

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I only vote 2. I don't think others bad compared to what I voted. also I can't vote for those that I don't watch like WR lang, Tazza and Daemang.

Me too consider Iris 2 is good except for his hair and bad ending. To this day I still love their OST. Davichi really gave me feel.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Yeap i am going to the movie tomorrow.

I'm going to date Taeyul tomorrow too!  

I voted Tazza and Midas. It was hard to choose. So I chose the one where rhe plot is not so appealing to me.

Not forgetting that his portrayal of Bang won...the antagonist  in my Country..dark grey enough for you to root for him

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Hmm, i hope his character will not be totally evil, someone who is grey will be good... dark grey would be fine too...

I hope so too, what they call, an anti-hero

20 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I only vote 2. I don't think others bad compared to what I voted. also I can't vote for those that I don't watch like WR lang, Tazza and Daemang.

Me too consider Iris 2 is good except for his hair and bad ending. To this day I still love their OST. Davichi really gave me feel.

Yeah bad hair, but ending was ok. I dont mind my heroes dying in the last episode. Just dont die too soon.

I didnt watch the 3 oldest one so I couldnt vote for them either.

37 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Oh yes! 

Ahh... you need to remove images when you quote others ah, else the mods will come after you.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, yoeda said:

haha but I like his IRIS2 hair.  Agree their osts are very good.

Most villains in KR movies they like to smoke. wonder if JH will smoke in this movie. 

or since he quitted it already he may not 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, nyk said:

haha but I like his IRIS2 hair.  Agree their osts are very good.

Most villains in KR movies they like to smoke. wonder if JH will smoke in this movie. 

or since he quitted it already he may not 

I love iris2 ost too. Still listening now. Yeah, i wonder if he would just pretend to smoke or maybe just holding the ciggies but never had them lit, like in Robbers haha. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

I love iris2 ost too. Still listening now. Yeah, i wonder if he would just pretend to smoke or maybe just holding the ciggies but never had them lit, like in Robbers haha. :lol:

I think they don't want to show smoking in dramas but to make it realistic the actors just pretend they smoke by holding cigarettes haha. JH never gets to smoke in Thank you, Robber, Midas, Voice, WOL. lol  He's about to smoke but there was always something to interrupt him. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Hmm in that case maybe he is just a cruel person who 'antagonize' others, but is still the main character? 

Well, not sure about the translation but antagonist literally means the opposite of protagonist (?). It doesn’t necessarily mean who is a bad or good person (?) but some things may have been lost in translation here or maybe I’m confused (I’ll look it up, got curious now) However, it feels like he’ll be a “main guy” and he mentioned the word “complex” which is interesting. Maybe a “villain protagonist”. 

@budgerie Consider Iris 2 picked, I just didn’t click it by mistake :P 

I found this article, very interesting, especially for someone who enjoys writing 

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/writing-101-protagonist-vs-antagonist-characters#3-types-of-protagonists

Protagonists and antagonists are both essential characters in a story, but they propel the plot in different and usually opposite ways:

• The protagonist works toward the central story goals, while the antagonist works against the goals. 
  • The words “protagonist” and “antagonist” are antonyms. In storytelling terms, this means that protagonists and antagonists are opposing forces in a story.
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

24 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Well, not sure about the translation but antagonist literally means the opposite of protagonist (?). It doesn’t necessarily mean who is a bad or good person (?) but some things may have been lost in translation here or maybe I’m confused (I’ll look it up, got curious now) However, it feels like he’ll be a “main guy” and he mentioned the word “complex” which is interesting

Ok so I went to search what’s the meaning of antagonist 

1. a person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary.

2. An antagonist is a character in a story who is presented as the chief foe of the protagonist. 

So I think that if it’s definition 1 then he is the ‘main guy’, but if it’s definition 2, then he is not.

Anyway we will know as more info gets released later. Main or no main, it’s his choice. I’ll respect it. 

• Like 3

@Prettysup What we know is he will be a bad guy. But we don’t know How bad or if he’ll be the protagonist or antagonist. The antagonist is always the opposite of protagonist, there is no other definition. An antagonist can actually be a good guy (not the case here) 

I am hoping he will be a “villain protagonist” because I prefer it when he carries the story. And antagonist can be as important, interesting or even more interesting than a protagonist. He may steal the show (like Bangwon in My Country) but he doesn’t carry the plot (although at some point BW kinda did :P

But like you, I’ll support whatever he does. As usual I never get super excited at first with anything, until the project starts to shape up. But I’m happy he is back to work! 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

In both the noir movies that I've seen, the antagonist was on equal footing with the "protagonist". The thing is that in neither movie was the protagonist a good guy. In "Rough cut", the antagonist was essentially a co-star, but the problem was he didn't have any depth to him.  His motivations felt lacking.

For "The Outlaws" I didn't stick around too long, but from what I saw it was the same thing- the "antagonist", who was nasty and horribly violent, was as central to the plot as was the the cop, who was corrupt and also violent. 

Also, a character being the antagonist doesn't mean he can't be a lead- there are plenty of movies that center around the battle between the good guy and the bad guy, like"Cape fear" or "Training day". Also, there are movies that only center on the antagonist, like "scar face", "Good fellows" and "The godfather"...

Come to think about- JH just spoke about "The godfather" in this interview he did. Think there is a reason it was on JH's mind? :)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, nyk said:

I picked

1. WOL 

2. The Merchant Gaekju

3. IRIS2

4. Tree with Deep Root ( I already clicked vote but I forgot to select this)

but what bad for me are plots and his characters though. I have no problem with his acting. 

I might consider IRIS2 good if they have a good ending but since they made him die so...  

I guess all of us here have no problem with his acting. If we have, we wouldn't be in this thread. It's the plot that doesn't make sense or don't know what kind of storyline that is. I voted WOL as my 1st choice! Other choices of mine were TMWYS, Gaekju, Tazza & Robbers.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I'm going to date Taeyul tomorrow too!  

Not forgetting that his portrayal of Bang won...the antagonist  in my Country..dark grey enough for you to root for him

Today is the day for all the lucky ladies. Looking forward to some sharing from your date with TY, photos, selfies with posters, anything. Hehe. :P

BW was way too good. I could ship this type of antagonist anytime, especially if it is JH's taking the role. :happyshakes:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

24 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Finally a clip from the virtual press conference. Obviously this is not from the interview part, but just a promotion clip- 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGWuXB6FmOM/

I cannot open this link. You mean this one below right?

aww he greets Singapore fans. he looks very handsome despite hair covering his eyes.:wub:

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, nyk said:

I cannot open this link. You mean this one below right?

aww he greets Singapore fans. he looks very handsome despite hair covering his eyes.:wub:

Yes, I meant that clip. Thanks for posting! Don't know why it doesn't open here... 

Yeah, that hair covering his eyes... :) It always kills me how sometimes, no matter what happens, he barely touches his hair. It especially bothered me in clips from Real men, in which he would be sweaty or wet, and the hair would be all stuck to his forehead, and the most he did was move it slightly to the side... I don't know how he can bare that! :blink:

One of my favorite moments in Robbers is this moment at 1:34 when she pushes the hair out his eyes. I swear it drove me crazy! :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yes, I meant that clip. Thanks for posting! Don't know why it doesn't open here... 

Yeah, that hair covering his eyes... :) It always kills me how sometimes, no matter what happens, he barely touches his hair. It especially bothered me in clips from Real men, in which he would be sweaty or wet, and the hair would be all stuck to his forehead, and the most he did was move it slightly to the side... I don't know how he can bare that! :blink:

One of my favorite moments in Robbers is this moment at 1:34 when she pushes the hair out his eyes. I swear it drove me crazy! 

He has such high tolerance with the hair in his eye. I hv the urge to grab a pair of scissors to snip it haha. :lol:

Haha yeah, I super duper love that scene. I love it when the FL touches him. :love:

His "Hi" sounds so cute and loud. Lol. :hwaiting2:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

He has such high tolerance with the hair in his eye. I hv the urge to grab a pair of scissors to snip it haha. :lol:

All I want him to do is just push the hair back! That's it! But he never does. <_< The only time I saw him do that is in TMWYS, after he pommeled that first "guy" in ep 6, and he was so sexy doing that... Maybe that's why he doesn't do that? Too sexy? :D

39 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Haha yeah, I super duper love that scene. I love it when the FL touches him. :love:

I really think that LDH was the most natural with JH. I don't think that I've seen any of the other actresses touch his hair so naturally... Maybe the actress from Penthouse elephant?

• Like 6

:hwaiting2:Finally got to watch Hyuk's movie on the big screen! Guess it was not surprising that I saw more men than women watching the movie. Probably the genre appeals more to male audience. Anyway, I was super excited even before entering the theatre..thank goodness we wear masks nowadays, or people might be wondering why I had this smile plastered on my face the whole time..lol.:Ohboy3:

When JH first appeared on the screen, actually my first thought was , hey why the makeup was so..erm dark on him and his daughter. But it fits their roles. As the movie went on, I thought he got a little fairer and more handsome.   (Maybe he was spending more time on the chase and  less time hunting under the hot sun? Hahaha) :eats2:

I LOVE his action scenes soooo much! I saw a few people leaning forward when it came to his fighting scenes. He was soooo good! I'm in awe! You can totally tell he did all the actions himself. His expressions when he was fighting are sooo cool and still so good looking.  I thought the bullets scene in the movie can be quite tricky if not done properly because it can be seen as too exaggerating. But here, I thought it looked quite believable. And he did it in one shot! Wow! 

I thought the casting of MinHyuk as Taeyul's younger self was great! Frankly speaking, I wish less scenes were revealed in the trailers. But overall I still enjoyed it very much. And I loveeeee the ending:byebye2: 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2