4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes & I really prefer Pil Joo size & look. His size as LYO (BM) was also good. I find him getting thinner & thinner recently & I don't like the small face.

aww For me I like his size now. Not too thin for me. I think his thinnest is during Innocent Thing. I used to wonder if he's sick but he probably lost weight to suit character.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nyk said:

aww For me I like his size now. Not too thin for me. I think his thinnest is during Innocent Thing. I used to wonder if he's sick but he probably lost weight to suit character.

He was thin in Bad Papa too. And I think he looked older in BP. He looks alright to me now too, though his face does look thin in some photos which may be due to angle problem? 

• Like 4

Just now, Ding77 said:

He was thin in Bad Papa too. And I think he looked older in BP. He looks alright to me now too, though his face does look thin in some photos which may be due to angle problem? 

haha in Bad papa, I think it's because of make-up. They tried to make him old otherwise he will look like an oppa to his daughter. :waitwhat:

but I like his look in Bad Papa. I like men with short hair. :D

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, nyk said:

haha in Bad papa, I think it's because of make-up. They tried to make him old otherwise he will look like an oppa to his daughter. 

but I like his look in Bad Papa. I like men with short hair. :D

I like his look in BP too, and I watched that one in HD, can scrutinise in detail and there were a lot of shirtless scenes. Lol. :P

4 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I like his size in BM and also FTLY..now I also love his size in Hometown flex. Only find him too thin in bad papa. 

Some new bts pics

Awww I love Hometown Flex too. He was so cute there and I love his hair in HF too. :kiss_wink:

• Like 5

Contrary to most of you I actually like his current look. I love his Westwood pics, I loved his interview appearance nick carter hairstyle, I love his visible jawline... everything looks perfect now! The only thing that isn’t perfect  is the fact that he isn’t in a drama with this current look and I worry it will go to waste zzzzz

:Furious:

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Contrary to most of you I actually like his current look. I love his Westwood pics, I loved his interview appearance nick carter hairstyle, I love his visible jawline... everything looks perfect now! The only thing that isn’t perfect  is the fact that he isn’t in a drama with this current look and I worry it will go to waste zzzzz

same here  :tears: :tears:       

• Like 5

Hm..finally a review we can completely understand.  Wonder if we'll agree after all of us watch it.

Saying it was walmart version of rurouni kenshin was harsh though in the comments.  I love the anime, but the movie never made me that interested to follow as much.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

U guys can really differentiate when he looks thin or fat? For me he looks fine and same to me all the time haha. I am not sensitive to a person’s size, I can’t tell if someone loses or gains weight. 

Haha can see! Actually a side by side comparison between Pil Joo and his current look will show the difference 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hm..finally a review we can completely understand.  Wonder if we'll agree after all of us watch it.

Saying it was walmart version of rurouni kenshin was harsh though in the comments.  I love the anime, but the movie never made me that interested to follow as much.

I actually didn't like this review so much, because of the dismissal of the plot due to its predictability. I mean, the plot in FTLY was predictable, and still it's the best K drama I've seen! Looking at action movies, how many of them are really that original?! 

As to the rurouni kenshin comparisons. I haven't seen that movie, but I've seen clips from its fight scenes, and those, to me, were very fake looking. The use of CGI and wires was very clear, so I wasn't impressed. While in JH's fight scenes you see him slam into the ground several times in the no cut fight scene. There were no wires in that scene. So even if I wasn't a JH fan, I would prefer his fighting scenes. 

As to the insults- this is something we see a lot on the internet- fans of one show or movie, slam and insult a similar production. You will see that a lot also between practitioners of different martial arts- lots of insults and put downs flying about :) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually didn't like this review so much, because of the dismissal of the plot due to its predictability. I mean, the plot in FTLY was predictable, and still it's the best K drama I've seen! Looking at action movies, how many of them are really that original?! 

As to the rurouni kenshin comparisons. I haven't seen that movie, but I've seen clips from its fight scenes, and those, to me, were very fake looking. The use of CGI and wires was very clear, so I wasn't impressed. While in JH's fight scenes you see him slam into the ground several times in the no cut fight scene. There were no wires in that scene. So even if I wasn't a JH fan, I would prefer his fighting scenes. 

As to the insults- this is something we see a lot on the internet- fans of one show or movie, slam and insult a similar production. You will see that a lot also between practitioners of different martial arts- lots of insults and put downs flying about :) 

Actually, JH doesn't really get bash that much compare to some.  I have seen worse. 

Just seeing what's out there while waiting for JH's next work or variety.  When does his variety show start again?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Actually, JH doesn't really get bash that much compare to some.  I have seen worse. 

Just seeing what's out there while waiting for JH's next work or variety.  When does his variety show start again?

Did you see The Movie Beats and Hancinema (with spoilers) review? I thought they were much better

I included links to those here: 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2020/10/04/the-swordsman-검객-trailer-reviews-and-more/

About Rurouni Kenshin, I know it has many fans but, I honestly couldn’t get into the movie when I tried. Maybe it is a little “aged” for me at this point or I just wasn’t in the right mood to enjoy it at the time. That fan also had some kind of nationalistic issue. It was just annoying. He probably hasn’t even watched the movie. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Did you see The Movie Beats and Hancinema (with spoilers) review? I thought they were much better

I included links to those here: 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2020/10/04/the-swordsman-검객-trailer-reviews-and-more/

About Rurouni Kenshin, I know it has many fans but, I honestly couldn’t get into the movie when I tried. Maybe if its a little “aged” for me at this point or I just wasn’t in the right mood to enjoy it at the time. That fan also had some kind of nationalistic issue. It was just annoying. He probably hasn’t even watched the movie. 

Yea I read the movie beat review.  I just like to read here and there just to see. HIhi wasn't it in that one they call him puppy face too?  They might just being talking about his hair, but I just see his face in hometown flex for some reason.

I just think there are some things in anime hard to transfer over to real life movie form sometime or if you don't do it correctly can end up being very tacky.  

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Oh, I didn't mean that JH was bashed, I just spoke about many reviewers obsession with predictability, when I don't really think that being predictable is necessarily bad. I think the execution is what matters the most. 

As to JH- I actually didn't see any bad comments about him. It seems like all the reviewers were impressed by the action. I just wish they could have gotten to see more of JH's acting prowess.

This movie is about to get an international release, I wonder if this will bring new opportunities to JH. The world under COVID-19 is very unpredictable, who know what will happen next?

I also can't help but wonder what would have happened if this movie was released three years ago...  

• Like 5

Right now all I want is a new show...

The only reason I can think of is, due to covic, there aren't many scripts circulating or he really didn't yet come across one that catches his attention.

14 hours ago, nyk said:

Haha, we can also do a poll on when his body looks the nicest & when his body looks the most thin. Lol.

14 hours ago, Ding77 said:

In BPP, he not only looked thin, he looked old & that hairstyle too! Haiz! But I like that drama. Only, what's with the ending!!

14 hours ago, nyk said:

I like his size in MF, in BM, in Inside Outside & FTLY. I'm not adding those historical drama because they're usually dressed in lots of layers so they don't look thin.

• Like 5

According to Jane's translation of JH's schedule, he is currently preparing for the filming of Yacht Expedition season 2, whatever that means...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF8uErtpIRP/

Also, Zoi updated on twitter and it looks like The Swordsman came out 9tn this weekend, with cumulative 174,151 people- is this good? bad?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

According to Jane's translation of JH's schedule, he is currently preparing for the filming of Yacht Expedition season 2, whatever that means...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF8uErtpIRP/

Also, Zoi updated on twitter and it looks like The Swordsman came out 9tn this weekend, with cumulative 174,151 people- is this good? bad?

Actually u can check the Korean daily box office here. 

https://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

You can compare with other movies to decide if it is good or not. Click the 'more' button to see those lower-ranked. You can even select earlier dates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Actually u can check the Korean daily box office here. 

https://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

You can compare with other movies to decide if it is good or not. Click the 'more' button to see those lower-ranked. You can even select earlier dates.

Actually comparing to other movies doesn't help because it also depends on the budget of the movie. The Swordsman was low budget, so what will make it successful is different than what will make a big budget movie successful.

Zoi seemed pleased so I guess it's good

• Like 3