36 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I really want this show to be something different, not just Voice-flipped. but looking at this trailer, I'm not very hopeful. The hook in these shows, the super hearing in Voice and the evil being in The Guest, is usually paid attention to in the first episodes and then the show become a standard case-of-the-week show. I'm afraid this is what is going to happen here.

I won’t deny that I got a sense of voice but flipped roles too, but let’s just enjoy the ride :) I just want to remind myself that there’s always a lot of hard work and thought that JH puts into every role of his and maybe this time he wants to be the mastermind, so let’s just enjoy what he gives us! Plus at leas he’s lead here, not supporting, LOL. I guess Korean drama writers are seriously not the most daring bunch to push boundaries?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Finally a full trailer! 

So I wonder if he is blind? Doesn’t seem like it? And he can’t walk? Why did he confine himself to the room? So many questions! 

I too dont hope that he just remains in that room itself. I want to see him interacting with more people haha. But I guess, that’s not the main concern. Room or no room, most importantly there is character development and not just cracking cases. 

Doesnt seem like theres going to be any humor at all though, from the looks of this. Seems full on thriller. And yes, I love the arrogance in his voice! Reminds me of Pil Joo and Young Oh’s calm arrogance. 

Think it it quite clear from this trailer that he is not blind, the dark glasses are just to hide his scars perhaps.

• Like 4

Btw guys, once the show starts I think it will be a good idea to keep this thread spoiler-free, coz I know there are some readers here who are waiting for the entire drama to finish airing before binge-watching. Any discussions about the plot, pls try to keep it to the drama thread, thanks!!

Of coz u can still talk about the show here, just no spoilers pls (try try) !! :)

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/438713-upcoming-drama-2020-tell-me-what-you-saw-본대로-말하라-sat-sun-2230-kst-jang-hyuk-sooyoung-jin-seo-yeon-premieres-on-february-1st/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

There are too many questions in my head. But I am going to keep my expectations low first so that I can be more pleasantly surprised later. haha. But loving his image so far.  Just hope they do enough flashbacks to show his backstory and not just tell and not show. 

Kind of reminds me of the C drama, Love Me If You Dare. I guess the storyline might be similar too?? Spending the entire drama looking for the killer. :crazy: But the C drama one got romance. This trailer doesn't look like got romance. If JH is going to be sitting in the dark room with a stone face & solving cases, the drama can get boring after awhile. Anyway, the chinese title of this drama is 如实陈述 so if those who can read chinese subtitle, can try to see if chinese website have this drama incase there's no english subtitle yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Btw guys, once the show starts I think it will be a good idea to keep this thread spoiler-free, coz I know there are some readers here who are waiting for the entire drama to finish airing before binge-watching. Any discussions about the plot, pls try to keep it to the drama thread, thanks!!

Of coz u can still talk about the show here, just no spoilers pls (try try) !! :)

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/438713-upcoming-drama-2020-tell-me-what-you-saw-본대로-말하라-sat-sun-2230-kst-jang-hyuk-sooyoung-jin-seo-yeon-premieres-on-february-1st/

Don't really mind either way, but isn't that what the spoiler button is for or is it too much temptation?

• Like 2

Think it it quite clear from this trailer that he is not blind, the dark glasses are just to hide his scars perhaps.

I remember someone here mentioning photophobia, as one of his possible issues. Maybe it’s something like that, he has sensitivity to light and that’s why his place is so dark? And maybe he can see but not very well? 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I remember someone here mentioning photophobia, as one of his possible issues. Maybe it’s something like that, he has sensitivity to light and that’s why his place is so dark? And maybe he can see but not very well? 

Ya..I did mention that he might have photophobia and thus he's like a vampire :lol:. Probably trauma from the explosion causing him to be sensitive to light. So that may explains the photos on the wall (that means he can see) and sunglasses which he wears when he is facing the light as he talks to Seo Yeon. I really really hope his scenes will not be confined to just being in the room. I want to see him in action too.. 

• Like 5

I am one of those readers. :D But... This time I've decided to watch it while it's airing. So I can join the discussion with you guys on the other thread. And I also have this feeling that I will see spoilers everywhere, not just in this forum. :D

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Ya..I did mention that he might have photophobia and thus he's like a vampire :lol:. Probably trauma from the explosion causing him to be sensitive to light. So that may explains the photos on the wall (that means he can see) and sunglasses which he wears when he is facing the light as he talks to Seo Yeon. I really really hope his scenes will not be confined to just being in the room. I want to see him in action too.. 

I don’t mind having him rest from action, he is great in action but action was so used as filler in Voice that it became boring. But I do wish for character development and interactions with more people, not just the two co-leads. Also, I hope there is some humor and light moments in the drama. I hope he is sarcastic but funny. Voice was always tense, but Tunnel for example, had light moments. It can be done! I guess I’m still kinda hopeful. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I don’t mind having him rest from action, he is great in action but action was so used as filler in Voice that it became boring. But I do wish for character development and interactions with more people, not just the two co-leads. Also, I hope there is some humor and light moments in the drama. I hope he is sarcastic but funny. Voice was always tense, but Tunnel for example, had light moments. It can be done! I guess I’m still kinda hopeful. 

I think I'm also hoping for him to "see the light". Haha. I really don't want him to just sit in the dark room, for very superficial reasons - I just want to see his handsome face more clearly. If he's always in the dark, how to see his handsome features and how to be wowed by his amazing nuanced eye-acting and whole face gestures?? 

But I must say, his voice (no pun towards the other show intended :P) in the trailer this time is really quite different from his usual speaking/acting voice we usually hear in other shows. It's like a very smooth, sexy, arrogant and collected voice!!! 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think I'm also hoping for him to "see the light". Haha. I really don't want him to just sit in the dark room, for very superficial reasons - I just want to see his handsome face more clearly. If he's always in the dark, how to see his handsome features and how to be wowed by his amazing nuanced eye-acting and whole face gestures?? 

But I must say, his voice (no pun towards the other show intended :P) in the trailer this time is really quite different from his usual speaking/acting voice we usually hear in other shows. It's like a very smooth, sexy, arrogant and collected voice!!! 

It say he likes to play mind games with criminals so I have hope that he won't be stuck in room or maybe surprise reveal at end.  Hoping more he keeps it low key to plot the perfect revenge or payback.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Completely agree. I really hope that within a few episodes he'll be outside... 

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

At first I didn't understand what you guys meant about his voice, but then I listened again, and you guys are right- he doesn't speak- he drawls! :rolleyes: He like drags out the ending of every sentence, making it sound like nothing can impress him anymore... How does he do that?! Finding a different voice for every character he does?

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

New poster!! Ok I must say his curly hair is much nicer than when he has straight hair haha. So intense this show!! 

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

At first I didn't understand what you guys meant about his voice, but then I listened again, and you guys are right- he doesn't speak- he drawls! :rolleyes: He like drags out the ending of every sentence, making it sound like nothing can impress him anymore... How does he do that?! Finding a different voice for every character he does?

Yes! That’s what I meant. His voice is so magnetic here. Different from his voice in Voice, always angry and shouting. I think here his voice can be described probably like a cross between the arrogance of Bang Won and the sexiness of Pil Joo. Love it! I think he’s going to show us a different side of him this time too. 

The first few episodes always determine the audiences response to the show and ratings, here’s hoping the case is interesting and thrilling! JSY and SY look great and perfectly fitted in their roles too. 

Ok I think I will also chat more on the other official show forum too haha. We need to get other general members who have not known JH enough hyped up about the show as much as we are as well! 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Guys! Aren’t those new posters WEIRD? They look like an alien is coming out of their heads :crazy:   And JHs one looks like he has tiny hands or sth :huh:

Haha actually I never saw it that way. I only saw it when you pointed it out and when I intentionally viewed it from that perspective. LOL. 

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Guys! Aren’t those new posters WEIRD? They look like an alien is coming out of their heads :crazy:   And JHs one looks like he has tiny hands or sth :huh:

Yeah, I'm with you on that. The design is very odd. The main picture they picked for JH's poster is not very good, especially not combined with the other picture

• Confused 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

They should have kept high transparency level for smaller pics then it would have looked like characters' spirits are leaving their bodies. Seems like these posters have been edited by kids just like Money Flower's posters. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

They should have kept high transparency level for smaller pics then it would have looked like characters' spirits are leaving their bodies. Seems like these posters have been edited by kids just like Money Flower's posters. :sweatingbullets:

I actually liked the Money Flower’s poster where Piljoo is a puppeteer. I didn’t like the Voice and SOGC too much. My favorite are Beautiful Mind’s posters. But these take the cake as the most strange imo 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

:joy: Oh my, he does look like he has small hands and a smaller him is speaking to his ears..  But guess we were "spoiled" by the high quality posters that were released earlier. So the current ones seem less..