Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree. I think when it comes to JH, wouldn't it be better to have him talk about his roles and process than have him act as an entertainer or comedian that is hosting a party? What is the point of having him make lemon tea, as cute as that may be?! 

One thing about interviews is that JH is rarely allowed to give full answers, mostly because, yeah, it might take too long :), but wouldn't that be the real JH experience? 

His thought process is so fascinating and the way he builds a character is so unique that I'd love to see him do what sometimes is done in conventions- just him on the stage, taking questions from the audience. No singing, no dancing, no lemon tea... Though I do wonder how he'd react if in the next fan meeting he'd be told he doesn't have to sing ... I wonder if he'd be insulted, thinking "what, am I that bad that even my fans don't want to hear me sing..." :) 

But he already talks way too much and very slowly. When is the translator going to breathe?

 

I know this is just opinions and we can say whatever, even overanalyze events many of us won’t ever attend lol! But anyway, my two cents, many of those japanese fans have been following him for decades, they probably do prefer the hand shaking moments, contests, getting prizes, getting to perform a scene with him rather than have him ramble on forever

 

It is possible he did reveal interesting bits about the dramas he works on but I haven’t read detailed accounts so who knows? I know someone who was there and she told me and some friends that in more recent events fans are asked to not take pictures and Im thinking they are probably asked not to reveal too much about these events since they are supposed to be kind of “exclusive”. I think the tickets are not cheap so the whole deal being exclusive might be some sort of “perk” (my guess) 

 

Another funny thing my friend told us is that, once again, one of the “rules” they emphasized is “do not touch his butt” :D and that there was a manager walking behind him as he visited each table, he looked like he was literally protecting Hyukie’s toosh lololol! I wonder if people broke this rule in the past that they are so adamant about this :lol:

 

I think fan meetings are great but in order to have an actual dialogue with him, a visit to the filming site (with those support coffee truck event) or wrap up drama events are the best, thats when my friend Gumi has had a chance to talk to him and gotten the best info from him and/or his managers. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree. I think when it comes to JH, wouldn't it be better to have him talk about his roles and process than have him act as an entertainer or comedian that is hosting a party? What is the point of having him make lemon tea, as cute as that may be?! 

:lol:My sentiments too. Since we hardly (or never) see him face to face, for me, I would prefer to hear him speak. But you're right, he's hardly ever given a chance to give full answers because the host will (in variety shows) will usually cut him off when they find that he's speaking too much. Hence, I prefer him to be in a talk show, just him and the interviewer.

 

13 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

just him on the stage, taking questions from the audience. No singing, no dancing, no lemon tea... Though I do wonder how he'd react if in the next fan meeting he'd be told he doesn't have to sing ... I wonder if he'd be insulted, thinking "what, am I that bad that even my fans don't want to hear me sing..." :) 

Exactly how I feel. If I have to pay so much and with much difficulty to get to the venue, I can do without the singing and dancing and lemon tea (which is full of sugar). Hahaha!

I would enjoy him talking about his work, his future work plans, etc.

But of course, everyone has different styles. Others would think this is going to be boring.

But who knows, deep in his heart he might be thinking "thank God I don't need to sing"! :joy:

 

9 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Happy birthday Hyuk!:kiss_wink:

Happy 43rd birthday indeed!

Wishing JH a very happy, healthy, joyful birthday! To be able to spend this special day with his wife/children/parents. May his days ahead be filled of laughter, peace, happiness & good health! 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

This fan made birthday vid is so cool!!

Why is it that I preferred JH singing instead of the singer? Hahaha! :tounge_xd:

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

 Another funny thing my friend told us is that, once again, one of the “rules” they emphasized is “do not touch his butt” :D and that there was a manager walking behind him as he visited each table, he looked like he was literally protecting Hyukie’s toosh lololol! I wonder if people broke this rule in the past that they are so adamant about this :lol:

I actually got a shock when I read this. Isn't this basic manners that we shouldn't touch people's private areas? Isn't it molest?

Ya I thought it crazy when fans want to touch his chest area, touch his nose, touch his face...and I'm sure JH doesn't like it either but he had to allow it. I saw a programme (can't recall the name), the lady touched his eyebrow. :huh:A handshake or a hug is more appropriate than touching his face or chest area....that's how I feel.

 

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I think fan meetings are great but in order to have an actual dialogue with him, a visit to the filming site (with those support coffee truck event) or wrap up drama events are the best, thats when my friend Gumi has had a chance to talk to him and gotten the best info from him and/or his managers. 

Your korean friend is so fortunate! Ask her to share more information ok...heehee!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Another funny thing my friend told us is that, once again, one of the “rules” they emphasized is “do not touch his butt” :D and that there was a manager walking behind him as he visited each table, he looked like he was literally protecting Hyukie’s toosh lololol! I wonder if people broke this rule in the past that they are so adamant about this :lol:

 I see. This must have happened to either him or other celebrities before.  Cannot imagine their reaction when crazy fans did that . Can't use Jeet Kune do to defend himself too. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

 I see. This must have happened to either him or other celebrities before.  Cannot imagine their reaction when crazy fans did that . Can't use Jeet Kune do to defend himself too. 

Ya, I guess it might have happened to him before and other celebrities too. Otherwise why need to come out with this rules. It's not a nice feeling am sure when someone touched your butt and yes, he can't use jeet kune do to defend himself. He must have loathe that person at that moment. And celebrities also can't tell their fans off.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fandom can be scary.  From what I've seen I think in general it is good to have a bodyguard for the star.  On the extreme side there are fans who forget that it is a person.  I've seen some with no inhibitions whatsoever and even get all close to the star when star's wife or significant other was present.  They think they are entitle to certain things and even fault the star for rejecting their requests.  I think that's the tough side of the business.  

 

@budgerie I think the eyebrow thing was on Guerilla Date and at least she ask first.  I'm sure on brighter side he also met many heartwarming fans too.

2:25

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Fandom can be scary.  From what I've seen I think in general it is good to have a bodyguard for the star.  On the extreme side there are fans who forget that it is a person.  I've seen some with no inhibitions whatsoever and even get all close to the star when star's wife or significant other was present.  They think they are entitle to certain things and even fault the star for rejecting their requests.  I think that's the tough side of the business.  

 

@budgerie I think the eyebrow thing was on Guerilla Date and at least she ask first.  I'm sure on brighter side he also met many heartwarming fans too.

I think most stars have bodyguard(s) right? Fans can be extreme! The screaming and the fandom, in worst case scenario, toxic fandom. @phoenix24Yes this programme. Maybe it's just me feeling this way, but it irk me seeing her reaction after touching his eyebrow. Ok, give it to her, she's a young lady and extremely excited. B)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Exercising is a must on his birthday.

 

His workouts are so intense! Really inspiring. Am I seeing facial hair on him? That would make sense for his new character.

He's all lean muscles these days, isn't he? I thought of what he said in the fan meeting, that he lost weight to fit his vision of Bang Won. Considering that he said in the past he never diets, and considering that in almost all the BTS footage we saw from MC he's eating :) , I'm wondering- how did he lose weight? maybe he simply added an additional hour to his workouts? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

 

 

@budgerie I think the eyebrow thing was on Guerilla Date and at least she ask first.  I'm sure on brighter side he also met many heartwarming fans too

Not forgetting another fan who asked to touch his biceps.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

His workouts are so intense! Really inspiring. Am I seeing facial hair on him? That would make sense for his new character.

He's all lean muscles these days, isn't he? I thought of what he said in the fan meeting, that he lost weight to fit his vision of Bang Won. Considering that he said in the past he never diets, and considering that in almost all the BTS footage we saw from MC he's eating :) , I'm wondering- how did he lose weight? maybe he simply added an additional hour to his workouts? 

I think he is more skinny here compare to MC right.  It really shows when you look at his legs.  Lean build is better for fast movements though in martial arts.

21 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Not forgetting another fan who asked to touch his biceps.

I think arms are better though.  Guys workout so hard and it is nice to be recognize for their hard work or that is what I've been told by other guys.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Not forgetting another fan who asked to touch his biceps.

 

 

Hell, I remember the video showing the visit of the cast from OJH's baseball show to the set of Chuno, and I noticed that when they met JH, some of the guys were constantly grabbing him, hugging him and one of them was very obviously feeling up his biceps (I'm guessing he was comment about it or something?). JH was very clearly uncomfortable with the whole situation. Also, don't forget on Win-Win, the host demanding JH show his abs...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm wondering- how did he lose weight? maybe he simply added an additional hour to his workouts? 

I think he doesn't really have any special diet. Most probably he loses weight from his vigorous exercise regime.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH was very clearly uncomfortable with the whole situation. Also, don't forget on Win-Win, the host demanding JH show his abs...

Who would be comfortable when being touched by bunch of people or to show body? He did say he doesn't like to show his body. I can just imagine his "feeling" when he has to go on shows where there will be screaming fans and fans requesting to touch him. :tears:

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he doesn't really have any special diet. Most probably he loses weight from his vigorous exercise regime.

I think he is the sort who will put on weight easily if he slacks on his exercise. In DB, he was fatter than he is now. Maybe he figured out that Pil Joo needs to have some meat, cannot be too thin. But I really like Pil Joo size. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, budgerie said:

I think he is the sort who will put on weight easily if he slacks on his exercise. In DB, he was fatter than he is now. Maybe he figured out that Pil Joo needs to have some meat, cannot be too thin. But I really like Pil Joo size. 

Well it's really easy to gain weight when you're older and especially if you like eating carbs such as bread.  I was watching his travel video of him making the alligator bread.  He was so cute in the process and him with the baby girl was so adorable.  I just wish I understood what he was saying.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Well it's really easy to gain weight when you're older and especially if you like eating carbs such as bread.  I was watching his travel video of him making the alligator bread.  He was so cute in the process and him with the baby girl was so adorable.  I just wish I understood what he was saying.

Which video is this? Could you please point me to it? Thanks!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...