13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Thanks. Wish there were subs..but I am happy being mesmerised by his expressive brown eyes.. I don't really like him with brown hair. I think black hair suits him best. 

You go and look at chinese website. I've seen this in chinese website with chinese subtitle. Yes, I don't like him to colour his hair. And his coat....all the holes or buttons....looks odd to me. Hahaha!

His speech was pretty long here that he felt quite embarrassed and asked the host if he could have more time to speak. I think is this clip. And he thanked his parents/wife/sons....really like a big kid thanking his mother. Lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

There is another one in which he tied up his hair. Also an award for Chuno. His speech was so cute in that one that he said his parents/wife/kids are watching him on television (now). Lol.

Oh yeah, I just saw that one. I was bored recently, waiting for JH news :), so I was roaming Youtube looking for JH vids I've missed... I think you mean the international Seoul awards. Loved how at the end I, when Chuno won an award the director and, I guess, producer dragged JH along with them to the stage. He looked so embarrassed :)

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Thanks. Wish there were subs..but I am happy being mesmerised by his expressive brown eyes.. I don't really like him with brown hair. I think black hair suits him best. 

I agree. His look in the KBS award show is so bland, specifically designed for Midas (for some reason...). The contrast between that look and his look and intensity in all the clips from Chuno they showed was striking.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh, you don't like LDH? :joy:For me, the one who rubbed the wrong way is Ryeo Won & Pak So Dam. Exclusively only WOL and BM. Not them (personally) but I just don't like the pairing. 

Oh, yeah, I don't know why, but I don't like her. Something about her comes across as fake to me. Even the way she talks or laughs... The only show in which I did like her was Robbers. Ryeo Won I also didn't like, but I guess that's mostly about her character in WOL . She herself seems bubbly and nice. Pak So Dam I came to love as BM progressed.  I know you don't like their pairing, but I thought she was perfect by the end. The perfect contrast to LYO...

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

All these tweets are making me miss LBW...

I know what you mean... :) even though I'm glad MC is over

969f138d5133f3ad54e4bd86a70a83865c12e44c.gifv

thingskateknows: “Do you know why I spared your life? Because you’re like me. ~Bang Won vs. Seon Ho~ requested by Anonymous ”

Gifs taken from: https://thingskateknows.tumblr.com/post/189558458887/do-you-know-why-i-spared-your-life-because-youre#notes

JH said that he might not object to do a show that is centered around Bang Won. I actually would like to see a well written show like that. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh yeah, I just saw that one. I was bored recently, waiting for JH news :), so I was roaming Youtube looking for JH vids I've missed... I think you mean the international Seoul awards.

This one I meant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbXYeeiJKw

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, yeah, I don't know why, but I don't like her. Something about her comes across as fake to me. Even the way she talks or laughs... The only show in which I did like her was Robbers. Ryeo Won I also didn't like, but I guess that's mostly about her character in WOL . She herself seems bubbly and nice. Pak So Dam I came to love as BM progressed.  I know you don't like their pairing, but I thought she was perfect by the end. The perfect contrast to LYO...

Yup. Some people will just give that kind of (fake) impression. But honest speaking, in this industry, who is friend, who is foe, difficult to identify who.

• Like 3

First of all, I'm a new member here, and I would like to say sorry if this is out of topic, little bit silly, or this kind of thing is something that might breaking the forum rules. Please CMIIW.

• I'm checking JH's Instagram in daily basis and noticed recently that his posts have been deleted/archived and the number of followers seem decreased. I think, deleting/archiving photos from our feed is normal thing, I did too for my silly old posts. But, for the decreasing of his Instagram followers, I'm curious the cause whether JH is intentionally removed them from the list or Instagram algorithm did it, for example, automatically banned the fake/bot accounts? Because previously the followers were 202K, then 200K more and now around 199K. The thing which still the same is his "Following" numbers.

Does anyone know the reason? Please, tell me your thoughts if you are having the same curiosity like me?

Thank you very much.

Edited by Batara Aruna
  • Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 2:20 PM, budgerie said:

My goodness! You fast forward most of the time or you binge watching? Don't need to sleep already ah? :joy:Of course, of course, the drama itself doesn't take the cake over from MF (for me). My #1 is still MF. 

How do you find the policewoman? Is she annoying to you (at the beginning few episodes)? I don't blame her but I blame the writing. It's so badly written as in, I didn't know that a traffic policewoman can just march in to the hospital to arrest a suspect (LYO) when he was going in to do surgery. As far as I know, this would be the job of the Criminal Investigation Bureau and they don't work alone. They come in a pair.

How did you find her pairing with JH? Did you find her looking like a student? Lol. An ahjusshi in a relationship with a student was what I had felt. The makeup artiste should have given her a more grown up look (like the photoshoot she did with JH). Put some more makeup and style the hair nicely.

Did you enjoy watching the talk show? Or are you still waiting for youku for eternity?

Finally I can reply you, because I finished watching the whole drama already! I did not fast forward (I rarely do that with shows I watch unless there are characters I really don't like haha), and yes, I binged watched it and slept little haha :P 

Yes the policewoman character was quite annoying at the beginning, primarily because I felt that:
1. She was so impulsive!
2. She kept walking into the hospital as though she did not have other work to do haha
3. The part where she handcuffed LYO was quite exasperating, and quite a silly thing for her to do. 

However, I must say that as the story progresses, I feel that she became quite likable. Surprisingly, I liked her chemistry with JH. Yes Park So Dam looks very young no doubt about that, but I felt that LYO and her was very cute, because they were both very innocent in their love - I just wished we saw more of them together and how they slowly develop their relationship to be stronger. It was quite surprising how "quickly" he fell in love with her. But I felt that she really complemented him well in their relationship. Park Se Young's character on the other hand was very annoying in this show. 

Park So Dam is a good actress actually. Have you guys watch her in the film Parasite? It's a critically acclaimed film - I enjoyed it alot! 

The TvN Taxi Youku show, yah it takes eternity to load haha. I watched until about 15 mins, then it got stuck. Then I had to refresh and wait again. So I haven't finish it yet haha. 

On 12/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, Biology Lesson said:

BM is my second favorite show of JH, after FTLY. I love character studies, and from that stand point, the show is incredible. I've never seen a more sensitive, realistic and satisfying study of such a a character. The show itself is not perfect, mainly because the focus in the beginning was on the murders, and both LYO and the cop were presented as very annoying. But luckily the writers changed the focus to LYO and his growth, and relegated the "plot" to the other doctor, which amused me to no end. It was funny how at the end it was like "oh, yeah, we need to solve this mystery... it's this guy... whatever". Sadly the change in focus wasn't soon enough to get the ratings up... 

I recently got a friend of mine and her husband to watch the show, but I didn't tell them anything about the plot, and they loved it! The husband loved that nothing in the show was predictable. From their reaction I now think that one of the biggest mistakes the show runners did in the promotion of the show (besides JH's hair :) ) was that they revealed from the get go that LYO had an antisocial disorder. It would have been better if the viewers found out about it from the show.

Ah, so many of you love BM and his character! I need abit of time to digest and reflect on how I feel about this show. I'll share more about it in the next post. Yah the plot at the beginning seemed to take centrestage (which I was fine with it because it was quite mysterious) but suddenly in the middle, it disappeared, and then it appeared again at the end. LOL.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Batara Aruna said:

First of all, I'm a new member here

Hello! Hope you will enjoy your time here.

5 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes the policewoman character was quite annoying at the beginning, primarily because I felt that:
1. She was so impulsive!
2. She kept walking into the hospital as though she did not have other work to do haha
3. The part where she handcuffed LYO was quite exasperating, and quite a silly thing for her to do.

Definitely bad writing! I really feel the writers don't know what she/he/they write.

I just wished we saw more of them together and how they slowly develop their relationship to be stronger. It was quite surprising how "quickly" he fell in love with her. But I felt that she really complemented him well in their relationship. Park Se Young's character on the other hand was very annoying in this show.

Exactly. If we had the full 16 episodes, Young Oh and Jin Sung could develop their relationship for another 2 episodes. The ending was badly rushed. Than probably it's just me who doesn't like the pairing.

You're right, PSY character is annoying in this drama. I don't watch any of her drama except BM and MF (because of JH) and I found that she's stiff in both. At first I thought because of MF genre but she's equally stiff in BM. My Mother-in-law watches her other drama which I happened to come across 1 day, she's stiff as well in that drama.

Park So Dam is a good actress actually. Have you guys watch her in the film Parasite? It's a critically acclaimed film - I enjoyed it alot!

Definitely she is. I have no issue with the actress personally. I always only have problem with their onscreen character or the pairing but not the actress personally.

The TvN Taxi Youku show, yah it takes eternity to load haha. I watched until about 15 mins, then it got stuck. Then I had to refresh and wait again. So I haven't finish it yet haha. 

Yes, it has always been. Yet chinese website got (most of) JH interviews subbed. @azureblue7@Biology LessonYouku has the 2010 KBS award (the one he has the Midas look) but the loading takes forever. I've watched it before. So when I tried to load it earlier, it took forever and got stucked. Some days if we're lucky, it doesn't get stucked.

Ah, so many of you love BM and his character! I need abit of time to digest and reflect on how I feel about this show.

Hahaha! You don't have to like the drama/LYO just because many of us love it. To each his own. Now I'm just thinking, why the rating is so low? Could it be people get put off after the first couple of episodes? 

We hung on to the drama because of JH. But if anyone isn't a JH fan, the first couple of episodes is enough to put people off.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

https://tv.sohu.com/v/dXMvNjMzMTY2NzIvMzEzMDM5NzUuc2h0bWw=.html?src=pl

See if this loading is faster.

For those who can't understand chinese, here's my brief translation.

He said "previously he could only clap for those who received this big award. But now, it is his turn. What should he say? Now he is feeling excitement. First, thank you to the viewers. And thank you to KBS letting this project emerge. Thank you to Director, Writers & all staff. And thank you to .......(he name the actors actresses) Really need to thank many people".

He asked "if he can talk abit longer" and he continued "I started acting already more than 10 years and with my agency already 15 years, many things happened. Whether it's happy matter or difficult/tough times, my "family" in the agency has always been with me. (He started to name each one of them) truly thank you, and those who worked with me, truly thank you.

Being able to act as Dae Gil, my family is my greatest strength. My mother, father, and my wife and 2 sons at home, I want to share this award with you. Truly thank you to you all, happy new year, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, budgerie said:

https://tv.sohu.com/v/dXMvNjMzMTY2NzIvMzEzMDM5NzUuc2h0bWw=.html?src=pl

See if this loading is faster.

For those who can't understand chinese, here's my brief translation.

He said "previously he could only clap for those who received this big award. But now, it is his turn. What should he say? Now he is feeling excitement. First, thank you to the viewers. And thank you to KBS letting this project emerge. Thank you to Director, Writers & all staff. And thank you to .......(he name the actors actresses) Really need to thank many people".

He asked "if he can talk abit longer" and he continued "I started acting already more than 10 years and with my agency already 15 years, many things happened. Whether it's happy matter or difficult/tough times, my "family" in the agency has always been with me. (He started to name each one of them) truly thank you, and those who worked with me, truly thank you.

Being able to act as Dae Gil, my family is my greatest strength. My mother, father, and my wife and 2 sons at home, I want to share this award with you. Truly thank you to you all, happy new year, thank you.

So, he mentioned the other actors names in his "thank you" speech? He is such a classy guy! while in their "thank you" speeches...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Batara Aruna said:

First of all, I'm a new member here, and I would like to say sorry if this is out of topic, little bit silly, or this kind of thing is something that might breaking the forum rules. Please CMIIW.

• I'm checking JH's Instagram in daily basis and noticed recently that his posts have been deleted/archived and the number of followers seem decreased. I think, deleting/archiving photos from our feed is normal thing, I did too for my silly old posts. But, for the decreasing of his Instagram followers, I'm curious the cause whether JH is intentionally removed them from the list or Instagram algorithm did it, for example, automatically banned the fake/bot accounts? Because previously the followers were 202K, then 200K more and now around 199K. The thing which still the same is his "Following" numbers.

Does anyone know the reason? Please, tell me your thoughts if you are having the same curiosity like me?

Thank you very much.

First of all, welcome here! As

for his Instagram account, I don’t think they will automatically delete ur posts or followers. Most probably JH did it himself to clean up some old stuffs or delete some inactive followers. I know of other celebrities who do that too. Anyway whatever the reason, it is his private account so it’s up to him to do whatever he wishes, so I do not have the same curiosity as you. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Batara Aruna said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! I seriously doubt Hyuk would have time to deliberately deleted or block so many accounts. Maybe it is  IG purging fake/bot/spammy accounts or a technical glitch ( https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2019/02/13/instagram-glitch-lose-millions-followers/amp/) or people unfollowing since he is not very active and maybe he is not accepting request?  I have no idea too.

Anyway, I am not reading too much into it. As long as he is still in IG, I'm happy. His actor friend, Ryu Seung Soo's IG account is also private now. Maybe it's a daddy thing.:) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

but I felt that LYO and her was very cute, because they were both very innocent in their love - I just wished we saw more of them together and how they slowly develop their relationship to be stronger. It was quite surprising how "quickly" he fell in love with her. But I felt that she really complemented him well in their relationship. Park Se Young's character on the other hand was very annoying in this show. 

I thought so too, I like her in BM and I find their relationship very innocent and sweet. LYO is much older but because of his condition, he is a baby when it comes to affairs of the heart and JH is sooo good at showing that. The funny and cute creative little ways he used to get her attention...

I have watched Parasite and I enjoyed it. Glad you did so too!

• Like 5

@The Reel Life I’m glad you enjoyed BM! Its not perfect but I don’t mind the flaws because I find it so engaging and heartwarming. I loved the wifi even though at first I couldn’t “see” how they would work out but they sold me their awkward but sweet relationship. He was so odd and in a way he was like a child like @azureblue7 said, and their bond felt real and important to me. I also loved the dynamics of his relationship with his father, those antagonistic moments with his ex, the different patient cases and each episode revealed another layer of LYO’s personality. I loved the atmosphere and the flashbacks to his youth. The poetry and depth of some dialogues. The humanity of it. It was a well made drama in my opinion, despite plot issues (the “mistery” aspect of it, was not the best) 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

So, he mentioned the other actors names in his "thank you" speech? He is such a classy guy! while in their "thank you" speeches...

Yes. He's very appreciative of people's help to him.

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

First of all, welcome here! As

for his Instagram account, I don’t think they will automatically delete ur posts or followers. Most probably JH did it himself to clean up some old stuffs or delete some inactive followers. I know of other celebrities who do that too. Anyway whatever the reason, it is his private account so it’s up to him to do whatever he wishes, so I do not have the same curiosity as you. 

I think initially when he started instagram, was during filming of Inside Outside. It was said that actor WH helped him to set up the account. Lol. But after some years, he might be thinking his privacy is "invaded" (hahaha) so probably he's trying to cut down his usage now and cut down his followers.

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I thought so too, I like her in BM and I find their relationship very innocent and sweet. LYO is much older but because of his condition, he is a baby when it comes to affairs of the heart and JH is sooo good at showing that. The funny and cute creative little ways he used to get her attention...

Remember I told you before that LYO will make a good husband. Although I love Pil Joo but I don't have the feeling that PJ will make a good husband. Hahaha! PJ is too deep and difficult to communicate with him if his other half don't have his brain/thoughts.

If there's a LYO in real life (without the medical condition), faster grab him. Hahaha!

Btw, friends, see/talk to you in a couple of days time.

• Like 2