3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

When JH wasn't included in the poster or even appeared at the Press Conf, I didn't have a good feeling about this team. Seems like they deliberately want to exclude him from the limelight and just concentrate on the leads. But however, this is like a turn of events. The supporting actor gets more attention than the leads. The team probably realise now that they need him to promote the drama (hahaha). 

In WOL, even though JH was a supporting role but the team didn't exclude him in the Press Conf or the poster. He was there.  

Nah he was one of the main leads in WOL, not exactly a supporting role, more like a second lead. Unlike in My Country.

And it’s only ur own deduction that they exclude him from the poster or press conference. It may be his own decision, we don’t know, so let’s not jump to conclusions. 

• Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I know! We have agreed on several things already, we all are fans of JH after all  :)  what we don't agree on- is just a matter of taste! :glasses:

Sometimes I feel (we) more than a fan. Feels more like mistress. We're admiring every part of his body from face to toe. :smiley:

From what I saw in the preview of ep. 8, Hwi will probably try to outsmart both YBW and Nam Sun's dad because he is soooo clever... though YBW is the wild card here- he manages to see through Hwi at every turn. I seriously don't understand what's the point with having Nam Sun, he is useless. All we need is the dad. The show is filled with unnecessary nonsense, like the sister and the the love triangle. So boring...

This is what worries me. I am not sure if Bang Won sees through Hwi yet. Why do I have the impression BW will get betrayed by Hwi? Now, I am only interested to watch BW with his father. BW with the Chief Secretary or whatever his rank. His father's assistant. And I was hoping girl will work for BW yesterday but nothing so far. 

Also there's a part (preview for ep 8), I assume he is talking to his father. He held back tears. Probably confronting his father about the Crown Prince thingy. 

I do wonder how the industry will treat JH's performance in this role. I know that most award shows are not about awarding the best, so who knows?

BM was such example. He didn't win any award for being Lee Young Oh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And it’s only ur own deduction that they exclude him from the poster or press conference. It may be his own decision, we don’t know, so let’s not jump to conclusions. 

Yes of course, I may be totally wrong but this is my impression of the whole thing. Anyway, now that many people know he is in this drama, hope the drama will get good rating. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prettysup said:

Nah he was one of the main leads in WOL, not exactly a supporting role, more like a second lead. Unlike in My Country.

In the press conference for FTLY, secondary characters also participated, and I don't think it's that rare. Also, JH may be a supporting character, but his character was the only supporting character that got his own poster, so he was acknowledged as the most important supporting character by the production at some point. 

Also, I noticed that in the video that was shown in the press conference, that you posted in My country's Soompi forum, to which the leads responded and commented upon, JH didn't appear at all. Other side character did- but he didn't.

I don't know what's going on, if anything- maybe he simply couldn't be in the press conference, maybe everything is a coincidence, but you have to admit- due to the way the promotion of the show was handled, many didn't even know JH was on the show. And that's not OK! 

• Like 1

I am equally puzzled by  JTBC's way of handling the drama promotion. I'm sure many viewers have the same question in their minds. Anyway it's  already midway through the show, and as long as JH gets recognised for his brilliant acting in the show by the audience, I'm happy.  And which he did ! He got plenty of affirmations from viewers and hopefully more and better scripts will come his way! 

Tonight's intense scene !! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Sorry! I know I'm crazy! I don't know what all of you are talking about. I need to backread! But Jang Hyuk! I love him so much. He is an amazing actor. I loved watching him in Money Flower!! 

Welcome !! Glad to know he received a lot of love after his drama Money Flower! Do join us in our conversation about him ! :) All warm and friendly fans here, just like JH himself.Haha!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I am equally puzzled by  JTBC's way of handling the drama promotion. I'm sure many viewers have the same question in their minds. Anyway it's  already midway through the show, and as long as JH gets recognised for his brilliant acting in the show by the audience, I'm happy.  And which he did ! He got plenty of affirmations from viewers and hopefully more and better scripts will come his way! 

Tonight's intense scene !! 

Oh no! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Oh no! 

I actually am excited about this. :)  I mean, we know that YBW is not going to die, so this is actually a good thing for YBW as a character- it will probably reveal a different side of him, maybe a bit softer. Also, someone needs to take care of him, so maybe we'll finally get to meet his wife (if the writers even remember that he is married, that is). And the best thing- it's more than likely that we will get a shirtless YBW scene! Finally! :lol: I mean, I've been loving JH's clothes in this show, but, come on... 

The only thing that might be concerning is that due to the injury, JH's screen time will be shorter if he's unconscious. That, I won't like...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Yesterday ratings was lower than last Saturday's at 4.8%... I wonder if it has got to do with his lesser screen time. There were comments on Naver asking where LBW was and asking him to appear soon. But looking at the text preview of the next ep, I wonder if LBW's screen time will be even lesser...:tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yesterday ratings was lower than last Saturday's at 4.8%... I wonder if it has got to do with his lesser screen time. There were comments on Naver asking where LBW was and asking him to appear soon. But looking at the text preview of the next ep, I wonder if LBW's screen time will be even lesser...:tears:

What were the ratings for Friday (episode 7), @azureblue7?

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

The only thing that might be concerning is that due to the injury, JH's screen time will be shorter if he's unconscious. That, I won't like...

That’s possible too, but fret not! Many people across Naver and Koreans have widely recognized his talent playing the role of LBW. I think ~80% of the comments on the top articles (the one that ppl usually comment on right after the show) are all about JH. So that’s good enough recognition for him even if his screen time fluctuates from episode to episode! 

25 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Interesting... what is your guess? Mine would be number 2.

My guess is both 1 and 2. Seeing how the show timeskips everything, it’s possible that he recovered quickly haha. That’s good for us so that means we will see him back on his feet again soon! 

The text preview is misleading to me. It’s says he was barely alive and that Nam Jeon was victorious in his plan, but in the show preview we see him holding Hwi at swordpoint? Is the text preview meant to be a ruse so that we don’t guess the double plotting? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

What were the ratings for Friday (episode 7), @azureblue7?

Here's the ratings so far. Slightly lower but I was expecting it to rise..

Screenshot-20191027-100523-Chrome.jpg

Source: Wikipedia 

~80% of the comments on the top articles (the one that ppl usually comment on right after the show) are all about JH. So that’s good enough recognition for him even if his screen time fluctuates from episode to episode! 

That's true. Many were full of praises for his a acting and how he makes the scene more immersive everytime he appeared on the screen.

The text preview is misleading to me. It’s says he was barely alive and that Nam Jeon was victorious in his plan, but in the show preview we see him holding Hwi at swordpoint? Is the text preview meant to be a ruse so that we don’t guess the double plotting? 

I think if Nam Jeon's is successful, given that Hwi shot YBW at such close range and with poison, he should not be even barely alive. He should be dead. It has to be both Hwi and his move to find the spy and to avoid following the king's order to move out .

• Like 2

‘My Country’ episode 8 top Knetz’s comments

1.    Jang Hyuk ability to digest the character left me breathless. The birth of the greatest Lee Bang-won ever. (+902 -8)

2.    My country Kim Young-cheol, Ahn Nae-sang, Jang Hyuk took the center stage. I think Woo Do-hwan and Yang Se-jong are also good at digesting characters.The beautiful Seolhyun who melts naturally in the passionate performance of the above actors. The characters and the background match well, ost is  good, overall the drama is very interesting. (+690 -19)

3.    Jang Hyuk charismatic blast ᅲᅲ (+384 -13)

4.    Jang Hyuk left me speechless (+286 -6)

5.    Charismatic Jang Hyuk~ (+185 -10)

6.    Jang Hyuk is an actor who was always admired for his acting, although I am not his fan, his performance here is really awesome. I am watching as a fan of Yang Se-jong, and in the scene where they act together, their powers and energies are different. (+158 -4)

7. That has to be self-orchestrated by Yi Bang-won right? Otherwise it wont make sense (+95 -0)

8. When Jang Hyuk appears, the immersion power is not joking !! (+91 -3)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=076&aid=0003487920

1.    At first, a lot of people said Jang Hyuk wasn't the main character, but I think the main character is the one who leads the story. As expected, it's Jang Hyuk. (+441 -9)

2.   This is Jang Hyuk's life work after 'Chuno'. In modern historical dramas, there are not many actors who are as focused and charismatic as Jang Hyuk. Kim Young-chul is also a good actor. Maybe I got attracted to 'My Country' by veteran actors like Jang Hyuk and Kim Young-chul, otherwise it will be Woo Do Hwan... .It would have been hard for Yang Se-jong alone to drive up the popularity of this drama. By the way, Jang Hyuk's acting really left me speechless...In Gyo-jin and Ahn Nae-sang are also good actors... (+401 -9)

3.    Jang Hyuk ~ You're good at acting, so charismatic ~ (+152 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003293251

201910270759703364_1_20191027093137826.j

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Interesting... what is your guess? Mine would be number 2.

I thought it was a dream, or something either Hwi or LBW was thinking in his mind. But after looking at ep 9 written preview it seems not to be the case. 

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

That’s possible too, but fret not! Many people across Naver and Koreans have widely recognized his talent playing the role of LBW. I think ~80% of the comments on the top articles (the one that ppl usually comment on right after the show) are all about JH. So that’s good enough recognition for him even if his screen time fluctuates from episode to episode! 

Haha yah most of the top comments only talk about JH, even though I was trying to be impartial in my Knetz comments translations, they keep talking about JH and YBW only. So not my fault lol..

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha no, I won't dare to think JH's amount of screen time dictate the viewers ratings. Viewers do not know what they will see or not see before tuning in. Anyway not to worry, sometimes ratings can fluctuate for unknown reasons. As long as it picks up later, and we still have half the drama to go, fighting !!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jang Hyuk has arrived in Japan Haneda airport today, for the fan meeting tomorrow. No pics at the airport were allowed same as previously, but according to Japanese fans, he was wearing leather jacket, black pants, black hat, grey sneakers and thick sunglasses. Still with long hair.

https://1janghyuk.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-11153.html

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk has arrived in Japan Haneda airport today, for the fan meeting tomorrow. No pics at the airport were allowed same as previously, but according to Japanese fans, he was wearing leather jacket, black pants, black hat, grey sneakers and thick sunglasses. Still with long hair.

https://1janghyuk.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-11153.html

Haha still with Long hair!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1