2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I am worried about his hair too, eccentric profiler? Hope they will not give him an eccentric hairstyle....

They should take inspiration from Urban Cops. All of real police officers in the show had regular hairstyles and clothes.:lol:

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, fiesty8001 said:

They should take inspiration from Urban Cops. All of real police officers in the show had regular hairstyles and clothes.:lol:

But we are in dramaland haha.. and not all of them are eccentric or a genius.. or maybe we will get an Einstein hairstyle?

albert-einstein_640x480_getty.jpg

• LOL 3

18 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I'm not worried about his co-stars but about his hair. :grimace:

Dear God make him look good. No IRIS2 hairstyle !!!

Yes, no Iris hairstyle. No Voice hairstyle (fringe too long). No FTLY earlier part hairstyle. No Urban Cop hairstyle. No WOL hairstyle. 

6 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I am worried about his hair too, eccentric profiler? Hope they will not give him an eccentric hairstyle....

Hope is not those curly hairstyle like Einstein hairstyle.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Just now, Prettysup said:

But we are in dramaland haha.. and not all of them are eccentric or a genius.. or maybe we will get an Einstein hairstyle?

He was a physicist not a cop. :P

These days physicists also dress normally. I know many physicists and no one wears Einstein hair anymore.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes, no Iris hairstyle. No Voice hairstyle (fringe too long). No FTLY earlier part hairstyle. No Urban Cop hairstyle. No WOL hairstyle. 

Hope is not those curly hairstyle like Einstein hairstyle.  

What about no hair at all?:lol:

I think he will look cute in Einstein hair.

• LOL 3

7 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

What about no hair at all?:lol:

I think he will look cute in Einstein hair.

When he was filming chuno, his wife couldn't stand his long hair. Not sure how she will like him bald again. But he didn't look that bad in military. Saw some pics of him in military. Because we like him, he will look good in any hairstyle. :D

• LOL 2

I think JH plays around with his hair, and through it, with his looks so much to make sure no one will see his other characters or him when they watch the current show he's doing. Can you think of two characters of his that looked alike?! I can't...

Also, I remember he said that his face limits the range of roles he get, so I think it's quite clear he goes for less attractive hairstyles sometimes to make the character he plays an every day guy, essentially increasing his range of roles.

So, I really hope that his character in the new show, besides being defined as an "eccentric genius" is also defined as being handsome...

In the mean time, I'm crossing my fingers for "no haircut all all" :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

This is form an article from soompi, pretty much similar to what was alreasy posted, but this has a few additional interesting statements from Sooyoung:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1361407wpp/girls-generations-sooyoung-shares-thoughts-about-her-upcoming-ocn-thriller-drama

"Sooyoung said, “I wanted to try out a genre drama one day, and I got a chance to do it with a good script and a good production crew. The character has a lot of charm, but our drama also has a profound and essential message. There are a lot of people who don’t say it as they see it these days. Cha Soo Young’s simple honesty of saying what she sees was charming to me because it seems to be a personality necessary in today’s times.”

She picked “Voice” as her favorite drama and explained, “Ever since I was little, I watched overseas investigation dramas and hoped to appear in a drama with such a story, art, and production. I am proud that we are making a series that is as interesting as foreign dramas. We are making a genre drama that is good in various ways.”

Sooyoung also revealed she had a lot of worries while playing the role of Chun Sung Hee in OCN’s 2016 drama “Squad 38.” She commented, “My character Chun Sung Hee was a character that needed explanation but was not explained enough, which led to dislike from the viewers. I studied a lot while playing the only realistic role in a drama that has elements of fantasy.”

The last thing that she said makes me hopeful that they will spend time on the characters to make them realistic and likable. this is very good...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

JH had a good amount of screen time in Episode 7 of My Country :)

I think I'm the only one that doesn't care about his hairstyle lol. I'm cautiously optimistic about his next drama especially since I tend to like OCN dramas. OCN's Watcher was one of my favorite dramas this year. If it's something along those lines I'd be quite happy. 

• Like 6

‘My Country’ episode 7 Knetz comments:

1.    Jang Hyuk is a great chemistry fairy, whether it’s with Lee Seung-gye or Hwi, great immersion…. When Hwi and Hee-jae come out, the ost was suitable, and the story is solid, so it's good to see! (+271 -5)

2.    When Jang Hyuk appears, it's the height of tension. In Seonjukgyo, the loneliness of being alienated from the founding of the country even if you were the one who shed blood instead of your father, it was expressed in a gentle metabolic tone. Lee Bang-won = Jang Hyuk (+211 -6)

3.    Jang Hyuk’s acting is the best ~~ (+164 -7)

4.    I thought it would be fun if Jang Hyuk will shoot a KBS epic drama as the main character set at the end of the Goryeo Dynasty or the end Three Kingdoms Period. Or maybe Sejo will be fine. (+138 -4)

5.    Jang Hyuk's screen presence is beyond imagination! (+127 -5)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=108&aid=0002819277

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

25 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

1.    Jang Hyuk is a great chemistry fairy, whether it’s with Lee Seung-gye or Hwi, great immersion…. When Hwi and Hee-jae come out, the ost was suitable, and the story is solid, so it's good to see! (+271 -5)

2.    When Jang Hyuk appears, it's the height of tension. In Seonjukgyo, the loneliness of being alienated from the founding of the country even if you were the one who shed blood instead of your father, it was expressed in a gentle metabolic tone. Lee Bang-won = Jang Hyuk (+211 -6)

4.    I thought it would be fun if Jang Hyuk will shoot a KBS epic drama as the main character set at the end of the Goryeo Dynasty or the end Three Kingdoms Period. Or maybe Sejo will be fine. (+138 -4)

I’ve never doubted his screen presence!

Always wanted him to take on a Super bad, evil role hahahah! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

And we were not the only ones who wanted him to act as Sejo haha..

Edit : Oh i realised it is Sejo not Sejong, so it is Yi Bangwon's grandson

• LOL 3

14 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think JH plays around with his hair, and through it, with his looks so much to make sure no one will see his other characters or him when they watch the current show he's doing. Can you think of two characters of his that looked alike?! I can't...

100% agree. As in, you can't imagine the one who played Ji Cheol was Pil Joo. Neither can you imagine the one who played Pil Joo was Chil Sung. JH is this amazing.

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Me too! Never doubted his acting skills. I want a bad bad role too. Like can make me "hate" his onscreen character. 

My thoughts on episode 7 : at the beginning, when that irritating guy walked in (I still can't remember his screen name), and he wanted to pretend to kill Hwi, I find him not enough expression. He doesn't have that expression of "hey do what I tell you" and "I'm trying to save you" kind of expression. Very bland his acting. 

Hwi has slightly improved in episode 7, maybe because he got a tutor in JH since episode 7 both men spend more screen time together. But still, he needs to sweep his hair aside so that audience can see his expressions and still needs to improve on his acting skills.

However, JH is magnificent. His expression is just above everyone else, the way he gave that nonchalant look and the way he opens the fan. Even the way he sits on the chair, watching Hwi and the other guy. Sometimes he fan faster, sometimes slower, his expression goes with the fan speed. Superb!  

I like Bang Won giving a conceited look when at the arsenal. Really needs to put this chap down. However, why is this lowly rank fellow acting so high and mighty? Bang Won should have given him a SLAP for slaying Bang Won horse and for coming to BW residence uninvited. :triumph:Glad he got demoted and spent some time in jail. :thumbsup:

Bang Won is always ahead of everyone else in his thinking, we see that at Ihawaru. This reminds me of Pil Joo. Always ahead of everyone else in thoughts. :DBut it's hard to conclude if BW trust Hwi at this moment? 

I hate it that father is against BW :bawling:and might go all out to frame him. Bang Won, you are naive if you think your father's nation is also your kingdom. BW not only has to fight his father, he also has to fight that Chief Secretary or whatever his rank (the one who wore red robe). But it seemed that Chief Secretary might also betray the King???

Hwi is a double headed snake as of now. Don't know who he will be loyal to in the end. BW please don't trust him. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I don't know how will the crew or production team or director feel after reading all these comments from netizens. They wanted to promote or advertise the 3 leads but to be honest, if this drama doesn't have JH, it isn't watchable. Not because we are JH fans but because the acting of the 3 of them is still at a mediocre level. 

A chinese saying goes : 姜还是老的辣 (direct translate : still old ginger is more spicy). JH is like the old ginger here. :smiley:

• Like 1

I absolutely agree with this !

Actually the 3 leads are really not bad, especially Yang Se Jong. Considering this is their first historical drama since debut (like 2 or 3 years ago), they are really doing well! Not forgetting, they have got a great mentor here.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1