He did Radio Star for the drama because other cast members were also present in the show. But RS airs on MBC so the network itself might have invited them to promote their drama. JTBC doesn't seem to have such intentions.

I think he participated in other variety shows for his friends. Not like RS didn't have one of his best buddy.:D

He even appeared in the talk shows after completing Beautiful Mind. So his appearances are definitely not fot promoting dramas. He just have friends  in most of the variety shows.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I don't remember him having interviews or playing games in variety shows for drama promotions in the past few years. The last one I remember was in Gaekju 2015 when he attended some KBS variety program with the cast. After that, no more such activities. 

How shall I put it. I mean, in all of his drama - he does appear for some form of promotion of the drama or talk about the drama. For games, yes only Gaeku.  

Here are the Press Conference he appeared. I wrote what he wore so that maybe it can help to recollect. 

(1) Thank You Press Conference - black shirt and a white coat.

(2) Chuno - everything black + black cap. I think it is a preview, they stand on a stage.

(3) FTLY Press Conference - ugly yellow jacket.

(4) SOGC Press Conference - all black with a bow tie. 

(5) Empire of Lust Interview - white shirt with black jacket & bow tie.

(6) Ordinary People Press Conference - white inner shirt with black outer shirt & grey jacket

(7) The Flu Press Conference - suit with multi coloured tie

(8)  The Robber Press Conference - suit with yellow shirt 

(9) Tree with Deep Root Press Conference - all black

(10) Inside Outside Press Conference - tee shirt & leather jacket

(11) Money Flower Press Conference - ugly looking long jacket that looked like bathrobe

(12) Beautiful Mind Press Conference - all black

(13) Iris 2 Press Conference - all black

(14) Bad Papa Press Conference - all black (leather jacket)

(15) WOL Press Conference - V neck shirt and brown suit

This is what I mean by in all his drama, he does make some form of appearance but in My Country, he didn't appear at all at least until now we have not seen him and this is weird. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

That online interview for WOL was done on the press conference day itself, the Running Man during Money Flower was at the invitation of Kim JK because he needed a celebrity friend born in Dec, it was not to promote MF. Did he do Radio Star for Bad Papa? 

As for Dragon Club, Mom's Diary, Carefree Travellers etc, those were done in between dramas. He won't have the time to do variety in the middle of filming a live drama. So if u want to see him in a variety, u have to wait till this one to finish filming first, and before the next one to start.

Anyway I heard that JTBC seldom have promotions for its dramas, so maybe that can explain the lack from the 3 other leads?

For Bad Papa he did an interview with the cast- which he seemed have used as a way to promote his friend, more than anything :)

I agree that recently many of his appearances seem unrelated to shows, but he also gave interviews for the shows like he did for Money Flower and Bad Papa. About the wok of love interview, even if it was at the same day of the press conference, it still was a very interesting interview that revealed a lot about JH and the way he works. These are the type of interviews I'd love to see. Basically, what I'm saying is that it seems we the fans have many questions for him concerning his current role and his future plans, and we'd love to see him answer those questions! :)

I really Don't understand this strange policy of JTBS of not doing promotion. But I do think that the reaction to his portrayal of YBW is so strong, that I'm guessing he's being contacted right now for interviews, even if JTBC is not pushing for them.   

• Like 3

It seems like I'm not the only one sensing the show is moving towards a relationship between YBW and the girl. Seol hyun's fans seem to also sense it and they seem to love it! :) It amuses me that they think the chemistry between them is rare. I guess they don't know that JH that much or they would have know that he has good chemistry with just about everyone- he's that good!

It seems that those posting in this thread did not like her relationship with Hwi, and they think a relationship with YBW will be much more exciting. But if this will happen- I really hope they will make her a bit spicier...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

How shall I put it. I mean, in all of his drama - he does appear for some form of promotion of the drama or talk about the drama. For games, yes only Gaeku.  

Here are the Press Conference he appeared. I wrote what he wore so that maybe it can help to recollect. 

(1) Thank You Press Conference - black shirt and a white coat.

(2) Chuno - everything black + black cap. I think it is a preview, they stand on a stage.

(3) FTLY Press Conference - ugly yellow jacket.

(4) SOGC Press Conference - all black with a bow tie. 

(5) Empire of Lust Interview - white shirt with black jacket & bow tie.

(6) Ordinary People Press Conference - white inner shirt with black outer shirt & grey jacket

(7) The Flu Press Conference - suit with multi coloured tie

(8)  The Robber Press Conference - suit with yellow shirt 

(9) Tree with Deep Root Press Conference - all black

(10) Inside Outside Press Conference - tee shirt & leather jacket

(11) Money Flower Press Conference - ugly looking long jacket that looked like bathrobe

(12) Beautiful Mind Press Conference - all black

(13) Iris 2 Press Conference - all black

(14) Bad Papa Press Conference - all black (leather jacket)

(15) WOL Press Conference - V neck shirt and brown suit

This is what I mean by in all his drama, he does make some form of appearance but in My Country, he didn't appear at all at least until now we have not seen him and this is weird. 

Oh u were referring to press conferences? Well since he is only a supporting actor in this drama, perhaps he did not want to outshine the 3 leads hence he did not attend the press conf. Note that in all the 15 dramas you mentioned above, he was the main lead except for WOL. Then again, at least his face was in the main poster of WOL, but not in MC this time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I guess they don't know that JH that much or they would have know that he has good chemistry with just about everyone- he's that good!

From this drama, many more will like JH and probably join us here to drool over him. Afterall, didn't we here also like him at different times and from different drama. 

22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

they would have know that he has good chemistry with just about everyone- he's that good!

Not so true also. But this is individual preference. Jang Hyuk is able to have chemistry with every actress. He is able to get right in to the character to produce chemistry, but is the actress herself unable to produce the chemistry with him. Example, I find Tree with Deep Root actress unable to produce chemistry with him. I also find Gaekju actress lacking chemistry with him. But this is individual preference. 

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It seems like I'm not the only one sensing the show is moving towards a relationship between YBW and the girl. Seol hyun's fans seem to also sense it and they seem to love it! :) I

It seems that those posting in this thread did not like her relationship with Hwi, and they think a relationship with YBW will be much more exciting. But if this will happen- I really hope they will make her a bit spicier...

I so agree. I find her so un matched with Hwi. 

Me too want her to have a relationship with Bang Won. I want them to like each other. Not necessary romance but like. You know, have that kind of deep friendship (like Pil Joo and Mo Hyun). Living in a palace, you don't even know who is friend or who is foe. So it'll be nice if there is true friendship. In the process if love develops, it would be nice too. Lol. Since they didn't hire a woman to play Bang Won wife, having a girlfriend is not a bad idea either. Heehee... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh u were referring to press conferences? Well since he is only a supporting actor in this drama, perhaps he did not want to outside the 3 leads hence he did not attend the press conf. Note that in all the 15 dramas you mentioned above, he was the main lead except for WOL. Then again, at least his face was in the main poster of WOL, but not in MC this time.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear earlier. Yes, that's what I meant. He did appear in his drama. But since I mentioned that this is not JH drama in my earlier post, I am not surprised he will politely decline to any interviews because he isn't the lead. But in WOL he appeared in the Press Conference.

I think it also depends on whether the production team purposely didn't want him to attend the Press Conference. I just have a strong feeling the team didn't want him there. Knowing JH, he treats his work very seriously. If he can be there to promote the drama and get more viewers, why he wouldn't do that? He isn't the type of person to say I'm not the lead & refused to go. So I'm positive is the team didn't want him to go. If he attended, the attention will be on him and the 3 leads will look like a fool. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Not so true also. But this is individual preference. Jang Hyuk is able to have chemistry with every actress. He is able to get right in to the character to produce chemistry, but is the actress herself unable to produce the chemistry with him. Example, I find Tree with Deep Root actress unable to produce chemistry with him. I also find Gaekju actress lacking chemistry with him. But this is individual preference. 

Well, I did say "just about" :sweat_smile:- you are right, there was no chemistry with the actress from Tree with Deep Roots, but I read no one has chemistry with her :), and Gaekju I didn't watch- it just looks so boring to me... Another example for me would be LDH in Chuno, but that was because I thought she was awful in that show. Strangely he had plenty of chemistry with her in Robbers, where she was much better... I guess it depended there on the director and role...

• Like 2

I don't want LBW to have such reationship with Seolhyun's character. It would look icky becasue of the age difference. I even criged a little while watching Beautiful Mind because JH had an ajjushi hairstyle while Park So Dam has a baby face.

Moreoever her heart belongs to Hwi and being the lead actress she is not going to change her preference. Not like we don't know who is the lead actor here.:P

But she has intresting chemistry with JH so I won't mind if they keep bickering in upcoming episodes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 10/20/2019 at 11:20 AM, Biology Lesson said:

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the actress in WOL. She was the main reason I didn't watch the show till the end! 

Jung Rye Won is one of my most favourite actresses in K-drama world. It's the writer who made her character awful. I would love to see her in another drama with JH preferably a kooky rom-com.

You can check her other dramas to see how adorable she is.

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't want LBW to have such reationship with Seolhyun's character. It would look icky becasue of the age difference. I even criged a little while watching Beautiful Mind because JH had an ajjushi hairstyle while Park So Dam has a baby face.

Moreoever her heart belongs to Hwi and being the lead actress she is not going to change her preference. Not like we don't know who is the lead actor here.:P

But she has intresting chemistry with JH so I won't mind if they keep bickering in upcoming episodes.

Yes yes, I forgot to mention BM. I didn't find them having chemistry as a lover. As a friend yes. I think the make up and hair people didn't make PSD look good. She looked like a student dating her father. If they had given her a proper hairstyle like the one they did photoshoot, they do look quite nice together. 

10 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, I did say "just about" :sweat_smile:- you are right, there was no chemistry with the actress from Tree with Deep Roots, but I read no one has chemistry with her :), and Gaekju I didn't watch- it just looks so boring to me... Another example for me would be LDH in Chuno, but that was because I thought she was awful in that show. Strangely he had plenty of chemistry with her in Robbers, where she was much better... I guess it depended there on the director and role...

To be honest, Gaekju was boring. You know the art of fast forward comes in handy. I prefer his interaction with the 2nd female lead than the lead. I prefer LDH with him in chuno than robbers. I didn't like him in robbers. I did'nt like the storyline. Their kiss and bed scene in Iris was hot. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't recommend Gaekju to anybody because besides being a poorly written drama JH's character shouts and 'laughs' a lot.

:joy: I watched it twice. But I watched the parts where he doesn't shout too much.. His voice sounds different in the show. But I find BongSam very cute.Haha!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

:joy: I watched it twice. But I watched the parts where he doesn't shout too much.. His voice sounds different in the show. But I find BongSam very cute.Haha!

His voice sounds different in many dramas. In few scenes of My Country he sounds like he is suffering from irritated throat. Maybe his voice has aged like he claimed in the last fan meeting.:P

• LOL 2

32 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I also love Bong Sam !!

So you recommend to watch it? I think I didn't watch it because of JH's look in it, but I do know the show got a lot of awards, so it should be good...

56 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I prefer LDH with him in chuno than robbers. I didn't like him in robbers. I did'nt like the storyline. Their kiss and bed scene in Iris was hot. 

It's clear we're very different :) I know I'm in a minority, but I like Robbers much more than Chuno. Dae Gil is magnificent, don't get me wrong, but he was also very static. In Robbers at least JH's character showed growth... As to LDH- even if you don't like Robbers, you have to agree that her role there was much better than in Chuno and so was her performance.

As to the bed scene in IRISII- I'm probably in a minority about this too :sweatingbullets:, but I found that bed scene very cringey- it felt like both of them were very uncomfortable in it. LDH even said that JH was uncomfortable in the kiss scene, and it looked like it...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So you recommend to watch it? I think I didn't watch it because of JH's look in it, but I do know the show got a lot of awards, so it should be good...

Everyone has his own taste, I would recommend you to at least try it to find out for yourself. Personally I love it! But I hate Robbers though, haha..

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think he is very cute. Look at the BTS

But I admit the show can get a bit draggy after 15 eps or so. He cried a lot in the show (different feel for each crying scene), got drunk a lot, tortured , and so on. ..haha! 

Here's a short montage of the show.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I don't remember him having interviews or playing games in variety shows for drama promotions in the past few years. The last one I remember was in Gaekju 2015 when he attended some KBS variety program with the cast. After that, no more such activities. 

These are mostly all the shows he appeared in for promotion or drama related with his drama cast or solo. Some before the drama aired while some during.

Thank You - JipiJigi Ep5

Dance of the Dragon - HeartToHeart - solo interview

Chuno - WinWin, Happy Together with Cast

Iris 2 Press Conference - KBS Award Ceremony - Choreographed Fight with cast, Happy Together with Cast

SOGC - SNSD Sunny's Radio Show with Oh Yeon Seo

Gaekju - Happy Together with Cast

Ordinary People - V Live, Live Talk Show Taxi

Money Flower - Dragon Club (kinda)

WOL Press Conference - V Live with Junho and Ryeo Won

Bad Papa - Radio Star, TBS-FM Kim Gyu Ri with Cho Ki Sub

-----------------------------------------------------------
Not Direct Promotion

The Flu - appeared on Hwashin - Controller of Heart before release

Inside or Outside - appeared on Ding Ge Long Dong Qiang early that year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's clear we're very different :) I know I'm in a minority, but I like Robbers much more than Chuno. Dae Gil is magnificent, don't get me wrong, but he was also very static. In Robbers at least JH's character showed growth... As to LDH- even if you don't like Robbers, you have to agree that her role there was much better than in Chuno and so was her performance.

As to the bed scene in IRISII- I'm probably in a minority about this too :sweatingbullets:, but I found that bed scene very cringey- it felt like both of them were very uncomfortable in it. LDH even said that JH was uncomfortable in the kiss scene, and it looked like it...

He won best actor right? They won best couple too. 

I won't call it we're different. We do have same opinion too during our discussions here. I am also one of the minority who finds the later part of FTLY story very draggy and boring. For me, I would prefer they reconcile (ep 17 at the Press Conference), prepare for wedding and done. What's with the recreating of Macau scene and all the later scenes...to me is boring and draggy. 

As for bed scene, what I meant hot is that it is probably one of the more daring scenes JH had ever done in a drama. I find his kiss scenes in drama or bed scene in drama pretty mild. In Iris, he was more aggressive. Movie from 5 senses of eros to searching for the elephant to thorn to empire of lust, he was more daring. But I think it is only in Empire and Thorn that he showed his butt. But we all know he didn't like doing kiss scenes or undress scenes. The more NGs there is, the more embarrassing it would be I reckon. In Empire (the prostitute) and in Thorn (his wife) had to grip his butt. 

56 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Everyone has his own taste, I would recommend you to at least try it to find out for yourself. Personally I love it! But I hate Robbers though, haha..

I didn't like Robbers and Tazza. 

• LOL 1