15 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't want LBW to have such reationship with Seolhyun's character. It would look icky becasue of the age difference. I even criged a little while watching Beautiful Mind because JH had an ajjushi hairstyle while Park So Dam has a baby face.

Moreoever her heart belongs to Hwi and being the lead actress she is not going to change her preference. Not like we don't know who is the lead actor here.:P

But she has intresting chemistry with JH so I won't mind if they keep bickering in upcoming episodes.

IRL but in the drama they kind doesn't have much age difference. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

12 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

On another note it’s very rare to see actors who don’t mind showing their less than “attractive” side, what more on TV. JH on the other hand continues to challenge himself with difficult roles (even if he’s not the lead), being fully himself on variety shows (eg. Dragon bros and urban cops). Very diff from some celebrities who feel the need to only showcase a presentable side of themselves and maintain a very specific image through roles selected or types of appearances, especially in an entertainment industry and society that can be so judgmental. 

I think it really takes a strong core, principles and anchor to not be wavered and deeply affected by all that is happening around him. Still remember how Kim Sun Ah said that he’s one of her friends who has never changed at all. Truly one of a kind!

Completely agree! I was just thinking about JH taking difficult roles not many actors would take- seeing how even the majority of you guys, JH's fans, hate Robbers because of just how nasty JH's character was in the beginning, shows just how courageous JH was in taking that role. Oh Joon wasn't a charming fantasy conman like you'll see in most KDramas like The legend of the blue sea, but he was a realistic conman- meaning lacking in morals and cruel. And I so respected the show for doing that. The realness of of that show in dealing with so many issues like- redemption, homosexuality, sexuality in general (Oh Joon wasn't artificially celibate like we see in so many kdramas) and domestic violence is so rare, and this is why, in spite of the cliches and some of the direction, I like that show so much.

The same goes for Chuno- again, Dae gill wasn't your typical hero, he was hunting innocent people and beating them! I saw so many reviews of people not knowing how to deal with Dae gill because he was more real than they're use to. I read articled that said that Dae Gil was a ground breaking role in Kdrama because of his moral ambiguity, and again, this goes as a credit for JH. We saw it also in Bad papa.

His courage in choosing roles, his need to present something real no matter what, in addition to his immense talent is why i became a fan of his. 

Then I saw interviews with him and variety shows and became an even bigger fan seeing his honesty, shyness, humbleness, kindness... I love that he is not trying to pretend to being someone he is not- if he doesn't know something, he will admit to it (something that is very rare in most men), though sometimes he will lie about the oddest things, like avoiding a punch when he clearly didn't move, and you don't even know if it's just a weird dad joke :) . He is very reserved with people and very serious and he loves learning skills, whatever skills, which makes him a target of mockery in variety shows cause you're supposed to be funny not actually do the missions. There were so many shows I've seen where the MC said to him "Aren't you being a bit too serious?". This is why shows like Urban Cops, Real men and the fishing show are much better suited for him. They let him be as serious as he wants, while his natural goofiness relieves that seriousness every once in a while :)

Phew...:sweat_smile: sorry for the long rambling...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

36 minutes ago, budgerie said:

If he looks at me like that, I will be scared. It goes more like "are you sure you didn't do anything wrong"....?? :sweat_smile:

I don't even think I can focus on what he was saying... I might be on the verge of fainting soon..haha.

• LOL 2

26 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I don't even think I can focus on what he was saying... I might be on the verge of fainting soon..haha.

More like “didn’t I tell u before how much I love sausages!” 

I must say there are merits to having his own natural hair for this style, it looks great :) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

More like “didn’t I tell u before how much I love sausages!” 

I must say there are merits to having his own natural hair for this style, it looks great :) 

Or maybe "who gave you permission to eat my sausages?" 

Frankly, I don't like him too neat except for Pil Joo. I like the other hair better, the hair when he gave the girl the sword. The left side falling that looks like Wang So. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Oh yes Bang Won is still in 20s. :w00t:

Still a young man who can still father many children. In history is it he got the most number of wives/children?

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

His courage in choosing roles, his need to present something real no matter what, in addition to his immense talent is why i became a fan of his. 

Agree with you on the part of his courage choosing roles. Some actors will only choose the Prince Charming role so that he looks good all the time and the audience also feel good all the time. JH likes to explore roles/characters and we're his spoilt fans. :lol: He spoilt us.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Frankly, I don't like him too neat except for Pil Joo. I like the other hair better, the hair when he gave the girl the sword. The left side falling that looks like Wang So. 

This one? I don't like it actually, but it counts as his 4th hairstyle within limited screen time of 6 episodes haha..

20191021_181115_1022.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Still a young man who can still father many children.

Technically men can have children throughout their life(with as many women as they want) after hitting puberty.:lol:

Nature is only unkind towards women. But it's rumored that women of Hunza tribe(in present day Pakistan) can give birth even in their 60s. Will make sure to have their genes in next life.:w00t:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6xG9j_ZIhbi_DXvFgF9d

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

This one? I don't like it actually, but it counts as his 4th hairstyle within limited screen time of 6 episodes haha..

My favourites so far..

994-B27415-DA1-BBD003.gif9996973-F5-DADA02235.gif
99-D9-F13-F5-DA219-FB04.gif

cr. owner

Actually it seems like I love most of the styles.. haha! I wonder if there will be more to come.. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Then I saw interviews with him and variety shows and became an even bigger fan seeing his honesty, shyness, humbleness, kindness... I love that he is not trying to pretend to being someone he is not- if he doesn't know something, he will admit to it (something that is very rare in most men), though sometimes he will lie about the oddest things, like avoiding a punch when he clearly didn't move, and you don't even know if it's just a weird dad joke :) . He is very reserved with people and very serious and he loves learning skills, whatever skills, which makes him a target of mockery in variety shows cause you're supposed to be funny not actually do the missions. There were so many shows I've seen where the MC said to him "Aren't you being a bit too serious?". This is why shows like Urban Cops, Real men and the fishing show are much better suited for him. They let him be as serious as he wants, while his natural goofiness relieves that seriousness every once in a while :)

I totally agree with you! His down to earth personality is what makes him more endearing and makes him stand out from the rest.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, budgerie said:

(now) wonder if that is the snack he has been eating for 20 years. Or maybe his daughter favourite snack? I always associate strawberry bread with little girls. Lol...

Mm.. I don't think so. But he looks like he likes sweet stuff like strawberry icecream..haha

Still can't get over how adorable he was when he was mulling over whether he should eat or not eat the bread! He even shook his head after making a decision. Really child like! :lol:

And the cute way he types! Hahaha! I guess that's his charm.. on screen manly charisma  and off screen child like charm

• LOL 3

@PrettysupYes this hairstyle but the angle is the other side. Showing his right side of the face. The scene where he gave the girl the sword to say she can kill him. 

@azureblue7I like the #1 and #3 hairstyle. The hairstyle with the earring. Oh I can't get over that scene where he tells the lady about sharing moonlight love. He is such a good seducer. Look at that face! If he looks at you like this, will you still faint @azureblue7? I will make sure I don't faint but say YES. :yum:And I also like the #3 untidy hairstyle with bloodstain face. 

Yes he is so super cute with the typing and the bread. Didn't we establish (quite some time ago) the things he couldn't do? Typing is one of them. Singing and what else? Was it cooking?

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Mm.. I don't think so. But he looks like he likes sweet stuff like strawberry icecream..haha

Maybe because he gotta share it with his daughter which makes him have sweet tooth. Like "no, mummy says you cannot finish all the ice cream" so daddy's gonna eat half. Hahaha! I hardly come across men who likes strawberry ice cream. 

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Jang Hyuk has ruined this drama for me. I am bored unless I see him in a scene. If he is not there, the show doesn’t count. Every other character only exists to show how charismatic he is, how he is the best Lee Bangkok ever, and no one is ever going to top him. 

Same sentiment here.... I just started watching this drama last weekend, and I only have one thought.... why can't they focus this drama on the story of Yi Bang Won and casting JH as the lead?  Why introduce two lead characters that didn't even appear in history.  JH is capable of ruining a drama when he takes on a supporting role - WOL is one example.  And now My Country.... I wanted so bad to see the story of YBW unfolds because JH is so good in portraying this historical figure.  I wanted to see more of his actions and internal struggle in ascending to the throne.  That'll be so powerful to watch.  But I can't get this satisfaction :(  As the series goes, the other characters pale in comparison to YBW.  Now, i'm only looking forward to his scenes. 

When you're this good, you just have to be the lead.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha! I hardly come across men who likes strawberry ice cream.

Haha did he say he likes strawberry ice cream? 

I too can’t get over how childlike he is in real life! Can you believe this is the exact same person who’s acting as the cool and ruthless Lee Bang Won. Goes to show how he transforms. Great actor through and through. 

I cant wait for his Lala TV fan meeting next week so that we can hear back from fans who are attending! I hope the fan meeting gives us more insights into his future plans for 2020. Miss knowing what he’s up to these days and his thoughts around his role, his acting career etc., too quiet!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Jang Hyuk has ruined this drama for me. I am bored unless I see him in a scene. If he is not there, the show doesn’t count. Every other character only exists to show how charismatic he is, how he is the best Lee Bangkok ever, and no one is ever going to top him. 

To me, any show that doesn't have JH in it, is already ruined! :) 

But I agree, all the other characters pale compared to YBW! I tried watching all of ep. 6 and in the middle of it you have 30 minutes without JH that were absolute torture for me! The love triangle is boring and over done and the comedy from Hwi's gang of idiots felt forced and formulaic. Essentially, the parts without JH are like a drawing for children that you paint by the numbers, while the parts with JH are like a painting by Monet or Picaso- a masterpiece!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Technically men can have children throughout their life(with as many women as they want) after hitting puberty.:lol:

Nature is only unkind towards women. But it's rumored that women of Hunza tribe(of present day Pakistan) can give birth even in their 60s. Will make sure to have their genes in next life.:w00t:

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6xG9j_ZIhbi_DXvFgF9d

Hmm....

Yi Bang Won died when he was 55 years old. So at the drama now, he is 21 years old. Still have 34 years for him to add more babies into his household. :sweat_smile:Ok, I was never interested in history but because of  Yi Bang Won, I decided to be nosey to find out how many wives/children he had. Wow! Yi Bang Won is not lacking in sex life despite busy fighting war. Seems like he prefers his official wife and the 3rd wife most because they gave him the most children. Hohoho! And all the while, my mind is thinking of this Yi Bang Won (JH). Lol... 

In history, he has 18 women including his official wife and 30 children! His official wife bore him 8 children. 2nd wife bore him 1 child. 3rd wife bore him 9 children. 4th wife bore him 4 children. 5th wife to 8th wife got him 1 child each. 9th wife bore him 2 children. 10th wife and 11th wife gave him 1 child each. 12th wife to 18th wife got no children. 

Also, according to history, the death of his stepmother is sudden. I am waiting for this because this is when Bang Won will kill stepmother sons including the CP while father is busy mourning the death of stepmother. But please get an older child to act the CP. I don't want Bang Won to slash that cute little bro.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1