9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think the worst hair styles he had were the one at the beginning of Midas (what the hell was that?!) and, obviously, the one with his hair combed down his forehead, led by the cut in IRIS2 :) 

For me, I dislike him with too much fringe (Voice and the earlier part of Midas) and too short fringe (Iris and Bad Papa). The only time I feel he looked good with fringe was Beautiful Mind. I like his hair in MF, The Flu, Inside Outside and later part of Midas, also later part of FTLY. As in, I think he needs to show forehead.

On 2nd thought, after staring at the gymn pic for a long time, his centre parting hairstyle doesn't look that bad now. Lol. Still better than Iris. :sweat_smile:

• LOL 1

I found an article on Naver just today (oops just realized the article is dated 5th Oct, I’m late to the game :sweatingbullets:):

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004096246

I’m new to this article sharing thing on Soompi so someone please tell me if I’m citing/crediting correctly! 

This is the translation via Naver Papago app. Some parts are translated oddly but I guess we still get the gist of it. Glad to hear even the Korean media is gushing over his brief but impactful performance. 

Actor Jang Hyuk has made his first appearance in Korea with his acting skills.

In JTBC's new golden drama "My Country," which aired for the first time on Friday (Frame Chae Seung-dae/director Kim Jin-won), the drama gave off a short but heavy presence and played a significant role in creating a backbone for the play.

In the first episode of "My Country," the drama depicts the intertwined scenes of Hee-jae (Seol-hyeon) who became associated with the first prince 10 years ago, from the story of his family-like companion, Hwi (Yang Se-jong), and Seon-seon (Udo-hwan) to the story of his close relationship with them.

At this time, Jang Hyuk appeared as a guest house planning the prince's column in the early stage, opening up the play's huge envelope with his unique high-pitched voice and serious acting, and completely capturing the viewers' hearts by planting a solid skeleton in the play.”

In particular, despite his short appearance, he drew positive reviews from viewers with his trusty acting skills, such as his eyes, and his expression, which he could not understand.”

Edited by The Reel Life
Added information.
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

But I must agree that this long hair of his has no structure.

Yes long straight hair on men can sometimes look abit funny. It needs to be styled! Like how he did when he appeared on one of the variety shows. Super long hair but wavy. Was it Win-Win? That looked sexy despite being long! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes long straight hair on men can sometimes look abit funny. It needs to be styled! Like how he did when he appeared on one of the variety shows. Super long hair but wavy. Was it Win-Win? That looked sexy despite being long! 

I like his hair in Win Win. And I like it when he sang the song Creep....

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

This hair look greasy because he was working out. I think it will look alright after shampooing. 

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

This hair look greasy because he was working out. I think it will look alright after shampooing. 

I think he will look great if he tied it all up..  

Even closer up look... 

He can't be styling it so nicely when he will be sweating it out at the gym I guess.

Just for laughs.. :P

20191008-160309.jpg

So handsome close up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 10/7/2019 at 4:35 PM, budgerie said:

I just watched "this is my home" in which Jang Hyuk helps build a home for the unfortunate (guest appearance). It should be filmed around 2017 (his hairstyle is the VOICE hairstyle). JH shared that his father was proud of being in the construction profession but JH didn't want to pursue this profession because he will not have time to spend with his family. JH admired families who could spend quality time together.  

Such a gifted actor, a wonderful humble man, a loving husband and doting father. 

His thoughts about being a parent.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

When I read the chinese subtitles, I feel so touched! Such a good husband/father. Although he is always busy working but his heart is always with his family. :)

What does KSR mean by "you have 3 children which means you are healthy and strong and your relationship with your wife is very good" .....I am thinking naughty! Hahaha...lol...:blush:

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I definitely like him in short hair, just like the one in MF. Smart and fresh. It is unbelievable that we all have such a field time discussing his hair styles, or should I say, discussing his one particular hairstyle in the recent gym pic!

7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

When I read the chinese subtitles, I feel so touched! Such a good husband/father. Although he is always busy working but his heart is always with his family

@budgerie, please do share with me clips or articles of him talking about his family. 

I am constantly wondering how he is with his family and wife, and I love reading articles and watching interviews of him where he share snippets of his personal life. I know we should respect his privacy, but it is always nice to hear him telling us about his family. 

Sometimes, I imagine that one day when he receives some lifetime achievement award or some great international award, he will attend the ceremony with his wife, and then finally there will be an interview with the both of them...

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

please do share with me clips or articles of him talking about his family. 

I am constantly wondering how he is with his family and wife, and I love reading articles and watching interviews of him where he share snippets of his personal life. I know we should respect his privacy, but it is always nice to hear him telling us about his family. 

Sometimes, I imagine that one day when he receives some lifetime achievement award or some great international award, he will attend the ceremony with his wife, and then finally there will be an interview with the both of them...

@AquariusMYYou can read the article in allkpop, the heading "Jang Hyuk helps build a home for the unfortunate" in which he spoke about his father's construction profession and why he didn't pursue that career. 

As for how he is with his wife - I would believe what KSR said, the clip @azureblue7recently posted about Jang Hyuk thoughts on being a parent. KSR said Jang Hyuk has 3 children, he is healthy and strong and his relationship with his wife is very good....that should give you an answer. :yum:

I have ever dreamt of him winning an Oscar ok, and that he attended the ceremony with his wife. When I woke up, was so disappointed it was a dream. But who knows ya, in the future....some day....one day....although he is not the lead in My Country, I sincerely wish that he will win a big award for his role as YBW. (Keep my fingers crossed).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

What does KSR mean by "you have 3 children which means you are healthy and strong and your relationship with your wife is very good" .....I am thinking naughty! Hahaha...lol...:blush:

Their expressions don't match your imagination. :joy:

9 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

So handsome close up.

:thumbsup:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I have ever dreamt of him winning an Oscar ok, and that he attended the ceremony with his wife. When I woke up, was so disappointed it was a dream. But who knows ya, in the future....some day....one day....although he is not the lead in My Country, I sincerely wish that he will win a big award for his role as YBW. (Keep my fingers crossed).

I thought about JH doing more Hollywood movies, especially now when they seem to be intent on hiring more Asian actors, but I guess JH will have to get over his rluctance to speak English first. He said that he had so much anxiety about speaking in English in Dance of the dragon, that he had anxiety attacks (which he dealt with by eating chocolate... :) ). I noticed that this anxiety about English is something that many Koreans have, and I wonder why. Maybe something about the way English was taught in Korean schools? 

At any rate, seeing JH get the acclaim he deserves worldwide would be a dream come true. I see the comments that are posted on social media about him and I'm amazed by how much respect and love he gets, but I want more for him...  And for sure- I want good and interesting LEAD roles for him that will not be just in KDramas, cause they tend to be strangely sanitized, especially when it comes to sex. Is there is a korean TV genre that is more realistic?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Their expressions don't match your imagination. :joy:

They are on TV. Can't have that "horny" expressions. Hahaha! :sweat_smile:

I noticed that this anxiety about English is something that many Koreans have, and I wonder why. 

I would think not just koreans. If is me who is a non korean and going to korea to film, I would get anxiety attack too. Maybe he isn't confident in speaking the language but he can understand what other people are saying.

they tend to be strangely sanitized, especially when it comes to sex. Is there is a korean TV genre that is more realistic?

If there is too much sex, definitely some audience might complain that it is a bad influence. So usually all we get to see is "kiss" "undress" "lie on the bed" and the rest is up to your imagination. :blush:

• LOL 1

23 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I remembered watching the programme in chinese website. "how to live and eat well" Now when I look for it again, it is gone. Couldn't find any english subtitle right? He not only could cook hotdog, he also cooked noodles pretty well. The dry type noodles. :yum:

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I remembered watching the programme in chinese website. "how to live and eat well" Now when I look for it again, it is gone. Couldn't find any english subtitle right? He not only could cook hotdog, he also cooked noodles pretty well. The dry type noodles. :yum:

Here's the link to the chinese subs. Ko english subs to the program through but I translated parts of it on my IG quite some time ago.

【韩综】《一起吃饭吧》张赫篇 E122 . 161002 (下)中字 【女汉子字幕组】 UP主: 锦瑟年华 http://www.bilibili.com/video/av6677213

• Thanks 1