1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

in FTLY, the story line strongly focused on JH and JN. The second leads were not exactly too pivotal to the show. This is unlike Money Flower where the other characters apart from KPJ and NMH have rather significant roles too. Hence, at times it does feel that NMH is not strong or compatible with KPJ (at least not in the first 6 episodes that I am watching now).

Yup, true. In MF, every character is interesting and has its own story to tell. Infact I rather watch Pil Joo with Boo Choon than Pil Joo with Mo Hyun. :expressionless:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

To be honest, Jang Nara's character in FTLY was not exactly a strong character. However it does make a difference between her and other female leads with Jang Hyuk because she is considered a veteran. Having said that, we must not forget that in FTLY, the story line strongly focused on JH and JN. The second leads were not exactly too pivotal to the show. This is unlike Money Flower where the other characters apart from KPJ and NMH have rather significant roles too. Hence, at times it does feel that NMH is not strong or compatible with KPJ (at least not in the first 6 episodes that I am watching now).

A character being strong or not says nothing about the quality of acting. At the time that I watched the show I knew nothing about Jang Nara, if she was a veteran or not. All I saw was how well she portrayed her character. For sure experience improves the acting. I guess the way we view a character and an actor is a subjective thing. For instance, In "Thank You" we have a similar situation, a generally loved character played by veteran actress, but I have to say I found that character to be weak and the actress- I just can't stand (don't kill me :) ). I even tried to prove myself wrong and watched other shows she did, but I just don't like her acting (though I do respect her for accepting that role while other actresses didn't want to act with JH at the time).

I feel that NMH felt so weak because of the writing. She was written as a cliche, not as a complex character- a wide eyed innocent do-gooder. Also, she wasn't very consistent. One moment she's a strong independent woman, and the next she is a traditional woman willing to do anything to satisfy her husband's family. And this inconsistency in writing appeared throughout the show in . I think the main thing that made Money Flower extraordinary was JH. Not just his acting, but everything else he does on set. In terms of the plot, I actually think that the plot in Midas was much better, though JH's acting was oddly boring and subdued (I wonder why he went for that acting style...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I feel that NMH felt so weak because of the writing. She was written as a cliche, not as a complex character- a wide eyed innocent do-gooder. Also, she wasn't very consistent. One moment she's a strong independent woman, and the next she is a traditional woman willing to do anything to satisfy her husband's family. And this inconsistency in writing appeared throughout the show in .

For me, Mo Hyun acting was fine before she found out about Boo Choon infidelity. She acted the typical chaebol wife. But her acting sort of "wane off" after she found out about Yoon Seo Won. Is it the writing or is it her, i don't know. Got bored watching her. 

In terms of the plot, I actually think that the plot in Midas was much better, though JH's acting was oddly boring and subdued (I wonder why he went for that acting style...)

It took me 3 tries to watch Midas. :sweat_smile: I couldn't stand watching Kim Hee Ae or should I say the way she spoke. She was like whispering all the time. The only good thing is we have a beautiful female lead, Lee Min Jung but alas, she has no chemistry with JH. Director-nim overlooked the romance between them? They were supposed to be married, meaning they should be very comfortable with each other but they're hardly cuddling or holding hands when they're together.

For instance, In "Thank You" we have a similar situation, a generally loved character played by veteran actress, but I have to say I found that character to be weak and the actress- I just can't stand (don't kill me :) ). I even tried to prove myself wrong and watched other shows she did, but I just don't like her acting (though I do respect her for accepting that role while other actresses didn't want to act with JH at the time).

I love the chemistry between JH and Seo Shin Ae. The storyline is beautiful. I didn't focus much on Hyo Jin acting or her chemistry with JH. I think for me, Shin Ae won it all (hahaha). 

18 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Having said that, we must not forget that in FTLY, the story line strongly focused on JH and JN. 

That's true. So far, SSBG, FTLY, OGB that they have acted together are love stories. So they have to act lovey dovey and both being veteran, they are able to immerse themselves into the roles easily so much so that everyone feels they should get married in real life too. That itself is already a success to the drama and to their chemistry. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 5:33 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Obviously in Money Flower I didn't want them to have an actual relationship, but I thought they could have upped the sexual tension between them, making a later pivotal scene (you haven't seen it yet :) ) more impactful.

@Biology Lesson, I am curious which pivotal scene you are referring to. I just watched episode 8 and I need confirmation if KPJ actually slept with JMR?? It does seemed like it to me, but I am not sure. If indeed it is true, I am not surprised but yet am still disturbed/ intrigued/mixed emotions. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

@Biology Lesson, I am curious which pivotal scene you are referring to. I just watched episode 8 and I need confirmation if KPJ actually slept with JMR?? It does seemed like it to me, but I am not sure. If indeed it is true, I am not surprised but yet am still disturbed/ intrigued/mixed emotions. 

Well, of course I won't spoil that scene for you :) - suffice to say it's some of the best and most sensual acting I've ever seen JH do. When you'll see the scene- you'd know... ;)  But that scene, with it's sexual tension and JMR's reaction to it, actually suggests KPJ and JMR haven't slept together. I think that scene in the bedroom in which she caught his hand was just bad writing, as they just dropped it the following episodes, giving us no further indication for a sexual relationship between them.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I just watched episode 8 and I need confirmation if KPJ actually slept with JMR?? It does seemed like it to me, but I am not sure.

:lol: Writer-nim just wants us to use our imagination I guess. At first I too thought that they had slept together but on 2nd thought, I don't think Pil Joo is even able to let her touch him intimately given what she had done to his family. Pil Joo is a badass here but I'm so in love with him. :wub: Lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, budgerie said:

:lol: Writer-nim just wants us to use our imagination I guess. At first I too thought that they had slept together but on 2nd thought, I don't think Pil Joo is even able to let her touch him intimately given what she had done to his family. Pil Joo is a badass here but I'm so in love with him. :wub: Lol. 

Yes.. I don't think so too. Just the writer's way to play with our minds. 

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

But that scene, with it's sexual tension and JMR's reaction to it, actually suggests KPJ and JMR haven't slept together

True.. if they had, I think she would have reacted differently..haha.

Janghyuk's cut to the video above

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, of course I won't spoil that scene for you :) - suffice to say it's some of the best and most sensual acting I've ever seen JH do. When you'll see the scene- you'd know... ;)  But that scene, with it's sexual tension and JMR's reaction to it, actually suggests KPJ and JMR haven't slept together.

Interesting. I shall continue watching. Already as it is now, I thought I can sense sexual tension but you are all telling me 'that scene' is yet to come. Am I the only one who thought and felt there is already sexual tension between KPJ and JMR now in the early episodes? I suppose it feels that way for me because this JMR exudes sexiness effortlessly.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The Sustainable Development Goals are the United Nations' blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice. The Goals interconnect and in order to leave no one behind, it ís important that we achieve each Goal and target by 2030.

In total there are 17 goals, the card that JH held is the third one "Good Health and Well Being'.

sdgs_poster_new1.png?itok=lk3WnfiX&c=4a2

Click here if u want to find out more

https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Interesting! In the Korean SDG post that you guys posted above, since JH said that one of the ways towards health and well-being is to use less smartphones, I wonder if that explains his long disappearance and reduction in interactions on IG. He’s probably trying to live a more fulfilling like by having a more fixed routine rather than getting hooked on social media and the phone! Imagine these days when we seldom talk to each other and our main interactions are just with our phones. It’s wise to cut back, actually. 

On another note, I’m slightly disappointed that JH isn’t billed as the main character (judging from posters, character stills and promos) for My Country, but we shall just enjoy this ride knowing that he will give his best no matter what role he gets! 

Fingers crossed for a great main role, next drama. :smile:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Interesting! In the Korean SDG post that you guys posted above, since JH said that one of the ways towards health and well-being is to use less smartphones, I wonder if that explains his long disappearance and reduction in interactions on IG. He’s probably trying to live a more fulfilling like by having a more fixed routine rather than getting hooked on social media and the phone! Imagine these days when we seldom talk to each other and our main interactions are just with our phones. It’s wise to cut back, actually. 

Yes i think he is trying to fulfill that goal of his, let's see how long he can sustain hahaha

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yes i think he is trying to fulfill that goal of his, let's see how long he can sustain hahaha

Don't provoke him. He deosn't break any promise that he made to himself.:D

It's almost like he was telepathically connected to me for a while. Lol 

First he trolled me by posting a new video clip and now he has sincerely let us know his reason for restricting use of social-media. 

It's satisfying that he has realized IG is not good for his well-being. 

• LOL 4

18 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

It's almost like he was telepathically connected to me for a while. Lol 

First he trolled me by posting a new video clip and now he has sincerely let us know his reason for restricting use of social-media. 

It's satisfying that he has realized IG is not good for his well-being. 

That's true. Like what his friends said about him, he's really good at keeping promises. I'm pretty sure he is doing it for his children too, helping to set a good example.

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

He’s probably trying to live a more fulfilling like by having a more fixed routine rather than getting hooked on social media and the phone! Imagine these days when we seldom talk to each other and our main interactions are just with our phones. It’s wise to cut back, actually

He did mention at the recent Japan Fan meeting that when he reduced his workload , he's happy he got to spend quality time with his children, talking to them about things they like and so on. Guess he is spending more time bonding with his family these days.:)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

That's true. Like what his friends said about him, he's really good at keeping promises. I'm pretty sure he is doing it for his children too, helping to set a good example.

He did mention at the recent Japan Fan meeting that when he reduced his workload , he's happy he got to spend quality time with his children, talking to them about things they like and so on. Guess he is spending more time bonding with his family these days.:)

I feel the same way too. You don't want your children to be hooked to the handphone, you don't be hooked to it yourself. So I guess he is showing by example.

As much as I want to see him onscreen, yet at the same time, I'm happy he is spending more time with his family. And who knows, perhaps the "reduced workload" that he meant, could be he doesn't want to take on too many heavy roles like he used to do. Maybe he just want to take on "mentoring" roles and we know he's such a good mentor/teacher. I remember reading a chinese article about the new actress, Han So Hee (MF acted as Boo Choon mistress), she said it was JH who helped her into her role as a mother and how to bond with her onscreen son.

12 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

On another note, I’m slightly disappointed that JH isn’t billed as the main character (judging from posters, character stills and promos) for My Country, but we shall just enjoy this ride knowing that he will give his best no matter what role he gets! 

So I am guessing My Country will just be another "mentoring" role for him but definitely this mentor will shine. Whatever role given to him, it will shine. Anyway, he had wanted to be a Teacher right? :sweat_smile:I like his attitude and mindset. Some artistes will be afraid of someone younger doing better than themselves and not so willing to impart knowledge. 

11 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Haha yes, he doesn't break his promise to exercise, he doesn't break his promise to do recycling. What I truly admire is him saying he likes to perspire :D usually artistes will want to look their best, can't even go out without makeup, but we have one here who likes to look sweaty. (I just wonder how many sweaty clothes his wife got to wash everyday). I like how he is "down to earth" despite being a celebrity.

• Love 1