2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH gives so much emotion to each shot, that the pictures look like they were taken from a movie or a show... I wish...

I like the one with the bicycle. The one with the girl, his face looks like lost weight. But I like his image in My Country. That rugged look :blush:

• Like 2

So, I saw the trailer of My country with subtitles, and I have to say- I don't understand anything! and the synopsis is no better- it's so vague... Why don't they say what the story is about?! 

So correct me if I'm wrong- from what I understand there are two guys that seem to have completely separate stories but were friends (?!) and then due to a misunderstanding they become enemies, and also there is a love story mixed in somewhere... I'm guessing one of them will side with JH's character and the other with the other side... and JH character is the antagonist, right? but we do know that historically he does win at the end... Can any of you make sense of this?! Also I hope the 'misunderstanding' will not be something simple that could have been solved by a simple conversation- that would really frustrate me...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I dont think he will keep that image for long, Lee Bang Won will probably be more well groomed once he becomes the crown prince.

I like his image in Empire of Lust too. :)

On 9/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, azureblue7 said:

Me too.. it reminds me of Daegil..

Yup, that untidy rugged long hair look and I like him with moustache to go with this kind of untidy look. 

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

there is a love story

I hope the 'misunderstanding' will not be something simple that could have been solved by a simple conversation- that would really frustrate me...

Historically he has wife (wives) so I hope in the drama, he gets the girl. It's frustrating to watch him lose the girl to someone else. But then again, this is a period drama. Yi Bang Won will be busy fighting for his empire than falling in love. 

I really hope he has lots screen time. I'm just so worried his role is like another WOL type, where the main story is about the other casts and although YBW is a big role, his screen time might not be as much as the other (younger) actors. I HOPE NOT :unsure:

On a separate note - hope JH and his family are well/safe from typhoon lingling. :phew:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Historically he has wife (wives) so I hope in the drama, he gets the girl. It's frustrating to watch him lose the girl to someone else. But then again, this is a period drama. Yi Bang Won will be busy fighting for his empire than falling in love.

the love story I mentioned has nothing to do with JH's character. I'm guessing it's a love triangle between the girl from the trailer and the two main guys. Though I do hope JH's character will have something exciting going on and a well defined plot, and not just be the background for the two main guys fight

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I really hope he has lots screen time. I'm just so worried his role is like another WOL type, where the main story is about the other casts and although YBW is a big role, his screen time might not be as much as the other (younger) actors. I HOPE NOT :unsure:

I hope so too... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

really hope he has lots screen time. I'm just so worried his role is like another WOL type, where the main story is about the other casts and although YBW is a big role, his screen time might not be as much as the other (younger) actors. I HOPE NOT :unsure:

55 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

hope JH's character will have something exciting going on and a well defined plot, and not just be the background for the two main guys fight

Actually I think he may not

have as much screen time as the other 2 actors judging from the teaser. I just hope that whenever he appears on the screen, it leaves an impact,  he has many good and memorable lines and he has the chance to showcase his excellent acting abilities.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

have as much screen time as the other 2 actors judging from the teaser. I just hope that whenever he appears on the screen, it leaves an impact,  he has many good and memorable lines and he has the chance to showcase his excellent acting abilities.

For sure he doesn't have as much screen time as the two main actors, but I do hope that he will have his own small plot. The fact that they highlighted JH in the way they did in the trailer, giving him the entire last part, gives me hope that they know who they have in their hands and that they are treating him with respect. Also, I'm guessing that JH took this role because it allowed him to explore this role more and maybe better than the movie did. Can't say I liked the movie or the way JH's character was directed. Just the small clip we saw in the trailer shows that JH's approach to the character is completely different, and I really liked it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

For sure he doesn't have as much screen time as the two main actors, but I do hope that he will have his own small plot. The fact that they highlighted JH in the way they did in the trailer, giving him the entire last part, gives me hope that they know who they have in their hands and that they are treating him with respect. Also, I'm guessing that JH took this role because it allowed him to explore this role more and maybe better than the movie did. Can't say I liked the movie or the way JH's character was directed. Just the small clip we saw in the trailer shows that JH's approach to the character is completely different, and I really liked it.

I too don’t think he will have as much screen time as we hope unfortunately. It will probably be like how the trailer is:

brief but impactful. And yes, hope his plotline is something meaningful too! For such a powerful character in history, it would be a waste if his character or story ends up being only a plot device!!

Really looking forward to his next project, hopefully there will be some updates on his next drama very soon. He’s been super quiet lately! We’ve really been spoilt with his endless appearances on dramas or movies or variety shows in the past, that these past 6 months really feel like a longggg silence :anguished:

• Like 7

21 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

that these past 6 months really feel like a longggg silence :anguished:

Yes. Seems like such a long wait after Bad Papa. 

I have been watching all his other programmes (interviews/variety/award ceremony) from youku, from tudou, from iqiyi, from sohu and from bilibili. Some with subtitles while many still without subtitles.  And still no news of New Sea. His image in New Sea looks good/very handsome.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 3:17 PM, budgerie said:

Go in to 优酷. At the 搜全网 box, type in 张赫婚礼. Than look for 张赫婚礼清晰版. It will start with 2 mothers walking in.

@budgerie, I tried and whilst I can watch the other clips, I couldn't watch this particular one of the wedding march in. Couldn't understand the error message, not sure if it says try again or that the video has been removed? I tried countless times but doesn't work. By the way, I was assessing via the web, instead of the app. Not sure if that makes a difference.

32 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

@budgerie, I tried and whilst I can watch the other clips, I couldn't watch this particular one of the wedding march in. Couldn't understand the error message, not sure if it says try again or that the video has been removed? I tried countless times but doesn't work. By the way, I was assessing via the web, instead of the app. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I just went in and I could watch it in youku (优酷). Otherwise you try if you can access into sohu (搜狐). I really don't know about web or app. :unsure: Or you go to google search, type in chinese text 张赫婚礼. It should come out under TV Sohu. (Fyi, the chinese text reads zhanghehunli).  

• Thanks 2