Ending thoughts by the 4 leads of MC, Jang Hyuk’s portion :

201911210813410410_5.jpg

Jang Hyuk's presence in the role of Lee Bang-won was absolute. While giving off overwhelming charisma, Jang's creative and new interpretation gave birth to Lee Bang-won, who has never been seen before. Jang said, "It was a long journey. It is regrettable that we are heading toward the end. I thank the director, writer, staff, and fellow seniors for helping me express the character Lee Bang-won at different points in time. I think we had a good experience together," he said. He added, "I wanted to express Lee with emotion, but I feel grateful that it managed to be persuasive. I also wanted to play the role of king with this work at the forefront. "The main theme of the historical drama was to think about its charm and its various interpretations," he said. "I deeply appreciate those who enjoyed watching it." Yi Bang-won, who will open the second prince's strife  as the last step to become king, will hold the plate until the end and shake it. Jang said, "The remaining story depicts the process in which Lee Bang-won, who is perceived as a monarch of desire and blood, has no choice but to take the path. Hwi, Sun-ho, Hee-jae and colleagues are once again going to experience a disastrous pain," he said, adding, "The events taking place in the second prince's strife are exciting. I hope you enjoy watching it until the end. We will also wrap it up well," he said.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201911210813410410

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

41 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I also wanted to play the role of king with this work at the forefront.

Is this a mild spoiler that we will see him ascending the throne? :w00t:

41 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

"The remaining story depicts the process in which Lee Bang-won, who is perceived as a monarch of desire and blood, has no choice but to take the path. Hwi, Sun-ho, Hee-jae and colleagues are once again going to experience a disastrous pain,"

Ouch! Sounds like it's gonna be dramatic and sad??

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Is this a mild spoiler that we will see him ascending the throne? :w00t:

Ouch! Sounds like it's gonna be dramatic and sad??

If we are seeing the Second Strife, we will definitely see him ascending the throne, I don't think it is a spoiler?

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Our Jang Hyuk is so spoilery :phew:

Haha was he? I thought everything he said was quite general lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Haha we (me and @AgnesO) were holding cards with his name, guess he saw that and came to us. But no hugs, there was a barrier between us and beefy security guards around us. 

Can I comment you both are so restraint? I would have embarrassed myself by probably climbing onto the barrier. Who cares about the beefy guards. Heeheehee! :grimace:Some artistes look more handsome in real compared to reel. Is he more handsome in real life?

9 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Basically Pil Joo is a hero in suits! Besides, the drama kept me intrigued because I was anticipating something to happen between Pil Joo and JMR - the sexual tension was just too strong!

Yes. Technically we're supposed to hate PJ because he master minded everything but I (we) ended up loving Pil Joo instead. LMS (JMR) looks good for her age. Apparently her ex husb is a plastic surgeon. She has the classy look when she dresses up. Not many actresses can carry herself this way. As in the chinese saying goes : 姜还是老的辣. This applies to JH and LMS. See the way JH portrayed Pil Joo is so amazing. Not every guy who wears a suit can carry himself like Pil Joo does. 

Is MF a high budget production? JMR and MY got nice dresses. PJ and BC got nice suits too. Everyone seemed to be well dressed. 

I haven't watched My Country and to be honest, not sure if I will watch it. Am a superficial person - if JH is not the lead, I really don't feel like watching. Having said that, reading this thread has kept me abreast of the drama, and I am fine not actually watching it.

So far he has only done Wok of Love and My Country as supporting actor. However, MC is (for me) better than WOL. His screen time in WOL is so little literally can take a "cat nap" and it is still not his screen time. The genre isn't right for me and the lead girl annoyed me tremendously. So I would not recommend you to watch this one. 

MC he got more screen time compared to WOL and whenever he appears, he seemed like the lead. His charisma and his presence and his physique is way superior compared to the actual leads. The initial episodes I saw a mild Bang Won and that wasn't to my liking. I want a warrior Bang Won. But the later episodes when Bang Won seriously meant business, I begin to enjoy the drama (his cut only). The writing still sucks but don't give this one a miss. Watch only Bang Won parts. Hahaha! The angry Bang Won is fierce yo. 

But if his supporting roles aren't appealing to you, I recommend Beautiful Mind if you can get past an ahjusshi and student relationship. I didn't like the pairing for this drama but if you're ok with it, this is a beautiful medical suspense drama. PSY is also in this drama and you may like her in MF but you may dislike her character here. 

By the way, has anyone here thought of how many boxing tshirts JH has? He must have plenty of the same one...

He is loyal to everything isn't he? Loyal to his marriage. To his snack. To his agency. To his boxing attire. To his house. Probably to his car too :joy:

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

It is regrettable that we are heading toward the end.

But I think most of us here are glad it is heading towards the end. 

"The remaining story depicts the process in which Lee Bang-won, who is perceived as a monarch of desire and blood, has no choice but to take the path. Hwi, Sun-ho, Hee-jae and colleagues are once again going to experience a disastrous pain," he said, adding, "The events taking place in the second prince's strife are exciting. 

Oh wow, disastrous pain! This is so telling and keeping me in suspense. All 3 died? I think they will sure show BW ascends the throne. Not highly possible that BW will betray the people who helped him. If 3 die, who is the killer? Hmm...this is exciting.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

He is loyal to everything isn't he? Loyal to his marriage. To his snack. To his agency. To his boxing attire. To his house. Probably to his car too :joy:

HAHAHHAHAA gosh you are right! He doesn’t change anything. Not even who he is. His friends really were speaking the truth both figuratively and literally when they say he doesn’t change LOL. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh wow, disastrous pain! This is so telling and keeping me in suspense. All 3 died? I think they will sure show BW ascends the throne. Not highly possible that BW will betray the people who helped him. If 3 die, who is the killer? Hmm...this is exciting.  

Hwi doesnt need a killer to die, he is already doomed for death with the poison in his body. SH can be killed by BW and HJ can die of grief?

But perhaps u are right, the final twist will be BW betraying Hwi maybe? Since he said they will show how LBW walk on the path of a blood-thristy monarch.

And when are we getting the second BTS ?????

• Like 2

@Prettysup I hope the twist does not involve BW (Suddenly imagined BW dancing “the twist” you know? That old dance? Nevermind) So, I guess the phrase “disastrous pain” for the three leads was a bit spoilery. Killed the minor hope their fans might’ve had of one of them not having a “disastrously painful” ending :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:
27 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hwi doesnt need a killer to die, he is already doomed for death with the poison in his body. SH can be killed by BW and HJ can die of grief?

But perhaps u are right, the final twist will be BW betraying Hwi maybe? Since he said they will show how LBW walk on the path of a blood-thristy monarch.

And when are we getting the second BTS ?

Looks like it.. I think BW will make the most painful decision, which will be to betray the one he trusted the most, Hwi, in order to get what he wants..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup I hope the twist does not involve BW (Suddenly imagined BW dancing “the twist” you know? That old dance? Nevermind) So, I guess the phrase “disastrous pain” for the three leads was a bit spoilery. Killed the minor hope their fans might’ve had of one of them not having a “disastrously painful” ending :rolleyes:

The 'disastrous pain' may not happen at the end? Maybe they will manage to recover from the pain and get have a happy ending after all?

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

26 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Hwi's poison had been in the body since (how many donkey years now) and he still didn't die. Chances are that it will eventually neutralize and Hwi won't die of the poison. Can the writer be more informed about poison?? :blink:Just like how people get stabbed and bled but still survive. 

I would hate this if BW betrayed Hwi and HJ. You don't betray the people who helped you. But how else could he walk on the path of a blood thirsty monarch if he doesn't kill the people who will pose a threat to his kingship. 

We ended episode 14 with Hwi got stabbed by SH. So Hwi didn't die. What could cause Hwi and SH and HJ pain? I still think BW killed all of them. Yucks! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Prettysup said:

18 Seasoned K-Drama Actors Who Always Give Us Butterflies

We have all been through it. You watch a series or catch a glimpse of an actor who makes your heart flutter and when you look up their age, you’re surprised to see how much older they are. This doesn’t take away from the fact that they are totally swoon-worthy and it makes it all the more exciting when you can look up the long history of K-dramas and movies that they may have starred in throughout their life. Win! Here’s a look at 18 K-drama actors who are a bit older and still manage to give us butterflies.

Jang Hyuk

No matter what role Jang Hyuk picks up, he has the acting chops that prove he’s still a force to reckon with. He’s just so good at capturing viewers’ attention and hearts!

Jang Hyuk exudes charisma as Lee Bang Won in “My Country”:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1364361wpp/18-seasoned-k-drama-actors-who-always-give-us-butterflies?fbclid=IwAR30KEsmtYKAK-mu0o-CfBSmnvOfnOrR6Xf-6T4__ikZuoYqE28BYifGvdk

I hope they put him and his smexy fan gif instead. lol. CTH wife is sooo beautiful. Chuckling at the comment that put 30 something actor name. sometimes can't blame them coz not anyone English is their 1st language.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

50 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Some artistes look more handsome in real compared to reel. Is he more handsome in real life?

You can also read about Taiwanese fan's interesting fan account of JH at the Taiwan's fan meeting(In chinese).  https://oneh516.pixnet.net/blog/post/197164224

0426FM4  
總之,他真的好帥!好帥!好帥!好帥!好帥!好帥!(因為非常重要,所以要講六次)好瘦~好有型喔!阿))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))忍不住想再尖叫一下!XDDDD (In short, he is really handsome! So handsome! So handsome! So handsome! So handsome! So handsome! (Because it is very important, so I have to repeat six times) So lean~ Good physique A))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I can't help but want to scream again! XDDDD

0426FM5  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

46 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

They had so many episodes with people telling Hwi that BW will betray him in the end that I’ve kind of been expecting it to happen since they’ve telegraphed all of the drama’s “twists.” Real BW did kill a lot of the people who helped him ascend to the throne. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Some artistes look more handsome in real compared to reel. Is he more handsome in real life?

I believe he look handsome in real life. haha. I watch many interview of him that make ppl instantly commented how handsome he is when they met. One of them is Guerilla Date on KBS. the fan is really starstruck with how he look. lol. 

when someone said you're more handsome than Won Bin, that's something. :lol:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, qynn said:

They had so many episodes with people telling Hwi that BW will betray him in the end that I’ve kind of been expecting it to happen since they’ve telegraphed all of the drama’s “twists.” Real BW did kill a lot of the people who helped him ascend to the throne. 

That’s true, according to wiki, BW did kill a lot of his supporters, even his wife’s brothers and his sons’ in-laws. He was a controversial figure. So let’s be prepared for a bad BW in the end and rem it’s just dramaland and our actor is just doing his job. 

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

I hope they put him and his smexy fan gif instead. 

Yes! Bang Won trademark. As as the scar is Daegil trademark, the laugh is Li Gun trademark, so is the fan BW trademark. Does he carry a fan in SOGC? I cannot remember. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Looks like it.. I think BW will make the most painful decision, which will be to betray the one he trusted the most, Hwi, in order to get what he wants..

Nooooooooooo please noooooooooo!!!! NO! This version of Bangwon does keep his word! Regardless of his many flaws, he is not a traitor.  Don’t ruin him! 

• Like 4