So, after watching almost everything Jang Hyuk has done, I figured I would try watching other kdramas. I tried "Heal me, Kill me", but I found the lead to be boring, so I stopped. I tried Misty, but again, can't stand how bland the male lead is, so I'm fast forwarding just to see if the lying wife will get humbled... And this raises a question- Has Jang Hyuk ruined me for any other Korean actor?! I find I'd rather watch a random interview with Jang Hyuk even without subs so I understand nothing, than watch those other shows... Such a sad state... :) Am I alone in this?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

So, after watching almost everything Jang Hyuk has done, I figured I would try watching other kdramas. I tried "Heal me, Kill me", but I found the lead to be boring, so I stopped. I tried Misty, but again, can't stand how bland the male lead is, so I'm fast forwarding just to see if the lying wife will get humbled... And this raises a question- Has Jang Hyuk ruined me for any other Korean actor?! I find I'd rather watch a random interview with Jang Hyuk even without subs so I understand nothing, than watch those other shows... Such a sad state... :) Am I alone in this?

No..you are not alone. Whatever shows I am watching, I would wonder what if he was the lead.:rolleyes: I usually go for storyline for my drama selection. He is the only one I will watch no matter what the storyline is. Hahaha! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

No..you are not alone. Whatever shows I am watching, I would wonder what if he was the lead.:rolleyes: I usually go for storyline for my drama selection. He is the only one I will watch no matter what the storyline is. Hahaha! 

Same same.... and no matter if he's the lead or not... although I would follow more closely if he's the lead :P

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

You are not alone. All of us here are like that I guess. First time I saw him was in Windstruck which didn't really catch my attention. I had a crush on him when I saw him in Fated to Love You. And he ruined all other actors for me (including hollywood) when I saw him in Beautiful Mind. Watched almost all of his projects after that including interviews without subtitles :D. And like @azureblue7, whenever I watch dramas or movies without him in it, I always think of him being the lead. Oh well, we just have to wait for My Country. I'm so excited to see him in sageuk once again. 

• Like 3

I agree with @jhjswthat all of us are like that. :) A chinese saying 中毒了 (poisoning). No antidote available. At least we're rational fans. We love the man, we love his work, we also love his family. Wonder how does #123 look like. Must be really beautiful (papa & mummy combination).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

had a crush on him when I saw him in Fated to Love You. And he ruined all other actors for me (including hollywood) when I saw him in Beautiful Mind

Hi hi! Same here! His charisma in Beautiful Mind kept me wondering why haven't I seen more of his dramas earlier on and I became curious about the kind of actor and person he is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@azureblue7I love BM. It's a very difficult character to act in. At least Kang Pil Joo still has emotion but Dr Lee has no emotion. :confounded: But I'm curious as to how did he fall in love with his doctor girlfriend if he has no emotion.  

I would like to watch more of his "dark & heavy" roles. He's very good with his eyes & acting with restricted emotion. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@azureblue7I love BM. It's a very difficult character to act in. At least Kang Pil Joo still has emotion but Dr Lee has no emotion. :confounded: But I'm curious as to how did he fall in love with his doctor girlfriend if he has no emotion.  

I would like to watch more of his "dark & heavy" roles. He's very good with his eyes & acting with restricted emotion. 

Yes, it is a challenging character to play.  I like how he played the emotionless Dr Lee and yet still get me to wonder if he was the antagonist at first. And by the way, he was so sexy as the dark Dr Lee at first. And I thought he was amazing towards the end when he somehow slowly changed and he made the adorable and innocent side surface of Dr Lee so naturally. Really brilliant acting by him!  

• Like 2

me too me too. Many interesting dramas are currently airing but I really have no mood to watch. I miss JH.

I saw him first time in Thank you but Beautiful Mind makes me his fan. and I regret for not liking him earlier. :rolleyes:

BM was rejected by many actors but I am glad JH accepted this role. I cannot imagine anyone can be as perfect as him in portraying Dr.LYO. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@nykSame here. So many K drama airing but me have no mood to watch. Please don't kick me if I say this but I find the actors (these days) look like flower vase. I want someone like JH, can do romance, kick, punch, jump, ride horse, swordfighting, whatever & still look handsome. Hard to find another him. He really delivers whatever roles given to him. 

Oh, is it? Many actors rejected the role in BM? I cannot imagine anyone else playing Dr Lee except JH. It's not a likeable character to begin with. In the beginning Dr Lee was curt in his mannerism. Plus, it's a medical genre. And if the actor isn't of JH acting level & as handsome as JH, not many going to watch it. 

However, even with JH in it, the rating is low. Not many like to watch medical drama. I think many still like to watch cinderella genre. I was so annoyed when they slashed 2 episodes! Thus making the ending so rushed! Come on, give Dr Lee some time for romance after his lung removal.  :rolleyes:

@azureblue7the scene when he confessed to his (police) girlfriend that he has fallen for her, oh goodness his eyes! If I have someone looked at me like this & confessing, I don't need to think. Immediately the answer is YES. Also when he had his 1st kiss from her, he was like....shy shy shy. So adorable. Actually I kind of pity PSY. In both drama, BM & MF, she didnt get kissed by him (hahaha). In MF, she kissed him but he didn't respond which got me real annoyed. At least kiss her back, Pil Joo. Haiz! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

55 minutes ago, budgerie said:

want someone like JH, can do romance, kick, punch, jump, ride horse, swordfighting, whatever & still look handsome. Hard to find another him. He really delivers whatever roles given to him. 

Even if someone or a few can do what he does, they still can't make my heart flutter like he does.. and I am someone who doesn't really fall for actors after watching many many dramas and shows.. He charms in the roles he plays and oozes as much charm or even more as himself too!  Love his cute and humble personality offscreen. 

And he is really versatile! Look at the pic below..faint.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh, is it? Many actors rejected the role in BM? I cannot imagine anyone else playing Dr Lee except JH. It's not a likeable character to begin with. In the beginning Dr Lee was curt in his mannerism. Plus, it's a medical genre. And if the actor isn't of JH acting level & as handsome as JH, not many going to watch it. 

Yeah you can refer to this link. JH is the sixth actor that they offered the role to. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/26/jang-hyuk-confirmed-for-kbs-drama-beautiful-mind-alongside-yoon-hyun-min-and-park-se-young/

3 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

And he is really versatile! Look at the pic below..faint.

so manly and sexy!! :wub:

I wish I could go back in time to save all the photos. He had done so many photoshoot in the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyk said:

Yeah you can refer to this link. JH is the sixth actor that they offered the role to. 

http://koalasplayground.co

And he was originally offered the lead role for "Doctors" (Later taken up by Kim Rae Won) but he decided to take on BM instead. Guess he likes to take challenging roles and I am so glad he did! Otherwise I wouldn't even get to know him!

2 hours ago, nyk said:

so manly and sexy!! :wub:

I wish I could go back in time to save all the photos. He had done so many photoshoot in the past. 

Yes!!! Me too!

12 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

And he was originally offered the lead role for "Doctors" (Later taken up by Kim Rae Won) but he decided to take on BM instead. Guess he likes to take challenging roles and I am so glad he did! Otherwise I wouldn't even get to know him!

Yes!!! Me too!

ohh!! I never knew that. :blink:

yess I think the good thing is we get to know him through BM. haha 

• Love 1

Wooh! Those pics @azureblue7posted. Am I allowed to say I'm so envy his wife? 

Thankfully he did BM instead of Doctor. The character is very challenging to act out. Only that I find his (police) girlfriend - I forgot her onscreen name, is not so matching with him. To me, it looked like a teenager dating Ajusshi. ^_^

So he has acted as a doctor (BM + Thank You), acted as a lawyer (MF + Midas), acted as a prosecutor (Ordinary Man), acted as a prince (SOGC + Empire of Lust), acted as a police (Voice + Urban Cop), acted as a firefighter (Flu), acted as a merchant (Gaekju),  acted as a boxer (Bad Papa), acted as a businessman (FTLY), the list goes on....what has he not acted?  Hmm....

Oh oh, did you watch his speech when he took award in 2007? I believe that time he hasn't announced his wedding. He "hesitated" for a moment & gave a "grin". I think he wanted to thank his girlfriend but later changed it to family. Kind of cute his face. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jhjsw said:

You are not alone. All of us here are like that I guess. First time I saw him was in Windstruck which didn't really catch my attention. I had a crush on him when I saw him in Fated to Love You. And he ruined all other actors for me (including hollywood) when I saw him in Beautiful Mind. Watched almost all of his projects after that including interviews without subtitles :D. And like @azureblue7, whenever I watch dramas or movies without him in it, I always think of him being the lead. Oh well, we just have to wait for My Country. I'm so excited to see him in sageuk once again. 

This is so funny- my JH fan story is very similar to yours- I first saw him in Fated to love me and thought he was great, but I kinda figured it was the writing that allowed him to shine (only later did I found out that he was mostly responsible for the greatness that Lee Gunn was...). And than I saw Beautiful Mind and I was blown away! His portrayal of a character with anti-social disorder was the best I've ever seen, and that is including Dexter and other american shows. This was when I realized JH was something special...
It's even funnier that you mention BM, because just before I tried other non-JH, I re-watched BM (for the fourth time :)  ). After I couldn't stand watching those shows for their lack of JH goodness, I started to watch random episodes of Real Men, to get the taste out, and, embarrassingly, BM again... 
It's good to know I'm not alone here... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is so funny- my JH fan story is very similar to yours- I first saw him in Fated to love me and thought he was great, but I kinda figured it was the writing that allowed him to shine (only later did I found out that he was mostly responsible for the greatness that Lee Gunn was...). And than I saw Beautiful Mind and I was blown away! His portrayal of a character with anti-social disorder was the best I've ever seen, and that is including Dexter and other american shows. This was when I realized JH was something special...
It's even funnier that you mention BM, because just before I tried other non-JH, I re-watched BM (for the fourth time :)  ). After I couldn't stand watching those shows for their lack of JH goodness, I started to watch random episodes of Real Men, to get the taste out, and, embarrassingly, BM again... 
It's good to know I'm not alone here... 

What I love about him is that if he plays a certain character, people will always say that there is no one else that could do better than he did in portraying that character. Unlike other actors, you can imagine others playing the certain role but not for Jang Hyuk. That's what makes him brilliant. I am really glad that the other first choices for lead in BM rejected the role, because no one can play Dr. Lee Young Oh better than him. Plus BM has one of the most amazing character development I've seen in all the dramas I've watched. Now I am thinking of watching it for the 4th time. :D:D:D

I hope someone out there will be an angel and do english subtitles for all episodes of Hyukie in Real Men. I am missing a lot. :bawling:

• Like 2

Ya.. the English subtitles and sometimes even the Chinese subtitles for Real men can be hard to find or non existent. 

Doing subtitles is really tedious. I tried subbing parts of them in my IG posts but it took so long for each 1 min clip..cannot imagine 1 hour. Need an expert's help.:sweatingbullets:

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

• Like 1