@budgerie Thanks again! The king did not die, he abdicated leaving the throne to Bang Hwa his oldest available son (I mentioned this before and it’s also on wikipedia lol), but the king took the royal seal with him, thus holding still the power to make important decisions (they are following history in this respect) Next will be Bang Gan’s revolt or what is known as “The second strife of princes” 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

continue from ep 14

king is adamant not to let rising up the throne through blood. He is confined in the palace ground but Hui Jae said king will find ways to come out and by the time, it is her duty (illawaru) to stop the king.

another time jump?? It is said that BW hasn't carried his sword for a long time?? And hasn't trained his army for a long time....?? He is just pretending to be a drunkard so that he is not the suspect any more. Old king is still adamant to rid Bang Won.

Bang Won (with new hairstyle) is planning to lure BG to a certain place. Hwi and Hui Jae is in collaboration with him. 

Seon Ho wants to team up with BG. He said if BG don't team up with him, BW will kill him. BG said if BW die, he (BG) will be king. SH wants to kill BW for a long time already but is still not done.

(to be continued)....

• Like 3

Too bad ratings have dropped! I guess in such case the good thing is JH doesn’t have to bear the burden like if he was the lead. Actually, not that I think the leads should bear any burden at all, I think there is more to ratings than that but ppl always first think of actors than the behind the scenes people. I agree with some of you that the writer seemed to have lost the plot bit.  

With Nam Jeon dead, the overarching story is not so prominent and Hwi, SH and HJ seem to not know what they are fighting for or fighting for odd reasons (like SH). The dynamics have definitely shifted to LSG and The Bangs haha but yet it’s not the main story which was developed in detail so it doesn’t seem as solid. 

Its interesting that naver comments pointed out about the plot, and it’s also interesting that they are unhappy about the immortality of characters when stabbed haha! I’ve always felt it was absurd how they miraculously survive arrows and sword stabs but just chose to close one eye because it happened too frequent. Seems like knetz are not that forgiving haha. 

One more week to go! Then we can look forward to his next OCN drama. Fingers crossed a couple of interviews in between and some good promo from OCN :)

• Like 5

My Country ep 14 Knetz comments

"My country" Jang Hyuk, confrontation with Lee Seung-gye ..." "You’ll just be an old man."
1.    The title of this article. Lee Bang-won by Jang Hyuk, and Lee Sung-gye by Kim Young-chul. If you wrote Jang Hyuk, I think it would be right to write Kim Young-chul at the back. (+91 -1)
2.    Wasn't Jang Hyuk's past life is Lee Bang-won? Why are you being so good? (+61 -0)
3.    Yang Se-jong is not the main character, but Jang Hyuk is like the main character. (+56 -1)
4.    Wow, Jang Hyuk you're older than you thought. You're talking to Lee Seong-gye, the founder of Joseon Dynasty (+18 -0)
5.    Lee Seong-gye and Lee Bang-won weren't really on bad terms with each other. Lee Seong-gye had a record of worrying that Lee Bang-won might get ill even when he went to the Ming Dynasty as an envoy. Lee Bang-won respected his father and treated him with filial piety after his abdication. The value of filial piety was important in the country. (+10 -2)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003236261

1.    The moment when Bang-won and Hwi checked with each other the meaning of their countries, that’s the existence of this drama. Jang Hyuk is so cool. (+84 -1)
2.    Jang Hyuk, Lee Bang-won, Aura…  Gradually changing into the leadership mode of Taejong. (+51 -0)
3.    Jang Hyuk, Lee Bang Won, you’re the only one who can do it ᅲᅲᅲᅲ This drama re-enacts Jang-hyuk, regardless of quantity. (+45 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0003236250

0000642516_001_20191117080700783.jpg?typ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Episode 14

BIG TIME JUMP : King abdicate. Who became king? I am confused. THIS IS BAD. SUDDEN TIME JUMP. And BW dressed in normal clothes with untidy hairstyle. 

BW wants the new king to lay down foundation for the country (meaning name the next in line). King said I still don't know who yet. 

Time jump of 2 years. The king is now Bang Gwa, the second brother who was the oldest. 

And I think the change in hairstyle is to reflect BW trying to fool others thinking he is weakening and having no ambitions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Its interesting that naver comments pointed out about the plot, and it’s also interesting that they are unhappy about the immortality of characters when stabbed haha! I’ve always felt it was absurd how they miraculously survive arrows and sword stabs but just chose to close one eye because it happened too frequent. Seems like knetz are not that forgiving haha. 

One more week to go! Then we can look forward to his next OCN drama. Fingers crossed a couple of interviews in between and some good promo from OCN :)

Yeah at the end I was just rolling my eyes thinking “Not again?” haha... but just one more week to go! I think the OCN director is getting impatient already 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Sorry to interrupt, I know I am so late for this topic but I want to tell that JH does have freckles and cute birthmark on his cheek.

His freckles are not clearly visible unless we zoom to his face. 

Wow! Actually I didn't notice he has quite a number of moles on his face...because  he looks so handsome  barefaced too. His good looking features are just too distracting. Haha. :wub:

@budgerie Thank you so much for the translation! At least I get the gist of what is going on in the last 2 eps.

43 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And I think the change in hairstyle is to reflect BW trying to fool others thinking he is weakening and having no ambitions. 

I also think it is part of his strategy to trick BG into believing that he is now vulnerable to attack. I wonder why is there no preview to ep 15. Are they still filming it? I really marvel at JH's ability to pull off that messy hair.. Not really to my liking.. I think he will change it in the last 2 eps as he is more "sober" then.

42 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah at the end I was just rolling my eyes thinking “Not again?” haha... but just one more week to go! I think the OCN director is getting impatient already 

We are also getting impatient too! Especially about his image.. haha.

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Next will be Bang Gan’s revolt or what is known as “The second strife of princes” 

I want to see him don that war gear armour again...:rolleyes:

• Like 3

(last part of ep 14)

I thought the palace is heavily guarded. But Seon Ho can sneak in easily and be in close contact with the king. Doesn't the king recognise that is Seon Ho in disguise? Am I the only one hating the king now? He is planning to revenge again? 

Ok but Hwi is loyal to Bang Won. When the 2 boys met again, Seon Ho said, in his world, there is no Bang Won and no Hwi. Than he stabbed Hwi. 

There is no preview for episode 15. (sorry for my amateur recap & translation). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Too bad ratings have dropped! I guess in such case the good thing is JH doesn’t have to bear the burden like if he was the lead. Actually, not that I think the leads should bear any burden at all, I think there is more to ratings than that but ppl always first think of actors than the behind the scenes people. I agree with some of you that the writer seemed to have lost the plot bit.  

What a waste of ep 13 and 14. Bang Won had significant screen time and he is getting fierce. Thankfully he isn't the lead. Doesn't need to bear the "responsibilities" of dropped ratings. 

With Nam Jeon dead, the overarching story is not so prominent and Hwi, SH and HJ seem to not know what they are fighting for or fighting for odd reasons (like SH). The dynamics have definitely shifted to LSG and The Bangs haha but yet it’s not the main story which was developed in detail so it doesn’t seem as solid.

There is no preview for ep 15 and still no english sub for ep 13 and ep 14. The plot is so jumpy like it was in the beginning. 

You think Hwi will survive the stab from SH? I think so he will miraculously survive like SH did. Hui Jae also survived a stab. Lol. People in this drama survived stabbings. 

57 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Messy hair and drunk Bang-won who seemed to have "lost" his archery skills.

And he blamed it on his shoe. At the end he asked his man to change his shoe. Heeheehee! 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, budgerie said:

What a waste of ep 13 and 14. Bang Won had significant screen time and he is getting fierce. Thankfully he isn't the lead. Doesn't need to bear the "responsibilities" of dropped ratings. 

There is no preview for ep 15 and still no english sub for ep 13 and ep 14. The plot is so jumpy like it was in the beginning. 

You think Hwi will survive the stab from SH? I think so he will miraculously survive like SH did. Lol.

And he blamed it on his shoe. At the end he asked his man to change his shoe. Heeheehee! 

I was thinking the drop in ratings could be due to the baseball matches? Korea was playing against Mexico and Japan the last 2 nights. SBS suspended its drama this week.

And of coz Hwi will survive the stab. Knetz have commented that this show is about phoenixes, who can all come back to life after dying hahaha

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I was thinking the drop in ratings could be due to the baseball matches? Korea was playing against Mexico and Japan the last 2 nights. SBS suspended its drama this week.

And of coz Hwi will survive the stab. Knetz have commented that this show is about phoenixes, who can all come back to life after dying hahaha

Oh. I thought the dropped rating was due to no subtitle than I figured out koreans need no subtitles. :sweat_smile: I enjoyed ep 13 and ep 14 because BW is getting fierce and no nonsense. He had gotten enough of his father. Good one Bang Won. Like it when he is in his drunkard state to make BG and old king believe he is no longer a threat. What a marvelous performance JH did there at the archery ground. Can blame his shoe some more :joy: I like it when he acts this way. The cannot be bothered way. He is damn good in it.

Wait...did he blame it on his shoe or on the arrow board? I remember reading a shoe...hahaha! 

It is like no kick any more. Usually when people got stabbed, we will be wondering oh dear, will he or she survive? But in this drama, we know the ones who got stabbed will survive so it becomes so predicted. 

Btw, why no preview for ep 15? Still filming?  

• Like 4

A comment that I came across from a chinese netizen : commented that because she/he had watched 6 flying dragon and knew the story of Bang Won more in detailed, coming here to MC, the drama was such a disappointment. Only watching for the sake of JH. The plot is a mess. Making a mess of BW real life story. Netizen said it is not the fault of the artistes or the director because they are just following the script but the fault lies with the writer because she wrote a mess. :sweat_smile:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Btw, why no preview for ep 15? Still filming?  

The support truck picture that we saw yesterday indicates they are still filming, and BW still with messy hair. Hmmm.. but since WDH cut his hair, I guess NSH should be dead already? But why is BW not king yet? Anyway one more week to go, there is supposed to be some twist at the end. We shall see then.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

‘My Country’ Jang Hyuk, indisputable explosive acting. ... Top 4 best scenes.

Actor Jang Hyuk is making his drama more brilliant with his explosive hot performance every time in JTBC 's My Country.

Lee Bang-won (Jang Hyuk) stood in front of his father Lee Seong-gye (Kim Young-chul) and made a great contribution towards the founding of the country. But instead of being trusted by his father, he is being abandoned by the king, which depicts the confrontation between the relationship between the father and son rather than the relationship between the monarch and his subordinate.

In response, we have picked the 4 best scenes of Lee Bang-won, which gives viewers joy with his indisputable acting skills every week.

* Episode 4 :  Start of confrontation. a feast of beautiful acting

The beginning of a desire to create his own country. He told Nam Jeon, “The new world is not yours, it is my father's. It is my father's country, and my country," humiliating and crushing the latter’s pride. However instead of receiving praise from his father, Lee Bang-won was reprimanded by Lee Seung-gye for what he did to Nam Jeon. Lee Seung-gye made Bang-won kneel down, and the prelude to the confrontation with his father who had abandoned him was started.

* Episode 8 : The blood buried in the hand is like a tattoo 

The scene of Lee Bang-won venting his woeful yet intolerable anger, which has been engulfed in betrayal and anger at Lee Seong-gye, who wants to make his youngest son the crown prince rather than himself. "The blood shed for you is tattooed in this hand, and the crown prince has been named." This scene, in which Lee Bang-won expressed his feelings at not gaining the trust of his father, but awakened the revolution.

* Episode 12: Broken stone bridge. The broken bond between the king and his subjects as well as that between a father and his son

Before the first strife of the princes, Lee Bang-won went to visit Lee Sung-gye hoping to hear a word of acknowledgement. However Lee Sung-gye continued to draw the line between himself and Lee Bang-won, and Lee Bang-won finally locked his father in by ordering his men to cut off the stone bridge. It completely severed the relationship between the monarch and his subjects, as well as between the father and son. Jang Hyuk completed this act with a calm performance in the situation where Bang-won had no choice but to sever his ties.

* Episode 14 : Strong belief in 'My Country' drawn by Lee Bang-won

From beginning to end, there was only one "My Country" drawn by Lee Bang-won. A country for the abandoned. He wanted to build a proper country for the abandoned, and he dreamed of a new country with his sword, Hwi (Yang Se-jong) to make it. Whenever he described his country, Lee Bang-won’s lingering look and firm tone, as well as his firm belief, was conveyed to viewers beyond the screen.

20191117132545_5dd0cbc96e58f_1.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/201911172925I

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

‘My Country’ Jang Hyuk, indisputable explosive acting. ... Top 4 best scenes

Love this article! Ain’t it wonderful to know that everyone is praising his performance. The only downside is the lackadaisical ratings due to the subpar writing. 

Otherwise, I’d say that his performance is on par with MF. Just a different kind of performance here. Both are unique in their own ways. 

I will continue keeping my fingers crossed for another instance with JH will meet a great director with great writer and a great cast just like in MF.

He’s done so well this time, I hope he gets a good Christmas break with his family in between the OCN thriller. Wonder if he will get a break after My Country or straight to work again. If it’s not preproduced drama and live drama, how early do they usually start shooting? 1 month before? 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Love this article! Ain’t it wonderful to know that everyone is praising his performance. The only downside is the lackadaisical ratings due to the subpar writing. 

Truly and honestly feel so happy for him. Hope that this stellar performance of his will win him more good contracts, good roles, good production team, good SCRIPTS and good WRITERS. :glasses:

Otherwise, I’d say that his performance is on par with MF. Just a different kind of performance here. Both are unique in their own ways.

Definitely unique. I rather his acting here than compared to SOGC. In a span of 4 years since SOGC, his acting reached a new high level. This man really can do all sorts of genre.  

He’s done so well this time, I hope he gets a good Christmas break with his family in between the OCN thriller. Wonder if he will get a break after My Country or straight to work again. If it’s not preproduced drama and live drama, how early do they usually start shooting? 1 month before? 

Hope to see him there at the award ceremony. He definitely deserved! Frankly, the pillar of the drama are Bang Won, King, Nam Jeon. 

We were so pampered in 2018 with 3 drama back-to-back. MF-WOL-Bad Papa. Hope that we will get a back-to-back too in 2019, something for us to look forward to. MC-See it as you call it- (     ) But that would mean he is going to be overworked and less time for family. :grimace:

• Like 4