1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Oops! Am I the weird one? I didn't feel any thing strange about the bromance. I thought it was really "family closeness" and "comfortable" with each other. Then again, this is k culture. Maybe it looked strange to us but not for koreans. 

Well, remember in the rehearsals when Jang Seung-Jo hugged JH while caressing his back? It was odd enough for JH to turn to him and tell him he doesn't like men. :lol: There was definitely a bit too much touching, mostly from Boo-Cheon side, and close talking for it to be just a regular friendship. I don't know if it was the director or writer playing out a fantasy or just the actor reacting to just how cute JH really is. :relaxed:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

for all we know, Pill Joo was a virgin :) 

Aren't we too detailed? :joy:

I didn't mind too if Pil Joo was with BC mistress. It was so sad that he came out of prison alone. I thought it would be nice if she and the kid went to fetch him. Afterall, he helped her to stand on her feet again after what BC did to her. Pil Joo helped her alot. 

As for Seung Jo hugging JH when they were rehearsing, I saw it as a mischievious boy's act. Lol. The kid just love brother Hyuk. Heeheehee! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 11/12/2019 at 10:31 AM, budgerie said:

Sorry I go off topic for a moment. This is for @fiesty8001the drama which I told you about with the same actor in Nirvana. There are many adaptation so I just post a mv here for you. His is the 2008 edition. It is said that this is his masterpiece (just as Daegil was JH masterpiece). My apology to everyone for going off topic for a moment. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yWNdXzWO4&lc=UgioSHn4Qml07XgCoAEC

Thanks I'll surely give it a try.:D

Why are you apologizing? Half the time all of commentators are off topic in this thread besides you are not supposed to keep good stuff only to yourself. :lol:

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

This applies too Lee Gun too :P:wub:

Nope, I couldn't stand Li Gun first half of the drama hair. :sweat_smile: 

How did you feel about MF ending? Did you want PJ and MH to be together? For me, maybe initially at that moment I found the ending so abrupt but after thinking awhile, nope, I don't want MH to be with PJ. I want PJ to meet a (new) girl but unfortunately there is no new girl in the drama for him to meet :triumph:. I don't mind if PJ goes with Secretary An, although it truly looked so mismatch.   

36 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Thanks I'll surely give it a try.:D

Why are you apologizing? Half the time all of commentators are off topic in this thread besides you are not supposed to keep good stuff only to yourself. :lol:

Isn't this a JH thread only? :grimace: I hope you will enjoy the drama (Legend). His chemistry with Ariel Lin is very good. The beginning is quite confusing as it is in every period drama. But once you get the couple out, it gets interesting.  

• Like 1

After sharing my story of how I came to love JH, I went to rewatch some of the FTLY clips. 

Oh, how much I miss the happy, funny and warm JH. I truly miss his genuine smile and his laughs. Most of his shows I watched have been very serious, he has not had enough chance to crack out that beautiful smile of his. Him playing Lee Bang Won is amazing but mostly a wistful character. And his next OCN drama will be quite dark too without much happiness he can show, it seems. 

Will we be able to see a joyful, charming JH character/role on our screens after the OCN thriller? *Fingers crossed*

• Like 4

22 hours ago, budgerie said:

Food for thought right? I am so self contradicting. One hand wants him to have lots screen time. Other hand wants him to be happy, to act the roles he truly desires and not just jump into any roles, have lots of time with his family and take care of his health. 

This is the dilemma of a fan.  I'm also aware of his age, and know there'll come a time he'll gradually have to take on supporting role, or even lesser of him.  So I want to see him on screen now as much as possible, and treasure every appearance of him on screen.  Afterall,  I'm first attracted to him because of his screen presence and passionate acting, and of course his handsome face.

But I have to say, I'm proud of his supporting roles so far.  The impact he has created with the little screen time he has makes me glad that I'm his fan. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

After sharing my story of how I came to love JH, I went to rewatch some of the FTLY clips. 

Oh, how much I miss the happy, funny and warm JH. I truly miss his genuine smile and his laughs. Most of his shows I watched have been very serious, he has not had enough chance to crack out that beautiful smile of his. Him playing Lee Bang Won is amazing but mostly a wistful character. And his next OCN drama will be quite dark too without much happiness he can show, it seems. 

Will we be able to see a joyful, charming JH character/role on our screens after the OCN thriller? *Fingers crossed*

Actually I noticed his drama are mostly specific genre that not (always) the general public likes. Example : Voice, Iris, Bad PP, BM, MC and maybe his new drama. 

For me, if I want to see his genuine smile and laugh, I go back to DB or Friends in Croatia. :blush:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, budgerie said:

For me, if I want to see his genuine smile and laugh, I go back to DB or Friends in Croatia.

Ah I need to find the full subbed version of Friends in Croatia. Youtube seems to only have Episode 4. 

Have you guys seen this video? He has such a vast collection of DVDs!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

It was only after that, that I was blown away by his "eye acting" in MF. Could you believe it, initially I was thinking - this main lead is not very handsome (maybe he was too clean shaven and too fair in the show, I don't know what I was thinking at that moment???!!! :crazy:) but after that when he started to act, and how he portrayed Pil Joo in such a composed and sexy manner, that was when I said ok this guy is handsome haha.

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Lol!! I was like that too when I first watched FTLY and BM.  No wonder kfangurl mentioned that JH's charm is best appreciated when he is in motion. (Read her awesome review on Money flower at  https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefangirlverdict.com/2018/02/10/review-money-flower/amp/) His looks kinda of grows on you,  the more you watch him, the more handsome and charming he is , until you become addicted to his looks and acting..haha!

Same here.  I get to know JH in Chuno.  I started on Chuno because of another actor who is not the lead.  At that time I'm thinking to myself, the lead like not very handsome leh, with messy long hair and rugged look.  But as I watched, I find myself gradually attracted to this guy 'with the eyes', and his energetic movement and acting. He just capture me with his unbelieveable screen presence.  Then I started to search his other dramas.  My 2nd one is Robber of my Heart.  And he stole my heart completely after this.  Its one drama after another.  

I feel JH is a package.  You get attracted to him because he's a lot of things joined together into one attractive package - his magnetic eyes, nose and lips, his acting, his passion, his perfect physique, his personality AND his energetic movements.  I love to see him in action! This guy is beautiful in action!  The more you look at him, the more attractive he becomes.  

Ok , better stop my fangirling now or I can go non-stop, haha...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Ah I need to find the full subbed version of Friends in Croatia. Youtube seems to only have Episode 4. 

Have you guys seen this video? He has such a vast collection of DVDs!

Yup. Saw this video. It was first aired in 2004. I think before his military.

As for Friends in Croatia, 哔哩哔哩 website has the full programme with chinese subtitle. 

• Like 1

@Biology Lesson Piljoo definitely was sensual with almost everyone except Moo Hyun lol. I saw him as a vampire sometimes, using power of seduction to persuade his prey. He definitely used it with Mal Ran, and to me it was all the time, with the hand touching and kissing and those stares. The drama created all those “have they done it or not?” moments too, purposely vague just to mess with people’s minds. So the audience may chose to believe that Piljoo is a virgin or they may choose to believe he is not. It all depends on how far you think Piljoo was willing to go for his revenge (but then I suppose, the “romantic” moment with Mal Ran prior to the big reveal would have been anti climactic, if they had actually has been lovers) still, there is room for fantasizing about it and that’s these creators aim for. BTW, I think he has chemistry with Park Se Young, there is a lot of potential there, its not the actors lacking chemistry here, but their story. However, I was yearning for them to kiss, especially in that scene when he said goodbye to her towards the end. I saw their chemistry already in Beautiful Mind, especially in their confrontational scenes. Every time he whispered threats on her ear was uffff

@budgerie Kdrama is not even subtle with the homo-erotism sometimes. They are doing it with the two boys in My Country too (Even your blade is affectionate? Hello?) And Bangwon’s “He is my man” etc Of course they do all these things in a way that the audience may choose to ignore it completely. But then you have people fantasizing about these and creating “ships” and creating fanfic and fanart based on those. You see that in every culture really, we are all about “ships” now, american shows, british shows, in some cases the creators did not intend anything but a true bromance or sismance (? Lol) but the pairing has strong on screen chemistry so the audience goes wild and runs with it on their own and sometimes the creators clearly do it on purpose or at least throw some “fan servicy” lines to trigger those fans imagination. They did it with Sherlock-John, I remember the famous case of Xena the warrior princess and Gabrielle, her sidekick, they started out like regular hero - sidekick and as time went by they almost became a couple, based on audience’s response Creators just made them too cheesy obvious for my taste lol. In the case of My Country it is so obvious the creator meant the audience to “fall in love” with the two boys and that’s why they act like star crossed lovers with the long stares and whatnot. Bromances CAN be done without adding those almost romantic moments lol but they chose to do it this way. 

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

54 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Actually I noticed his drama are mostly specific genre that not (always) the general public likes. Example : Voice, Iris, Bad PP, BM, MC and maybe his new drama. 

For me, if I want to see his genuine smile and laugh, I go back to DB or Friends in Croatia. :blush:

Oh but I like! That’s why he suits me hahaha 

Hmmm why no new BTS today? Been waiting the whole day for it. Usually they come on Tues and Wed, 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh but I like! That’s why he suits me hahaha 

Hmmm why no new BTS today? Been waiting the whole day for it. Usually they come on Tues and Wed, 

You are really super fast with posting all his (latest) stuff. Just wanna say THANK YOU SO MUCH ya. And thank you for this photo of Pil Joo too.  

Those that I mentioned, only Iris I don't like because the drama is so difficult to watch (for me) like those spy spy stuff. And hate it he had to die. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

You can see him acting almost like Lee Gun in Shine or go crazy (it bothered me at the time, it seems JH had a hard time letting go of LG completely, but he did eventually so its ok) I have many issues with that drama, low production value (looked cheap) and hated the ending BUT, it did have really good moments, and he had good chemistry, romance and kissing with the female lead. The first half of the drama is like a romcom - sageuk. Although his look isn’t good at first, it improves later. 

In WOL, he is soft, sweet, adorable and tugs at your heart. You’ll see him smile but its sad because all his romantic energy (which he totally exudes in it) will go to waste. It’s unrequited love angst for him. I’d skip everything else, I found the drama boring but I know there’s people who liked it and it is a romcom

In Beautiful Mind, while the pairing is awkward, I personally grew to love them very much. I loved the “wifi” couple and their special connection. One of my favorite pairings for him (even though you won’t feel it during first episodes) 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You are really super fast with posting all his (latest) stuff. Just wanna say THANK YOU SO MUCH ya. And thank you for this photo of Pil Joo too.  

Those that I mentioned, only Iris I don't like because the drama is so difficult to watch (for me) like those spy spy stuff. And hate it he had to die. 

Oh ur profile pic? Haha.. nice!! 

I like action dramas so Iris2 suits me well, except that hair but I also grew to accept it eventually haha. 

42 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Same here.  I get to know JH in Chuno.  I started on Chuno because of another actor who is not the lead.  At that time I'm thinking to myself, the lead like not very handsome leh, with messy long hair and rugged look.  But as I watched, I find myself gradually attracted to this guy 'with the eyes', and his energetic movement and acting. He just capture me with his unbelieveable screen presence.  Then I started to search his other dramas.  My 2nd one is Robber of my Heart.  And he stole my heart completely after this.  Its one drama after another.  

Haha I also did not expect to fall in love with that messy long hair Daegil when I first saw the stills only. Indeed he looks better in action. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Piljoo definitely was sensual with almost everyone except Moo Hyun lol. I saw him as a vampire sometimes, using power of seduction to persuade his prey. He definitely used it with Mal Ran, and to me it was all the time, with the hand touching and kissing and those stares. The drama created all those “have they done it or not?” moments too, purposely vague just to mess with people’s minds. So the audience may chose to believe that Piljoo is a virgin or they may choose to believe he is not. It all depends on how far you think Piljoo was willing to go for his revenge (but then I suppose, the “romantic” moment with Mal Ran prior to the big reveal would have been anti climactic, if they had actually has been lovers) still, there is room for fantasizing about it and that’s these creators aim for.

The writer for MF is very smart in the way she writes. Makes us wonder if PJ and MR had slept together or not. Some of us believe no. Others believe yes. 

I would like to believe no but when PJ said he knows her top to bottom or inside out, can't remember which one now, usually when you say that to someone is an indication that they have had sex. CONFUSE confuse confuse! 

Let me be naughty here - I read a comment on JH horse riding in Friends in Croatia, the writer wrote, see the way JH rides his horse, his wife is 1 lucky lady. :wub: aha hahaha....

Every time he whispered threats on her ear was uffff

Is it a JH thing? He seem to like whispering at people ear. I feel so .......I would laugh crazy if I am Mal Ran. Or I would melt instantly. :wub: 

@budgerie Kdrama is not even subtle with the homo-erotism sometimes. They are doing it with the two boys in My Country too (Even your blade is affectionate? Hello?) And Bangwon’s “He is my man” etc Of course they do all these

things in a way that the audience may choose to ignore it completely.

Really I don't feel any thing extraordinary. I just feel bromance. As for "he is my man" sounds common to me because in C period drama - you hear this quite often 他是我的人.....(he is my man). :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1

11 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

The first half of the drama is like a romcom - sageuk. Although his look isn’t good at first, it improves later. 

I like that drama for its heart fluttering moments. It is the drama to watch when I missed him as Lee Gun. But I agree that his look isn't good at first. I always feel it is because his makeup artist used too dark a foundation colour for him. He has beautiful fair skin tone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I like that drama for its heart fluttering moments. It is the drama to watch when I missed him as Lee Gun. But I agree that his look isn't good at first. I always feel it is because his makeup artist used too dark a foundation colour for him. He has beautiful fair skin tone.

I like his look! I like him with hair half tied up. Moustache. A little untidy looking.....but when he acted loud or act funny, it was a resemblance of Li Gun. 

Am I the only one who likes Honey Lee in this drama? B)

• Like 1