2 hours ago, yoeda said:

the viewers rating darling. You can understand it better here.

https://www.soompi.com/article/364303wpp/south-korea-tv-ratings-tns-vs-ac-nielsen

Thanks @Prettysup @yoeda I initially thought 20% means 20% of the korea population watching the drama. :joy:

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Still long hair

Was there someone who wore same clothes as him? I thought I saw 2 image but that person hair is different. My eyes tricking me??

35 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

He always had expressive eyes and screen presence.:lol:

Yes. His eyes does the acting! He should act a role which he is a mute person. Only rely on his eyes. He will be good in that. 

I like his roles to be composed, mature and quiet. Maybe also why I like his role in MF, BM, BPP and now MC. His role in TY isn't that quiet though. Hate it when he kicks the dog house. :triumph:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

If I have to say the same line over and over again, I will laugh crazy too!

Is this the girl that when you search for Jang Hyuk wife, you see her dressed in yellow? Is she the one that he said he treated like a sister and calls her by name instead of adding a "shi" behind her name? She was the one who tattled on him right? :grimace:Hope they can act together again. She has chemistry with him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MopzEwrN9es

• LOL 1

22 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

idn't he say he actually has a phobia of water since the filming of Windstruck? If I'm not mistaken he said that they had a scene in the water in which he almost drowned. 

I think this is the BTS of it. You can see the girl screaming out of panic in the beginning. JH is quiet, but I think this was really traumatizing to him. Also- notice that the girl is actually massaging his chest! I'm quite certain that's dangerous. This entire clip is horrifying...

Ya when I first saw this bts,  I felt sorry for both the girl and him.  Its such a difficult scene, and the director seems to be scolding, whoever it is... felt stressed for JH and the girl. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, budgerie said:

21 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

seems like that scandal was the best thing that ever happened to him. He himself said that before the army he was on his way to becoming someone he didn't like. Not many actors get a reality check like he got...

Yup. The scandal turned out to be a blessing instead. I believe if he hadn't gone through the scandal and everything was smooth sailing, he will turned out to be NOT the JH we all love so much now. Because he might feel all that glitters is gold. 

That's provided he learnt from his mistakes and experience.  Not all who went through the same experience turned out well.  I'm glad he's the former.  There's such a drastic change after his military, not only in his personality and outlook in life, but also the way he act.  I don't know how to describe... more mature, and more feeling to it.  

So ya, it turns out to be a blessing for him, and for us as well :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, budgerie said:

Probably his way of cutting down is to cut down lead roles and cut down filming time. Maybe more supporting roles compared to lead roles in terms of ratio.

No no no, not time yet... he's not even mid forties!  I want to see him in more lead roles.  I don't care if it put pressures on him.  I don't care if I'm bad and selfish fan... I just want to see him take up all the scene times (pouting).... 

He took up supporting role in WOL, and I ended up wishing its a story about the gangster.  Now he took up supporting role in MC, and I ended up wishing its a story about YBW... I really don't care... I just want him in lead roles...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

So, saw ep. 11 and I have to say everything to do with Hwi and and his friend/enemy is so badly written! It seems like the show's tradition of "telling, not showing" continues...The description of the doctor of Nam Seon made me roll my eyes so hard! He said-"...his eyes looked empty. It seemed like something was eating away at his mind"...  Really?! that's your description?! Not "dark eyes, thick lips, kinda handsome"? Who talks like that?! :joy: Thank you writers for telling us point blank what's going on with this guy and not showing us. Saves us time, I guess... :smirk:

On the other hand, we were being told TWICE in the show that Hwi was handsome. Once by Hwi's friends and then by YBW's brother, who also told us Hwi had a "voice sweet as honey".  And I'm like "what?! what are these guys talking about? Is he really saying that when his brother looks like JH?". Hwi looks OK, and seems like a sweet guy, but nothing that special. I think Nam Seon is better looking, but maybe I'm wrong... It amused me that the writers felt they needed to tell the audience that he was handsome, and not to believe their lying eyes :)

As to the story, as we thought Hwi is doing most of the planning here, always telling YBW what is going to happen, while YBW is mostly being led. But the thing is- JH's acting is so powerful, it doesn't matter. JH said he's mostly interested in YBW's relationship with his father, and you see that influence on the story- It's like JH doesn't interfere with the characterization of Hwi, even at the expense of his own character, so that aspect is not so good. On the other hand, the story line surrounding the relationship between YBW and his father is brilliant!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

That's provided he learnt from his mistakes and experience.  Not all who went through the same experience turned out well.  I'm glad he's the former.  There's such a drastic change after his military, not only in his personality and outlook in life, but also the way he act.  I don't know how to describe... more mature, and more feeling to it.  

So ya, it turns out to be a blessing for him, and for us as well :)

Thankfully it turned out to be a blessing. I have a feeling that the pre military JH is not really a likable person compared to who he is now. But I may be wrong....just guessing.  

21 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

No no no, not time yet... he's not even mid forties!  I want to see him in more lead roles.  I don't care if it put pressures on him.  I don't care if I'm bad and selfish fan... I just want to see him take up all the scene times (pouting).... 

In normal age, he is 43 this year. So for Korean age should be 44 this year? Near to mid 40s already. :grimace:I am fine if he does good roles, even if it is a supporting one. No more WOL that kind of role please or Iris that kind of role. 

22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's like JH doesn't interfere with the characterization of Hwi, even at the expense of his own character, so that aspect is not so good. It feels like JH is concentrating mostly on the relationship with YBW father, and this is why that story line is so brilliant.

Since he is not the lead actor, I think he really doesn't interfere because he is not the captain of the ship. He only concentrates on his character as Bang Won and how he is going to play him. Hopefully ep 13 will be more interesting and exciting. 

Tell me how you feel about ep 12. :sweat_smile:Do you feel what I feel? Lol....

• Like 1

@budgerie Jang Hyuk’s old time friends like Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Sun Ah and many others, always say that JH is one of the few celebrities they know, who has not changed. He has always been shy, dorky, sweet and very serious about his career. Not sure where you get the idea that he was different but not the impression I get. 

• Like 6

I read on IG that the writer just finished writing the script! Quite surprising because I thought it was a pre-produced drama. But since the script was only completed, I hope the writer took into consideration the immense popularity of JH and his role Bang Won to allow him to shine even more towards the end of the drama and have greater scenes! I hope it’s not going to be something anticlimactic...

and looks like hes still shooting still. I think it should be done this week? Because in 2 weeks time the show will end. The slowness in which they shoot the drama, wow it has dragged on to the pace of a live shooting drama already :sweatingbullets: I guess sageuk with suh cinematography does take lots of hard work and effort!!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Jang Hyuk’s old time friends like Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Sun Ah and many others, always say that JH is one of the few celebrities they know, who has not changed. He has always been shy, dorky, sweet and very serious about his career. Not sure where you get the idea that he was different but not the impression I get. 

Right. I saw(and probably you also saw) very old interview of JH with Jun Ji Hyun and CTH where JJH said(JH was almost mute lol) CTH is nice to her but JH is lot more nicer. CTH also said that JH is actually very bright person though his resting face may suggest otherwise. Even in his older interviews he sounds sincere, sensible and realistic just like his present day version. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Thankfully it turned out to be a blessing. I have a feeling that the pre military JH is not really a likable person compared to who he is now. But I may be wrong....just guessing.  

Seeing how many friends he still have from the time he started, and how much they love him to this day, not to mention that many of his friends say he didn't change at all since his debut, I think he was a very likable person from the beginning. I guess his rising celebrity started to get to his head a bit, as he himself admitted, but the scandal managed to slam him back to earth, gaining him more insights than before, making him the impressive yet unassuming guy that he is today :)

30 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Since he is not the lead actor, I think he really doesn't interfere because he is not the captain of the ship. He only concentrates on his character as Bang Won and how he is going to play him. Hopefully ep 13 will be more interesting and exciting. 

Tell me how you feel about ep 12. :sweat_smile:Do you feel what I feel? Lol....

Yeah, this is what I think is happening- JH is careful not to take over the show, supporting the lead as much as he can, while making his "little" part of the show as brilliant as he can :)

Am watching ep. 12 right now and it's as we thought- the show is making it as though YBW owes his victory to Hwi and the girl. The king so much as said it- the fire is what allowed YBW to win. YBW is mostly waiting for others to fight for him- I'm not seeing a single plan from him except his insistence to stick to the rules. But I guess since the writers know the audience know YBW wins anyway, they're not even trying to make this "strife" clever at all. It's just a bunch of obvious plans from Hwi's side, while the enemy, being the king and Nam Jun, behave completely incompetently- the king being carried around by slaves, while complaining about needing to be quicker than a horse- how much of a moron are you!? get off the backs of those poor guys and get on a horse! Not to mention he left his coward of a son completely helpless while going on a trip...

But since the war plot is so idiotic- it doesn't affect how you see YBW at all. He still appears as majestic and impressive as ever! Seeing him walking menacingly with his armor...wow! Even the missing fight scene that would explain the blood on his face that you noticed, doesn't matter. He just comes in, looks around with his beautiful scary eyes, gives a great speech, and that's all he needs to do :) saves JH from more aches during the cold season...  Would I rather see JH fight? Sure. But I much rather the plot was better.

The main problem here is the strange focus on Hwi instead of the real fight that is going on. It's a gimmick the writers came up with, but executed badly. It resulted in us not seeing Poeun murder, not seeing the fight in the forest and now, instead of seeing the killing of the nobles inside by YBW, we were wasting time watching Hwi, Nam Seon and his dad uselessly looking at each other and bleeding. Great call, writers! Hell, they even took the killing of the brother from YBW. So, tell me again- what exactly did YBW do here?!

But I will say this- I loved YBW brother! He is hilarious! I wish we got to see more of him and his interaction with YBW. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I read on IG that the writer just finished writing the script! Quite surprising because I thought it was a pre-produced drama. But since the script was only completed, I hope the writer took into consideration the immense popularity of JH and his role Bang Won to allow him to shine even more towards the end of the drama and have greater scenes! I hope it’s not going to be something anticlimactic...

and looks like hes still shooting still. I think it should be done this week? Because in 2 weeks time the show will end. The slowness in which they shoot the drama, wow it has dragged on to the pace of a live shooting drama already :sweatingbullets: I guess sageuk with suh cinematography does take lots of hard work and effort!!

So let me get this straight- Woo Do Hwan has cut his hair and is filming another show- does that means he's done filming My Country?! 

And JH is still filming, while the script has been recently finished... Hmmm... dare we be hopeful that his role is going to be more than just standing around giving speeches, as great as that have been?

• LOL 1

@Biology Lesson I was grateful they didn’t show BW killing the Crown Prince. I don’t think history specifies he did it with his own hands (although in SFD they made him do it and the CP looked even younger, to make the whole thing more dramatic). This version of Bangwon is still “likable” so I don’t think they wanted to completely shock people with the image of him mercilessly slashing a poor defenseless teen. Also notice how they didn’t really care to make us “care” for the CP (except that the child version was adorable). Also, you can even tell that while Bangwon wouldn’t have stopped, ever, there’s a degree of guilt in him for everyone of his actions (even though he justifies himself in his speech, his expression shows emptiness, drain, some degree of sadness) 

• Like 5