7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I tried watching all of ep. 6 and in the middle on it you have 30 minutes without JH that they were absolute torture for me! The love triangle is boring and over done and the comedy from Hwi's gang of idiots felt forced and formulaic. 

Yes, instead of giving us a load of boring love triangle and Hwi's gang, give us what happen at the forest. :rage: I think this production team just wants to "promote" the 3 leads and trying to push JH to the backseat. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hmm....

Yi Bang Won died when he was 55 years old. So at the drama now, he is 21 years old. 

Also, according to history, the death of his stepmother is sudden. I am waiting for this because this is when Bang Won will kill stepmother sons including the CP while father is busy mourning the death of stepmother. But please get an older child to act the CP. I don't want Bang Won to slash that cute little bro.  

By ep 5, YBW is already 25 years old as there was a time jump of 4 years,

And the crown prince died when he was 16 years old, so I don’t think they can use that same child actor anymore.

And I was also never interested in history but I went to read all about YBW after this started airing. Quite interesting. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes, instead of giving us a load of boring love triangle and Hwi's gang, give us what happen at the forest. :rage: I think this production team just wants to "promote" the 3 leads and trying to push JH to the backseat. 

They are the leads, not JH. It’s becoz we are JH’s fans, we want to see more of him. But we must remember he is not the lead here, and the director will be doing a bad job if he gives a supporting actor more air time than the leads. So pls do not get angry and keep thinking about the forest scene. The main theme of this story is about the 3 leads. JH is not the focus of this story, u must accept this. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

No..he didn't. :lol: But he seems to like strawberry flavoured stuff, from ice cream to macarons and now the bread..haha!

Oh, you are really observant. But it's rare that men likes strawberry. 

12 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And the crown prince died when he was 16 years old, so I don’t think they can use that same child actor anymore.

And I was also never interested in history but I went to read all about YBW after this started airing. Quite interesting. 

Haha, I read because I wanted to find out about YBW sex life. And while reading, my mind had JH in mind. Gosh! 

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

They are the leads, not JH. It’s becoz we are JH’s fans, we want to see more of him. But we must remember he is not the lead here, and the director will be doing a bad job if he gives a supporting actor more air time than the leads. So pls do not get angry and keep thinking about the forest scene. The main theme of this story is about the 3 leads. JH is not the focus of this story, u must accept this. 

Thanks for reminding. Haiz...I guess I keep forgetting he isn't the lead. :bawling:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I guess that could be why he took on this project and acted YBW twice. YBW is such a fascinating character in history and thus, a real challenge for any actor and hence, a great sense of achievement if they could create their own memorable version of YBW.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I guess that could be why he took on this project and acted YBW twice. YBW is such a fascinating character in history and thus, a real challenge for any actor and hence, a great sense of achievement if they could create their own memorable version of YBW.

Now I can't remember where I have watched or read. Correct me if you remember. Didn't he say that in Empire of Lust he couldn't portray it as how he would like it to be, that's why he wants to portray it here in MC. Same for Midas, that's why he took MF because he felt he was lacking something playing Kim Do Hyun.

@PrettysupRight side top and right side bottom for me. How about you?

I just re-watched One Table. I don't know what dish it is that was cooked for him but he said it is a dish that he and wife used to eat. Like go to a certain place to eat. And he suddenly miss that dish :D Aww...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

By now we have seen that JH's role is not as small as we were afraid of. It's quite significant. So that's OK. I think the problem is that the main story involving the leads is so predictable and overdone- we have the love triangle, that we see in every KDrama, and also the two good friends that are torn apart as one becomes evil while the other is good- hell, I've just seen that same plot in Tazza and I hated it there too! Now, if you write a cliche plot well, you can actually make it good, but that is not the case here.

On the other hand, everything surrounding YBW is unpredictable- we do know that he will win, but we have no idea how. I mean, just that scene in ep. 6 with Hwi- did any of us predict that YBW will be on to Hwi's plot? We all thought that Hwi would be part of YBW's army by the end of the episode, and, boy, were we wrong... This is why I think that YBW's plot should have been the main plot- because it's so much more interesting! yes, the fact that JH is playing him is a very big bonus, but it's not the only reason...

I guess you could say that this show is like Tazza with Money flower in the background... :) I don't think there is anyone that will not agree that it should be the other way around, right?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

The crown prince was already married with a kid so he was not a minor by standard of that era. BW was not that degenerated. lols

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Oh, you are really observant. But it's rare that men likes strawberry. 

Yes men don't like strawberries but only in the dramas.:w00t:

Honestly I don't understand the  prejudice against this innocent fruit. It's only a marketing gimmick just like designations 'Pink for girls and Blue for boys'.

Someone told me in Korea young women seriously associate strawberry milk with the female sexuality that's why in movie Innocent Thing, Young Eun kept sipping strawberry milk.

Strawberry flavour even doesn't taste like real strawberries.:lol:

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Haha, I read because I wanted to find out about YBW sex life. And while reading, my mind had JH in mind. Gosh! 

Hope JH never finds out about this thread and as an added security measure never learns English.:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 5

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Still can't get over how adorable he was when he was mulling over whether he should eat or not eat the bread! He even shook his head after making a decision. Really child like! 

I believe exhaustion has kicked in hard, and it has reached a point where he probably having a tough time thinking rationally and fighting his temptation/hunger.

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

but it counts as his 4th hairstyle within limited screen time of 6 episodes haha..

Pretty impressive, haha! 

Looking at him in My Country, especially from all these close up stills, I must say he really looks so good! How could he? Just effortlessly good looking. In fact, is it me, but I find he looks younger now than in FTLY earlier episodes in that much talked about hairstyle. His whole projection of that character (hairstyle, dressing, etc) somehow gave me a strange vibe of someone older trying to portray a younger character. However, that vibe went away when his hairstyle changed to the shorter look in second half of FTLY and character was less goofy.

Anyway, whatever it is, JH is a versatile actor who can pull off many hairstyles and roles. His real personality appears to be rather different from the characters he play on TV and that really shows what a great actor he is!

• Like 4

I guess after OJO spoke about JH on their show, JTBC put out this video showing the highlights of JH's trip to the Grand Canyon... Actually one of my favorite moments in that show was him singing on the bus together with the Pansori singer that was part of their group, but it's not in this vid :)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

JTBC put out this video showing the highlights of JH's trip to the Grand Canyon.

The part where he was on the ride was super scary! I would have felt faint and dizzy yet he was so fearless doing all sorts of actions :sweatingbullets:

9 hours ago, budgerie said:

I just re-watched One Table. I don't know what dish it is that was cooked for him but he said it is a dish that he and wife used to eat. Like go to a certain place to eat. And he suddenly miss that dish :D Aww

Where can I watch this pls? Couldn’t find on YouTube! Or maybe searching wrong keywords 

• LOL 1

12 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

No..he didn't. :lol: But he seems to like strawberry flavoured stuff, from ice cream to macarons and now the bread..haha!

23101518-761513264045647-892538298390544

He loves strawberry - it’s proven in other variety shows he had attended. I just can’t recall which are the ones but yup, he loves strawberry flavour, sausages, basically unhealthy food like snacks from male shift petrol stop over etc. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Truth to be told I'm not at all excited about JH playing an 'angry' profiler. Reminds me of Voice an angry detective with supernaturally blessed detective and evil serial killer. Even director is same.:grimace:

I don't want to play him to play sinister characters back to back. 

Still waiting for a well wtitten melodrama for him because he says he is best suited for this genre.:yum:

• Like 4