36 minutes ago, SirRaizel said:

These are mostly all the shows he appeared in for promotion or drama related with his drama cast or solo. Some before the drama aired while some during.

Thank You - JipiJigi Ep5

Dance of the Dragon - HeartToHeart - solo interview

Chuno - WinWin, Happy Together with Cast

Iris 2 Press Conference - KBS Award Ceremony - Choreographed Fight with cast, Happy Together with Cast

SOGC - SNSD Sunny's Radio Show with Oh Yeon Seo

Gaekju - Happy Together with Cast

Ordinary People - V Live, Live Talk Show Taxi

Money Flower - Dragon Club (kinda)

WOL Press Conference - V Live with Junho and Ryeo Won

Bad Papa - Radio Star, TBS-FM Kim Gyu Ri with Cho Ki Sub

-----------------------------------------------------------
Not Direct Promotion

The Flu - appeared on Hwashin - Controller of Heart before release

Inside or Outside - appeared on Ding Ge Long Dong Qiang early that year

By this logic he appeared in that crime variety show to promote 'My Country'.

• Confused 2

49 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

But I admit the show can get a bit draggy after 15 eps or so. He cried a lot in the show (different feel for each crying scene), got drunk a lot, tortured , and so on. ..haha! 

I like him with the 2nd female lead. Oh btw, when he was filming Gaekju, is his daughter born already? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, budgerie said:

But I think it is only in Empire and Thorn that he showed his butt. 

He also showed his 'butt' in Jungle Juice and Searching for the White Elephant. :joy:

But let me destroy the fun for all of you. It may not be his real butt. Korean movie actors have well established practice of using body doubles for doing nude scenes.

Now someone needs to examine all of his 'butt' scenes to decide if it was same butt in all of movies or if there were different butts.:smirk:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he is very cute. Look at the BTS

But I admit the show can get a bit draggy after 15 eps or so. He cried a lot in the show (different feel for each crying scene), got drunk a lot, tortured , and so on. ..haha! 

Here's a short montage of the show.

Thanks for the clips! I think the main reason I didn't watch this show is because of the horrible head gear- what on earth are those hats?! Why add two balls on the hats?! I guess it's traditional wear, but it just looks too strange! 

The show sounds strange, but I will try watching it. All shows become draggy after 15 episodes, so that's OK :) 

I tried Tazza recently and I hated it so much I didn't even finish it! Goni was a complete idiot, and the plot was so predictable... Also, I hated his looks in it, with his hair sticking up and the fake beard... ugh! But what I did like about that show was the great cast- so many actors that JH is friends with to this day! I mean, just two weeks ago he attended the wedding of his costar, right? In that sense, as bad as it was, it's clear that Tazza was a very important show in JH's life.

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

He also showed his 'butt' in Jungle Juice and Searching for the White Elephant. :joy:

But let me destroy the fun for all of you. It may not be his real butt. Korean movie actors have well established practice of using body doubles for doing nude scenes.

Now someone needs to examine all of his 'butt' scenes to decide if it was same butt in all of movies or if there were different butts.:smirk:

I didn't watch Jungle Juice. His 1st drama I watched was SSOBG but I didn't take notice of him then. I didn't even think he was good looking. I only started to watch him (again) in Thank You because I liked his chemistry with Seo Shin Ae (the little girl). 

I did watch Searching for the Elephant but I don't recall a butt scene. I watched a little bit of Volcano High and there was a butt scene. There was also a scene taken from afar - shower scene and he was naked but they blurred out his private part. He was still very young in Volcano High so I guess being naked to the crew team was alright with him then. Oh, I didn't know about the using body doubles for nude scenes in Korea. But I guess it is really embarrassing if it is their real butt. The prostitute in EOL literally gripped his butt tight. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

It's Uban Cops.

He's so cute in UC. But he mostly looked tired/sleepy. Like the way he eats his biscuits. Some strawberry flavor or something. And dropping the crumbs all over even all over his mouth. Learning to type with 1 finger or 2 fingers. Lol. And this is what wife sees at home yo. The real Jang Hyuk who is probably the biggest kid at home and messing the house with his dropped biscuit crumbs. :sweat_smile:Love seeing him in home clothes too and pyjamas in DB. So different from those Westwood pics. Hahaha. 

• LOL 1

I find Bongsam and the hat very cute :D:wub:

2015-E21-151203-HDTV-H264-720p-WITH-mp4-

2015-E25-151217-HDTV-H264-720p-WITH-mp4-

2015-E25-151217-HDTV-H264-720p-WITH-mp4-

I think The Merchant Gakju's story is very boring and old-fashioned. 

but I watched it without fast forward because there is 90% of JH in it (required high level of tolerance though since many parts are nonsense).  If you haven't tried, maybe try watch it when you miss Janghyuk. haha

I think his performance is very good. I like his crying scenes. He cried a lot unlike we see him in other dramas which he was more reserved. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

He's so cute in UC. But he mostly looked tired/sleepy. Like the way he eats his biscuits. Some strawberry flavor or something. And dropping the crumbs all over even all over his mouth. Learning to type with 1 finger or 2 fingers. Lol. And this is what wife sees at home yo. The real Jang Hyuk who is probably the biggest kid at home and messing the house with his dropped biscuit crumbs. :sweat_smile:Love seeing him in home clothes too and pyjamas in DB. So different from those Westwood pics. Hahaha. 

It just truly reminds us that celebs are normal people just like us hahaha. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, budgerie said:

I don't think YBW would be so free to fan another person child. 

Delayed response but - This really made me LOL. :joy:

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

On another note it’s very rare to see actors who don’t mind showing their less than “attractive” side, what more on TV. JH on the other hand continues to challenge himself with difficult roles (even if he’s not the lead), being fully himself on variety shows (eg. Dragon bros and urban cops). Very diff from some celebrities who feel the need to only showcase a presentable side of themselves and maintain a very specific image through roles selected or types of appearances, especially in an entertainment industry and society that can be so judgmental. 

I think it really takes a strong core, principles and anchor to not be wavered and deeply affected by all that is happening around him. Still remember how Kim Sun Ah said that he’s one of her friends who has never changed at all. Truly one of a kind!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, nyk said:

I think The Merchant Gakju's story is very boring and old-fashioned. 

but I watched it without fast forward because there is 90% of JH in it (required high level of tolerance though since many parts are nonsense).  If you haven't tried, maybe try watch it when you miss Janghyuk. haha

I think his performance is very good. I like his crying scenes. He cried a lot unlike we see him in other dramas which he was more reserved. 

I take my hat off to you. I couldn't tolerate some parts even though it is JH. Too boring and I did fast forward. :sweat_smile:The only drama I watched without fast forward was MF. The drama I fast forwarded the most is WOL. Whenever I miss JH, I watch MF (can you imagine I am missing other people husband). Hahaha! :sweat_smile:

7 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

It just truly reminds us that celebs are normal people just like us hahaha. 

The reason why I like (love) him so much is because he is down to earth and with good manners. Acting just like a normal person and not just because he is a celebrity he acts high and mighty. Another reason is that he is faithful to his marriage. I know this sounds personal but at least I know that the celebrity I admire, like and love is not a flirt but is a good husband, good father. 

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! Yes.. especially when he went through moral dilemma of whether to eat another strawberry bun that was meant to his friend. That was too cute!!

I (now) wonder if that is the snack he has been eating for 20 years. Or maybe his daughter favourite snack? I always associate strawberry bread with little girls. Lol...

Since he is an exercise freak, I presume his wife exercises too (being a formal dancer and a gym instructor). Maybe his home will have all these stuff hanging everywhere so whenever he and she walks past, they can just pull a bar or something. Hahaha! 

• LOL 1

15 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Someone thought it was the crown prince, but the stepmother would never allow YBW to be near her son alone at night.

I didn't think it is the CP because stepmother would forbid him even getting near as you said. But I really couldn't tell if it's a girl or boy until you said it's his daughter. In that era, boys also have long hair so I really couldn't tell...

Jang Hyuk has ruined this drama for me. I am bored unless I see him in a scene. If he is not there, the show doesn’t count. Every other character only exists to show how charismatic he is, how he is the best Lee Bangkok ever, and no one is ever going to top him. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

HD pics are out, go pick your favourites:

He looks so regal! I like him the most when he’s in his warrior garb. But red looks good on him too. 

34 minutes ago, budgerie said:

The reason why I like (love) him so much is because he is down to earth and with good manners. Acting just like a normal person and not just because he is a celebrity he acts high and mighty. Another reason is that he is faithful to his marriage. I know this sounds personal but at least I know that the celebrity I admire, like and love is not a flirt but is a good husband, good father. 

Well said! Precisely those reasons (I mean, we no longer need to call out his acting skills because it’s just AMAZING). 

By the way guys, I recently saw online snippets of JH in a Japanese magazine (I think he was donning a dark blue/grey long cardigan). Not sure if you guys spotted the same? Anyone here happen to know if there was an interview article along with it, and translations if any? The pictures look like they were taken after Bad Papa. He had the same hairstyle as that show. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, budgerie said:

To be honest, Gaekju was boring. You know the art of fast forward comes in handy. I prefer his interaction with the 2nd female lead than the lead. I prefer LDH with him in chuno than robbers. I didn't like him in robbers. I did'nt like the storyline. Their kiss and bed scene in Iris was hot. 

Gaekju has a special place in my watching list coz the moral of the story. i like Bong Sam morality to the boot. 

15 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't recommend Gaekju to anybody because besides being a poorly written drama JH's character shouts and 'laughs' a lot.

In the beginning. But, after his character aging he's more laid back and charismatic. But, I cringe at younger bong sam too. lol

• Like 5