Oh come on! U are sexy :)

How can no one ever tell him that?? 

Haha I can’t ubderstand Korean but I suspect this means - huh? U mean u didn’t know u are sexy! Becos after that u see a chain of JH sexiness!!! 

Spoiler

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Very detailed Long verdict of Money Flower, nicely done!

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2018/02/10/review-money-flower/

Wow. What a great review. I love how it emphasized Hyukie's amazing acting skills. I also have to agree that his performance here may be better than Chuno. Or shall I watch both MF and Chuno again to refresh my memory?. Lol. And it also includes instrumental ost from MF which I absolutely loved especially Death Star. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Wow. What a great review. I love how it emphasized Hyukie's amazing acting skills. I also have to agree that his performance here may be better than Chuno. Or shall I watch both MF and Chuno again to refresh my memory?. Lol. And it also includes instrumental ost from MF which I absolutely loved especially Death Star. 

It is my habit to watch the drama raw, then with subs and eventually re watch the whole drama again! So yes, I am going to re watch it soon :) 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I really love the review..makes me want to watch it again..I am currently suffering from Money Flower withdrawal symptoms..feel so empty on Saturday. 

Same here. Binge-watched it for 4 days straight. And now I don't know what to watch next. Hahaha. We just have to wait for his next project. I hope it doesn't take long. It's like not wanting him to rest at all. Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

INTERVIEW] 'Every film set is my boxing ring'
음성듣기

‘Every film set is my boxing ring’
Actor Jang Hyuk talks about his acting philosophy

300f226eddea4dd582edea74fc815f0a.jpg
Jang Hyuk sounds more like a boxer than an actor when he says he fights his guts out in each film shoot.
“For me, a film shoot cannot be an easy process, where actors say their lines and act as they rehearsed,” the actor, 41, told The Korea Times in Seoul, Friday.
“I think great scenes can be created from where there is some positive tension running between actors.”
He recently added another successful piece _ the MBC weekend drama “Money Flower” _ to his filmography.
“The set is like a little ring for me,” he said. “As for boxing and other sports that have basic rules for fair play, dramas have lines and play script. But the way each actor delivers the messages included in their lines and what to emphasize is different.
“A set is like two actors hiding what they have and facing each other in the ring. Under immense tension, they exchange punches and counterpunches. If there is no tension while shooting a drama, how can we expect it to draw viewers?”
The show closed with a record 24 percent viewership.
“When I told my friends I’m shooting a weekend drama, nine out of 10 asked why,” Jang said.
“At the time I made the decision, I didn’t know the status of miniseries and weekend dramas. It was director Kim Hee-won’s debut drama and trying a very different style she wasn’t worried about failure on the part of viewers.
“If the drama flopped, whether it was a weekend drama or a miniseries, the fact I wouldn’t gain anything would be the same. But in case it was success, I can gain more from a weekend drama, scoring two points rather than one from a miniseries.”
He said the story was about Kang’s revenge, but it was not the revenge factor that drove the drama.
“If it had focused on what happens to Kang’s revenge itself, the drama should have ended in four or five episodes,” he said. “He had all the keys in his hands needed to bring down Cheong-A Group. Ironically, what deters him from taking revenge is important.
“In the intertwined relationship between each character, all the contrasting emotions make the drama really interesting.
“For instance, when Kang sees Jang Bu-cheon, the Cheong-A Group heir who grew up with Kang, he feels both hatred and sympathy. Kang uses him for his revenge, but feels guilt at the same time.”
The actor, who has practiced the martial art jeet kune do for more than a decade and has also been boxing for eight years, said he learned a lot from professional athletes in those fields.
“Although I’m not a professional boxer, I’m not practicing it like a hobby but more professionally. Looking at boxers enduring adversities and practicing fiercely, I learn a lot,” he said.
“There are a million reasons I don’t want to be on set. Sometimes it is too hot or too cold or sometimes I can be dreadfully tired because I’m short of sleep. But I know it is only after I endure and fight the day, that I can expect to be offered another project.
“Doing just okay is not in my dictionary. I’ve seen so many just okay aspiring actors getting no chance at auditions. Only the desperate ones can clinch that narrow chance. So the set is a boxing ring for me.”
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Actor Jang Hyuk to appear as special MC in SBS variety program "My Little Old Boy"

According to SBS on the 12th Feb, Jang Hyuk, the main character of drama 'Money Flower', recently participated as a special MC in SBS variety program 'My Little Old Boy' studio recording.

Jang Hyuk is known to have established a solid foothold as an actor for 21 years and is also the father of three children in real life.

In particular, it was reported that Kim Jong Kook and his mother also appear for the first time on the day of the recording, and Jang Hyuk is expected to have a more vivid reaction as Kim Jong Kook since they are close friends in the Dragon Club

In addition, Jang Hyuk appeared in the music video of the group JTL formed by Tony An, Jang Woo-hyuk and Lee Jae-won. He also appeared in TV3's SNL Korea 4 with Shin Dong-yup, who is the MC of  "My Little Old Boy".

It stimulates curiosity about what kind of comic action Jang Hyuk will be presenting.

201802121546222465_d.jpg

http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_201802121546222465

• Thanks 3

20 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Same here. Binge-watched it for 4 days straight. And now I don't know what to watch next. Hahaha. We just have to wait for his next project. I hope it doesn't take long. It's like not wanting him to rest at all. Lol

Ya we are in a dilemma right??? Want him

to rest but want to see him soon haiz...

and Yes to another variety show :) 

im depending on you folks to post the links and subs! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Actor Jang Hyuk to appear as special MC in SBS variety program "My Little Old Boy"

Wow. So he is resting.:lol:

I'm not familiar with this show but it semms to have intresting concept. 

I find Kim Jong Kook's mom cute and innocent. I've never seen JH interacting with elderly women so I'm looking forward to it. Do you know how many episodes long his apperance will be?:)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Wow. So he is resting.:lol:

I'm not familiar with this show but it semms to have intresting concept. 

I find Kim Jong Kook's mom cute and innocent. I've never seen JH interacting with elderly women so I'm looking forward to it. Do you know how many episodes long his apperance will be?:)

I don't even know how she looks like lol. Like I've said, I only watch Jh variety show - those that he appeared in and drama. The rest, I'm quite lost. He recently did say that he would like to appear in more variety to show his other side :wink: 

Little did he know that, his appearance in Dragon club, already showed everything hahaha!

• LOL 2