Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Actor Jang Hyuk sets new goal through Lee Mi-sook and Lee Soon-jae.


On the 8th Feb, Jang Hyuk carried out an interview after the end of MBC weekend drama "Money Flower" at a cafe in Sangsadong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. 


Jang Hyuk said, "I set a new goal for myself through this work. In another 20 years, my acting career life will be 40 years old. Lee Mi-sook already has 40 years, and Lee Soon-jae has 60 years. I have been going on for over 20 years now. Once I endure another 20 years, constantly building characters and integrating with people, then would I be able to achieve the age of Lee Mi-sook and Lee Soon-jae. I have a goal to become an actor as unique and as enthusiastic as they are. There were so many things to learn.”


He added, "As I looked at their interpretations, I was surprised that such interpretation is possible! The attitude of how they work truly influenced their juniors. Lee Soon-jae is a real master of acting, he is able to control the amount to let go and withhold precisely, which was due to his experience and age."


In ‘Money Flower’ Jang Hyuk played the role of Kang Pil-joo, who intentionally approached Lee Mi-sook (Jung Mal-ran) and Jang Seung-Jo (Jang Boo-cheon) to seek a revenge he had been planning for 20 years. 

 

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11586856

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He mentioned that he is reviewing his next work! I hope I did not misunderstand him :) is that to say he is reviewing upcoming roles now? 

 

He also said that he is traveling with his family :) that's nice. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

He mentioned that he is reviewing his next work! I hope I did not misunderstand him :) is that to say he is reviewing upcoming roles now? 

 

He also said that he is traveling with his family :) that's nice. 

Haha!! Yeah!! Looks like he is reviewing scripts...so happy.. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

He mentioned that he is reviewing his next work! I hope I did not misunderstand him :) is that to say he is reviewing upcoming roles now? 

 

He also said that he is traveling with his family :) that's nice. 

 

Haha I dunno why you guys are worried about this, his next project has definitely already been planned, just not announced yet.

 

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:
Haha!! Yeah!! Looks like he is reviewing scripts...so happy.. 

 

Soon soon

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

 

Haha I dunno why you guys are worried about this, his next project has definitely already been planned, just not announced yet.

 

 

Soon soon

 Haha!! He spoiled us.. so it is unbearable if we don't hear from him for too long.. lol!

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More interview snippets:

 

  • My biggest turning point was enlisting in the army. After leaving, getting married and having kids, i was already in my 30s. Now I am in my 40s. I feel that I should take on more projects at this age in order to enrich my experience. It is only through more challenging roles and genre that I can widen my spectrum. It is just like the competitors who are taking part in the boxing match this year, those who had many sparring matches will find it easier. In this way then we can continue to move forward, otherwise we will be forever at the same spot. As compared to remaining at the same spot, I would rather get criticisms as I move forward.
  • I hope that viewers can trust my acting, as it is impossible for humans not to make mistakes. When i was young, I carved the words "passion" on my chair, hoping not to lose that as I grow up. That is the reason why seniors can last so long in the acting field. They say "When you are acting, your skills only count 30%, and your attitude counts for 70%. Only with a positive attitude can you continue for a long time.
  • Frankly speaking, of course I hope to win prizes, but it is not something I would ponder upon. Thinking back, I have gotten second place many times, but because of the fact that there is always someone better than me, it spurs me on further. It would be stressful if I aim to meet everyone's expectations, I hope that I can be an actor who sets my own pace.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

More interview snippets:

 

  • My biggest turning point was enlisting in the army. After leaving, getting married and having kids, i was already in my 30s. Now I am in my 40s. I feel that I should take on more projects at this age in order to enrich my experience. It is only through more challenging roles and genre that I can widen my spectrum. It is just like the competitors who are taking part in the boxing match this year, those who had many sparring matches will find it easier. In this way then we can continue to move forward, otherwise we will be forever at the same spot. As compared to remaining at the same spot, I would rather get criticisms as I move forward.
  • I hope that viewers can trust my acting, as it is impossible for humans not to make mistakes. When i was young, I carved the words "passion" on my chair, hoping not to lose that as I grow up. That is the reason why seniors can last so long in the acting field. They say "When you are acting, your skills only count 30%, and your attitude counts for 70%. Only with a positive attitude can you continue for a long time.
  • Frankly speaking, of course I hope to win prizes, but it is not something I would ponder upon. Thinking back, I have gotten second place many times, but because of the fact that there is always someone better than me, it spurs me on further. It would be stressful if I aim to meet everyone's expectations, I hope that I can be an actor who sets my own pace.

Wow.. his words are really inspiring..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nyk said:

@Prettysup @azureblue7 Thank you so much for all translations and good stuff :heart::heart::heart:

 

 

 

This is so tempting...  I want to go.  *thinking hard* 

Wahhhhh ! Yes he spoiled us. And thankfully we have u folks who goes around digging more info :) 

Someone shared this on twitter.

 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/02/jang-hyuk-explains-why-he-doesnt-put.html

 

Another set of pix 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nyk said:

@Prettysup @azureblue7 Thank you so much for all translations and good stuff :heart::heart::heart:

 

This is so tempting...  I want to go.  *thinking hard* 

 

Hehe.. maybe this time you can learn Japanese or Korean first before u go as preparation. All the best !!

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Prettysup said:

 

Haha I dunno why you guys are worried about this, his next project has definitely already been planned, just not announced yet.

 

 

Soon soon

Does it mean he found something intresting? That's why he said in the interview that we'll meet someone who is not KPJ? If he is properly rested than I won't mind seeing him in summer clothes.

Last year he said that he wants to be in a historical drama but set in the Japnese colonial period. I would love to see him in something like that or in something written by Kim Tae Hee.:D

Do you have any idea when will Swordsman release?

 

17 hours ago, Prettysup said:

More interview snippets:

 

It's great to see him back to his usual self. I guess he really enjoyed working with the co-stars of MF.:lol:

 

2 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Westwood!

 

Did he steal that hat from  Money Flower's? <_<

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel myself falling head over heels with him again with this pic! I don't know how to explain. He looks great in pastel colours and there is this thing about his jawline that I love very much. When he tilt his head up a little. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha TJ girls! That’s just an excuse. But I agree. Certain things should not showcase that often, once in a while is good. This can then continue to remind fresh and keep people in suspense and the desire to want to know more is there :) 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...