21 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So you're seeing THAT picture and THAT physique, and all you have to say is something about the hair?! :blink: Who cares about the hair in that picture?:joy:

Obviously it was Chuno time...

Hey, I will get sore eyes you know if I see more....hahaha! The pants looks like is dropping :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

This article is interesting because it gives an insight into JH's preparation for YBW and insight, and also tells us that the public reaction to his YBW is indeed exceptional. JH was informed of it but he is does'nt let it go to his head :) 

This is what they said about YBW-

"

- Even his eyes put on a performance in "My Country: The New Age "

Jang Hyuk plays Lee Bang-won in "My Country: The New Age", which began on the 4th of October. This is the second time he's playing Lee Bang-won since the 2015 movie "Empire of Lust". Lee Bang-won has been brought up in numerous works through various actors, but it must not have been easy for one actor to play one character twice in a relatively short amount of time. It was only possible because Jang Hyuk isn't picky when it comes to genre and only worries about the character he's going to play. In addition, Jang Hyuk is ever-changing.

The Lee Bang-won that Jang Hyuk plays is an individual who has the head of a fox and the body of a tiger and was known as the best strategist who laid the foundation for the Joseon Dynasty. He put a lot of effort in establishing the Joseon Dynasty, but wasn't acknowledged for it, and became the bad guy himself to survive.

Jang Hyuk has been proving his value, from sageuk to action. Through his agency he said, "In the movie, I focused on one element of Lee Bang-won, but in "My Country: The New Age", I tried to play the role of a reformed monarch who wanted to build a country of people who were abandoned, rather than seek his ambitions, and to express in depth the humanity of Lee Bang-won".

Sidus HQ told TV Report, "Jang Hyuk makes a lot of preparations for his characters. He thought hard about the person Lee Bang-won prior to the drama. It seemed like he was trying to figure out a way to express the character differently from the movie".

"The Slave Hunters" and 'Dae-gil' are responsible for widening Jang Hyuk's career, but he'd been tagged 'Dae-gil' for almost 10 years now. Sources say, "An actor doesn't really mind this. They just accept that that's what people see in them, because that's what they were. We, on the other hand, think that the image has dissolved a lot since "Money Flower". There were concerns about this drama being a sageuk, but we think the actor himself has leaped over his limits".

Reactions to "My Country: The New Age" were tremendous and the agency says, "We told Jang Hyuk about the reactions from viewers and he seems happy, but he's not an amateur, so he didn't get too excited".

https://www.hancinema.net/jang-hyuk-s-characters-dae-gil-from-the-slave-hunters-vs-lee-bang-won-from-my-country-the-new-age-135008.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

New BTS of My Country ep 7-8

What is Bang Won eating? 

He looks happy. Seems like the crew respect him too. He was munching on food when he walked in with Director-nim. If is a newbie actor, I don't think newbie actor can do that.  Anyway, Hyuk sunbaenim needs no directing from the Director. He can direct his own scenes. Director-nim got 1 less job to do. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH was informed of it but he is does'nt let it go to his head :) 

This is what they said about YBW-

This is why we love him so. He is humble despite being a super star.

He has experienced the ups and he has also experienced the downs of this industry. So he knows not to let it go to his head.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

who has the head of a fox and the body of a tiger 

Well, I must say, writer-nim had shown Bang Won have the head of a fox and the body of a tiger, right up till Hwi appeared to him. From there onwards, Bang Won had mellowed.

Hwi was able to plan things that even took Bang Won by surprise. If for the rest of the remaining 8 eps - we are going to see Hwi taking charge and leading Bang Won, writer-nim had lost her direction.

I hope this doesn't happen. Not because I am a fan of JH and I want him to be superior but because it would twist too much the story of the real Bang Won. No doubt it is dramaland but where a story follows history, it should not be twisted too much.  

I went back (again) to watch ep 1. Bang Won said they can only win with Hwi help. But Bang Won assistant said, Hwi is not that important and asked why must Bang Won be so stubborn? His assistant said Hwi may have run away. So if Bang Won assistant said Hwi is not that important and asking why Bang Won is so stubborn, what makes Bang Won think that Hwi is important? It is contradicting here. And if his assistant said Hwi may have run way, could be an indication that Hwi is not a trustworthy person. 

In ep 1, the Crown Prince isn't dead yet. So with only 8 eps to go, I wonder if we have time for 2nd strife. Probably the drama might end at the 1st strife. But if so, why bother to introduce Bang Gan. Or maybe it will be a TELL drama that Bang Gan ascends the throne, no time to act out. And after that, quickly have the 2nd strife so that Bang Won can get the throne.

I have a feeling the drama concentrates on the 1st strife.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Where is the head of the fox and the body of a tiger? 

You are right, till now we got so see very little of his "head of the fox". He did show it in his first encounter with Hwi, but from then on, nothing! As usual for this show, we were just told about it. What we did get to see is that all of his soldiers are idiots and brutes, which makes no sense if he indeed has a "head of the fox".

It's very clear the writers feel like they have to reduce him, in order to make Hwi look better, as he is the lead. From what we're seeing now, I think the writers will make Hwi the person who gave the victory to YBW.

Again, even if JH wasn't playing him, I really think it is a mistake to make anyone else a lead in a story that involves Yi Bang Won. They did the same mistake in Empire of Lust.  

As of his "body of a tiger"- we didn't get to see that at all! :cry: Hopefully, next week it will change, as he needs to get his wound taken care of :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

This is why we love him so. He is humble despite being a super star.

He has experienced the ups and he has also experienced the downs of this industry. So he knows not to let it go to his head.  

I think the fact that he managed to come out unchanged of his Chuno time, with all the awards and honor he got and all the interviews and photoshoots he did, is amazing. Not many actors can do that. This is why I'm not surprised at all he is taking the reaction to his YBW in stride.

What was interesting to me is that in the article they mentioned "Money flower" as being a show that changed his career. I did feel that in the shows following "Money flower" JH got a lot more control over his roles- even in WOL, it's clear he got an almost free hand in the design of his character. Not to mention that that show had like 5 of his friends in it. I wonder what this means for his future roles...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

What we did get to see is that all of his soldiers are idiots and brutes, which makes no sense if he indeed has a "head of the fox".

As of his "body of a tiger"- we didn't get to see that at all! :cry: 

This I agree very much. If Bang Won is indeed the warrior, I would expect his soldiers to be 1st class fighters as well. But Hwi can easily put arrow onto his soldiers and guards. Even if Hwi is the lead and writer-nim wants to make him a good fighter, at least still must put up a good fight with Bang Won soldiers. Moreover, Bang Won is aware many enemies want him dead, his residence should be tightly guarded isn't it? His family is inside the house. 1 loophole here. 

Like what @nyksaid earlier, hasn't seen Bang Won kill anyone yet except for some animals. :DNo we did! Bang Won did kill someone at the jungle. That's all. So much for body of a tiger.

Actually I don't understand what is life role. To me, every role he does is his life role. The way they put it is like he has done well only as Daegil and .......nothing until Pil Joo. I don't agree at all. He did very well as Young Oh. He did very well as Li Gun. He did very well as Wang So. But what is the yardstick? The viewer ratings?

55 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think the fact that he managed to come out unchanged of his Chuno time, with all the awards and honor he got and all the interviews and photoshoots he did, is amazing. Not many actors can do that.

Now I cannot remember if it was an article I read or it was a chinese interview that I saw, he was asked if he would encourage any of his children if they wanted to be an artiste. He said he would not encourage, neither would he discourage. He said having the right mindset is very important in this industry. All the "glitter" could make one forget oneself. 

For me, I believe, he could remain unchanged is because he got the support of his family. His wife is not a celebrity. She is a normal person like you and me. She doesn't have that "glitter" that can make one forget oneself. And he already had 1 fall before. It was a fall from grace. This industry is harsh. You make a mistake and netizens will scold you and remember your fault for a long time.  But from this fall, he picked himself up, and he is the amazing man we see today. Amazing actor, good husband, good father. He said in an interview (I think was during FLU movie), he wants to be a good person for the sake of his family.  

Also to his wife. In her action, she showed him the meaning of loyalty and not abandoning a person when the person is at the toughest times of their life. She may not be the most beautiful woman compared to the many actresses he had acted with, but I want to believe she has the purest and most beautiful of heart :)

• Like 3

Wow Cha Tae Hyun is also starring in a new OCN drama next year.:lol:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1361457wpp/ocn-announces-stacked-lineup-of-dramas-airing

It would be comeback for him after his non-scandal.

He and JH should appear in a variety show together preferably in TROS and babysit Kyung Min's adorable daughters. (I want to squish their cheeks.):kiss_wink:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR12trhGIVnBpK_dnDYNgT

Seems like CTH is also playing a 'tempramental investigator'(as if there is only one archetype for the character of a cop in the world.:wacko:)

But it would be intresing to see CTH playing someone outside of his comfort zone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

He and JH should appear in a variety show together preferably in TROS and babysit Kyung Min's adorable daughters.

KM eldest daughter is so big already. She was 16 months when they were at DB. I wish the 5 of them to act together in a movie/drama. Wishful thinking right? Or getting all their kids together to do a papa-kid variety show. Another wishful thinking because JH will NEVER reveal his children.

• Like 2