8 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I am so proud to be his fan. I am so happy for him. Knetz considering him as a reincarnation of Lee Bang Won is a great compliment. I am so excited to watch this after it ends. 

Me too. I don't want him to be stucked as Daegil. Not that I don't like Daegil but it's time he move on. He got so many projects which are good. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

C drama "flying around" is quite normal. :expressionless:It is a good drama but it also is overwhelming to watch with so many revenge and so many who and who and who that get you confused. Good luck watching!   

If you like the actor Hu Ge, if you haven't watched Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008, I suggest you watch that one. 

I've seen many Chinese martial arts movies when I was young. My dad liked them a lot. I badly wanted to learn Kung fu because I thought all of 'flying around' in those movies was real. To be honest I was little bit disappointed after learning the truth. :lol:

I don't know many Chinese actor but I'll try to watch this drama alongside with NoF. Maybe in 2021 because 2020 is reserved for NoF.:w00t:

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Me again!!! Yes you should continue. I watched it years ago. Can't remember much..my gut feeling tells me you should continue.

OK I will.

7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Me too. I don't want him to be stucked as Daegil. Not that I don't like Daegil but it's time he move on. He got so many projects which are good. 

I want him to do a modern drama like Breaking Bad.:grimace:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I've seen many Chinese martial arts movies when I was young. My dad liked them a lot. I badly wanted to learn Kung fu because I thought all of 'flying around' in those movies was real. To be honest I was little bit disappointed after learning the truth. :lol:

I don't know many Chinese actor but I'll try to watch this drama alongside with NoF. Maybe in 2021 because 2020 is reserved for NoF.:w00t:

Me too. I originally started with chinese drama instead of K drama. I watched HK drama and C drama. I originally preferred period drama to modern drama. I got bored watching the same people acting after some years so I switched to watch K drama Dae Jang Geum in 2003 and that was how I started with K drama. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

‘My Country' Jang Hyuk, proves a Lee Bang-won by his acting alone 

Then, at the ending, when Lee Bang-won was watching Lee Seong-gye sobbing while holding the body of Bang-seok, his hand was seen to be shaking even though he had achieved what he wanted, showing the character's emptiness despite his success. The breathless performance makes the drama more immersive and electrifying.

Not too sure if u guys actually read what I translated but I’m happy that the media notices the small details that was introduced to LBW’s character, such as the shivering hand here. Another earlier example will be LBW rushing to his father when he fainted in the hall. Kudos to the director too for showing these details. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jhjsw said:

I am so proud to be his fan. I am so happy for him. Knetz considering him as a reincarnation of Lee Bang Won is a great compliment. I am so excited to watch this after it ends. 

Oh yeah finally someone commented on the Knetz comments haha.. I find their comments very interesting, besides this reincarnation, there is also the LBW ghost, and asking the writer to bow to JH and the director etc

U don’t mind reading spoilers before watching ?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Oh yeah finally someone commented on the Knetz comments haha.. I find their comments very interesting, besides this reincarnation, there is also the LBW ghost, and asking the writer to bow to JH and the director etc

U don’t mind reading spoilers before watching ?

I am always waiting for your posts regarding comments on naver everytime an episode airs to check what Knetz thought about Hyukie heheh.

Spoilers are okay. It's my choice to read posts on this thread even though i haven't watched a single episode. I can remember avoiding the Money Flower forum to avoid spoilers. Not sure why though. Maybe because he is the lead in that drama. Luckily, all discussions about MF were in the MF thread and not in this thread. Avoiding spoilers for MF was almost unbearable but definitely worth it. Hahaha. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Not too sure if u guys actually read what I translated but I’m happy that the media notices the small details that was introduced to LBW’s character, such as the shivering hand here. Another earlier example will be LBW rushing to his father when he fainted in the hall. Kudos to the director too for showing these details. 

Yes. The shivering of hand and he rushed to his father's side was the compassion side of Bang Won. Up to the time before he cut off the bridge, he still wished his father acknowledged him but his father was wanting to use him to kill Nam Jeon. But it is sad for real people who lived in that era as a royal. You either kill or be killed. 

13 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I guess JH himself will laugh at those comments. Reincarnation of YBW, YBW ghost. JH is a catholic. He mentioned it at Friends in Croatia. He and Ki Sub. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I am always waiting for your posts regarding comments on naver everytime an episode airs to check what Knetz thought about Hyukie heheh.

Spoilers are okay. It's my choice to read posts on this thread even though i haven't watched a single episode. I can remember avoiding the Money Flower forum to avoid spoilers. Not sure why though. Maybe because he is the lead in that drama. Luckily, all discussions about MF were in the MF thread and not in this thread. Avoiding spoilers for MF was almost unbearable but definitely worth it. Hahaha. 

Why you are not watching it yet? By the time you go from episode 1 to episode 12, the drama would have finished so it won't be a long wait unlike us now. Have to wait a whole week. :sleepy:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I guess JH himself will laugh at those comments. Reincarnation of YBW, YBW ghost. JH is a catholic. He mentioned it at Friends in Croatia. He and Ki Sub. 

So what is he a ghost or reincarnation?

I remember in one BTS of Voice they were shooting near a 'haunted' house and JH was scared though I don't know for real or not.lols

46 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yes I've also noticed all of those details. But JH(and his directors) has also used similiar details in his other dramas too. :)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Wow it’s hard to avoid spoilers if u wait till it ends to watch, it’s hard enough for me to avoid one day 

5 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

So what is he a ghost or reincarnation?

Which do u prefer ? Haha 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

oh I always read your translations. It is that I am not good at giving my opinions. :wub:

I noticed all that details too. When he rushed to his father when he fainted. it seems that only YBW truly cares of his father health. and the King never sees it. He merely thinks of him as the 5th son out of 8. :huh:

That last scene in ep.12 is super heart rending. His father cursed on him to have a lonely death. I feel SAD for YBW. Although he succeeded what he wants but the grief inside... :tears:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Yes! I noticed those details too, like the shivering of his hand when he heard his father sobbing and when he bowed in front of his father on his knees, he was controlling so hard not to cry . He was so heartbroken hearing his reply. Look at the veins on his forehead..they are acting too!

Screenshot-20191110-183324-Instagram.jpg

And he does that tears glistening in his eyes look so brilliantly well! I think he should conduct an acting class just for that!

There are so many little details in his limited scenes to help us understand his character more and deeper. I wish there will be an interview with him about his role again. I want to know the significance of the red coloured scar in his eyebrow for his character. I wonder if it has got to do with the blood covered path YBW chose..

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Look at the veins on his forehead..they are acting too!

I am always curious how he does that with his veins?!! It is impossible if he will bite his tounge like he said in DB. lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, nyk said:

I am always curious how he does that with his veins?!! It is impossible if he will bite his tounge like he said in DB. lol 

:lol:Someone need to ask him that question in an interview!! Maybe he should conduct another acting class on using veins to act!!

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

:lol:Someone need to ask him that question in an interview!! Maybe he should conduct another acting class on using veins to act!!

I don’t think that is teachable haha

As for interviews, typically there should be one after the show ends

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Why you are not watching it yet? By the time you go from episode 1 to episode 12, the drama would have finished so it won't be a long wait unlike us now. Have to wait a whole week. :sleepy:

I prefer binge watching. It's more engaging for me that way. Hehe. Besides, it'll only take me 2 to 3 days to finish a drama. I completed Beautiful Mind in less than a day. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2