20 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I can’t wait to catch up on the variety shows. 

@The Reel LifeI think his latest variety shows are :- Dragon Bromance, Carefree Traveler, City Fishers. I'm not a fishing person so I didn't quite enjoy fishing shows but I enjoyed very much DB and CT. Also, do watch his other slightly older variety :- Life Bar, My Little Old Boy, Friends in Croatia, TVN Taxi, Healing Camp, SNL Korea, One Table. ENJOY. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2019 at 3:43 PM, budgerie said:

Btw, have you started on Money Flower yet? If the genre is right for you, you'll fall hard for his character there too. :DI did. 

@budgerie, I have yet to watch another drama of his after FTLY. This is partly my fear of getting obsessed with his character and the drama as a whole, where I will be constantly chasing time to watch episode after episode :sweatingbullets:. However, I know I will have to start watching Money Flower soon once I am satisfied with watching all his English subbed variety shows/interviews.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, Biology Lesson said:

It seems like JH's fans are as respectful as he is. You can see that respect here , in how people are very careful not to discuss his private life too much. Very impressive

I have to say I am also impressed because everyone here seemed very respectful of his private life and rarely there is any unfounded speculations raised here on his private matters. No pictures were simply circulated, no gossips, etc.

If you all don't mind, I really need to comment on his hairstyles over the years. I understand certain hairstyles are necessary for his characters, but why oh why is Lee Gun's hairstyle changed to that long & straightened/flat look in the middle of the drama when he was in love with his wife? I still like him best in clean short haircut, just like the one when Lee Gun and his wife were separated during that 3 years (or just like the one in Money Flower). Even the short hair in the last part of FTLY or the one in Urban Cops is not exactly great but I presume in Urban Cops, he couldn't have anything complicated to style on his own and to look like a hardworking hardcore cop. Not sure if I like his current hairstyle, but still better than the long flat one that he portrayed in Lee Gun. As for his mustache, again my personal preference is clean sleek look, without mustache.

By the way, I watched once but can't seem to find it anymore - the clip in Real Man, where he read out a letter from his father. Can anyone share the link here?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

This is partly my fear of getting obsessed with his character and the drama as a whole

@AquariusMYI was so obsessed with his character in MF. To me, in my personal opinion, MF is his master piece along with BM. You have to watch BM too if you like medical genre. 

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

I have to say I am also impressed because everyone here seemed very respectful of his private life and rarely there is any unfounded speculations raised here on his private matters. No pictures were simply circulated, no gossips, etc.

I think he would want his fans to respect his private life too, and as fans, we also know he loves his family very much.   

2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

As for his mustache, again my personal preference is clean sleek look, without mustache.

I love his moustache in shine or go crazy. :D

3 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

the clip in Real Man, where he read out a letter from his father. Can anyone share the link here?

If I am not wrong, it's somewhere in this forum. I think it should be from page 216 onwards. :unsure:Also the video clip that he did - sending a (love) message to his wife. He still looked very shy when he did that. :wub: Fyi, page 355 359 366 and 362 have some clips on Real Men but not the ones you're looking for specifically.

Can you read chinese? If you can, chinese website has some interviews in chinese subtitles. I saw clip of his wedding in chinese website too. 

I haven't been able to find subtitles for Entertainment Weekly 2011 (after he won award for Chuno) and Poster Making for Money Flower. In both, he spoke quite a great deal and I'm curious because he spoke something about his wife. I can only understand "anae" and "gajog". 

4 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

watched once but can't seem to find it anymore - the clip in Real Man, where he read out a letter from his father. Can anyone share the link here?

Here the part which I translated.

The link with chinese subs is in the captions of the post.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

I haven't been able to find subtitles for Entertainment Weekly 2011 (after he won award for Chuno) and Poster Making for Money Flower. In both, he spoke quite a great deal and I'm curious because he spoke something about his wife. I can only understand "anae" and "gajog". 

Really? I will be curious to know what he spoke about too! Wish there are more of his interviews that can be translated.

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

Can you read chinese? If you can, chinese website has some interviews in chinese subtitles. I saw clip of his wedding in chinese website too. 

I can only recognize some words but will not be as satisfying as knowing exactly what he said. Nonetheless, I remember seeing some of his wedding pics in the early pages of this forum too.

@azureblue7, thanks for the clip and translation above!

17 hours ago, budgerie said:

@The Reel LifeI think his latest variety shows are :- Dragon Bromance, Carefree Traveler, City Fishers. I'm not a fishing person so I didn't quite enjoy fishing shows but I enjoyed very much DB and CT. Also, do watch his other slightly older variety :- Life Bar, My Little Old Boy, Friends in Croatia, TVN Taxi, Healing Camp, SNL Korea, One Table. ENJOY. :blush:

Thank you sooo much @budgerie for listing down all the variety shows he’s done! Can’t wait to check them out. 

I had the chance to watch SNL just recently and he was hilarious in it. Surprisingly he was very good in doing comedy skits! Loved his version of the iconic intro for SNL as well. I feel like not one show goes without people having to mention about his TJ past hahaha. Also the Happy Together episode with his Gaekju team was very funny as well! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I remember seeing some of his wedding pics in the early pages of this forum.

Oh, I meant a short (wedding) video, starting with both mothers walked the aisle, followed by JH, followed by his bride + her father. Bride looked so gorgeous in her gown with long veil or trail as you would name it. :)

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Thank you sooo much @budgerie for listing down all the variety shows he’s done! Can’t wait to check them out. 

I had the chance to watch SNL just recently and he was hilarious in it. Surprisingly he was very good in doing comedy skits! Loved his version of the iconic intro for SNL as well. I feel like not one show goes without people having to mention about his TJ past hahaha. Also the Happy Together episode with his Gaekju team was very funny as well! 

You're welcome. That's all I can recall off hand. 

Happy Together episode, they teased him about his kiss scene (hahaha)! 

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

You can see a list of all his dramas, movies, variety shows, commercial films etc on the first page of this forum thread :)

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

Oh, I meant a short (wedding) video, starting with both mothers walked the aisle, followed by JH, followed by his bride + her father. Bride looked so gorgeous in her gown with long veil or trail as you would name it. :)

Interesting! Now that you have triggered my curiosity, any idea how to search for this golden clip on the net?

• LOL 1

56 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Interesting! Now that you have triggered my curiosity, any idea how to search for this golden clip on the net?

Go in to 优酷. At the 搜全网 box, type in 张赫婚礼. Than look for 张赫婚礼清晰版. It will start with 2 mothers walking in. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

You can see a list of all his dramas, movies, variety shows, commercial films etc on the first page of this forum thread :)

@PrettysupI was cracking my head thinking what I had watched before...hahaha! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Jang Hyuk's cut

This confused me completely in terms of the size and importance of JH's role; he doesn't appear at all in the main part of the teaser, but he does get the entire last part? It made it seem like he in an entirely different show...

Also, how crazy it is that he looks better and younger than how he looked in Empire of lust, 4 years before?!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1