Side tracked a bit.  Has anyone watched Awaken?  I was bored and looking for something to watch, and the poster catched my attention cos it has that JH vibe.  7 episodes into the show, and I can totally imagine JH playing the lead character.  I've not watched any of Namgoong Min dramas before, but the way he acted is so similar to JH.  Even some of his expressions remind me of JH.   That makes me miss JH so much :please:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

Side tracked a bit.  Has anyone watched Awaken?  I was bored and looking for something to watch, and the poster catched my attention cos it has that JH vibe.  7 episodes into the show, and I can totally imagine JH playing the lead character.  I've not watched any of Namgoong Min dramas before, but the way he acted is so similar to JH.  Even some of his expressions remind me of JH.   That makes me miss JH so much :please:

Yea, it made me miss JH in a drama portraying a complex character which he's so good at.  The fact where the audience have to guess whether the character was good or a monster, his relationship with the mom and so on.    For this reason, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a melo as he keep promoting himself.  After all that's what made me fall for him as an actor in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

I'm thinking that "The Devil Judge" would be a perfect drama for JH and it didn't even aired yet :(

Someone said here a few days ago that loves JH in "heavy" roles and I agree with that so hard.

He is very kind and always wants to share but I think he should be the center of everything, and be offered challenging and complex roles where he Could show the chameleon actor who he is.

Now, a question, Whistle Stop only has raw version available, right?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Side tracked a bit.  Has anyone watched Awaken?  I was bored and looking for something to watch, and the poster catched my attention cos it has that JH vibe.  7 episodes into the show, and I can totally imagine JH playing the lead character.  I've not watched any of Namgoong Min dramas before, but the way he acted is so similar to JH.  Even some of his expressions remind me of JH.   That makes me miss JH so much 

Yes I watched it recently, maybe 2 weeks ago. And yeah I kept imagining JH in that role too haha. And my daughter thought I was watching JH actually becoz of the male lead’s facial hair perhaps. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Should be episode 17

Next week will be episode 18

I thought she asked about the cooking show. 

Didn't SHJ say he had been saying it since 10 years ago? Haha...

He did, I'm only worried that JH actually means it this time. 

anyway his next movie "The Kid Who Deserves to Die' is still action, and I believe the drama 'Red Loyal Heart' will have lots of action too? Unless he is going to act as the King's advisor instead of a general.

His next movie being an action movie encourages me, while in his new show we  really don't know anything about his  character- as usual the description of the show is so vague. I really really hope it's more of an action show than court intrigue... 

Looks like JH attended his painter friend's art exhibit. This is the friend that painted Bang won's fans, right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWCV7cNgfj/

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Prettysup said:

He is so agile and good at dodging, he didn’t even need to retaliate against these guys bigger than him. 

And the girl testing his skin elasticity is clearly trying to ‘eat his tofu’ by going so near him. She could have pinched the other side of his face that was nearer her reach. 

Ya man! I almost thought it was a sneak preview to some melo drama he is casted in! 

• Like 4

Jane translated some clips from  Whistle's stop at her IG. You can visit her IG for more. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXJabpNmNT/?utm_medium=copy_link

I've just finished watching Whistle's stop. Looks like Hyuk’s friend, SHJ didn't give him the full pic of the program. 

On the train ride with Chae Jung-an, they had a little chat. CJA mentioned that the show is like experiencing life there. But Hyuk told her that from what he "understood" , it is more of a talk or chat show..Lol!  CJA then said that JH has his gullible side.

So after cutting grass (for the goats), the three guys rested at the pavilion. SHJ then told Hyuk that didn't Hyuk feel lucky to be here.  Hyuk then mentioned that whatever variety shows he's  in , he's always "dragged in" by friends. Hyuk then commented that he didn't know he had to work here and the next day as well. So SHJ started gulping water out of guilt.  But Hyuk told him he can accept  whatever his brother  tells him to do. Hahaha! Guess maybe that's why SHJ told them to stop work later on and they went for the  luge rides.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Jane translated some clips from  Whistle's stop at her IG. You can visit her IG for more. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXJabpNmNT/?utm_medium=copy_link

I've just finished watching Whistle's stop. Looks like Hyuk’s friend, SHJ didn't give him the full pic of the program. 

On the train ride with Chae Jung-an, they had a little chat. CJA mentioned that the show is like experiencing life there. But Hyuk told her that from what he "understood" , it is more of a talk or chat show..Lol!  CJA then said that JH has his gullible side.

So after cutting grass (for the goats), the three guys rested at the pavilion. SHJ then told Hyuk that didn't Hyuk feel lucky to be here.  Hyuk then mentioned that whatever variety shows he's  in , he's always "dragged in" by friends. Hyuk then commented that he didn't know he had to work here and the next day as well. So SHJ started gulping water out of guilt.  But Hyuk told him he can accept  whatever his brother  tells him to do. Hahaha! Guess maybe that's why SHJ told them to stop work later on and they went for the  luge rides.

Grace also translates clips from the show. Here's her account- 

https://www.instagram.com/jshgrace/

I have to say, the more I see of these clips, the more I understand that I don't understand Korean culture, especially concerning their obsession with age when it comes to friendship. I don't understand their age restrictions when it come to friendships, how it's considered unusual, I guess, for older men to have younger men friends. Also, this culture of clubs of friends, that they institutionalize their different circle of friends- so strange to me. 

Also, I don't understand the humor and the way they speak- so much indirect speech between friends- why can't JH just say- "why didn't you tell me we're going to have to work?!!"

Also, about CTH and JH's friendship- I don't get it at all! How can only now realize that their wedding anniversaries are a day apart?! Also, it's clear they haven't spoken about their past work that much in private.  But they did say they used to hang out together- so, what, no talking while hanging out?! I don't understand this...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Rookie Bang Eun-jung confirmed her appearance in the movie "The Child Who Can Die." Confrontation with Jang Hyuk

Bang Eun-jung, a rookie, has been cast in "The Child Who Can Die." The agency Woongbin NS announced on the 21st June that it has begun preparing for filming in earnest, reporting the appearance of Bang Eun-jung's film "The Child Who Can Die."

The movie "The Child Who Can Die" is a film adaptation of Bang Jin-ho's novel of the same name and tells the story of a retired killer who uses violence to protect an adolescent girl whom he suddenly takes charge of.

Bang Eun-jung stars as Sung-yeon in the drama. Sung-yeon is a figure who arranges prostitution using runaway teenagers and will create tension as an axis of evil that heightens the conflict by confronting Jang Hyuk, who confirmed his appearance earlier.

This year, Bang Eun-jung has already starred in two movies "Young Adult Matters" and "You Are So Precious to Me". She is also currently starring in tvN's drama "My Roommate is a Gumiho". Meanwhile, "The Child Who Can Die" will begin filming in late June.

jolEr_5c.jpg

http://www.veritas-a.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=373111

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I happen to not like so called "erotic" Korean movies- I guess that Empire of Lust and Innocent thing will fit that genre. I find that they lack depth of emotion... Maybe that is what JH referring to...

The so called "erotic" scenes in EOL & Innocent Thing was so put off.

• Like 2

I'm loving watching these interviews, thank you for taking your precious time to translate it.

I think what made me completely Fall in love with JH is that I always found him an extremely intelligent actor even when I didn't know anything about his career or his creation processes. We can see through His acting his smart choices in every scene and watching him speaking about it it's just delightful. He always knows what to do in the scene, he has tasks for the character and internal tasks for himself, his work as an actor is so sophisticated. Amazing techniques and artifices management.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 6/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, azureblue7 said:

I saw this interview in chinese subs. Decided to sub parts of it in English but I think there may be  inaccuracies in my subtitles. 

Thanks! Ya this interview is good. Very down to earth man. Is this interview still in youku? I first saw it there but I haven't visited youku for a while now. :grin: He also spoke about his working partner JNR.

• Like 2