4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Jiyuu What does ssagaji mean? I googled it and I got “self centered” but I suppose it means other things? 

He has this "bad boy" quality (especially from the pre-military til thank you or robber?) that I feel hasn't been utilized in a long while.

33 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I... don't know what to think about this... We spoke about how sagueks often get exhausting with their constant court plotting, but this show sounds like it's ALL court plotting... Also, I wonder- JH's hair is short right now, while he said that he doesn't like to wear wigs, so obviously he wasn't preparing to play in a saguek

Aww. There goes my wish for something fun and light~

For hair, I'm not sure if you can use extensions and put it up in a bun but it looks gorgeous when it's down.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

"Absolute monarch" Lee Joon vs. "Kingmaker" Jang Hyuk will face off in "Red Dansim"

According to a report by Hankyung Dotcom on the 17th May, Lee Joon and Jang Hyuk will  face off in KBS new saguek drama 'Red Dansim'.

Oh, I checked. Lee Joon was with him in IRIS 2 (minor role).

• Like 2

A new project always excites me but also makes me nervous! Well, first, I suppose the news needs confirmation. Then, while its not the romance I keep hoping for, I can find some reasons to hope 1) I like Lee Joon 2) I hope Jang Hyuk looks beautiful in that drama. Yeah yeah Ill worry about all other aspects later but if he looks beautiful that’s half the battle won :tounge_wink: 3) He will likely let his hair grow again 

About CTH comment on the show about JHs Daesang for Chuno, Ill recap what Gumi said: She said she would need more context to understand better but based on the IG clip I showed her, she guesses that a) CTH is using a convoluted roundabout way to compliment JH, by praising him while sorta “insulting” him but somehow finding a way to bring up his “Daesang”. She mentioned her own dad has that way of paying compliments and that it might be an “ahjussi thing” lol b) Upon observing more carefully she actually felt CTH is really proud of JH 

I asked her why other ahjussis aren’t like JH who praises and supports his friends always in a more direct manner? She said JH is much sweeter than most ahjussis. He is special. Being so sweet is not the “default” ahjussi manner lol Maybe this is why sometimes other ahjussis laugh at his sincerity (?). They just don’t know how to react. 

@Jiyuu But he is always kinda bad boy, like, Piljoo, Bangwon. Do you mean more “naughty”, “mischievous” ?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

He has this "bad boy" quality (especially from the pre-military til thank you or robber?) that I feel hasn't been utilized in a long while.

Aww. There goes my wish for something fun and light~

Yep, that too... For sure this is not gonna be light...

8 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

For hair, I'm not sure if you can use extensions and put it up in a bun but it looks gorgeous when it's down.

He probably will, he just said that he doesn't like doing that. If you notice in MC he mostly had his hair up, so he didn't need to use any additions, and then in the last part of the show, they actually made it part of the show that he cut his hair short, so no need to mess with the long wig he used before at all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

A new project always excites me but also makes me nervous! Well, first, I suppose the news needs confirmation. Then, while its not the romance I keep hoping for, I can find some reasons to hope 1) I like Lee Joon 2) I hope Jang Hyuk looks beautiful in that drama. Yeah yeah Ill worry about all other aspects later but if he looks beautiful that’s half the battle won :tounge_wink: 3) He will likely let his hair grow again 

This one is scheduled for first half 2022. My guess is he will only start this after filming of the Child movie ends. Half a year to grow his hair haha. My concern about this new drama is its historical accuracy. Recently the other drama was axed after netizens complained about its historical accuracy. I hope that this one will address the issue properly.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

That's the thing- he just cut his hair short three weeks ago I think, so for sure this offer is fairly recent. If this show will be shown in the beginning of 2022, this means that the filming will start- when? November-December? Giving him more time to grow out his hair.. If this will be a more epic show, with battle scenes, then the filming will start before that, right? Maybe five months before airing, so that means July-August , I guess... 

About CTH comment on the show about JHs Daesang for Chuno, Ill recap what Gumi said: She said she would need more context to understand better but based on the IG clip I showed her, she guesses that a) CTH is using a convoluted roundabout way to compliment JH, by praising him while sorta “insulting” him but somehow finding a way to bring up his “Daesang”. She mentioned her own dad has that way of paying compliments and that it might be an “ahjussi thing” lol b) Upon observing more carefully she actually felt CTH is really proud of JH 

I don't know... In unexpected business he clearly mentioned JH in a context of jealousy- he said JH was amazing, which the first time I ever heard CTH pay JH an honest compliment, but the context was him talking about himself being jealous. And jealousy is not a positive emotion. In the cooking show it did manifested as not positive, clearly- saying JH's more popular than talented is not nice, however you look at it. And the thing is that we know that CTH is more popular, right? he had more successful movies and projects, if I'm not mistaken...

But I did notice that Korean can sometimes be very blunt towards each other. Like in the truth game they play with the shocking device or the cats ears- they, surprisingly, go for the jugular there. Even JH, in the Yacht Expedition, making the tall actress admit that she was lonely. That surprised me...

I asked her why other ahjussis aren’t like JH who praises and supports his friends always in a more direct manner? She said JH is much sweeter than most ahjussis. He is special. Being so sweet is not the “default” ahjussi manner lol Maybe this is why sometimes other ahjussis laugh at his sincerity (?). They just don’t know how to react. 

I agree with this. I remember I read OJH saying that his friendship with JH wasn't like a friendship between two men, but rather like a friendship between a man and a woman, and I think he was alluding to the fact that men usually are kinda harsh and gruff with each other, rarely pay compliments and often playfully insulting, while JH is not like that...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Just now, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Yeah lol and remember how Jang Nara felt JHs embrace is like that of a mother’s. I guess he is just sweet and gentle in general which might explain why people seem comfortable around him and drawn to touch him even though he is not into “touching” others himself. 

Which leads me again to ask- how can he be real?! Our sweet unicorn... :sipsboba:In the cooking show I love seeing how LSY now is so affectionate with JH. It's so sweet!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

"Absolute monarch" Lee Joon vs. "Kingmaker" Jang Hyuk will face off in "Red Dansim"

According to a report by Hankyung Dotcom on the 17th May, Lee Joon and Jang Hyuk will  face off in KBS new saguek drama 'Red Dansim'.

Lee Joon will play the role of 'absolute monarch' Lee Tae, who wants to strengthen his power and assassinate those who go against him.

Jang Hyuk will play the role of 'kingmaker' Park Gye-won, who fights against Lee Tae. He wants to create a good monarchy.

Attention is focusing on how popular Lee Joon, who has been recognized for his luxury acting skills, and Jang Hyuk, who boasts an irreplaceable presence, will perform.

"Red Dansim" is a fiction historical drama that begins when Lee Tae, the enemy son-in-law of King Seonjong, who became king after Banjeong, ascended the throne of Joseon. Unlike his father, who was a weak monarch, Lee Tae wants to be an absolute monarch. Park Gye-won won credit from leading a successful rebellion, confronts Lee Tae in his efforts to make the king a "flower of the royal family" 

The drama is slated to be broadcast in the first half of 2022.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202105179796H

Can't really tell from the synopsis if he's playing the antagonist or protagonist.  Looks like a protagonist since he wants a good monarchy? Now my concern is how would he look? :joy: As beautiful as Bang won I hope 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

I didn't expect that it would be Saguek! :tears:  Anyway I should be happy that he has a new drama but 2022?? too long huh.

The story looks simple though.  Compared to all the rumors we heard before. But I think we still can't believe the first synopsis that came out. It is always opposite from what it is. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hey, was missing your insights! Great to see you back!! 

Thank you! I've been busy. And I've got many pages to catch up on in here. Hahaha!

His new project, is he going to be the King? My wish came true! Hahaha!

52 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Now my concern is how would he look? :joy: As beautiful as Bang won I hope 

Hairstyle right? Can a King have untidy hairstyle? I love BW untidy hairstyle. :lol:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Can't really tell from the synopsis if he's playing the antagonist or protagonist.  Looks like a protagonist since he wants a good monarchy? Now my concern is how would he look? :joy: As beautiful as Bang won I hope 

Looks like he is the good guy this time, but I am not sure why the news put his name in the second place.

1 minute ago, budgerie said:

Thank you! I've been busy. And I've got many pages to catch up on in here. Hahaha!

His new project, is he going to be the King? My wish came true! Hahaha!

Hairstyle right? Can a King have untidy hairstyle? I love BW untidy hairstyle. :lol:

No, he is not the King. He is someone (general maybe?) that opposes the bad King.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Looks like he is the good guy this time, but I am not sure why the news put his name in the second place.

Well, I hope it's more like JH usual "good" guys- complex and gray morally. Makes it more interesting :) 

3 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No, he is not the King. He is someone (general maybe?) that opposes the bad King.

Maybe it's like in DRT that had essentially three leads, or MC with two leads (the girl got lost along the way...)

• Like 3

@Prettysup It sounds to me like both Lee Joon and Jang Hyuk will be leads. His description makes him sound like a “good” guy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he is the “protagonist”. This sounds to me a case like Six Flying Dragon where YAI played Bangwon and Kim Myung Min played Jeong Do Jeon. Both were almost equally important although I’d say the drama was the story of Bangwon. Furthermore, neither guy was a hero or a villain. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Here's a little more information about both leads at a Naver blog:

Lee Tae-tae, who aims to kill Park Gye-won (Jang Hyuk) and anti-government figures to strengthen his royal authority. In order not to beg for his life, Lee Jun, a character who does everything necessary.

Jang Hyuk plays Park Gye-won, who will continue the tense conflict by pressuring Lee Tae (Lee Joon). He is a kingmaker who is a living power and obeys everyone without revealing his power, and makes a wise and virtuous king with his own hands so that the foundation of Joseon will not be shaken by tyrants again.

https://m.blog.naver.com/lhswind2/222354365803

Here's the ad where the actor  imitated Daegil..haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO93YaalOcD/?igshid=pinnlykxooha

I went to check the scriptwriter Park Pil Joo's earlier work "Marry me now". It won best drama and best screenplay at the 11th Korea drama awards. But better keep my expectations lower.:flushed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's a little more information about both leads at a Naver blog:

Lee Tae-tae, who aims to kill Park Gye-won (Jang Hyuk) and anti-government figures to strengthen his royal authority. In order not to beg for his life, Lee Jun, a character who does everything necessary.

Jang Hyuk plays Park Gye-won, who will continue the tense conflict by pressuring Lee Tae (Lee Joon). He is a kingmaker who is a living power and obeys everyone without revealing his power, and makes a wise and virtuous king with his own hands so that the foundation of Joseon will not be shaken by tyrants again.

https://m.blog.naver.com/lhswind2/222354365803

I hope this show is not gonna be these two guys sitting around in their court clothes plotting and counter plotting... This can get really boring to me! I notice they didn't mention what JH's character position is- if he is a noble person serving in the court or a commoner. I wonder if JH's character will be kinda similar to the character of Song Ok-sook (MY mother is FTLY) in DRT. She seemed like a commoner, but she was very powerful. That could be interesting!

Here's the ad where the actor  imitated Daegil..haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO93YaalOcD/?igshid=pinnlykxooha

I wonder if he was afraid to speak with JH, since he didn't speak to him before doing the ad. Considering this guy knows KJK, wouldn't it be common curtesy to talk to JH before doing something like that? So it's nice that he at least feels uncomfortable now speaking to JH <_<

I went to check the scriptwriter Park Pil Joo's earlier work "Marry me now". It won best drama and best screenplay at the 11th Korea drama awards. But better keep my expectations lower.:flushed:

I'll try watching that show. Hope that means there will be some romance in the show...

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

hope this show is not gonna be these two guys sitting around in their court clothes plotting and counter plotting... This can get really boring to me! I notice they didn't mention what JH's character position is- if he is a noble person serving in the court or a commoner. I wonder if JH's character will be kinda similar to the character of Song Ok-sook (MY mother is FTLY) in DRT. She seemed like a commoner, but she was very powerful. That could be interesting!

A fan on twitter mentioned his role sounds like Kang Pil Joo. :love:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk’s weekly schedule
17-23 May, 2021

Preparing and shooting the movie, “A child who deserves to die”

No mention of filming of Bang Bang Cook Cook. Is next week the last ep?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

But does it really? Is it the “seems to obey but is actually in control” kind of thing? 

Yes.. like he's the strategist, the powerful man "behind the scene", controlling people without them being aware..

• Like 3