39 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Am I the only one confused by the plot? it could be just the translation... So, let me get this straight- The wife of the killer leaves him to babysit a 16yrs old? And that makes him remember a strange incident in which someone was looking for a girl exactly that age to just kill?! I am completely confused...:blink:

The first part I think is right, the second part about looking for a girl to kill I am not so sure. I think he is supposed to protect her not kill her?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

The first part I think is right, the second part about looking for a girl to kill I am not so sure. I think he is supposed to protect her not kill her?

It sounds abit like Swordsman still? Except that it’s not his own daughter? 

I do hope his character is layered and not just an action master! And that the plot is intriguing too, instead of merely trying to showcase too much action scenes. I miss JH doing detailed nuanced acting scenes like in MF!!! 

• Like 3

@The Reel Life But his acting was beautiful and he was beautiful in The Swordsman. The story was too simple and predictable but he managed to make his character appealing to the point I wanted to see more of him. This new character seems to have even more meat and Im already anticipating JH being delicious in this role (I have to lower my expectations now, none of my extreme reactions is good for me lol) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

No, I meant he remembered an incident in which someone else wanted to kill a girl for no reason... Me not understanding the Korean synopsis is nothing new :) It's always so cryptic and vague... like the synopsis for Money flower- it tell nothing about the actual show.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I love it that he seems to have a secret past that made him a killer. I tried reading the longer preview. Also distracted like Jane but more because of  the horrible Google translation..:smashes:

But he has a lot of thoughts going on in his head.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I watched the first ep of “The Way of the Househusband” on Netflix and that character is absolutely made for JH! The way he lowers his voice and drawls at times, the ex gangster with the soft sweet side, that funny way he has of being scary and adorable at the same time and even the way he sings out of tune :hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

A blog by the author of rhe book , Bang Ji Ho.

https://m.cafe.naver.com/ca-fe/web/cafes/leftarmlll/articles/1633?useCafeId=false&or=m.search.naver.com&query=장혁&buid=e1b8a40b-0207-4f29-afba-2bbbb659f9d9&art=ZXh0ZXJuYWwtc2VydmljZS1uYXZlci1ldGMtZm9yLWNvbW1lbnQ.eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjYWZlVHlwZSI6IkNBRkVfSUQiLCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOjE2MzMsImlzc3VlZEF0IjoxNjE5NjcyNDE4MDI3LCJjYWZlSWQiOjExMDQyOTA3fQ.l2SFnxT3HRpoY2u9OHR3qlL99Y_X0kA68ENygHWPHm0

This part is translated from what he wrote,

I met a good production company, an investment company, a PD, an actor, and a director, and I started making a movie.

After a bit of pain, I heard that you adapted the scenario faithfully to the original. (In particular, I heard that actor Jang Hyuk wanted a scenario that was faithful to the original. Thank you, actor Jang Hyuk.)

Actor Jang Hyuk plays the role of Bang Ui-gang, and I am looking forward to seeing how the high-level action of the original will be expressed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I watched the first ep of “The Way of the Househusband” on Netflix and that character is absolutely made for JH! The way he lowers his voice and drawls at times, the ex gangster with the soft sweet side, that funny way he has of being scary and adorable at the same time and even the way he sings out of tune 

Right? :D I can see JH reveling in a role like this! The only problem is that the entire show in made of short vignettes. There is a very vague plot, but the structure is unique. I wonder what JH will do with such a structure... I saw a bit of the live action version, and it's essentially an exact copy of the anime. Can't see JH doing something like that. He needs to insert his own interpretation...

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

A blog by the author of rhe book , Bang Ji Ho.

https://m.cafe.naver.com/ca-fe/web/cafes/leftarmlll/articles/1633?useCafeId=false&or=m.search.naver.com&query=장혁&buid=e1b8a40b-0207-4f29-afba-2bbbb659f9d9&art=ZXh0ZXJuYWwtc2VydmljZS1uYXZlci1ldGMtZm9yLWNvbW1lbnQ.eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjYWZlVHlwZSI6IkNBRkVfSUQiLCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOjE2MzMsImlzc3VlZEF0IjoxNjE5NjcyNDE4MDI3LCJjYWZlSWQiOjExMDQyOTA3fQ.l2SFnxT3HRpoY2u9OHR3qlL99Y_X0kA68ENygHWPHm0

This part is translated from what he wrote,

I met a good production company, an investment company, a PD, an actor, and a director, and I started making a movie.

After a bit of pain, I heard that you adapted the scenario faithfully to the original. (In particular, I heard that actor Jang Hyuk wanted a scenario that was faithful to the original. Thank you, actor Jang Hyuk.)

Actor Jang Hyuk plays the role of Bang Ui-gang, and I am looking forward to seeing how the high-level action of the original will be expressed.

Sounds like JH has a big influence on this production... This is even more exciting!!:getmygrooveon:

But- did the author explain what was the actual scenario in the book is?! I still don't get the plot... :blink:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Right? :D I can see JH reveling in a role like this! The only problem is that the entire show in made of short vignettes. There is a very vague plot, but the structure is unique. I wonder what JH will do with such a structure... I saw a bit of the live action version, and it's essentially an exact copy of the anime. Can't see JH doing something like that. He needs to insert his own interpretation...

Sounds like JH has a big influence on this production... This is even more exciting!!:getmygrooveon:

But- did the author explain what was the actual scenario in the book is?! I still don't get the plot... :blink:

Here's a translation of a reader's review of the book;

It's a very cinematic character, even with the virtue of being a handsome man who goes on a rampage, so it's obvious that he's a very unrealistic character. A legendary killer, he is living a leisurely life with a large number of buildings in his retirement.

Then, he will be given a mission to take charge of Yoon Ji, a 15-year-old middle school girl for two weeks who doesn't know where to go. However, he was unintentionally drawn into a war with the prostitution organization due to Yoonji, and after that, he was in a difficult situation to regain his reputation as a legendary killer.

Knowing Yoon-ji's tragic past as well as the evil deeds of the prostitution organization, Bang Kang eventually saves Yoon-ji and heals her wounds by using relentless murder and unique information. First off, it's fun. The page goes on without hesitation, and you feel your blood pressure rise and excitement fluctuate from time to time. Villains dying at the hands of the river in the room are hard to fathom, and each time they can be more than cathartic. I wonder about the past of the legendary killer room lecture, which was nicknamed "writer," and I often want to find and read other cases that he solved. The writer uses thrilling and relentless "punishment" in the way the reader wants to, to the point where there is no other killer thriller like this because he feels speed, tension, and vicarious satisfaction.

In terms of entertainment, it's true that five stars are enough and it'll be great if it's made into a movie.

Original source https://m.blog.naver.com/memories226/221289125398

20 hours ago, kohnlee said:

And the title of the movie is errrr 

“A child who can die” 

This is what the author said about the title he had chosen for the book (from his blog)

"The publisher said it was the most interesting movie in the series, so you can look forward to it a little bit. The title is "The Child Who May Die". I asked a friend who was a Christian out of my desperate need of a title, and he almost broke up because there was no child in the world who could die. There's no such child in the world. So it is an ironic expression of a child's importance + a provocative title."

Naver blog link

Oh yes and I missed out one part, his wife is the scariest in the world.:joy: Think the killer loves his wife and gives in to her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's a translation of a reader's review of the book;

It's a very cinematic character, even with the virtue of being a handsome man who goes on a rampage, so it's obvious that he's a very unrealistic character. A legendary killer, he is living a leisurely life with a large number of buildings in his retirement.

Then, he will be given a mission to take charge of Yoon Ji, a 15-year-old middle school girl for two weeks who doesn't know where to go. However, he was unintentionally drawn into a war with the prostitution organization due to Yoonji, and after that, he was in a difficult situation to regain his reputation as a legendary killer.

Oh yes and I missed out one part, his wife is the scariest in the world. Think the killer loves his wife and gives in to her.

Wah sounds good! Important that he is handsome (no weird hairdo). 

I think he will show some soft side thats why hard to regain reputation as a killer lol... 

And scared of his wife, sounds good too !

Btw 'river in the room' is a translation of the character's name Bang Yi-gang.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the first time that I've seen CTH compliment JH :) And I actually understand why he says he wasn't jealous when JH won. Usually you feel jealousy about things that you think you could have done yourself, and the feeling is of "this could have been me, as I could done a similar if not better job"... but there is no way to feel that way about what JH did in Chuno. Only JH could have produced that kind of performance. And I mean in the world! 

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

'National Defense Cook Cook' Choi Soo-jong and Ha Hee-ra and Sudden tears during the game → Out of resentment

members of 'National Defense Cook Cook' will unfold.

In MBN's entertainment program'National Defense Cook' (Director Sung Kim, hereinafter'Bang Bang Cook'), broadcast on May 1, the actor team and the sports player team enter into a full-fledged cooking showdown under the theme of'a table served by dad'. Both teams who secured the cooking budget through the game have time to ponder the menu. The actor's team is summoning memories and proceeding smoothly, but thanks to Jang Hyuk, who is possessed by Professor Jang Hyuk, enjoys a party with a loud laughter. In addition, Jang Hyeok's insistence on the subject of'Dad' continues, and is known to have had a great influence on the menu decision, which stimulates curiosity. The actor's team cooks in a friendly atmosphere under the direction of detailed'Chef Yeop'. Against this, the sports player team chooses a menu that adds various ideas from Joo-yeop Hyun of'Mokkaebi' and the chance of acquaintance with Kim Tae-gyun. Ahn Joo-yeop and Ahn Joo-yeop's'Youngest Love' continues even during the time for material preparation. The hyungs, who are anxious about Kim Tae-gyun's continuing mistakes, are nagging while pressing the simmering anger. However, Kim Tae-gyun achieves the spirit of having good mentality and wins the title of'Kim Pushon'. In this atmosphere of play and play, both teams prepare a table full of their father's heart. Choi Soo-jong and Ha-hee, the representative of the entertainment industry, will appear as a special guest who will evaluate the cuisine and release a variety of episodes along with the story behind the confrontation.

In particular, Choi Soo-jong embarrassed everyone by showing tears during the game with Ha Hee-ra. In the end, Choi Soo-jong expressed his resentment, and Cha Tae-hyun showed a surprised reaction, saying, "I didn't know this would be the case with a low-difficulty question," and Choi Soo-jong's tears are further stimulating viewers' curiosity.

Choi Soo-jong and Ha Hee-ra couple can find out what team they chose as the winners of the Jwachung-woo-dol cooking showdown, and why Choi Soo-jong showed tears on the 4th episode of'Bang Bang Cook', which airs at 5:50 pm on the 1st. (Photo = provided by MBN)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000435735?lfrom=twitter

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

hm..are those the new lie detectors they're wearing I wonder...

Yes. I saw it on Running Man. The ears will start moving wildly if they lie. Hyuk will be cute wearing them..Lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1