3 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Do they fix the houses?  Anyone know where this is sub?

Is this video new? A new show? Haha ya it’s quite odd for him to be on this show. 

anyway, let’s hope good things come to those who wait! Perhaps he’s just waiting for something really good that he wants. I’d rather that be it than just randomly taking up poor quality projects. Even if there’s no project this year - hopefully we will get news of something soon for early next year. 

:waitwhat:

Also to all the chat above, I agree that the agency has HUGE influence. That’s where they can use their network to get all the big budget projects. It’s not a secret I believe. Some agencies fight for the projects for their staff, unless you’re some super big name then the script may come to you directly, else it goes through the agencies also I believe. Hence, it’s true that if Sidus is less influential, JH’s chances of being in a big budget or high profile show is low, unless a director or writer courts him specifically for a project. 

and welcome @meowpow to this forum fan club of JH :heythere: feel free to share with us how you became a fan of his! That’s something we always enjoy hearing from those new to his page here! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Do they fix the houses?  Anyone know where this is sub?

It's a show that JH did a few years ago, and yes they fix the house. I don't think it has subs... It's a show of the style of 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'. The episode with JH was charming and funny, as JH seem to got involved in the planning of the kitchen, and seems that, like anything else that he does, he was very thorough about that, as he talked the ear off one of the hosts of the show about it :) 

I was actually meaning to ask if anyone has the link for this episode, as I did once watch it, but now I can't find it. The same goes for the episode of "God of Hospitality" that JH did. For some reason I can only find the other episodes, and not the first episode with JH... So if anyone has a link to the show, I'd love it if you could DM it to me...

• Like 4

Gosh all the cute emoji make me reminiscence my early day on soompi. it's kind my new obsession at that time. lol. when I saw my post count I keep thinking what did I post? haha. on early day you can see there's bunch of emoji people post and reaction emoticon is far better than now. 

opps they have memes now? :twerk2:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome ! :D

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

and welcome @meowpow to this forum fan club of JH :heythere: feel free to share with us how you became a fan of his! That’s something we always enjoy hearing from those new to his page here! 

I got into the whole korean entertainment scene through variety shows basically. One of the first few was Family Outing many years ago and that was when I first saw him. Didn't really think much of it back then but a couple years later I decided to rewatch Family Outing and fell in love. Decided to check out his work bit by bit and lurked around this thread since not many of my friends know much of him since I guess he is in the older category compared to some kpop idols and actors. Life got busy and I stopped keeping up after Money Flower but now I am back again :doggie:. Not an entirely interesting story I'm afraid but it's like rediscovering Jang Hyuk all over again by rewatching many of his stuff. Happy to see such active discussion nowadays. It's incredible how much this thread has grown compared to 3 years back and you all seem as lovely as ever. Happy to be part of this community! -_-

Edited by meowpow
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

19 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

In order for him to talk, the MCs need to address him personally and give him a little bit of space... Yoo Jae-suk from Running man and Family outing is very good at that. But CTH- not so much... 

I hope I'm wrong but I seem to have the impression that both CTH/JH aren't as close as before. Yes they may be friends for ages but friendship do change. Even in DB, I don't seem to find the "bond" between CTH/JH. The friends in Croatia seemed a lot closer to each other.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

CTH/JH aren't as close as before. Yes they may be friends for ages but friendship do change. Even in DB, I don't seem to find the "bond" between CTH/JH. The friends in Croatia seemed a lot closer to each other.

I hear you. In Friends in Croatia JH seems to be laughing more freely(??) if that even makes any sense. Maybe the dynamic is different since he is with his juniors but I feel people like CTH and KJK who has been in many variety shows put on a show in front of the camera. In Family Outing and Dragon Brothers, CTH seems to be a bit mellow whereas in the Hometown Flex he seems a bit obnoxious(?) :sweatingbullets: I am obviously judging from that short clip so it doesn't really say much. I have not watched CTH outside from FO and DB so my views may be a bit skewed 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, budgerie said:

I hope I'm wrong but I seem to have the impression that both CTH/JH aren't as close as before. Yes they may be friends for ages but friendship do change. Even in DB, I don't seem to find the "bond" between CTH/JH. The friends in Croatia seemed a lot closer to each other.

I believe @Biology Lessonsaid something along the lines. However CTH keeps inviting him to his shows. I think they are probably just like family who don’t see each other often, but the bond is still there, almost “taken for granted”. But we’ll see what we perceive in this new show, given that the other Dragon brother’s won’t be around. I’m kind of curious to see their dynamic. It looks however like the two hosts CTH and LSG will be together and be loud most of the time if we go by the trailers (but I hope not) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I believe @Biology Lessonsaid something along the lines. However CTH keeps inviting him to his shows. I think they are probably just like family who don’t see each other often, but the bond is still there, almost “taken for granted”. But we’ll see what we perceive in this new show, given that the other Dragon brother’s won’t be around. I’m kind of curious to see their dynamic. It looks however like the two hosts CTH and LSG will be together and be loud most of the time if we go by the trailers (but I hope not) 

Yeah I didn’t expect them to be so loud and so hyper lol ... that’s why I actually like Yoo Jae Suk as a host... he does talk about the guests and focus on them and encourage them to speak up. 

I believe someone mentioned this and is right - JH is the type who would open up if the host or interviewer directs a question to him or involves him in an activity... otherwise he will probably be  his quiet self lurking in the background while others take center stage. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yeah I didn’t expect them to be so loud and so hyper lol ... that’s why I actually like Yoo Jae Suk as a host... he does talk about the guests and focus on them and encourage them to speak up. 

I believe someone mentioned this and is right - JH is the type who would open up if the host or interviewer directs a question to him or involves him in an activity... otherwise he will probably be  his quiet self lurking in the background while others take center stage. 

Hihi he's the nation's mc for a reason.  I think he has a little soft spot for JH too.  He says things like our JH, trying to cheer him up with pancake in FO, etc.  

I was watching the running man video clip again and at 14:37 YJS came back to JH twice and surprise that JSJ also put his arm's around JH's shoulder.  He's like a good brother to them or they might feel bad he was sick that day.  Regardless it was sweet.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

but the bond is still there, almost “taken for granted”.

I do agree with you about the "taken for granted" part. Sometimes when we've been friends with someone for ages, we tend to (not on purpose) "neglect" the feelings of the other person. We often might think that, we've been friends for ages, he/she won't be angry but it's not true.

7 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

that’s why I actually like Yoo Jae Suk as a host... he does talk about the guests and focus on them and encourage them to speak up. 

The Running Men host right? Ya I like him too! He knows how to coax people to talk. Frankly, initially I used to like watching RM but over the years, sometimes I find they're too noisy. Hahaha!

• Like 2

So... I’m not gonna pretend that I’m not disappointed at all! 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410405wpp/song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-in-talks-to-lead-upcoming-tvn-drama

PD of money flower, if only she and JH reunited for this! Felt like it was a role he would have done really well and it’s a romcom too. Maybe they wanted a younger actor. 

ah well, again, good things come to those who wait :drinksboba:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

So... I’m not gonna pretend that I’m not disappointed at all! 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410405wpp/song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-in-talks-to-lead-upcoming-tvn-drama

PD of money flower, if only she and JH reunited for this! Felt like it was a role he would have done really well and it’s a romcom too. Maybe they wanted a younger actor. 

ah well, again, good things come to those who wait :drinksboba:

Hmmm... what made you want JH to play in this?  the director being MF's director?

I personally don't think the director of MF was that good... I'd rather see JH work again with the director of FTLY or BM, more than anything...

Checking the details of the show I see that the writer is the writer of The fiery priest, which to me is not a good thing. Also, the premise doesn't sound too promising and kinda odd- would the lead need to speak with an Italian accent?! 

At any rate, I'd join you and continue to wait :)  :hotinhere2:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, corey said:

Yes, I would like to see that. I do not know how much of JH's acting in MF was to be attributed to the directing, but I loved it. It was sooo  subdued and "minimalistic". Hard to believe that taciturn, quiet but deadly PJ is played by the same person as flamboyant, crazy LG. I think the PD got to appreciate that JH is acting with his eyes and this is enough - that in this case, less is more! So this definitely would have been a go from me!

My guess is that Pill Joo's design  was all JH. JH has shown his range to me already in the difference between Lee gun and LYO, so I don't think he specifically needed to be directed to show more restraint. If I understand the timeline around MF, it's that the role was offered to him before, but he initially refused it as he wasn't pleased with the script. He didn't agree to it until they changed it to his satisfaction. And then he took the role, but at the time the show had another director. JH was the one who recommended Kim Hee-Won as the second director or something like that (not sure about the exact term), like she was in FTLY. It was only after the director of MF left, that she became the main director. Reading her comments she was extremely grateful to JH for becoming MF's director, and she felt obligated to him to not fail him. We do see her directing JH in the BTS of MF, but I'm sure the design of the character and decision on his mannerisms was done by JH way before they started to film. Just as I am I'm sure was the case in MC. I do think JH needs direction. he himself said that when in WOL he was left to his own devices and it showed. From what I've seen of JH, in his case the director's job is to fine tune JH, not to tell him what to do. JH will discuss his plans with the director, but to a point. Remember the director in MC that didn't even know about what JH was planning to do with the fans...

Not necessarily, depending on how old was the child when adopted. Anyway, I would not know how the Korean spoken with an Ialian accent would sound like.

It would be interesting for me so see such a "fish out of water" character who lived in Europe go back to Korea. I am definitely going to watch  this drama, to see if it is realistic (i.e. if the character who grew up in Italy would really seem like Italian or at least European).

I just saw a clip of a korean adoptee that spoke no Korean but perfect american English. I think usually people abroad adopt small babies, so most of the time those that were adopted wouldn't even know Korean. But I actually am sure this character wouldn't be speaking with an Italian accent. Not because it doesn't make sense, but because Kdramas don't tend to get too concerned with small details.

I actually saw another production that might have interest me more for JH- ‘Now, We Are Breaking Up’- a show to which Park Soo Ae, the actress from Flu, was cast. https://www.soompi.com/article/1408618wpp/soo-ae-in-talks-for-her-first-drama-in-4-years

The writer is the one who wrote Misty, and for a moment I thought the male protagonist wasn't cast. But then I saw an offer was announced in June... Oh, well... 

https://www.kdramapal.com/yoo-tae-oh-courted-upcoming-romance-drama-along-park-soo-ae/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmmm... what made you want JH to play in this?  the director being MF's director?

I personally don't think the director of MF was that good... I'd rather see JH work again with the director of FTLY or BM, more than anything...

Checking the details of the show I see that the writer is the writer of The fiery priest, which to me is not a good thing. Also, the premise doesn't sound too promising and kinda odd- would the lead need to speak with an Italian accent?! 

At any rate, I'd join you and continue to wait :)  :hotinhere2:

She was also the second PD in FTLY. Many scenes were her responsibility. This is where JH met her and why he trusts her. She also directed Old Goodbye which despite having a convoluted plot, looked beautiful and had great atmosphere. The Crowned Clown was also well directed. She is definitely good. 

But I agree that the plot for Vincenzo sounds strange. 

About JH, he has great range and vision but he does need a director to reign him in, especially in comedic roles or super dramatic moments or when his character is supposed to be energetic which is where he can go overboard. Shine or go crazy is one example of a drama where I believe the PD wasn’t directing much. It showed in the acting of everyone, like they were all in a different “mode” but also visually, makeup, the ugly wigs that others wore, the lighting, etc. 

• Like 3