5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Never really try to compete with other fans.

I'm positive JH would not want his fans to behave in such a manner that we badmouth other artistes or verbal fight with other artistes fans. This would be childish behaviour but c entertainment has lots of this. Imagine there are so many artistes, why must there be the best? Can't people co-exist? You have your idol, I have mine. Both are good. :D

4 hours ago, corey said:

Myself, I worry that in a few years I will be in the halmoni category, LOL :D. I only come across as an immature person, while being really old in fact.

I'm definitely halmeoni (grandma) category now. You can guess my age if I was a school athlete in the 70s. :grimace:But it's ok, I can still like an idol many years my junior. Hahaha!

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

with JH it's a combination of things,

Fully agree! I'm one that prefers my idol to be a private person. Reel & real separate. I don't really like idol who "update" their family life on the social media. Not that it's anything wrong but it's just not my preference. JH is very private in terms of his personal life. And we have also not heard any romance scandal despite being in the industry for so long.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH had met with a few of his friends (these are some of the member of the shy club?). I must say, JH's friend Choi Ki-Sub is looking real good since his wedding. Love the longer hair! 

Also, is that the lady that painted Bang won's fans?

Since, I can't embed the IG link, I can just post it, right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB8HMaWF6X5/

Wow! You did a really good job brushing the picture up! I think I see the beauty mark there... :)

Here's the pictures.

Wow! Your eyesight is really sharp. Actually where is his beauty mark? So that I will not touch up that mark next time.. haha :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's the pictures.

Wow! Your eyesight is really sharp. Actually where is his beauty mark? So that I will not touch up that mark next time.. haha :lol:

Thanks for the pics! How do you copy pics from IG?

I think the reason the Beauty mark disappeared is that the original pic is kinda blurry. I guess you used some kind of algorithm to sharpen the image (really good algorithm), but it missed the beauty mark :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Thanks for the pics! How do you copy pics from IG?

I think the reason the Beauty mark disappeared is that the original pic is kinda blurry. I guess you used some kind of algorithm to sharpen the image (really good algorithm), but it missed the beauty mark :)

I take screen shots or use 10insta website to download the pics.  I'm still curious. Is the beauty mark the one on his cheek? He has too many beautiful marks.. hahaha

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I take screen shots or use 10insta website to download the pics. 

Oh, I wondered if I was missing some other way. IG is strange :) 

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I'm still curious. Is the beauty mark the one on his cheek? He has too many beautiful marks.. hahaha

Oh, I just meant the one on his neck. You can see a blurry mark where it is in the picture. You can see it clearly here- 

• Love 2

@Biology Lesson I have noticed that JH haters have calmed down to the point of almost disappearing. It’s very peaceful now. But, if you’d been around the time Voice aired (he got hate all throughout), even when FTLY started (then they calmed down) and Iris 2. Gumi used to say his haters seem to wait in the dark for him to slightly give them motive to pounce. But I haven’t noticed them ever since Voice (and I hope it stays this way). 

Oh I guess there was some controversy during WOL, but in that case Junho fans acted more like they were defending him from JH fans “vicious attacks”. Admittedly some people did sort of insult Junho “in the name of JH” consistently but curiously I didn’t recognize not a single one of those “fans” which makes me think they were mostly Junho’s antis from rival idol groups taking advantage of the situation. Normally JH fans “tend” to be older and not engage in silly fan wars (but of course there’s always the exception) Also, korean organized fans have a rule to not engage in fan wars as it only calls the attention of haters, and no one wants that. No matter what they secretly feel about other actors, they keep it to themselves when they are wearing the badge of JH fan. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I have noticed that JH haters have calmed down to the point of almost disappearing. It’s very peaceful now. But, if you’d been around the time Voice aired (he got hate all throughout), even when FTLY started (then they calmed down) and Iris 2. Gumi used to say his haters seem to wait in the dark for him to slightly give them motive to pounce. But I haven’t noticed them ever since Voice. 

I saw some of the comments about FTLY on the soompi thread. I think by the fourth episode even the haters had to admit JH was amazing as Lee gun. But, yes, I saw some of the nastiness then. As to Voice, It's interesting that he got hate for it, as now I see that that show is mostly loved by the non- JH fans . It seems that only JH's fans detest Voice and JH's role in it...

My theory is that after MF, JH has become untouchable in terms of his acting, since the term "god acting" started to be attached to JH. It has become universally accepted that he's a great actor. So now what I'm seeing is that only the shows he's doing get criticized, not his acting. It's funny cause I do have criticism for his acting is WOL, but online you will see that even though not everyone like that show, they will  have only praise for JH in it.

As I've mentioned, every now and again I do see negative comments, but since they are so few, they are usually phrased moderately and sound like they are from a persecuted minority- the oppressed JH haters! :)  Poor babies... I wonder: how bad does life need to be in order for someone to hate JH? especially since he is such a hard worker, modest, and, generally speaking, a sugary sweetheart?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

@Biology Lesson Yes, I agree with your assessments regarding the fandom and the now almost gone haters. I remember how confusing I found it when people kept asking for JH to come back to Voice S2 when all I had seen for him was hate! But yeah I perceived a switch and I don’t really miss the haters so I hope it stays like this. Like you said now the worse thing I hear is “he is overrated” 

I wanted to mention, since you guys were talking about why he is not as popular as Hyun Bin etc, I think that being married did affect his marketability (I honestly didn’t think this was the case but now I think maybe. One of those friends I told you about that Ive been talking to on Zoom and watch kdramas, said to another “newbie” friend that “as soon as korean actors get married they stop getting lead roles” and I was like what? I wanted to say something (but she is kind of stubborn and a bit of a “know it all” so I kinda just whispered but...Jang Hyuk...Ji Sung...) but anyway it did get me thinking if indeed certain “marketability” is lost especially when it comes to “romantic lead roles” since k-industry does love to play with the “fantasy” of potential “ships” and married actors kinda blow that possibility.

And in addition, another theory, maybe the fact that Hyun Bin, Lee Min Ho etc etc etc actually tend to do romantic roles, make them more “desirable” to younger fans who tend to go for those romantic comedies, etc This friend of mine for example (not young though, she is older than me) but she flat out declared “All kdramas have romance!” And I raised my little hand and said well not really anymore...now you have a lot of crime dramas, and always had historicals that may have had some insipid (forced) romance but was never the focus...and then she yelled “Well I don’t watch any sh!& that has no romance!” and I went welp (figured why she has rarely encountered Jang Hyuk in her drama journey. The only drama of his she watched was Thank You which she liked) 

But anyway, my point is, notice how up until recently, the dramas that were most heavily promoted to international audiences through streaming services were those very romantic ones and JH has only done a couple of those ,not that Im unhappy with his choices at all! but maybe that is why he is less “popular” with “girls”. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Oh I guess there was some controversy during WOL, but in that case Junho fans acted more like they were defending him from JH fans “vicious attacks”. Admittedly some people did sort of insult Junho “in the name of JH” consistently but curiously I didn’t recognize not a single one of those “fans” which makes me think they were mostly Junho’s antis from rival idol groups taking advantage of the situation. Normally JH fans “tend” to be older and not engage in silly fan wars (but of course there’s always the exception) Also, korean organized fans have a rule to not engage in fan wars as it only calls the attention of haters, and no one wants that. No matter what they secretly feel about other actors, they keep it to themselves when they are wearing the badge of JH fan. 

I wasn't there when WOL was broadcast, but I think we proved how considerate we were during MC- Since we didn't want to overwhelm the MC thread, and distract from the leads, we kept most of our comments about JH here. I think it also has to do with our confidence in JH's talent and experience- actors around him can be good (and JH himself will sometimes help them improve), but they still will not be able to overshadow him.

25 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

now the worse thing I hear is “he is overrated” 

Yep, that's the worst that I also see. 

25 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

But anyway, my point is, notice how up until recently, the dramas that were most heavily promoted to international audiences through streaming services were those very romantic ones and JH has only done a couple of those ,not that Im unhappy with his choices at all! but maybe that is why he is less “popular” with “girls”. 

I think we've discussed it before- how romantic shows are so popular with the "girls". But in those same discussions I also asked you guys which of those romantic roles do you wish JH has done, and the answer, as I recall, was not that many. Many of those romantic shows that are so successful are just not good or are very formulaic, and JH tends to choose roles that are gray and complex, which is not common in those shows. Too complex for those "girls", for sure...

After the success of "married life", I've noticed a surge in mentions of Midas, and I saw a comment saying how much more interesting the show would have been if they would have inserted a bit more sexuality into that show. The poster actually said a bit more of "50 shades of gray", which I don't agree with - "50 shades" are horrible books and movies (ugh!). JH did get a redo of Midas in MF, but I still don't think it was good enough, as the romantic aspect was too bland, yet again. but, we've already spoken about this... I kinda lost hope of seeing a well written romantic story in a kdrama... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

10 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Also, korean organized fans have a rule to not engage in fan wars as it only calls the attention of haters, and no one wants that.

I think generally k audience/fans are still "civilised" & "mild" compared to c audience/fans. :)

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I think that being married did affect his marketability

Could be the reason why celebrities get married secretly or in another country. Or worse, crazy fan girls might commit suicide if her idol gets married. Or there will be news non-stop about the spouse of the celebrity. JH obviously doesn't want that for his wife - for her to be in the news.

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

we proved how considerate we were during MC- Since we didn't want to overwhelm the MC thread, and distract from the leads, we kept most of our comments about JH here.

Ya agree, I think we're very considerate people really. We're not saying the leads aren't good ya. We're just saying they're not as good....hahaha! Btw, what's this that he's "overrated"....?? Did I miss out some news?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Comments? :loolz:

Ugh... Why would anyone do this?! They have JH as a model, and they decide to dress him up like a woman? Not just the horrible outfit (that reminds me of one of the outfits he wore in Models) but also the horrible hair... Also- where are his belly button and abs?! Bad photoshop?!

As to JH agreeing to this, I guess he is a very easy going, agreeable guy... 

• LOL 5

14 minutes ago, corey said:

I definitely prefer this look to his gangster look in WOL

I didn't even think he looks like a gangster in WOL. I expected the makeup artiste to give him a more rugged/rough look. Lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Stubble or clean shaven? It's like the long hair vs short hair topic. hahaha!

:heart1:

Actually, TBH looking at your clip, I prefer him clean shaven haha. I feel like it accentuates his features, jawline and beautiful nose better. 

And with regards to the tweet about repairing him with Kim Hee Ae, I’m all for it! They are both great actors, I just don’t know why JH doesn’t get to be paired enough with powerhouse leading actresses these days 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, you no like curly curly hair oppa???? Our Pre-Raphaelite beauty? No? ROTFL!

I definitely prefer this look to his gangster look in WOL or drunken cop in Voice. The curls are a bit over the top but otherwise I have no complaints.

Wait- so you are saying that you have no complaints concerning the horrendous curly hair pic, but you think this hair style is awful?!

:crazy:

OK... I think this confirms that our tastes run completely opposite to each other... :lol: 

As to gangster look, that I have no objection to, though I didn't think the look in WOL was much of a gangster look. It was more like a lets-make-sure-to-look-worse-than-the-lead look. 

JH has several photoshoots in which he looks edgy and sexy. Anyone of them I'd be pleased with... This one especially :) 

Jang Hyuk | Serendipity's Stream of Consciousness

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH has several photoshoots in which he looks edgy and sexy. Anyone of them I'd be pleased with... This one especially :) 

Jang Hyuk | Serendipity's Stream of Consciousness

Yeah, wasted opportunity. If only this look was reproduced in a drama when he had long hair. 

oh well, I’m ok with his current hairstyle but would prefer it combed up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, corey said:

That is absolutely correct. I am fine with the curls and I hate the "mushroom" covering his entire forehead and hiding his eyes.

And you know what my all time favourite, "the most beautiful person in the world" look is? Here:

Tell Me What You Saw, Takut Darah? jangan Nonton! | Curhat Si Ambu

There are curls there as well, aren't they?

On that picture we can agree- in the later episodes, OHJ's hair became prettier and prettier. Though if we think about who this character is, the hair is, I think, a bit too pretty. Too obviously designed. Kinda pulled me out of the show. I mean, are we expected to believe that OHJ spends hours every day at the hair dresser? One thing the hair people in Kdramas need to work on, is a more natural look, especially for guys... It's interesting that in this iteration of long haired JH , JH himself went for a more natural look in all of his public appearances, simple straight hair. Nothing like the multiple different hair styles he had 10 years ago.

But at least it's not the debutante curled hair that we have in those horrible pics. The shirt in that picture made me think of these characters from "the longest yard"... but these guys still have their belly buttons... 

The Longest Yard - Publicity still of Tracy Morgan ...

• LOL 2