4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Guysssss I don’t know what to watch!!!!!!

I need a good historical! (But not too long)

Or something ADORABLE like Fated to love you! (Or at least cute like “I’m not a robot)

But please NO rude shouty male lead and/or silly female lead who acts forcibly “cute” opening her eyes wide and blinking fast! If I see that I’m dropping it! (I’m a bit scarred by the Chicago Typewriter female lead)

I also need the drama to be already finished

I already have “Prison Playbook”, “My Ahjussi” and “Sky Castle” on my list but I’m not in the mood for those kinds of stories right now 

Me too, hahaha I'm in drought states of JH:bawling::cold_sweat:. He spoilt my taste of drama actors:confounded:.  I finally can watch his movie dance of the dragon:lol: many thanks to christine @ janghyuk_forever for the link:blush:. The movie a bit weird though and very slow in pace (I'm keep yawning ) But JH look so handsome and I can see his fine muscle, it is amazing for my eyes:wub:.

I think there is some problem of directing, because all the cast are very good and talented actor and actress but quite wasted in term of result. Just wondering  why the movie became too stiff and boring for my taste.

I tried watch Cdrama and Jdrama recently, but somehow drop it all I can not stand it because too unrealistic or too slow. :tears:.

I think I have to go back to my basic re-watch JH drama again.:lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

That is so strange... why would people like such a subject?

I hope JH never become part of such dramas.:wacko:

Broken families are last thing I would watch on the tv. :mellow:

I just can't stop thinking about JH's upcoming project right now !

• Like 3

Hi @corey Thanks for the suggestions! 

I like historicals that are a bit more “historical”. Like, not just using the past as a backdrop but with actual historical characters if possible and where the period of time, society, context plays an important part in the story. In that sense, Hwarang looks like the opposite of my taste :lol: (remember I don’t even find SOGC to be a “good” drama, I only watched it for JH) I’ll check out the others you suggested

I’m kind of tired of the cross dressing trope  (at the moment) but Tale of Nokdu is on my list for a future watch (due to some fight/battle scene I saw. That looked well done)

I will try Dr Romantic eventually but I’m not in the mood for medical or contemporary drama right now 

I watched Signal, and it was good. Also, not in the mood for crime drama :D

I know I’m being annoying at the moment and, almost competing with @Biology Lesson in “pickiness” but I’m in such a specific mood :unsure: 

I want something like Fated to love you (something adorable, genuinely cute, not forced, a couple with amazing chemistry) or Mr Sunshine (a historical with compelling characters where the historical context plays an important part) 

• LOL 1

8 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I like historicals that are a bit more “historical”. Like, not just using the past as a backdrop but with actual historical characters if possible and where the period of time, society, context plays an important part in the story. In that sense, Hwarang looks like the opposite of my taste :lol: (remember I don’t even find SOGC to be a “good” drama, I only watched it for JH) I’ll check out the others you suggested

I’m kind of tired of the cross dressing trope  (at the moment) but Tale of Nokdu is on my list for a future watch (due to some fight/battle scene I saw. That looked well done)

I will try Dr Romantic eventually but I’m not in the mood for medical or contemporary drama right now 

I know I’m being annoying at the moment and, almost competing with @Biology Lesson in “pickiness” but I’m in such a specific mood :unsure: 

I want something like Fated to love you (something adorable, genuinely cute, not forced, a couple with amazing chemistry) or Mr Sunshine (a historical with compelling characters where the historical context plays an important part) 

Hi @dramafan33, may be you can try to watch kdrama She was pretty. This drama quite funny for me.  the FL and Siwon choi really cute and crazy fun:lol:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lovehyukie said:

Hi @dramafan33, may be you can try to watch kdrama She was pretty. This drama quite funny for me.  the FL and Siwon choi really cute and crazy fun:lol:

Thank you!  She was pretty is on my list but somehow I haven’t pressed “play” yet

Also I was going to answer you about “Dance of the Dragon”. I think the problem with that movie was the script itself. It was too blah. Especially the ending or rather, the final “confrontation” (It was just dumb). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't really like the FL in the "Dance of the Dragon".  I've seen her in other local dramas and find her acting boring.  The problem I have with DOTD is the storyline, not impactful and convincing enough.  And JH in this movie is passionate about dancing but he fights better than his dance.  Maybe it'll works better if he's into marital arts rather than dancing...

But he's really eye-catching in this movie.  His face, body, his whole physique is a wonder to behold :love:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

I like historicals that are a bit more “historical”. Like, not just using the past as a backdrop but with actual historical characters if possible and where the period of time, society, context plays an important part in the story. In that sense,

I want something like Fated to love you (something adorable, genuinely cute, not forced, a couple with amazing chemistry)

Then watch J drama 'Asa Ga Kita' because it fulfills both of your requirements.

It's based upon actual historic characters and here period plays important part in the context of story. Second it has funny, adorable and quirky couple like FLTY. The drama has good balance of seriousness and humour. I think you will like it.

57 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Hey! No one can out pick my pickiness! :D

I'm trying to think what I can suggest to you, but I think I saw less Kdramas then you, and I already told you about all the shows I liked...

Can I suggest two american shows to you?  I want you to watch them in the context of JH. The first show is "Person of interest", that I've mentioned before. The first two seasons especially were great, and I want you to watch the main character from the show John Reese while thinking about OHJ. A possible plot line for him, though OHJ has the added complexity of being a profiler. John Reese is as deadly as OHJ, though he is a bit softer...

The other show I would recommend is "Due South" (an old show :) ) the first season specifically. I want you to see the episodes around Victoria ("Victoria's secret"), it's the mid season episodes. I think the plot line in those episodes would be great for an entire show for JH- a show filled with romance, passion and suspense... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Then watch J drama 'Asa Ga Kita' because it fulfills both of your requirements.

It's based upon actual historic characters and here period plays important part in the context of story. Second it has funny, adorable and quirky couple like FLTY. The drama has good balance of seriousness and humour. I think you will like it.

Are you sure? You make it sound too good to be true. I’m in a seriously picky mood right now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

But you tried to lure me. Didn't you? (-:D-)

Looks like it ya? But seriously no, didn't have the intention to lure you. :lol:

One of the reason why I avoid C dramas is because of their length. The good thing about C dramas is they move pretty fast(I'm saying it only on basis of few I've watched so my impression can be wrong) while most of K dramas(despite being shorter) drag. 

Can you share what you've watched? So I can also watch it if I haven't. My genre is pretty wide. I do have fav actors (I don't just have one) so I'm not really in drama drought. But if it's a drama that I like, I will rewatch it.

It's good thing that you are into C dramas now I can rely on you to get good suggestions. I'm only familiar with Chinese movies not dramas.

I've read synopsis of The Disguiser and it looks good. Only downside is it's too long...... 

Seems like all of NIF folks travelled through time machine to make a new drama in another era. 

I've been watching chinese drama for very long. Started with Taiwanese, followed by Hong Kong, followed by Mainland China. I don't really follow Taiwanese/Hong Kong drama these days. I stick to Mainland. 

Yes, Disguiser is good & the 3 men are solid :phew:

I don't know what sort of genre you like but I can recommend you some (see spoiler). Not sure if you like the synopsis.

Spoiler

LOVE ME IF YOU DARE is a 2015 drama about Criminal/Criminal Psychologist. Something similar to TMWYS except that the girl here doesn't have memory abilities. Wang Kai looks handsome here!

LOVING NEVER FORGETTING is a 2014 drama about a 1N stand resulting in a kid but the man never knew about it. The child was raised by his mother alone. An accident happened to the boy & the man came to know he had a son. 

NEXT TIME TOGETHER FOREVER is a 2018 drama about pretend marriage/contract. The FL is going through early menopause in her 30s & she's desperate to get married because she wants a baby via IVF. She's a successful career woman & she's got OCD. She cannot stand man touching her. Hence, she's unable to have a boyfriend. The man needed a fake wife for 3 months & he's got 2 failed real marriages before. So he swear never to get married again. The woman acts in her mid 30s & the man acts a 40 year old (in real age, he's 49, she's 43).

• Like 1

@fiesty8001 @Biology Lesson

Ok guys, I’ll see where I can find those series you suggested

Watching the american series with JH in mind, will make them more appealing too B)

AND I looked up Ms Temper (aka My horrible boss) anddd added to my list cause I like both leads Lee Yo Won is my great Queen Seondeok so I have affection for her and I also liked her with JH is Great Ambition. And I simply like Yoon Sang Hyun a lot, he has those wet puppy eyes that are very expressive. He is fun to watch. I liked him A LOT as lawyer Cha in “I hear your voice” (btw I found that drama to be pretty enjoyable way back when I watched it. I would even dare recommend it. There is a crime mystery, strong female lead, sweet male lead, even sweeter second male lead, romance and all). I also liked YSH in Gapdong and even as Oska in Secret Garden (despite not really loving the drama) 

• Like 3

I recommend Pinocchio a lot, and yes, IHYV. Also, doctor stranger (it had its flaws but ultimately, it was one of LJS’s strongest acting, even more so than his later pieces). I think I recommended lady in dignity before but not sure if you guys picked it up. It has a mixture of mystery and comedy and social strata reflections. 

I think we are all bored waiting for JH’s new drama announcement lol. 

btw I saw a mandarin translation going around of a new interview with Kim Hong Sun, TMYWS’s creator on IG. Does anyone have an english translation? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I recommend Pinocchio a lot, and yes, IHYV. Also, doctor stranger (it had its flaws but ultimately, it was one of LJS’s strongest acting, even more so than his later pieces). I think I recommended lady in dignity before but not sure if you guys picked it up. It has a mixture of mystery and comedy and social strata reflections. 

I think we are all bored waiting for JH’s new drama announcement lol. 

btw I saw a mandarin translation going around of a new interview with Kim Hong Sun, TMYWS’s creator on IG. Does anyone have an english translation? 

Here it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@azureblue7 So interesting what he said! But I wonder if I’m understanding correctly, is he literally saying that he and other actors feel sorry that they didn’t cooperate with JH enough? How much exactly was JH running the show this time? :P Ugh if that’s the case then should I also BLAME JH for what we didn’t get? <_< (No I won’t cause he is not the writer after all) but, interesting...

I’ll say to the PD (didn’t realize this was his first work as producer awww) Anyway I’d say do a S2 but let JH co-direct it and/or write/supervise the script directly. 

And to JH I’ll say GIVE ME A HOT KISSING SCENE! 

Anyway, the fact that this PD is self aware, means he has a great possibility of getting better and better. It seems he appreciates JH a lot too and that makes me like him :P 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@azureblue7 thank you for posting this translation! you are the best!

this is fascinating! So both JH and the producer are not pleased with the final result of TMWYS... This is so interesting. I wonder if their dissatisfaction corresponds with ours, and I wonder what prevented them from accomplishing what they really wanted... Was it that JH was too busy with MC and didn't have the time to change the script before they started filming, so they had to do things on the fly? 

4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 So interesting what he said! But I wonder if I’m understanding correctly, is he literally saying that he and other actors feel sorry that they didn’t cooperate with JH enough? How much exactly was JH running the show this time? :P Ugh if that’s the case then should I also BLAME him for what we didn’t get? (No I won’t cause he is not the writer after all) but, interesting...

@dramafan33 You remember that I suspected that the whole blind and disabled misdirect was added AFTER they started shooting since in the first promotion pictures that came out JH was standing and clearly looking at the camera. It was only in the second batch of promo pictures that suddenly JH was sitting on a wheel chair and wearing those glasses... This interview makes me think I was right, or at least partly right, but I hope that JH will draw the right conclusions, and realize that he needs to officially take more responsibilities in his next production, as you said. For sure JH's ideas enriched the show, but probably they also are responsible for the show not being very consistent.

I’ll say to the PD (didn’t realize this was his first work as producer awww) Anyway I’d say do a S2 but let JH co-direct it and/or write/supervise the script directly. 

And to JH I’ll say GIVE ME A HOT KISSING SCENE! 

This makes me hopeful that they are indeed working on another project together, since both of them seem unsatisfied and they are expressing it! I really hope that this means we are actually going to get a second season (please let it be a prequel!!) , and that JH is working right now on the script. And of course that he is including in it a hot kissing scene... or several :)  of course. That's a given! :D

Anyway, the fact that this PD is self aware, means he has a great possibility of getting better and better. It seems he appreciates JH a lot too and that makes me like him :P 

Completely agree. It's so fascinating to hear that the producer thinks he failed JH... I would love to see more footage from the BTS to understand how can JH come into a show, bring his own ideas after filming has already started, and still make the production feel apologetic towards him!! And the producer is saying that the other actors also feel apologetic towards JH! What is that?! JH combination of insight, resolution, hard work and sweetness must be deadly ! :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1