Did you guys also read the news that the major Public networks KBS, MBC and SBS are reducing their drama productions by half next year due to poor ratings? This means that there will not be as many dramas to accommodate the plethora of actors in the industry. Definitely tighter competition and harder to get jobs!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Did you guys also read the news that the major Public networks KBS, MBC and SBS are reducing their drama productions by half next year due to poor ratings? This means that there will not be as many dramas to accommodate the plethora of actors in the industry. Definitely tighter competition and harder to get jobs!!

Hmm... so what will the fill their schedule with? Variety shows?

Well, if there was ever a time for JH to expand himself into production and maybe writing- this is the time!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

There’s cable. I think they are doing ok? There’s also Netflix. And I suppose they might repeat some oldies but goodies to fill the space? Hopefully some JH ones. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

There’s cable. I think they are doing ok? There’s also Netflix. And I supposed they might repeat some oldies but goodies to fill the space? Hopefully some JH ones. 

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for JH to do a good Netflix produced show. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes!!

This face is so cute hehe. Is that a screenshot taken when he was half way talking lol. The first time I saw jh in SSOBG, the first thing I noticed was that the ML had an annoying pout lol. And now that signature pout has become so cute looking. :lol:

Come, let's do some voting. 

https://kingchoice.me/topic-most-favorite-korean-drama-couples-till-2020-close-august-31-1243.html?option=38422

• Like 1
  • Love 1

According to the IG post, name of the new noir movie is 강릉 'Gangneung', which is the name of a city on the east coast of South Korea.

In 1996, there was a famous Gangneung submarine infiltration incident, when a a North Korean submarine tried spy on the naval installations in the area. I wonder if the movie is related to this, or something totally different? Anyway if you are interested u can read the wiki page here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Gangneung_submarine_infiltration_incident

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

According to the IG post, name of the new noir movie is 강릉 'Gangneung', which is the name of a city on the east coast of South Korea.

In 1996, there was a famous Gangneung submarine infiltration incident, when a a North Korean submarine tried spy on the naval installations in the area. I wonder if the movie is related to this, or something totally different? Anyway if you are interested u can read the wiki page here:

Sounds good if it's related! :grin:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

This face is so cute hehe. Is that a screenshot taken when he was half way talking lol. The first time I saw jh in SSOBG, the first thing I noticed was that the ML had an annoying pout lol. And now that signature pout has become so cute looking

Yes..fans like to take screen shots of him pouting..hahaha! He just looks so cute. And this shot matches him saying " coming sooooooon"

Some clips of him talking about swordsman in 2017

49 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Sounds interesting!! I can't wait for the official news to be out. 

Btw, I wonder when the press conference will be held. Usually it is like 2 to 4 weeks before its premiere. So maybe next week?

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Read someone tweeted that Tae Yul's "daughter" is actually his dead best friend's daughter...? Is that why Hyuk mentioned in the interview above that the swordsman is saving a girl, and he didn't mention daughter? 

This is so strange. This is something I noticed about Korean productions- the inability to write a clear synopsis. This was the case for MF, MC and TMWY. I mean is it so difficult to write a straight forward synopsis that describes exactly what's going on in the show or movie?! The synopsis is always vague and filled with feelings... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is so strange. This is something I noticed about Korean productions- the inability to write a clear synopsis. This was the case for MF, MC and TMWY. I mean is it so difficult to write a straight forward synopsis that describes exactly what's going on in the show or movie?! The synopsis is always vague and filled with feelings... 

:joy:It's like they didn't want to reveal too much about the plot so that it remains interesting but it became vague and different versions start appearing. Anyway my curiosity is piqued! Just show me more stills please!! And a trailer please!!:evilelmo:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I noticed this post about MC, and in the post they are discussing the positive reactions to the show and how people continue to talk about the show 8 months after the show ended. I wonder if there is any information about how many views the show got on Netflix... At any rate, the post also mentioned that both leads are now in the army, and I wondered if it's just a coincidence or if JH had anything to do with it. I remember JH costar from Chuno mentioned that JH would speak a lot about the army with him, and that when he went to the army he felt like he was prepared for it all due to JH, which is why JH was the only male he wrote a letter to from while in the army... Actually, going to the army at this time, while the Corona virus is messing everything up, is a stroke of luck for them...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD5rTh0Jrmw/

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

. At any rate, the post also mentioned that both leads are now in the army, and I wondered if it's just a coincidence or if JH had anything to do with it. I remember JH costar from Chuno mentioned that JH would speak a lot about the army with him, and that when he went to the army he felt like he was prepared for it all due to JH, which is why JH was the only male he wrote a letter to from while in the army... Actually, going to the army at this time, while the Corona virus is messing everything up, is a stroke of luck for them...

U mean they decided to go to the army after listening to JH? Haha nah, both of them were due to enlist anyway, there were already talks of them going to the army before MC. JH is not so powerful.

But yeah, it’s good timing to go army now with the virus around and reduced productions. 

3 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

U mean they decided to go to the army after listening to JH? Haha nah, both of them were due to enlist anyway, there were already talks of them going to the army before MC. JH is not so powerful lol . 

That's not what I'm saying. If I'm not mistaken, unlike other countries that have mandatory military service, in which the army drafts you when you reach a certain age, like 18, in Korea you have a choice as to when to enlist, within a certain time limit. What I was wondering is if both of them decided to enlist immediately after MC because of their conversations with JH. It's not about JH being powerful, it's about him being a man who cares about people and advising them. He said time and time again that his time in the army was invaluable and it did a lot for his character development. I'm guessing he said as much to his costars. 

57 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

That's not what I'm saying. If I'm not mistaken, unlike other countries that have mandatory military service, in which the army drafts you when you reach a certain age, like 18, in Korea you have a choice as to when to enlist, within a certain time limit. What I was wondering is if both of them decided to enlist immediately after MC because of their conversations with JH. It's not about JH being powerful, it's about him being a man who cares about people and advising them. He said time and time again that his time in the army was invaluable and it did a lot for his character development. I'm guessing he said as much to his costars. 

In Korea, they have to do it before turning 28 years old (according to Wiki), and both were born in 1992. But anyway WDH did not enlist immediately after MC, he went on to film The King Eternal Monarch after MC before enlisting. And YSJ already said earlier that MC was his last drama before enlisting.

• Insightful 1