5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

It is definitely personal taste. He looks eccentric in Beautiful Mind and quirky in WOL. That is what I think they were going for. He wasn’t playing “ugly” guys, just “odd” guys. And he certainly didn’t look ugly to me. Anyway, you have a theory that others may agree or disagree with. I don’t find it convincing but if JH himself confirms this one day, thats ok too. Not the first time I’ll be wrong 

Never ugly, his face is always beautiful to me lol except a tiny bit chubby in BM, WOL and MF. Swordsman was also done around the same time right? Looks meaty too, hehe. 

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yeah!! He will show them more boxing tips tonight before the showdown! Glad we get  to see him train with the tap ball. And as expected, the members tried to sway his determination to win using the fact that his son is learning soccer from Ahn Jung Hwan. Not fair!  I wonder if that was also part of the reason why he agreed to appear on the show.

I woke up and looked everywhere for clips of this, only to realise it is only airing today when I found nothing. :sweatingbullets: it's way too long, time for a new drama already. :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yeah!! He will show them more boxing tips tonight before the showdown! Glad we get  to see him train with the tap ball. And as expected, the members tried to sway his determination to win using the fact that his son is learning soccer from Ahn Jung Hwan. Not fair!  I wonder if that was also part of the reason why he agreed to appear on the show.

Wow! I thought today's segment with JH would be rather short, but instead there are so many different things they did together! And he gave them pointers too! I now understand even more the producer's amazement with JH. Again, any other celebrity that was in the show, either showed off, or gave a few pointers and went away. From what I saw, their segments were no more than 10 minutes. But JH spent so much time with them, that they had enough material for an entire show (split over two shows), while not condescending to the guys or mocking them. 

Also, so Ahn Jung Hwan is teaching JH's son?! I remember on the show to the Grand Canyon JH mentioned his son is learning soccer and he asked Ahn Jung Hwan for pointers. So I guess since then, JH sent his son to Ahn Jung Hwan to be trained. So cool! This explains why now they are such good friends! 

I'm always trying to be objective about JH, thinking that maybe I'm exaggerating about him, but he really is an especially great guy, isn't he? :sparklyeyes:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

7 hours ago, corey said:

IMHO, it is precisely because he wants to fit the role better that he "uglifies" himself (or his makeup artists do that for him). And he is the only Korean actor I can think of who does that. We also spoke of it before- in the US, if you get fat/very thin/very ugly for a part as an actor, you get recognition, awards and what not. For example,  Matthew MacConaughey. Have you seen him in Dallas Buyers Club? He was barely recognizable, thin to the point of emaciation and he won a ton of awards for his preformance. And the film I saw him before was a romcom with Jennifer Lopez. It is difficult to find two roles which les in common. But is shows the actor's range and acting ability, which in US I believe is valued higher that just good looks.

In S Korea, however, looks are almost everything. So it just shows how dedicated JH is if he is willing to go for a less attractive look, just to fit the role better.

I think what you are referring to is part of method acting, which JH doesn’t do. Kim Muyng Min  is a recognized korean actor who tends to do that. BTW he is not “pretty” and has been a lead in dramas, The king of dramas, Beethoven Virus, Six Flying Dragons etc.

But anyway, my point is precisely that JH does not “uglify” himself. He is merely trying to look the part and if we find some look “ugly” its because of our personal taste. As you can see we don’t all find the same things ugly. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

54 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Wow! That was a good fight considering that Hyuk is only 65 kg..

65 kg?! He weighs less than I do, and I'm not fat... also, I think he is taller than me!:criesariver:

But the thing is that he is shorter than the other guy, with much shorter arms. He was trying to avoid the other guy's reach and waiting for him to punch first so that he could go in, but the guy had patience, he waited. Very nicely done by the other guy! 

• Like 4

A cute picture of JH from today's episode...

202008101913531140528_20200811003412_01_20200811005513525.jpg?type=w430

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003330102

Another description of today's episode (wonky translation, as usual)- 

Boxing diet with'The Great Taerang Bae' Jang Hyuk → Jeong-Hwan Ahn˙Bromance Chemie Bae (Comprehensive)

On this day, the members challenged the strong one-shot boxing diet. Ahn Jung-hwan, a former national team member, also shook his head to meet boxing, a collection of comprehensive boxing skills. Subsequently, the members challenged the tap ball. Boxing expert Jang Hyuk also digested the tap ball smoothly, and Ahn Jung Hwan said to Kim Yong-man, "Let's go to an event with Hyuk," and made a laugh.

Following Hyun Joo-yeop, Kim Yong-man, the original entertainment show, appeared. Kim Yong-man, who expressed a sense of pressure in the pouring expectations, showed off his face-to-face twist, and smiled with a body gag in his 30th year of debut.

Ahn Jung-hwan, who even warmed up and applied motions, said, "If I do this, it will take 1 night and 2 days," and Kim Yong-man showed respect for Jang Hyuk, who enjoys boxing even normally.

The members had to beat boxing master Jang Hyuk as the final mission. Ahn Jung-hwan, who met with Jang Hyuk in the final, said, "Hyuk-ah's son is playing soccer," and showed a mouse fighter face and made them laugh. Jang Hyuk also said, "I want my son to be a soccer player," and showed his son's stupid side. Finally, the two started the game, and Jang Hyuk quickly broke through and scored 4 points in no time. After seeing this, Jung Hyung-don said, "If this is enough, Jang Hyuk's son can't play soccer, right?" and Kim Yong-man said, "You have to play basketball." I helped. At that moment, Ahn Jung-hwan scored 2 points, but in the end the victory went to Jang Hyuk.

The next confrontation was Hoyoung Jung and Hyuk Jang. Jung Hyung-don and Jung Ho-young showed low expectations, and unexpectedly, Jung Ho-young jab constantly. Unlike the time of Ahn Jung-hwan, Jang Hyuk continued his attack with a strong punch, and Jung Hyung-don lamented, "Because Jung Ho-young doesn't have a football ties." Jeong Ho-young did a good job, but he couldn't prevent Jang Hyuk's defeat. When the game was over, Jung Ho-young showed a feeling of loosening in his legs, causing regret.

Joo-yup Hyun is the last opponent of Jang Hyuk. Hyun Joo-yeop and Jang-hyuk created a sense of tension with punches, and Jang-hyuk quickly penetrated the gap. The result was Hyun Joo-yeop's victory. The members applauded the sincere confrontation between the two. As a result of the final summation, Jang Hyuk won. With a tired face, Jang Hyuk said, "I didn't come out to lose weight, but I think I lost weight."

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000311940

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

65 kg?! He weighs less than I do, and I'm not fat... also, I think he is taller than me!:criesariver:

But the thing is that he is shorter than the other guy, with much shorter arms. He was trying to avoid the other guy's reach and waiting for him to punch first so that he could go in, but the guy had patience, he waited. Very nicely done by the other guy! 

I think he will be lighter after the show...hahaha! He did sooo much!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he will be lighter after the show...hahaha! He did sooo much!

Tq for all the clips, so cute:kiss_wink:. He was at 63+ kg during BPP boxing match weigh in, right? I suppose he weighs slightly more than that on other days. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 8/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, Biology Lesson said:

For sure the gym made him more comfortable, but it also had to do with knowing and liking so many of the guys, while in Hometown flex he only knew CTH and he wasn't exactly supportive. Instead he added to JH's discomfort.

I'm thinking JH did this prog for CTH since is CTH first prog after the gambling scandal. JH just wanted to support his friend but this prog isn't suitable for JH. He needs to do something which is "serious" because it isn't his personality to tease people to the point of being annoying which CTH does. He needs to do a prog which allows him to be his usual self without being made fun of or being uncomfortable.

Coming back to your earlier post @Biology LessonI also remembered watching an interview (in chinese) some way back that he mentioned that his face restricted his acting projects. I guess he wasn't referring to being handsome. His face is "good man face" that probably restricted him getting roles out of the ordinary that's why he goes all out to make sure he doesn't just get hearthrobe roles or good man roles. Hahaha!

On 8/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, Biology Lesson said:

I was watching some of the BTS of MF, it seems like being like a big kid is like a default for him. I think it's his way to mitigate his excessive seriousness...

I remembered also watching an interview (in chinese) that he said he doesn't joke around when he's home. But of course, subtitles can be different from what he actually said so don't take it 100%. But if he is serious at home, perhaps his time out is having fun with people on the set. Hahaha....! IDK about korea culture but maybe it's k culture that when you're a married man, you act serious...

On 8/10/2020 at 5:04 AM, dramafan33 said:

Wow! He looked so pretty after Chuno. Kind of a shame they wasted his beauty in that chinese drama that wasn’t so good. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDqwXv0lj-l/?igshid=1ghnu3rtrbga7

Yup, the hair in that chinese drama was so off....drama wasn't good too. I think his hair in Iris is still better than that bowl cut he had or even in the chinese drama.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Am I the only one who is slightly depressed now that the second episode of Giant Veteran has been aired, cause now we have no idea when we will see JH next?

:brokenheart:

Well, if you wanna be "adventurous" you can try thai drama. I kind of like actor Weir Sukollawat Kanarot because he doesn't go for roles which is typecast. He's the thai version of JH, who doesn't go for roles which is typecast, (but that's just me feeling this way, hahaha).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Well, if you wanna be "adventurous" you can try thai drama. I kind of like actor Weir Sukollawat Kanarot because he doesn't go for roles which is typecast. He's the thai version of JH, who doesn't go for roles which is typecast, (but that's just me feeling this way, hahaha).

I don't think that any other actor can make this slight depression better... Only JH...

But I'm willing to try some good show. As you've noticed, I've given up on Kdramas. Right now I'm watching Chicago fire, and I actually hate it. I just put it on the screen as white noise... So what is Weir Sukollawat Kanarot  best show? 

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Tq for all the clips, so cute:kiss_wink:. He was at 63+ kg during BPP boxing match weigh in, right? I suppose he weighs slightly more than that on other days. 

Yes. I think so. He was like zero body fat during BPP. I prefer him to put on a bit more weight.

Am I the only one who is slightly depressed now that the second episode of Giant Veteran has been aired, cause now we have no idea when we will see JH next?

Me me me!!!

Missing this big cutie already...:criesariver:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I am absolutely overwhelmed by work and yet on my brief free time I miss Jang Hyuk sooooooo much!!!!!! As a fan I had been sooo spoiled by his workaholism all these years. Life is already a drag! Jang Hyuk please come baaaaack! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes. I think so. He was like zero body fat during BPP. I prefer him to put on a bit more weight.

Me me me!!!

Missing this big cutie already...:criesariver:

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I am absolutely overwhelmed by work and yet on my brief free time I miss Jang Hyuk sooooooo much!!!!!! As a fan I had been sooo spoiled by his workaholism all these years. Life is already a drag! Jang Hyuk please come baaaaack! 

I actually am wondering what is going on with him now. Did he get no offer for a new project in all this time? If so, is he worried?

Or maybe- did he get an offer that requires more preparation from him? Is this the reason why he's almost at his BP weight again? Is it possible that my wish is coming true and he already has a project planned and he's actually involved in its design and writing (oh, please!)...

Another possibility- The show Veteran Giant is coming to an end. In two weeks its finale is going to air. Is it a possibility for JH to do a show with the his friends from that show as a regular?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

41 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So what is Weir Sukollawat Kanarot  best show? 

IDK what's his best show. Just like how it's difficult to say which is JH best show because everyone thinks differently. But thai plot is kinda cheesy. :blink:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually am wondering what is going on with him now. Did he get no offer for a new project in all this time? If so, is he worried?

Or maybe- did he get an offer that requires more preparation from him? Is this the reason why he's almost at his BP weight again? Is it possible that my wish is coming true and he already has a project planned and he's actually involved in its design and writing (oh, please!)...

Another possibility- The show Veteran Giant is coming to an end. In two weeks its finale is going to air. Is it a possibility for JH to do a show with the his friends from that show as a regular?

Haha! When he started accepting projects even before his current one  ended, people always wondered why he had to work so hard. Does he need a lot of money? Now that he doesn't, we started wondering otherwise. So funny. I wonder if he is starting to be more picky with scripts.. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

17 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! When he started accepting projects even before his current one  ended, people always wondered why he had to work so hard. Does he need a lot of money? Now that he doesn't, we started wondering otherwise. So funny. I wonder if he is starting to be more picky with scripts.. 

I never understood that attitude. I mean,-Why was it so odd for people that he wanted to work continuously? I mean, how many of us work for 3-4 months and then take a long break? not many! So why were people expecting him to work like that?!

All I care is that he works as much as he wants, so that I will get to see him create his amazing characters... I'm still waiting for someone to create a super edit of MC of only JH's parts. I really want to see his Bang Won again, but I don't feel like fast forwarding all the time...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Lol, we always appreciate his hard work, don't we? Even though WOL was so bad (in my opinion), we still ff through to watch his parts, and I'm also so amazed at myself that I hv actually watched all his real men episodes without subs:lol: Somebody now, pls protest on some platforms that can reach him that he better come back soon or he's driving us crazy!! :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 1