1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

@Biology Lesson @dramafan33 I cried yesterday when watching Robbers too. Not as much as when I watched FTLY..but certain scenes still tear me up. JH really cries beautifully.. and so genuinely.. 

The pain in him felt so deep and genuine... 

For me this was the scene that made me cry, him trying to smile and accept the hurt that the mother in law is inflicting on him...

Damn the IG ban!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDXfWimpniV/

Oh, and another thing I noticed Robbers and FTLY had in common- the hair style change with his emotional state: Sleek and stylized hair when he is still a con man, than a shaggy, more natural hair when he's reformed, and then the return of the stylized hair when he pretends to go back to his bad ways...

• Insightful 2

51 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

azureblue7 I don’t remember ever crying with Robbers but yes, feeling it deeply. But since I react differently every time I watch something maybe this time I would cry :P

I also don't remember crying when I first watched Robber 3 years ago. But when I was rewatching ep 10 and 11 yesterday, his emotional scenes  just made me feel so sorry for Oh Joon.. 

JH has a way of making you feel his pain when his eyes are teary.. Just like what the 2 guys who reviewed My Country said about his portrayal as Bang Won. Looking at his eyes, occasionally brimming with tears, just makes you want to root for him and hope everything goes well for him:sad1:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson My first impression was that superficial too, I also thought the story was basically about a man’s obsession for a woman but, after watching it many times I found much more depth in it. Chuno needs to be seen as a whole to be appreciated (Im not saying you, cause Im sure you are already done with it) But anyway, I will explain what I mean one day just to get it out of system, just not today cause Im a bit tired from crying until late last night :sad1:

Oh, I am done with Chuno! :) I tried several times to rewatch it, but I just can't stand it! I'm not even sure that the word "rewatch" is right, cause I so hated the acting of the other actors in it, that I watched only JH's scenes. Mind you, I don't blame the actors. If so many actors are so bad, I blame the director! Just so you'd understand- even though I hated Voice, still I was able to watch all the episodes, Chuno- I had to skip to the JH bits only! I just couldn't take it! :lol:

P.S That example you provide of young Daegil not doing anything to prevent what happened to Unnyun is precisely one point made in the drama. The young master was a different Daegil, he was a yangban, not as brave, he had not experienced the pain, suffering, near death experiences etc the slave hunter did and which transformed him into a wild beast. To me, observing that contrast between his past and present was fascinating enough to trigger my interest, to you, it only meant the story was incomplete. 

Oh, I don't think the story is incomplete, I think it was badly written. But we spoke about it before. And if I'm not mistaken it was @phoenix24 that posted a review of Chuno that really summed up what I felt about it, though about one thing I disagreed with that review- I didn't like the woman that joined the Chuno threesome. I thought she was annoying and useless. She had absolutely no depth to her...

Anyway be it because of the story or JHs acting, every time I connect with a JHs character pain it stems from the same source. It is that JH is an expert at playing the feeling of  “loneliness” and being misunderstood and somehow outcasted, judged, labeled. Daegil, LYO, Oh Joon, Lee Gun, Bangwon and even Piljoo have had that kind of pain one way or another. 

The thing is that in most K Rom Coms, there is that element to the ML protagonist. They always have this dark secret in their past, or some tragedy from their childhood, that is used in order to give them some depth. But in the absolute majority of the shows that I saw, it felt contrived and manipulative, and usually easily resolved so as the show could get back to the inane romance or whatever plot is going on. Of the shows that I've seen, only JH made me feel like it was impactful and pivotal, and real. But I also think he chooses (or tries to, at least) shows in which the past is important. As we know, FTLY is the only Rom com that he did (post army)...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Okay guys is there any news about his new movie release?! I don't care about the plot as log as JH gets to do a lots of great action scenes. Movies are better than dramas in this department and actors gets more time to give their best. I'm just sad they're not using his great abilities in historical movies to the fullest and now this movie is facing lots of problems :rage:. I just want to watch my man slicing people with his sword.:crymeme:

What about Jang Hyuk as Jubei in Ninja Scrolls adaptation if anyone knows this anime movie. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Seonhoyaa said:

I'm just sad they're not using his great abilities in historical movies to the fullest

My sentiments too! I wish he will do a real good historical.

2 minutes ago, Seonhoyaa said:

I just want to watch my man slicing people with his sword.

:lol:The show has to "show" and not "tell"....

• Like 3

Looks like today, in the show they will be playing games, and, as usual, JH will be as inconsistent as ever :)

'Great Bae Tae-Rang' Kim Ho-Jung, thigh wrestling showdown

Actor Jang Hyuk played a thigh wrestling confrontation with Bae Tae-rang members.

On the 3rd, JTBC'Great Bae Tae-Rang' will reveal the stories of members who challenged'Boxing' with their sixth avatar mission.

In the recent'Great Bae Tae-Rang' recording, members met with boxing expert Jang Hyuk after receiving a mission to'suck sweat with boxing expert'. Members and Jang Hyuk played a punch game and thigh wrestling with a warm-up game. First, when the punch machine came out, Kim Ho-joong, who had the first experience in punching games in other broadcasts, showed a confident attitude, and Hyun Joo-yeop, who scored the perfect score for finger punching, also showed a momentum. Jang Hyuk showed a weaker appearance than their thoughts, and Jung Hyung-don made fun of Jang Hyuk as a'fist'.

Following this, Jang Hyuk's 1:6 thigh wrestling was held. In the beginning, Jang Hyuk, who had beaten Bae Tae-Rang in the early stage, bite whether he was struggling with his strength toward the second half. Soon after, Ahn Jung-hwan of the thigh end appeared, he said, "This can't be won." Who will be the winners of Ahn Jung-hwan, who has been trained in soccer, and Jang Hyuk and Thigh Wrestling who have exercised steadily with boxing and boxing?

Subsequently, the members began punching the bag by practicing using the basics of boxing. In particular, the smiles were created by attaching the faces of the desired members to the sandbag. Among the members, Kim Yong-man is the face of the most popular face. All members except Jeong Ho-young chose Kim Yong-man for their own reasons. Yongman Kim

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020080313494568595&shlink=tw

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Hey! Not fair! One against 6!:isannoyed:

And one of the guys is a former football player... JH doesn't have a chance! :D

Like we saw in Real men, JH is fit and has stamina, so various fitness exercises he's very good at, but he can't do much against sheer mass, like with Sam or the guy that beat him in the wrestling match. Weight divisions exist for a reason... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

And one of the guys is a former football player... JH doesn't have a chance! :D

Like we saw in Real men, JH is fit and has stamina, so various fitness exercises he's very good at, but he can't do much against sheer mass, like with Sam or the guy that beat him in the wrestling match. Weight divisions exist for a reason... 

I am so curious to see how he handles it. Doing so many exercises and challenging the 6 members. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I am so curious to see how he handles it. Doing so many exercises and challenging the 6 members. 

I watched the show, and it's quite silly. I mean it's supposed to be about weight loss, but it's the usual Korean variety show, all about the funny and wackiness. In one episode they brought a Buddhist monk to teach them Tai-Chi, but the guys soon started to joke and mess around. There were segments in which they seriously trained, but not that many... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I watched the show, and it's quite silly. I mean it's supposed to be about weight loss, but it's the usual Korean variety show, all about the funny and wackiness. In one episode they brought a Buddhist monk to teach them Tai-Chi, but the guys soon started to joke and mess around. There were segments in which they seriously trained, but not that many... 

Haha! I guess the only one taking  the training seriously will be Hyuk..

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I don't blame the actors. If so many actors are so bad, I blame the director! 

Bad script, bad directing but I think you're right. The Director plays a very important role. Why some can act very well in this drama & act badly in another drama. Example : the lady who acted as JH girlfriend in Midas, I thought her acting there was bad/stiff but she did quite a good job in Cunning Single Lady. Her chemistry with the ML is better than when she acted with JH.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Bad script, bad directing but I think you're right. The Director plays a very important role. Why some can act very well in this drama & act badly in another drama. Example : the lady who acted as JH girlfriend in Midas, I thought her acting there was bad/stiff but she did quite a good job in Cunning Single Lady. Her chemistry with the ML is better than when she acted with JH.

even though I liked the plot of Midas, it's also one of the only shows I think JH's acting was very off. I thought he was so subdued, so dull... So you might be right- it may have been the responsibility of the director. Though, I also understood that the scripts were so delayed that the actors didn't have time to learn their lines, so I guess that entire production was a mess. A pity...

• Sad 1