4 minutes ago, corey said:

@Lmangla, thank you.... I rushed to check....2500 soompi points :(. Anyone still wants to donate me some soompi points now? I am joking of course, I will try to rake the points myself, I hope the badge won't be sold out by then.....

a good way to rake in points is to take part in events! kekeke... am totally plugging myself in. hahahha.. but we are having a badge making event. even if you have zero photo shop or art work skills like me and a total amateur, join the fun. participants also get to win tons of points.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, corey said:

@Lmangla, thank you.... I rushed to check....2500 soompi points :(. Anyone still wants to donate me some soompi points now? I am joking of course, I will try to rake the points myself, I hope the badge won't be sold out by then.....

Haha u have more points than me! But 2500 points is too far a target for me, I guess I will give it a miss.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, corey said:

Heh, so I was right about it. Still it is no consolation for the loss of his lovely locks...

It was one scene when he was in bed with MY and his outrageous hair fell to one side and I finally could see clearly the incredible eyes, chiselled jaw, sharp nose, vulnerable mouth with short upper lip... I think my jaw literally dropped and I thought  - it is just impossible that he can be soooooo handsome, is this the same guy whom I thought ugly in WoL and almost repulsive in early episodes???

I am now  really trying to atone for my blindness back then, by gushing about his beauty at every occasion, which I hope you all do not find very annoying ^_^

Hahaha. @corey If you are hardworking enough, please tell me which episode and what minute this was so that I can see which frame made you fall in love with our JH hehe. 

yes actually when I watched MF I felt at the initial parts he wasn’t very handsome (shallow I know). But later it was the eye acting, the confidence, the sexiness in MF that blew me away. I would say it was his acting that attracted me, his handsomeness (later) that surfaced through the amazing acting, and it was his true self (well, what he shows us in variety shows and interviews) that sealed the deal for me. I honestly don’t think I’ll be that big of a fan of his if I only liked his acting and his looks. There are honestly many other actors who can act very very well too and are also very handsome. But, I’m an avid JH fan because of the combination of his genuine personality and philosophy towards life and his acting + looks. 

I guess that’s with people in our life isn’t it? You like them and care for them not merely because of their skills, talent or looks - sure, it can hook you for awhile, but it’s who they are behind those that makes you stick with them and root for them :heart4:

oh and @corey I donated points to you. Because you’re nearly there so you can buy on our behalf k? Haha. Can you show it off on your avatar/profile so that we can see it? I’m also curious if I donate points to people, do I donate it from my own pool of points which means my own points get deducted? Lol. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, corey said:

It was one scene when he was in bed with MY and his outrageous hair fell to one side and I finally could see clearly the incredible eyes, chiselled jaw, sharp nose, vulnerable mouth with short upper lip... I think my jaw literally dropped and I thought  - it is just impossible that he can be soooooo handsome, is this the same guy whom I thought ugly in WoL and almost repulsive in early episodes???

Hahaha! I didn't notice that he was good looking in FTLY at the beginning too. I think it is because of his flamboyant entrance and  crazy laughter that almost put me off. But now that I rewatched it, I thought I must be blind not to notice his super good looks.. guess his acting transcends his looks.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahaha! I didn't notice that he was good looking in FTLY at the beginning too. I think it is because of his flamboyant entrance and  crazy laughter that almost put me off. But now that I rewatched it, I thought I must be blind not to notice his super good looks.. guess his acting transcends his looks.

@azureblue7, thank you for being such a faithful JH fan! The fact that you post so much on twitter and repost here because IG no longer allows embedded posts just shows that you’re so dedicated! And your video above is the reason why I think JH is most handsome when he shaves haha. I feel that his features are more prominent and chiseled when he is without facial hair. Weird, cos usually facial hair shapes the face too but I think his clean cut look at 0.28 seconds onwards in the video takes the cake. 

4 hours ago, corey said:

I think I got it. Actually, LG was not yet in bed with MY, he was alone on the sofa. This is episode 7, the sequence starts at 47.50 approximately. The best shots are  I think between 48.10 and 48.25, when LG is texting with MY - his face is lit by the phone screen and his  features are in sharp relief.

Haha thanks for looking! Ah yes. Must be that side profile. JH’s side profile looks amazing. His nose is really just perfect. But like @budgerie said, he looks best when you can see his forehead (not the WOL cut though). 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, corey said:

Yes that entrance was pretty off-putting. I think I mentioned before, but I watched FTLY because it was recommended by some fan service as a drama with unexpected emotional content - so I was not watching it for JH and I was ready to overlook the laugh, the loud tones and general weirdness to get to the said emotional content ha ha. Discovering JH's beauty was an unexpected bonus.

Considering this was my first Kdrama, I was pretty surprised by LG's entrance! I wasn't put off, as it was clear it was played up for comedic effect, but I remember thinking I'm in for a new experience! :) 

Now watching it, it's actually impressive how JH managed to make it funny, inspite of his insane body... I also love how  the people around him on the photoshoot set reacted like me- clearly thinking this guy is wacky! 

With a little (actually huuuge) help from my friends - here you are! A proud owner of JH's badge for everyone to see. From now on, I am in your debt as well - I am repaying all the points I got! Might take some time, though, but I will make every effort.

Thank you once again, @The Reel Life, @Biology Lesson, @budgerie and @dramafan33 :foryou:!

Hmmm... where do we see the badge? I see that the shape of your picture is different, but I'm not seeing a badge. where is it suppose to appear?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, corey said:

Ha ha, and weren't you right in thinking that, Lol :D

I was right, but it wasn't what I was thinking. I never could have guessed that this show, that started so crazily, would have so much heart and would become the most re-watchable show I've ever seen... and of course, I could have never imagined that that wacky guy, that was so fearless in doing that shampoo scene, would turn out to be one of the most impressive and interesting actors I've ever seen! and such a delight to follow... :) 

3 minutes ago, corey said:

Well, I can see my badge under the "Tropies and Medals" (which in turn are under the "Soompi Points") and above the stars.

I hope you can see it, it cost a lot, lol.

Oh, Now I can see it :lol: What does it mean 'season 1'?! do you know? This whole 'points', 'reputation' and now 'awards' are very confusing to me... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, corey said:

I can only guess that Season 1 means there will be more JH badges later on (season 2 etc.) But that is just my guess. I read the update #7 where the badge was introduced does not explain the name Season 1.

But in the event contest there's more categories now although I don't think anyone in our side has enter yet to make some.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, corey said:

It is only thanks to the generosity of fellow thread participants that I have more points than you. I am overflowing with gratitude!

I will set out to work right now!!!!

Seen ur badge, nice !

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup I sent you some too. 

Thank you !

• Like 2

11 hours ago, corey said:

I am in your debt as well - I am repaying all the points I got!

Please don't "repay" me any points. I have no use for it cos I don't intend to shop. :)

8 hours ago, corey said:

BTW, I have finished the Mainland Chinese  FTLY remake "You are my destiny". The conclusion is, it follows the original T-version rather closely - K-version is very much different when it comes to the storyline and dynamics between the character.

It has to follow the original version rather closely in order not to be blasted by the c audience - they're definitely very good at blasting. The 2008 version was very well accepted when it was broadcasted so I think the producer/director/agency all want to play it safe too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Please don't "repay" me any points. I have no use for it cos I don't intend to shop. :)

Same here! :lol: 

1 hour ago, corey said:

Oh, I see. We have a saying in my country "we only like the songs that we know" - I guess this is somewhat a universal thing, then.

I wish that JH would play it safe for once and instad of looking for something new all the time, would give us some more of the good old things. Not "the Voice", though.

I would love it if JH would do another remake and give it his own spin... What about a remake of "LadyHawke"? I noticed that with how popular supernatural themes are in Kdramas, JH never actually did any such show. The closest that he got was Bad papa, but that is sci-fi more than supernatural... 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, corey said:

OMG, you just made my (Sun) day! Ladyhawke! I have forgotten about this gem! Michelle Pfeiffer! Young Rutgar Hauer! I need to re-watch this. The only thing that should be changed is the horrible 80's electronic music as the soundtrack . Otherwise- perfection. Rutgar Hauer, before he went to seed (and Hollywood Z action movies) , had a bit of JH quality - the piercing gaze, intensity of acting, total dedication. Yes, that would be perfect.

Exactly! The love story was so beautiful and sad, while and the young guy inserted humor into the movie. To this day I remember the pain in Rutgar Hauer eyes... JH would be perfect for this! 

Another thing that came to my mind as a potential vehicle that I would just love to see JH in is this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Castle

Actually, I cannot believe that no-one has made a movie out of this, or even better, a TV series I have heard somewhere that someone bought the rights to filming. The novel is practically a ready script. A melo with happy ending. An ambiguous ML, Cinderella-like vulnerable FL, a pretty younger cousin, a host of unpleasant family members in the background.

Well, I should dream on, right? :(

I never heard about this book- sounds like a lot of fun! You are right, this might make for a great Kdrama! Reading the synopsis it actually sounds like a kdrama :) the FL sounds spunky and straight forward,  not simpering. But the focus seems to be more on the FL than the ML character, no?

There are so many great stories to be done, but instead Kdramas seem to be intent on redoing the same ones again and again... I guess all we can do is dream, hopefully our dream will come true... At least one of them, surely! 

On another subject:

Jane has posted a translation of a few funny moments from  the preview. Annoyingly I can't embed it. It seems like JH lost his Busan accent, which led to him being teased by the other Busan guys (that was why he was waving his hands in denial while he was eating with them in the restaurant :) ). Also, one of the guys said that he grew up admiring JH. It's funny cause he looks like he's the same age as JH...

this is the caption:

"Funny moments of JH
How does he still manage to be or to look so innocent and childlike? I love that

It also makes sense that he forgot his dialect because he spent his school days going back and forth between Seoul and Busan.

Waiting to see him soon, I wish you all a happy and wonderful Sunday"

Just the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCQEiO0pV39/

• Like 5

There are so many great stories to be done, but instead Kdramas seem to be intent on redoing the same ones again and again...

Am sure the producers or whoever (agency) wants to do those drama that will bring in ratings, viewership, and it seemed that k audience mostly like romance drama, for example, CLOY that kind of genre, some years back was DOTS.

I noticed that with how popular supernatural themes are in Kdramas, JH never actually did any such show. The closest that he got was Bad papa, but that is sci-fi more than supernatural... 

Ya, I've always wished JH would do a drama where he can fly. When is he going to act in that drama which he wanted to do with JNR? Title : Invincible East. But IMO, JNR is not suitable for this role. She's too small size & she doesn't have the look. No offence to anyone here ya, just my opinion. Can he team up with HJW for a good ancient drama? Can I dream on this?

I wish that JH would play it safe for once and instad of looking for something new all the time, would give us some more of the good old things. Not "the Voice", though.

What do you wish for? Another what type of drama? Hahaha...:lol:Hmm...I also wished k drama will remake the c drama "remembering li chuan" type of genre. This one really cry buckets. I know some audience didn't like the drama due to it's plot, or due to the FL, or due to the casts aren't top notch artistes, but there are also audience who love the drama so it's very individual. JH will do very well here due to he can do sad scenes very well & this drama has plenty.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

It also makes sense that he forgot his dialect because he spent his school days going back and forth between Seoul and Busan

Guess the fact that he spent a lot of hard work getting rid of his Busan accent in his earlier years may also contributed to that. Love his embarrassed response when they said, "Did he erase Busan from his memory?" Hahaha! Super cute and innocent.

Screenshot-20200705-162544-Instagram.jpg
Screenshot-20200705-163009-Instagram.jpg
Screenshot-20200705-163030-Instagram.jpg

Cr. IG owner 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Am sure the producers or whoever (agency) wants to do those drama that will bring in ratings, viewership, and it seemed that k audience mostly like romance drama, for example, CLOY that kind of genre, some years back was DOTS.

I know... we spoke about it before. But there is a difference between doing romance drama, and doing the EXACT SAME romance drama over and over again. The only thing they change is the setting, all the rest is exactly the same. There are other romantic stories to be told, with different character types, besides the rich alien male and the innocent idiot female...

Ya, I've always wished JH would do a drama where he can fly. When is he going to act in that drama which he wanted to do with JNR? Title : Invincible East. But IMO, JNR is not suitable for this role. She's too small size & she doesn't have the look. No offence to anyone here ya, just my opinion. Can he team up with HJW for a good ancient drama? Can I dream on this?

Didn't he sort of fly already in DRT?

I agree what you said about JNR fitting to that story. Actually after reading the premise to it, I don't understand the attraction to it, except for JH obsession with martial arts...

What do you wish for? Another what type of drama? Hahaha...:lol:Hmm...I also wished k drama will remake the c drama "remembering li chuan" type of genre. This one really cry buckets. I know some audience didn't like the drama due to it's plot, or due to the FL, or due to the casts aren't top notch artistes, but there are also audience who love the drama so it's very individual. JH will do very well here due to he can do sad scenes very well & this drama has plenty.

I also don't really care what show he does as long as it has a good solid story and script, with a role that allows him to acts. Remakes have an advantage as we already know that their story is good.

• Like 4