15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Whatever it is, it looks like JH can't help but be quirky :coolcat:even if he's just standing around. Always makes people around him smile just by being himself :D

Edit: listening to it again, it seems like the three asked for americano, and JH asked for late. It's again JH and his coffee obsession! :lol: What I don't understand, not being a coffee person,  is why JH's preference of late so funny?

Here's Jane's translation

Screenshot-20200703-224616-Instagram.jpg

But I'll order hot coffee on a hot day too..hahaha! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's Jane's translation

Screenshot-20200703-224616-Instagram.jpg

But I'll order hot coffee on a hot day too..hahaha! 

I wonder if it goes with the fact that he always wears his coat, inside and outside... I mean, the guy doesn't have an ounce of fat on him, makes sense that he would get cold... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@azureblue7 A hot beverage is good to combat heat supposedly :P same reason why koreans drink chicken soup in the summer right? Besides the idea that chicken broth will replenish the energy lost through dehydration. And I remember being told by one of my teachers that if your body is warm you will tolerate the heat better, also, a hot shower will help by opening your pores etc (but of course it’s hard to drink a hot beverage in hot weather when one is craving throwing ice all over oneself instead) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 A hot beverage is good to combat heat supposedly :P same reason why koreans drink chicken soup in the summer right? Besides the idea that chicken broth will replenish the energy lost through dehydration. And I remember being told by one of my teachers that if your body is warm you will tolerate the heat better, also, a hot shower will help by opening your pores etc (but of course it’s hard to drink a hot beverage in hot weather when one is craving throwing ice all over oneself instead) 

Same reason why cusinies of tropical climate make extensive use of spices. Hot food causes perspiration which in turn reduces body heat.

I find cold coffee blasphemous. For me hot latte is best way of beating 40+ heat. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

hm..saw the kingchoice.me thing in vietnamese news.  Said it's the most professional and biggest kpop & celebrity voting website.  How come I only hear about them recently.  Still happy more Vietnamese people will know about him.

http://toquoc.vn/top-nam-dien-vien-han-quoc-dien-trai-nhat-moi-thoi-dai-hyun-bin-xuat-sac-vuot-moi-doi-thu-nang-ky-de-co-mat-o-vi-tri-dau-tien-22202037214544317.htm

They describe him in 7th place  not the typical pretty boy light skin korean celeb, but more matured and experienced look.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Actually seeing how he is so dorky and innocent in real life, i can see why directors may not look to him immediately for rom-com roles haha. I mean this not in a bad way, but like all of you already said:

1. He is a married man and by virtue of that there’s nothing to play up in terms of publicity and shipping which a lot of fans and media like to do, and it always helps ratings and buzz. 
2. He just isn’t the type to carry himself in a sexy manner and he doesn’t have the “celebrity air” because he is just so down to earth despite being so handsome in facial features. 

and agree with @phoenix24 that it’s better for him to get a quality role he really is interested in and for us to wait, than to do a role just for the sake of it. Hopefully something interesting is in the works! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, corey said:

Any time anyone says JH is not sexy (or carry himseld in a sexy manner) and down to earth person I think of this particular photoshoot.

I think that anyone that seen JH's shows, movies or photoshoots knows that JH is very sexy. Actually only today I saw a comment from someone who saw TMWYS and said "Jang hyuk is one hot ajhussi". So I usually don't come across anyone who doesn't think JH is sexy. I think @The Reel Life meant that in real life he might not come across as sexy. I think this is true for variety shows, not necessarily real life. We have no idea how he really is in real life. Remembering the Hwasin interview JH did and from JH's simple answer, that he is the most manly at home, we need to remember that what we see of JH is what he wants us to see.  I think what we see of him in variety shows in not how he is on set. He might be goofy in some aspects, but he is completely confident and in control in other aspects. This is why I would love it if someone would film JH's work process. Not just short clips, but a long documentary showing JH's complete work process, from getting the script, to the actual filming.  I'd love seeing how JH actually transforms into his characters. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

hm..saw the kingchoice.me thing in vietnamese news.  Said it's the most professional and biggest kpop & celebrity voting website.  How come I only hear about them recently.  Still happy more Vietnamese people will know about him.

http://toquoc.vn/top-nam-dien-vien-han-quoc-dien-trai-nhat-moi-thoi-dai-hyun-bin-xuat-sac-vuot-moi-doi-thu-nang-ky-de-co-mat-o-vi-tri-dau-tien-22202037214544317.htm

They describe him in 7th place  not the typical pretty boy light skin korean celeb, but more matured and experienced look.

Oh so it wasn’t just a fan made poll :P I’m glad I spared some time to vote a few times :piggydance:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think that anyone that seen JH's shows, movies or photoshoots knows that JH is very sexy. Actually only today I saw a comment from someone who saw TMWYS and said "Jang hyuk is one hot ajhussi". So I usually don't come across anyone who doesn't think JH is sexy. I think @The Reel Life meant that in real life he might not come across as sexy. I think this is true for variety shows, not necessarily real life. We have no idea how he really is in real life. Remembering the Hwasin interview JH did and from JH's simple answer, that he is the most manly at home, we need to remember that what we see of JH is what he wants us to see.  I think what we see of him in variety shows in not how he is on set. He might be goofy in some aspects, but he is completely confident and in control in other aspects. This is why I would love it if someone would film JH's work process. Not just short clips, but a long documentary showing JH's complete work process, from getting the script, to the actual filming.  I'd love seeing how JH actually transforms into his characters. 

It makes sense that he exudes sexiness in photoshoot or getting into character as those are both work related. No doubt he can do it when it is call for and as he put it, "each acting gig is his boxing ring".  The fighting spirit and the look in his eyes totally change.

Although I think someone can be adorkable and sexy at the same time too.  ;):tenor:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

It makes sense that he exudes sexiness in photoshoot or getting into character as those are both work related. No doubt he can do it when it is call for and as he put it, "each acting gig is his boxing ring".  The fighting spirit and the look in his eyes totally change.

Although I think someone can be adorkable and sexy at the same time too.  ;):tenor:

I actually agree :) . I can speak for myself- Even though I've already seen FTLY, BM, SOGC, DRT and MF, I didn't become a fan of JH until I saw Dragon club, in which JH's looks was not the best and he was kinda goofy. I guess it was the combination of his intensity, his dedication, his love for his friends, his love and respect for his wife, his mellowness and goofiness that won me over. And it was only after that that I noticed how sexy JH really is. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

It also appeared in the Chinese news!

They mentioned he wasn't in the top 20 before but now he rose to position 7!!!

https://www.beauty321.com/post/33685

:heart1:

And I love his cute action and shy smile !

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Haha ya @corey I didn’t mean to say he isn’t sexy. I personally think sexiness is confidence and stability, and he has both, but he doesn’t carry himself in the “traditional sexy” way that makes the general public define. 

You guys could be right that in variety shows he shows off a goofier side (though I think it’s unintentional on his part haha). I can almost imagine how he would be sexy as the man of the house! 

I found him super sexy in Money Flower, and certain parts of FTLY. And then in My Country as well. But I really think he does not have any intention to showcase his sexiness, it just oozes through the confidence in his acting and the seriousness he puts in his work - that’s why it’s so sexy. While for other Popular actors, you can see without a doubt that the camera, director, production is milking their sexiness to the max to attract audiences. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

It also appeared in the Chinese news!

They mentioned he wasn't in the top 20 before but now he rose to position 7!!!

https://www.beauty321.com/post/33685

:heart1:

And I love his cute action and shy smile !

looking at who is at first place, I can't help but roll my eyes- that's the most handsome Korean actor?! Maybe the cutest... He looks like a baby! Is he a popular actor?!

we were just talking about JH being sexy or not, now looking at who's in the first places, I'm thinking maybe JH should be less sexy on screen and more his cute self... :blink:

I'm joking of course- JH never stop being sexy! :)  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

looking at who is at first place, I can't help but roll my eyes- that's the most handsome Korean actor?! Maybe the cutest... He looks like a baby! Is he a popular actor?!

we were just talking about JH being sexy or not, now looking at who's in the first places, I'm thinking maybe JH should be less sexy on screen and more his cute self... :blink:

I'm joking of course- JH never stop being sexy! :)  

Hyun Bin is first. He’s the one that is most compared to JH in terms of looks. Some people confuse them both in the past. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Hyun Bin is first. He’s the one that is most compared to JH in terms of looks. Some people confuse them both in the past. 

Really? Then I think the Chinese site made a mess of the pictures, because I saw this guy as being number one. And this guy looks like a baby :) 

韓國最帥男演員TOP10:金秀賢

Hyun bin seems to have a very good promotion team cause I see he's being pushed very hard by Korean entertainment sites, Netflix and YouTube. I personally tried Watching Memories of Alhambra as it was pushed very hard by Netflix without knowing who Hyun Bin was, but I lost interest withing a half an hour. Also saw a clip that YouTube pushed at me from Crash landing, and I was horrified by his bad acting- it was a clip in which his character was supposed to be jealous, and I guess his idea of acting jealous was to adopt the expression of a petulant 4 yrs old... I think he is one of those actors that @The Reel Life mentioned, milking his sexiness to the limit. Not knowing anything about him, I found him bland and expressionless.

16 minutes ago, corey said:

Wait a sec - does that meant that you didn't think that JH is "one sexy ahjussi" (I love that expression, lol!) at the time you wathed FTLY and MF?? Of you did think he was sexy, but nothing out of ordinary?

I didn't think he was sexy from the get go. Watching FTLY, I at first thought he was hilarious and goofy, and then I thought he was a great actor, which led me to watch BM, that further cemented my perception of him as a good actor. I think at the time I thought he was a delight :) There is something so engaging about him- the sense of humor and the sincerity in his eyes made it so much fun to watch him. But at the time, since he was the first Korean actor that I've ever seen, I thought it's something to do with Kdramas. Only when I tried watching another actor, that I realized that JH was unique. Understand, I didn't even know his name at the time! This is when I went back to JH and watched MF, in which he awed me. So I googled him and found out that just before MF he did Dragon club, decided to watch that, and the rest is history... :)

But many of the fans here mentioned that they also thought he was a good actor first and only later realized he was sexy, so I'm not unique in that...

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Then I think the Chinese site made a mess of the pictures, because I saw this guy as being number one. And this guy looks like a baby :) 

I think the chinese site started counting down from number 10.:sweat_smile: So KSH was shown first and Hyun Bin last since he is number 1.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think the chinese site started counting down from number 10.:sweat_smile: So KSH was shown first and Hyun Bin last since he is number 1.

I think you are right, only they marked the first picture they showed as "#1" and this confused me. I will admit, once I saw Jang Hyuk, I couldn't be bothered with the rest, so I didn't even reach Hyun Bin :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

37 minutes ago, corey said:

OK, so I am "early development" compared to you (meaning, I realised that he is unique just after his second show I watched). But it was such a contrast and shock, first watching WoL where I decidedly thought him ugly and , IDK, totally uninteresting to the point of being dull and rather stupid (I mean, who in his right mind would fall for that annoying girl!) and then FTLY and hating him in the early episodes and then have this revelation in one scene. So it must have been the sheer shock - realising that he has such a range, that he can be ugly, annoying, goofy  and then, just after one second, vulnerable, jelly-leg handsome and serious. No-one among K-Drama actors has such a range.

It's possible that since I was crying so hard watching FTLY (and I mean crying!), that I just couldn't see JH that clearly through the tears :) 

What was the one scene in FTLY in which that revelation happened for you?

• Like 3

alert ~ in case chingus haven't noticed, there is a jang hyuk theme badge available in the members shop!!!! check it out! buy it using your soompi points to proudly display on your profile!

:coolshades:

• Thanks 2