12 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I personally go for historicals of any country. I think something I like is the different setting and atmosphere, I feel it helps with (my own) immersion and also there’s this perception that “outrageous plots” feel more “plausible” in older time periods. I like fantasy for similar reasons (while some friends of mine say they don’t like fantasy and prefer “realistic” settings) 

Haha, we can shake hands on this! I like historical drama. Used to watch in the 1980s more from Hong Kong channel. Now I mostly watch C drama or K drama historical.

Actually not only I like historical, I also like period drama like Legend of something something that type (fiction). I like their costume, their head dress, their shoe, the way they walk & even the way they speak.

I was curious why in Korea historical drama, sometimes people addressed the King as "Pyeha" while some addressed as "Jeonha" - maybe something to do with the era?

11 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I just read that now there are 430+ confirmed COVID-19 cases in S Korea. It has been spreading quiet rapidly. I hope everybody on the set of the drama remains safe.

And I read that a person can be re infected again! :o

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I do try to not talk too much of dramas of JH I don’t like because honestly people should check things out for themselves since we all have different taste.

Agree with you that Gaekju was boring (for me). I didn't find chemistry between Bong Sam & So Sa. TWDR I find he didn't have chemistry with Se Kyung & but the drama was entertaining. In SOGC I must be the few who prefers Honey Lee to the main actress but I enjoyed the story. 

TBH, but this is just me, perhaps because I've watched quite many historical drama, I've enjoyed them more than the ones JH were in. Example : Jumong, Queen of Seondeok, Dae Jang Jeum, Dong Yi, King's Daughter (just to name a few K historical). But of course, every one has different preference. I also don't mind if he does a war genre or a thug genre. :grimace:

@budgerie Of the ones you mentioned my favorite is Queen Seondeok, I watched it twice, it is the kdrama that got me hooked on sageuk and thanks to it I found TWDR and Jang Hyuk. So you didn’t like Chuno? I did, and its my favorite sageuk along with QSD. Bidam and Daegil made me cry like no other character. 

I watched half of Jumong (its good but too long) I finished Dae Jang Jeum and I loved the food scenes lol but, I wished it was shorter. I know those two are classics but I have a hard time with such long dramas. 

Jang Hyuk in a war drama? I never thought of it but I like the idea. Jang Hyuk in uniform and as a soldier. Yummy! He was the Ace (and occasionally clumsy always dorky) soldier on Real Men ha! He can totally sell this image. He can also get hurt (like @Prettysup likes lol! Thanks for putting that hot image in my mind. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Jang Hyuk in a war drama? I never thought of it but I like the idea. Jang Hyuk in uniform and as a soldier. Yummy! He was the Ace (and occasionally clumsy always dorky) soldier on Real Men ha! He can totally sell this image. He can also get hurt (like @Prettysup likes lol! Thanks for putting that hot image in my mind. 

Ahhhh that sounds so good! War drama with lots of injury scenes !! I dont think he gonna get hurt in TMWYS at all, he is too invincible in here, sigh.. Anyway since he has already grown out his hair, might as well do a saguek next haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Of the ones you mentioned my favorite is Queen Seondeok, I watched it twice, it is the kdrama that got me hooked on sageuk and thanks to it I found TWDR and Jang Hyuk. So you didn’t like Chuno? I did, and its my favorite sageuk along with QSD. Bidam and Daegil made me cry like no other character. 

I preferred Jumong. You know, I even imagined JH to be Jumong. I think he would bring out the character (better). With JH, the longer the drama is fine with me. Jumong was 80 episodes :phew:And Jumong eldest bro, that's what I meant by I hate that fellow! And his look also irritated me.

I like Chuno. What I mean is I wish JH could do a more "solid" historical drama (example : Jumong) not those 16-24 episodes type. Can't even explore the character with just 16 episodes.

I watched half of Jumong (its good but too long) I finished Dae Jang Jeum and I loved the food scenes lol but, I wished it was shorter. I know those two are classics but I have a hard time with such long dramas.

Of the women drama, Queen of Seondeok, Dong Yi, Dae Jang Geum, I prefer Queen of Seondeok. The plot is more interesting.

I find him look hot in Military Uniform :lol:So far he hasn't got a role where he had to play serious no nonsense officer right? Except for that horrible Iris. Yes he could get hurt & injured (I mean, who doesn't get injured in war)? Lol.

He could also play a thug genre, example : syndicate or trafficker that type. I feel these are challenges that am sure JH can play well.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Ahhhh that sounds so good! War drama with lots of injury scenes !! I dont think he gonna get hurt in TMWYS at all, he is too invincible in here, sigh.. Anyway since he has already grown out his hair, might as well do a saguek next haha

Doesn't he get injured enough? He was almost exploded 5 years ago! Lol.

While typing this, am laughing to myself, those of us here who wants his next genre to have LOVE but the few of us here wants a hot JH in war! Hahaha!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, corey said:

@dramafan33, OMG, thank you sooooo much, I know what my next binge watch will be now. JH looks super handsome, chemistry is through the roof, and do I see correctly that thre is another of my favourite oppas there, Im Joo Hwan? I could not ask for more.

Still has to watch Ep 7 of TMWYS with subs, though.

@corey Which are you referring to that you want to watch? But have you watched Fated To Love You? Haha if you haven’t then perhaps you should save that for the last. I was spoilt by that and I didn’t feel like watching other love stories that JH acted in anymore because somehow I felt the chemistry would never top that of FTLY! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

@corey Which are you referring to that you want to watch? But have you watched Fated To Love You? Haha if you haven’t then perhaps you should save that for the last. I was spoilt by that and I didn’t feel like watching other love stories that JH acted in anymore because somehow I felt the chemistry would never top that of FTLY! 

If @corey is going to watch Shine or go crazy before Fated to love you, then she will feel as if Wang So is in modern times when she watches FTLY..lol.

• LOL 3

I find him look hot in Military Uniform :lol:So far he hasn't got a role where he had to play serious no nonsense officer right? Except for that horrible Iris. Yes he could get hurt & injured (I mean, who doesn't get injured in war)? Lol.

He could also play a thug genre, example : syndicate or trafficker that type. I feel these are challenges that am sure JH can play well.

Doesn't he get injured enough? He was almost exploded 5 years ago! Lol.

While typing this, am laughing to myself, those of us here who wants his next genre to have LOVE but the few of us here wants a hot JH in war! Hahaha!

The only thing horrible about Iris2 was his hair, otherwise I love it. But I don’t want him acting as a thug or conman like Tazza. I like my heroes to be good guys hehe... 

And being injured in flashbacks doesnt count coz you know he’s gonna recover and we don’t get to see scenes of him in pain suffering and recovering. Anyway I still harbour hopes of OJH suffering a relapse or something. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

33 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

If @corey is going to watch Shine or go crazy before Fated to love you, then she will feel as if Wang So is in modern times when she watches FTLY..lol.

I know many ppl have found his acting in these 2 similar but I do not think so at all. The 2 dramas are entirely different genre. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

The only thing horrible about Iris2 was his hair, otherwise I love it. But I don’t want him acting as a thug or conman like Tazza. I like my heroes to be good guys hehe... 

:lol: he could be the good guy in a syndicate, you know undercover. Iris was too sad. Even though I finished it, yes that ugly hair, it was too sad.

5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And being injured in flashbacks doesnt count coz you know he’s gonna recover and we don’t get to see scenes of him in pain suffering and recovering. Anyway I still harbour hopes of OJH suffering a relapse or something. 

I don't think you'll get to see him suffering a relapse. If you've watched ep 7, there was a scene where SY was running & chasing after the guy who works in the cotton factory, but suddenly OHJ appeared just right infront of him. Didn't even see him running much. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, corey said:

@The Reel Life, @azureblue7, I have seen FTL. Why would I otherwise be so fixed on romance in TMWYS? :D If what you guys are telling me about the similarities, then I am even more looking forward to seeing SoGC. Thank you  all.

@dramafan33 I really, really like Im Joo Hwan, I was like watching several episodes of the Game Towards Midnight for his sake (the show has similar tone, although the scriptwriting quality does not even compare to TMWYS, so I dropped it)

@coreyHave you watched Money Flower? If you haven't - may I recommend you to watch it. For me, I much preferred MF genre than FTLY genre. No romance - he loves the girl but he cannot have her due to he wants to use her for his revenge. However, the sexual tension is this drama is ......I can't even find a right word to describe it.

JH role in MF is a handsome smart lawyer who knows everything. In short, he looks like a dog serving its masters but in truth, the masters can't do anything without this dog. :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

we don’t get to see scenes of him in pain suffering and recovering. Anyway I still harbour hopes of OJH suffering a relapse or something. 

I think I've already told you that you are a scary person. :w00t:  Do you find onscreen pain of the protagonists cathar

tic?

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Look at his hair in the last pic, don't you think it's a waste if there's no romance..haha.

I fully concur haha. Gosh I don’t want to go on and on like a broken record so I’ll stop harping on the fact that he needs to do a romance drama asap hahaha. :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I don't think you'll get to see him suffering a relapse. If you've watched ep 7, there was a scene where SY was running & chasing after the guy who works in the cotton factory, but suddenly OHJ appeared just right infront of him. Didn't even see him running much. 

He took a shortcut coz his genius mind figured out the layout of the factory quickly hahha

3 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I think I've already told you that you are a scary person. :w00t:  Do you find onscreen pain of the protagonists cathar

tic?

Haha but I am quite picky, not all protagonist qualify, some I have no feelings even if they suffer pain. And it must be a handsome guy of coz. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, corey said:

Guys, how do you like my new profile picture :D?

If you look at my profile pic, that's JH in Money Flower as the handsome, smart, and "knows everything" lawyer. This is my fav pic of him because I get "excited" when I see him rolled up his sleeve & without a jacket.:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

33 minutes ago, corey said:

Guys, how do you like my new profile picture :D?

Hahaha well done in getting a new profile pic! I suspect you’ll have much more materials to play with as we go along. I mean, how would you be able to choose from all the upcoming drama stills that will be released? Every picture gets even better :lol: 

15 minutes ago, budgerie said:

If you look at my profile pic, that's JH in Money Flower as the handsome, smart, and "knows everything" lawyer. This is my fav pic of him because I get "excited" when I see him rolled up his sleeve & without a jacket.:lol:

oh @budgerie I totally remember you and your “JH with sleeves rolled up” obsession haha. Too bad its winter in this drama so you won’t get to see his arms hahahaha! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2